Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 1 of 3[ 109 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

RP Proposal ThreadTopic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

This thread is here so anyone planning on starting an RP can pitch their idea, answer questions about it, see who's interested, and so on. Once you think the RP's ready to go, send me a PM. I'll give you permission to open up an OOC thread once I've confirmed that the RP's ready. Once the OOC thread's up and running, you may start the main thread whenever you're ready.

For everyone's convenience, the spoiler box below contains links to all proposed RPs that have yet to be launched.
Spoiler: Proposed RPs
The Mercurial Peace (GM: Shadowsleuth)

I'll always love you, Max.
Re: RP Proposal ThreadTopic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

Wait a moment. What's an OOC? Also, what's the difference between an OC and an OOC? :ron:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Gettin' Old!

Ace Pointer wrote:
Wait a moment. What's an OOC? Also, what's the difference between an OC and an OOC? :ron:

OC = Original Character. Like Shadnic the Hedgehog a pure chaos fusion of Sonic and Shadow who has a super and hyper form and can bend time.

In seriousness this is just any character you made yourself instead of using existing characters like Nick and Maya. Like the sweetshop owner/witness Khan Dee.

OOC = Out of character. For discussions as players and not characters. Though it can also be used to criticise actions done in character that don't fit the character.

"Nick laughed evily as he made profane gestures at the defeated Edgeworth" would be pretty out of character for Nick

"Hey Pierre I don't think that's a good portrayal of Nick. He wouldn't do that to my Edgey character!" That's an out of character conversation between players.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Winter Flag Trademark

Oh, so that's what it means! :cody-shock2: Thanks alot for the explanation, Pierre! :edgey:

Gettin' Old!

For the record I'd like to try either a Samurai-based Roleplay (Legend of the Five Rings), a Space-Western (Firefly system), or I could go a high-fantasy route (13th Age).

I'd be willing to try GMing either of these but it would be my first time doing such a thing so folks would need to bear with me.
Also these RPs have stat sheets and stuff as well, so it'd require a smidge more than just "story posting", Dice would roll.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

I figure this is a good time for me to pitch the planned second iteration of the dead Fire Emblem RP I started. The working title is "Fire Emblem: Ruler of the East." I've been working on it on and off for a while, but never openly announced the plans for it.

Spoiler: Story
The prospect of a united Anatolia has often permeated conversation in the Beorc courts of Eastern Duat. Rarely has a year passed without at least one of the kingdoms in the region finding itself at war with a neighboring Bear Laguz kingdom. If Anatolia were to unite into a single state, only a fool would dare attack. No one has denied this. The main reason it hasn’t happened is disagreement over the answer to a predictable question: Who would rule a united Anatolia? This disagreement has ensured that a united Anatolia would be little more than a dream for a long time. After the Bear King’s Wars ended in 820, Anatolia consisted of twenty-seven kingdoms. Over the centuries, that number dwindled to six; some kingdoms were annexed by Hellas or Calis to the west while others were conquered by their brethren.

Of the six remaining kingdoms, only two are powerful enough to have any chance of uniting Anatolia through force of arms: the centralized and militaristic Paphlagonia and the decentralized and mercantile Chaldia. War between the two was almost inevitable. All it took was one sufficiently ambitious ruler, and King Damian of Paphlagonia was long thought to be that ruler. However, in 1079, the situation was turned on its head. King Erlik of Arka, together with his brother-in-law, King Alaz of Zemar, declared war on Paphlagonia, intent on seizing the lands to the east of the Jinn River. With the majority of the Paphlagonian army occupied fighting the Bear Laguz invaders, King Emmanuel II of Chaldia (nicknamed “Emmanuel the Golden”) seized the opportunity, gathering a large force of mercenaries to bolster his own forces and declaring war on Paphlagonia the following year. This, in turn, led Paphlagonia's allies, the Beorc kingdom of Seleucia and the Bear kingdom of Jaffa, to get involved. It is likely that whoever wins this war will ultimately rule over a united Anatolia, dramatically shifting the balance of power in Duat.

For newcomers, here are the basics of the RP:
  • The RP uses a continent of my own design: Duat. Though many classes will be familiar to veterans of the Fire Emblem games, I've also designed some of my own.
  • Many of the mechanics from the games are present in the RP. I'll be managing such things as how individual combats play out, what a character's stats and equipment are, and so on.
  • The story focuses on a conflict in Eastern Duat between two kingdoms and their allies: the decentralized and mercantile Chaldia versus the centralized and militaristic Paphlagonia. At stake is control over a united Anatolia. Other factions will likely reveal themselves as the story progresses. Much of it hinges on the players' actions.
  • Characters can die, but unless I'm kicking you out of the RP, only you have the authority to have your character(s) die. If your character runs out of HP, he/she is wounded and will fight at reduced strength in subsequent battles until he/she has recovered.
  • Battle mechanics are based predominantly on the ones used in Radiant Dawn. I've thrown in some of my own design and intend to test out some of the mechanics before formally starting the RP.
  • I will allow one character in the starting party to be a Laguz or a mid-tier Beorc class. This character will serve as a crutch in the beginning. Whoever claims the position first gets to control the crutch character.

There are also a number of changes planned for the RP:
  • I'm allowing players to have two characters instead of one, though with a restriction to prevent gaming the support system: for every one support level you want to create between your two characters, you need one support level between one of your characters and one of another player's characters. For example, if you want your two characters to have an S-level support, they each need to have supported with other characters at least four times, making for eight total supports with other characters. In addition, your second character may not be introduced until three battles after the introduction of your first character (exceptions will be granted in the case of players who are present in the beginning).
  • A few new skills have been added while others have been changed.
  • Each race has a detailed Lore entry (some are still being typed up).
  • Laguz "promotion" and leveling has been changed.
  • Some of the classes will have had their growth rates, base stats, promotion bonuses, and/or caps altered for what I hope will be better balance.
  • I'm considering having each battle be contained in a single post that everyone contributes to and plans out beforehand in the OOC thread as the battle progresses.
  • Restrictions governing romantic supports have been changed.
  • The RP starts off as a conflict between two factions. Those who join before it starts will have a say in which faction the party serves in the beginning.
I might have forgotten a few changes. The biggest obstacle at this point is finishing up the Lore entries and going over all the classes and making the necessary changes. I hope to have the new iteration of the RP ready to go by the end of the month, but I make no promises.

June 29 Update: I don't expect to be done by the end of the month. It's possible, but I consider it unlikely.

July 2 Update: Ngh... I just noticed that I made a miscalculation when compiling class stats. It was in the bottom-tier stats, which throws off all my calculations for middle-tier and top-tier classes. I have to do all the calculations over again! [headdesk]

July 7 Update: Okay... I've got the bottom-tier class stats compiled. Two classes are getting nerfed and one is getting buffed. I've also made some smaller changes to stats and growth rates to ensure that it's less likely that one gender will outperform the other in any given class (though stats, growth rates, and caps still differ between the genders).

July 8 Update: The mid-tier classes have all had their caps compiled. Six classes now have lower stat caps in some areas. Growth rates and promotion bonuses are still being worked on.

Early July 9 Update: Mid-tier stats have been compiled. Three classes got nerfed. No buffs were necessary. Laguz and top-tier classes are next.

Mid-July 9 Update: The Laguz and top-tier classes have all had their caps compiled. Many classes need nerfing or buffing.

Late July 9 Update: The necessary nerfs and buffs have been completed as far as caps are concerned. All that's left with regards to class balance now is to look over growth rates and promotion bonuses.

July 10 Update: Story is up.

September 13 Update: Technically, the classes were fully balanced out weeks ago, but I never mentioned it here. There are two Lore entries for races left. I also need to type up the main post and plan out the plot in greater detail.

October 13 Update: All of the races have Lore entries. I'm working on some maps of Duat. In theory, the RP could begin today, but I'd like to get some more things finished first. I've also discovered that the starting stats for the Laguz classes don't necessarily match up well with the stats of a typical promoted Beorc class. As such, Laguz starting stats and growth rates need to change. Otherwise, a Laguz with a true level of 21 will be underpowered compared to any Beorc with the same true level.

March 22 Update: Ready for input.

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

I apologize for not checking here first.

I want to propose a pokemon RP. The way this RP will work is basically roleplaying through a pokemon game, hence the name, "Pokemon RePlay". I like the pokemon franchise to an extent; and thought it would be fun to RP a pokemon game alongside other people.
The battle system will be based off an honor system checked by numerous factors. The battles will be described only for trainer battles and against stronger wild pokemon.
I just came up with the idea and I wanted to see if people would be interested since I noticed the Roleplay section wasn't really active. If I forgot to mention something, I apologize. Thank you for your time and consideration.
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

Last edited by Crescent Moon on Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

In Justice We Trust

I presume you'd be serving as the GM?

Yes. But if this does take off, then I might ask someone else to assist me. But yes, I will be the GM.

In Justice We Trust

How integrated with the games themselves do you plan on making the RP? For example, do you plan on it being possible for a player to catch a Ponyta on Route 102 (Ponyta are not found there in any of the games)?

No, I plan on following the games as close as possible, which includes which pokemon spawn where. Of course, I will also have to be a bit creative with integrating newer gen pokemon just to keep up a variety.

In Justice We Trust

Bulbapedia probably has you covered in that area.

How do you plan on handling battles? The anime doesn't always play by the rules, but sometimes they do raise valid points regarding how some of the games' battle mechanics don't always make sense. There's a lot of room for unintentional god-moding when it comes to battles.

[mumble]Thinking about it, I should probably expand the post for my own RP to clarify points for people who weren't here for version 1.0...[/mumble]

Hmm... the battle system... I think I know how I'm going to do it. There will still be a level system from the game, but the battles will be descriptive, as if from the anime, if that makes sense. That way, we won't have to keep describing battles with details. Such as in the case of going up against a much weaker pokemon (at least 15 levels lower).

In Justice We Trust

So, for example, suppose my Dugtrio is facing someone else's Pidgeot. I tell my Dugtrio to use Stone Edge (teachable via TM71). How would the results be determined? Would I decide if Stone Edge hits? Would my opponent decide? Would you decide? Would it be decided by a random number generator (Stone Edge has an accuracy of 80%)? For that matter, how would we decide how much damage the move does if it connects?

Whether the move hits or not will be decided by the move's accuracy with accuracy percentages of 80 and above hitting almost all the time. My assistant and I will mainly be controlling the NPC characters (battlers and citizens) and also narrate for wild pokemon, so that's covered. The damage system... I must admit I'm actually not quite sure...

In Justice We Trust

I'm primarily concerned with averting god-moding in battles. If my memory of Ash's battle with Winona is correct, I suspect much of what happened there probably would qualify as god-moding if someone tried that in your RP.

As a recap, what I recall is that Ash's Swellow took a few Pecks, at least one Hyper Beam, and an Aerial Ace. After all that, it took out Winona's Swellow with a single Wing Attack (or was it a Quick Attack?).

It's not accurate, but the way that the amount of damage a pokemon can sustain would be equal to the move's power and pokemon's level. It's easier to say a strong pokemon can take more hits than a weaker pokemon, but a pokemon that's the same level is more capable of taking down the other pokemon. I guess... it's more of an honor system, but is checked by a couple of limits. These limits are the pokemon's level and the strength of the move they use. God-moding will be checked by me. I don't know if you trust me or not, but I play fairly and personally despise cheating.

In Justice We Trust

Don't worry. I trust you. Besides, if you were to crack down on god-moding, yet engage in it yourself, the rest of the players would probably call you out on it. By the way, it might be a good idea to include these details you've clarified in your original post. I'm asking these questions as much for myself as for anyone else who might be interested in your RP.

Excellent! I will add these details to the post to help clarify how this RP will work. Do do I have the OK then?

In Justice We Trust

Not yet. There are other questions I have, not to mention it's probably a good idea to wait and see who else might be interested in joining your RP. Two people isn't much to work with, especially when one of them is the GM. I was talking about adding these details to your first post in this thread, but it's a good idea to include those in the RP's main post once I've unlocked the thread.

Oh. Ok then. Wait... 2 people?

In Justice We Trust

I will probably join the RP once everything's squared away.

Alright then. Well any questions you have left I will try to answer the best I can.

In Justice We Trust

Evolution that uses something other than levels or stones comes to mind. For example, if I have a Machoke, would I have to trade it to another player for it to evolve into a Machamp or would the RP allow an alternative means of evolution in such cases?

It would probably also be a good idea for you to try to spot any other things in the RP that you expect to differ from the games. I might forget to ask about something that has yet to be covered, after all.

Hmm... well in that case, pokemon requiring trade to evolve will just need to hold an item that I'll make up and level up once. Items on the floor will stay there like they are, but will only be picked up if a player notices and picks it up themselves. In other words, items on the floor are never mentioned during a setting.

In Justice We Trust

Gm... Sounds like a good incentive to read up on every location I go to... However, that might present a problem if, say, three players all want the same item even though the item only appears once in only one location.

I would hope so. I feel like some studying is necessary to help with location familiarity, moves, pokemon info etc.

In Justice We Trust

Do you plan on imposing any restrictions regarding character creation? For example, are there going to be age restrictions? For that matter, what about starter Pokémon? You said the RP will start in Johto, so does that mean everyone starts off with a choice of Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile?

Well... I don't want the characters to be too old, so 18 at the oldest. About the starters... I think I'll make all the starters available.

General Luigi wrote:
Gm... Sounds like a good incentive to read up on every location I go to... However, that might present a problem if, say, three players all want the same item even though the item only appears once in only one location.

Items on the floor will be on more of a "first come, first serve basis". However, that will not stop one person from sharing, trading or giving an item away if they so choose.

In Justice We Trust

I can't think of any further questions I might have. I'll reopen your RP's thread.

Nevermind this post.

The person that needs to play AAI2

I would like my Phoenix Wright RP to be officially started now.

Winter Flag Trademark

You can't just start it out on the bat like that, you should need to wait for what General Luigi has to say and respond him till he says it's okay.

(I kind of suspect getting an Immature response by someone right now all on a sudden.)

Gettin' Old!

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
You can't just start it out on the bat like that, you should need to wait for what General Luigi has to say and respond him till he says it's okay.

(I kind of suspect getting an Immature response by someone right now all on a sudden.)

How about a mature response then?

His post there could be considered an appropriate request to General Luigi for him to give the go ahead.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

zaiman12345 wrote:

Please describe your RP in more detail.

The person that needs to play AAI2

General Luigi wrote:
zaiman12345 wrote:

Please describe your RP in more detail.

Can you please read the RP thread?
I have it up. It's name is Phoenix Wright: The New Trials. I can copy and paste it for you if you want it here, though.

In Justice We Trust

zaiman12345 wrote:
Welcome to Phoenix Wright: Trials and Weirdness. I'll start this RP off with the intro to the first case.
This RP comes in no place in the timeline and doesn't tie into anything. So all characters are useable, But remember that the case info will not change when a new character is introduced. With that out of the way, here we go!
Turnabout Finder
Info
Victim: Finn Crow (character i made up)
Defendant: Athena Cykes
Attorney: Phoenix Wright
Prosecutor: Fransiska von Karma
Murder Weapon: Custom 10 shot Revolver with Athena's Fingerprints on it.
Cause of Death: Shot 3 times.
Intro
"Who are you? Why am I here?"
"You'll find out sooner or later, when I come to hell with you when I die."
*BANG BANG BANG*
"Goodbye, Mr. Crow..."
Wright and Co. Law Offices
Phoenix- Well then, Maya, you're up early...
Maya- Well, I was kinda up all night...
Phoenix- What? Why?
Maya- I couldn't sleep well.
Phoenix- Why didn't you wake me up then?
Maya- I can take care of myself!
Phoenix- Ok then... Jeez.
TV- A murder happened at South Lake this evening, in the woods. From what it looks like, the victim was gaged and shot 3 times.
Maya- Who did it?
TV- The suspect for this murder is Athena Cykes, the trial will be happening tomorrow.
Phoenix- Athena! I need to be the Defense in this trial... Maya, I'll be right back!

While that does tell me the parts of the story I need to know about, I have at least one other question that isn't answered here, and it will probably lead to more questions.

What are the players supposed to do in this RP? What are their roles, in other words?

Winter Flag Trademark

I think the RP maker has gone all like "---- it, making a RP is extremely tough here. I give up." or something.

In Justice We Trust

Let's not jump to any conclusions, Patchouli. More importantly, that was a rather rude thing to say.
Page 1 of 3 [ 109 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay