Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 5 of 9[ 356 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Re: Pokémon RePlayTopic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

"Shall we?" Lucy asked Piplup and Rattata.

"Piplup!" Piplup exclaimed as if ordering an army to march. Rattata snickered, but followed Piplup and Lucy.
I'll always love you, Max.

Elohim Essaim Elohim Essaim

Akashi smiled, and then led the group out of the Pokemon Center. The group then made their way to New Bark Town. But at the entrance to Route 29, a boy with red hair and a black outfit was running and stopped when he noticed the group. He stood a few feet from the group, and then smirked. "... You all got a pokemon at the Lab. What a waste. Those are pokemon that are too good for a bunch of wimps like you four. Don't you get what I'm saying? Well, I too have a good pokemon. I'll show you what I mean!"
He pointed at Anya, "you! I challenge you to a battle!"
"I'm in lesbians with you" - Scott Pilgrim

You’re so small in such a big world...

"Hmph! Where do you get off, calling us wimps when you don't even know us?" Anya asked. "I accept your challenge! Go, Cyan!"

"Cynda!"

Cyan stepped in front of Anya, ready to battle.

(Call me a wimp. I'll show him who's boss! And wipe that arrogant smirk off his face while I'm at it!)
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Silver sent out a Totodile (Lv. 5)!
"Ladies first!" He said in a condescending tone.

"Fine!" Anya snapped. "Cyan, use Tackle!"

"Cynda!" Cyan charged toward Totodile.

(Oh, yeah. I should probably see what my Pokedex has to say about this thing . . .)

Anya took out her Pokedex and tried to scan Totodile with it.

The Cyndaquil hit the opposing Totodile squarely, sending him back a few feet. Totodile quickly got up and regained its composure.
"Totodile! Use Scratch!" Yelled Silver.
Totodile quickly ran up to Cyan, and scratched him good, causing Cyan to take a step back from the pain. Cyan quickly recovered however.

The Pokedex rattled off data about the Totodile, but Anya was too focused on the battle to pay any attention to what was being said.

(I'll have to look it up again later.)

She looked at Cyan with concern when he was scratched, but since he seemed to shake it off, she relaxed slightly.

"Okay, Cyan! Tackle it again!"

"Cynda!"

Cyan charged toward Totodile again.

"Totodile, dodge it!"
Totodile tried dodging the oncoming attack but was a bit late and got hit right in the weak spot. The Totodile was sent flying once again and landed near Silver. After a little struggle, Totodile stood up, but seemed pretty tired.
"... Humph! You're doing ok for someone weak! Totodile! Use Scratch again!" Totodile nodded and jumped toward Cyan. Cyan tried to get out of the way, but Totodile still managed to land a hit.
Although Totodile had landed a hit, Cyan was obviously still more capable of battling.

Anya clenched her jaw.

(Doing okay for someone weak?! Grrr! I can't stand this guy!)

"Ha! Seems like you're the weak one!" She folded her arms and gave him a smirk of her own.

(And it seems like I'm the cocky one now. Oh, god, I'm turning into him!)

She quickly wiped her smirk off her face, uncrossed her arms, and adopted a serious expression.

"Now, Cyan, use Tackle one more time!"

Cyan charged at the Totodile again.

Cyndaquil's tackle connected, sending the Totodile into the air and then hitting the ground and sliding to a stop. The Totodile didn't get back up, signifying that Anya and Cyan won.
"Totodile, return!" Silver said while holding out a poke ball. Silver walked up to Anya and gave her 2000¥
"... Humph! Are you happy you won?" He then paused for a bit. "... I'm Silver and I'm going to be the world's greatest pokemon trainer." Silver then ran off past everyone into Cherrygrove City.

Last edited by Crescent Moon on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In Justice We Trust

"Piplup," Piplup muttered with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Rattata snickered at Piplup's remark.

"Rat, Ratta, ta Ratta Rat," Rattata added.

"I hope most of the trainers we run into aren't like that," Lucy muttered, loudly enough for her companions to hear, but softly enough that Silver was unlikely to overhear.

"Yes! Great job, Cyan!"

Anya smiled widely as she accepted the money.

She didn't feel the need to dignify his question with a response, but when Silver said his name, Anya committed it to her memory.

"Silver, huh? Good riddance," she said after he left. "You said it, Lucy. I hope I never have to deal with that jerk again."

(Though something tells me I will see him again . . . when we're both stronger . . .)

"Let's move on."

Akashi made sure everyone was ok before moving on. After assuring that Cyan and Anya were ok, he led the group back down the path. Although it was still fairly bright, the sun was a little more set than earlier, creating a really bright orange hue. To save time, Akashi led everyone down the ledges and around all the patches of grass. They got to New Bark Town in record time.

In Justice We Trust

Lucy glanced at the clock on her Pokégear. "Hopefully, the Professor's lab doesn't close its doors this early," she said. "Then again, even if the lab closes, we can probably just seek him out at his home. He'd make an exception for us, right?"

"Maybe." Said Akashi while shrugging.
Akashi led the group to the Lab, where the doors were in fact open. However, a police officer came out and tackled Akashi. He then started to handcuff him. "Rule 1: the criminal will always return to the scene of a crime!"
Akashi didn't resist, but kept stating that he was innocent.

In Justice We Trust

"C-Criminal!?" Lucy yelped, shocked at the accusation. "O-Officer, what happened? I don't think Akashi's committed any crimes... We only got back from Cherrygrove City moments ago. Actually... come to think of it, what are the charges in the first place?" (Does the Professor have black market connections...? What if that egg...) She thought she felt her bag shake a bit. (No, that's ridiculous.)

The Officer looked at Lucy, "a pokemon was recently stolen from this lab! So we're charging this stranger for theft of a pokemon!"
Elm came out of the lab, "wait! He's innocent!" The cop looked very confused, "huh?" He said.
"The real crook had red hair and black clothes!" Elm told the officer.

In Justice We Trust

"Red hair and black clothes..." Lucy muttered.

"Rattata!" Rattata exclaimed.

"Sounds like we're thinking the same thing," Lucy commented. "Perchance, was the stolen Pokémon a Totodile? Someone with red hair and black clothes confronted us outside of Cherrygrove City and challenged Anya to a battle. He only had a Totodile."

After hearing what Elm said and the question Lucy said, the officers eyes widened. He quickly took off the handcuffs he had on Akashi and apologized. "Yes. The stolen pokemon was a Totodile. You met him at Cherrygrove City?! I need to go immediately! Thank you for your cooperation and sorry about the misunderstanding!" He then ran off toward Cherrygrove City.

After being falsely accused of theft, Professor Elm brought everyone inside toward the back of his lab. Oh, this is terrible. They say a pokemon raised by a bad perspn becomes bad themselves..." But he smiled as he looked at the group before him. "So? How did it go? What was it that Mr. Pokemon wanted me to see?"

In Justice We Trust

"A Pokémon egg," Lucy said, reaching into her bag, taking the egg out, and removing her jacket from it. "He didn't say which Pokémon was in it, but I'm sure I've seen this pattern before."

"Rattata," Rattata commented.

"Pip," Piplup said, his tone suggesting he agreed with whatever Rattata had said.

Elm quickly took the Egg from Lucy and examined it closer. "This is incredible! Although... I can't say I'm aware of what pokemon is inside... hm?" He noticed Akashi's Pokedex sticking out of his pocket a little. "What is that?" Elm asked.
Akashi took it out, "It's a Pokedex! We met Professor Oak and he gave all four of us a Pokedex!"
Elm looked completely surprised, "all four of you...? Amazing! Professor Oak is highly talented at seeing the potential within people." Elm paused for a second, "why don't you four take the Pokemon League challenge? You have to defeat eight gyms, and then you participate in a tournament to see who can challenge the Champion! This journey won't be an easy one, I must admit."
"It'll be easy!" Said Akashi.

In Justice We Trust

"I doubt it will be 'easy,'" Lucy remarked. "Still, it's exactly why I came here. Frankly, I was considering taking the challenge whether you offered or not, Professor."

"Ratta Rat, Rat Rat Ratta Rat Rattata Rattata Ratta!" Rattata commented excitedly.

"Lup Pip Pluppiplup?" Piplup asked.

"Rat," Rattata replied.

Back in it, hopefully for the better

"I'm with Lucy on this one, Professor. I have always longed to travel and this is a great way to start."

"Whew. We sure got back quickly!" Anya exclaimed when they walked into town. She was about to assure Lucy that they'd find some way to get to Elm and she shouldn't worry her pretty little head when Akashi was tackled by a police officer. Anya let out an aggravated sigh and put her hands to her hips.

"Rule 1: any criminal who returns to the scene of the crime is stupid. Akashi is no criminal. I suggest you let him go now before you embarrass yourself further."

"Cyndaquill Cynda!" Cyan chided.

She was trying to keep her tone respectful, but it was awfully harsh.

And then Elm told the officer what the perpetrator looked like.

"So . . . let me get this straight," Anya said through gritted teeth. "This officer didn't even bother to get a description of the criminal before trying to arrest random children?!"

She let the question hang in the air before folding her arms.

"Whatever. Yes, like Lucy said, we ran into that guy outside Cherrygrove."

(I had no idea our police force was so incompetent . . .)

After Elm's comment about how Pokemon raised by bad people were said to become bad themselves, all Anya could do was worry about the poor Totodile.

"Th-that can't be true, though, can it?" she asked.

(If that Pokemon was stolen in the first place, then maybe I could steal him back. . . . Surely that's not wrong, to steal from a thief, especially if it's to give Totodile a better home.)

She only half-listened to the rest of the conversation, and would not have responded to the professor at all if not for Cyan nudging her leg.

"Cynda," he said.

"Hm? Oh. I'm with Lucy as well. I also doubt it'll be easy, but I hear nothing worth doing is easy, anyway." She smiled. "I'll take the challenge!""

(I wonder if that kid is going to the League challenge as well. If he does, I'll be ready!)

Last edited by Lida_Rose on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elm smiled at the responses. "Excellent decision. The first gym is located in Violet City, north of Cherrygrove City. Just go the same way, but this time, go all the way to the left. Also, here." Elm handed everyone a scrap of paper with his number on it. "If you need to contact me for any reason, just use this number. When you get to Cherrygrove City, you should also stop by the Pokemon Center and register for the League."
"Thanks Professor Elm!" Akashi said.
"Chika!" Said Lily in appreciation.

In Justice We Trust

Lucy took out her Pokégear and registered Elm's number. (I'll have to remember to send my Pokégear's number to Mom, Dad, and Emily, too. Of all the things to forget to bring along, of course my phone had to be that one thing.) "Is there no Pokémon Center here in New Bark Town?" she asked.

"No. We're a very peaceful town and just about all the people here don't use pokemon for battling. But if healing is needed, I do have a machine that can do just that." Elm said while looking out the window. "Hmm... if you hurry, you might be able to make it to Cherrygrove City before the sun sets."
Akashi nodded and looked at everyone, "are all of you ready to go?"

In Justice We Trust

"Yes," Lucy replied. She glanced at Piplup and Rattata. Both of them nodded.

(I don't know why I expected anything less,) she thought. (It's not as if either of them battled since the last time they were at a Pokémon Center.

"Ah, yeah, thank you, Doctor Elm! Let's get out of here!" Anya said.

"Cynda!" Cyan added.

(Hmmm . . . Maybe I should try leveling up my other Pokemon for a while, so Cyan doesn't get too tired . . .)

Basir also said he was ready to go.
"Ok! Thank you Professor! Let's go everybody!" Akashi then led the group out of the lab. The group then began walking down Route 1 at a slightly faster than normal pace so as to get to Cherrygrove before nightfall. As they went through the first patch of grass, Lucy accidentally stepped on the tail of a wild Rattata! (Lv. 3)
It squeaked in anger and got in an offensive stance facing Lucy!

In Justice We Trust

"Oh, dear!" Lucy yelped. "S-Sorry!" Noticing that the Rattata didn't appear interested in accepting Lucy's apology, she stepped back. "Rattata, do you think you can handle this?"

"Rat!" Rattata replied, running over to get between Lucy and the wild Rattata. "Tata Rattata!" Rattata tried to explain to the wild Rattata.

"Rat, Rat!" the wild Rattata barked as it charged.

"Rattata, use Quick Attack!" Lucy ordered. Rattata took off, a veritable blur, getting out of the way of the wild Rattata's charge, only to slam into its side, knocking the wild Rattata aside.

The wild Rattata struggled to get up. Not backing down, it ran and used Tackle on Lucy's Rattata, sending it back a few feet.

In Justice We Trust

"Give it a Tackle of your own," Lucy said.

"Rat Rat Rat!" Rattata shouted at the wild Rattata as he leapt from where he stood and struck the wild Rattata. "Ratta Rattata! Rat Rat Ta-ratta!"

The wild Rattata was sent flying and then crashed into the ground, where it lay in defeat.
"Good job, guys! Man, Lucy, you should really be more careful..."

In Justice We Trust

"Thanks," Lucy said. "And thank you, Rattata."

"Rat-Rattata," Rattata replied.

"I'll try to keep a better eye on where I step from now on."

After making sure everyone was ok, Akashi led the group past the next few patches of grass safely. Again, not paying any attention to the entrance gate to Route 46, the group moved onward downhill. Halfway through the patch of grass that was there...
A wild Sentret (Lv. 3) appeared, looking at Akashi!
Akashi grabbed a poke ball and threw it, causing Storm to appear. Storm looked happy to be out and awaited Akashi's orders.
"Storm, use Tackle!" Akashi said. Storm flew towards Sentret and crashed into it, causing it to be sent back a few feet. The Sentret got up and tried to Tackle Storm, but the Pidgey anticipated it and dodged it. "Nice dodge! Use Tackle again!" Akashi called out. Storm flew and crashed into the Sentret hard, knocking it down. The Sentret didn't get up after that. Storm flew back to Akashi and landed on his head. "Nice job Storm!"
After that battle, Akashi and the others finally reached Cherrygrove City, right as the sun had set.
(it is now nighttime)

In Justice We Trust

"Is anyone ready to call it a day?" Lucy asked. (Please say "yes.") In truth, all the walking that had been done that day had left Lucy quite willing to turn in for the day, but she was confident she could press on to Violet City if the others wanted to. She didn't want to be a burden on anyone, but at the same time, she secretly hoped that everyone was willing to put off continuing to Violet City until tomorrow.

Back in it, hopefully for the better

As the sun set over Cherrygrove City, Basir took the opportunity to talk to Lucy about pressing on to Violet City.

"I would love to go on to Violet City to finally call it a day, rather than stay here. That way we can be right next to the gym when we finally stop for the night. Your thoughts, Lucy?"

"Hmm... well... if our pokemon were a bit stronger, I wouldn't mind pressing on, but at the state we're in... I vote on staying at the Pokemon Center. We need to register for the League anyway." Akashi said. Lily was asleep in Akashi's arms and Storm was still perched on Akashi's head, alert and occasionally looking around.
Page 5 of 9 [ 356 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay