Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 27 of 28[ 1083 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Re: Danganronpa School Mode: SHSL Class Trip!Topic%20Title

A new dawn.

"What to do...?" Felicity asked herself, watching the suit-wearing Ultimates go outside. She smiled at Sayako and Sakura and then turned to Jay.

Quote:
"Oh! Uh, I dunno, what kinds of things do you like to do? There's a lot of different rooms to explore," Jay commented, unsure exactly where to go.

"Uh, Jay, do you know whether there's a library here or not? I don't think I noticed one, but if there is, I'd love to check out some stuff there."

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Oh yeah! I think there's a library, but they call it the Archive. And where there's an Archive, there's all kinds of books. Shall we all go there together?" Jay suggested.

---

Jeremy was ecstatic despite himself. He was on the moon's surface! He knew the technology of the schoolm was the most advanced yet, but this was beyond his wildest imagination. He pondered all this as he bounded around the moon, half-exploring the surface himself and half-keeping an eye on the others.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

You’re so small in such a big world...

KamiPanda wrote:
Talking through intercom, Thomlyn addressed Anton. "Ready?" He asked. Then his vision was filled with neon green for a moment as Feena rushed past, leaping out and letting the low gravity take her forwards.
"Wooooohooooooooooooo!" She yelled, landing well and then using her momentum to run off, apparently intent on ascending a nearby hill.
"I suppose it's only fitting that she'd be the first of us to walk on the moon. Or run, as it were." Thomlyn commented drily. "I'm sure we can take things much slower. And you're welcome to join us, Cat." He added, turning to her despite the lack of real need to, everyone in spacesuits as they were. "You and... all of your cats?" He queried.

Feena's excitement was positively contagious, and Cat couldn't help the smile that spread across her face.

"Don't wander too far!" she called after her in a lighthearted tone through her intercom. Then Thomlyn asked his question and she giggled.

"No cats. At least, not right now. I want to make sure I can carry all of them across the surface of the moon without endangering them or myself first, you know? So I need to be absolutely certain I'm good at walking around out here without losing my balance! Austin's getting my cats ready for me while I'm out here, though," she explained. "Thank you for allowing me to join you. I'll take it at a leisurely pace for now."

And that is precisely what she did as she stepped out onto the moon's surface. She actually only took a few steps before pausing.

"Th-this is quite different from being in the space station . . . . It's almost like the gravity of where I am is actually hitting me now . . . ."

She stared at the surface before her with wide eyes, then teared up a little.

"It's so beautiful."

Slezak wrote:
"Oh! Uh, I dunno, what kinds of things do you like to do? There's a lot of different rooms to explore," Jay commented, unsure exactly where to go.

"A-ah, w-well, I like to use computers and play video games. U-um, but this is the moon. It feels like, I dunno, I should do something different," Austin said.

Then Felicity suggested going to the library, which, Jay explained, was called an Archive.

"The Archive? That's certainly different. What even are books?" Austin joked with a laugh. Then he nodded. "A-ah, I would like to go there with you guys if you'll have me."
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Even from out on the moon's surface, Jeremy was able to deliver announcements.

"Attention students! This is an urgent announcement, so listen up. There has been a schedule change! From now on, trips will be divided into two phases: Trip Time and Break Time. Trips will now last two weeks in total. Trip Time runs from Monday of the first week to Wednesday of the second week, and is the time we will be spending at the winning location. Thursday through Sunday of the second week is thus Break Time, giving us more time back at #11038. As a result, we will remain here on the moon for four extra days. This also means the time for new students to enter has changed as well: Any time during Break Time, new students may show up. Keep that in mind, and please enjoy yourselves!"

After delivering the announcement, Jeremy noticed Cat staring in awe at the environment around her. He bounded over to her, though he didn't need to in order to talk to her, and asked, "Ah, Mrs. Zimmern, would you care to walk with me?"

---

"Alright then, let's go check out the Archive!" Jay proclaimed, "I'm about to get behind you to push you Austin, alright?" Jay walked behind Austin's wheelchair and grabbed a hold of the handles. It took him a moment to figure out how much force he needed to push with, but eventually he got the chair moving. "C'mon, Felicity!" he called out behind him as he began to make his way out of the Ready Room.
100% pure Joy.

Happy Maria

"Whoa, the moon!" Eta shouted as she walked on its surface. "I can't believe this is actually happening!"

A new dawn.

Quote:
"Alright then, let's go check out the Archive!" Jay proclaimed, "I'm about to get behind you to push you Austin, alright?" Jay walked behind Austin's wheelchair and grabbed a hold of the handles. It took him a moment to figure out how much force he needed to push with, but eventually he got the chair moving. "C'mon, Felicity!" he called out behind him as he began to make his way out of the Ready Room.

Felicity followed, walking a bit faster to catch up with the two. "It would include stuff like novels and light reading, right? I mean, I've always heard 'archive' used more for records and data, so I'm pretty sure I'll be stuck if it's all that... though I guess the company's worth more than that." She gave the two a smile.

"It's used here that way apparently because it's meant as an archive of books from the human race, as this moonbase is meant to house colonists. I'm sure there will be plenty of novels," Jay explained as he continued to walk along, pushing Austin's wheelchair. Eventually, they made it to the desired room and entered. Bookshelves lined the walls from floor to ceiling, even above the exits to the room. There is a console in the center of the room which seems to act as the directory, but also appears to have controls for retrieving and replacing books from the upper shelves. "Wow, that's a lotta books!" Jay commented, "I wonder if there's anything that isn't in our library yet. Not like we can take it with us of course."
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
After delivering the announcement, Jeremy noticed Cat staring in awe at the environment around her. He bounded over to her, though he didn't need to in order to talk to her, and asked, "Ah, Mrs. Zimmern, would you care to walk with me?"

It wasn’t until Jeremy addressed her that Cat snapped out of her trance.

"Oh, yes, of course," she said. She began to walk with Jeremy. "Is something on your mind, or did you just want to freak out with me?" She giggled.

Slezak wrote:

"A-ah, thanks for the warning," Austin said. As Jay got behind him to push, Austin hung on to his chair. The wheelchair's wheels squeaked loudly, which Austin looked a tad embarrassed about. But he seemed to relax as they moved forward.

DarkAgea wrote:
Felicity followed, walking a bit faster to catch up with the two. "It would include stuff like novels and light reading, right? I mean, I've always heard 'archive' used more for records and data, so I'm pretty sure I'll be stuck if it's all that... though I guess the company's worth more than that." She gave the two a smile.

Austin blushed slightly.

"A-ah, w-well, I ce-certainly h-hope so. Th-that is, that I won't disappoint, u-uh . . . ." His blush deepened as he felt more embarrassed. He cleared his throat. "B-but I'm sure they'll have what you're looking for."

Jay confirmed that there were probably novels there. And then they made it to the library. Austin's eyes widened with awe.

"A-ah, there are definitely lots of books here," he said. "U-um, I guess we should start at the directory?"

A new dawn.

Quote:
"A-ah, w-well, I ce-certainly h-hope so. Th-that is, that I won't disappoint, u-uh . . . ." His blush deepened as he felt more embarrassed. He cleared his throat. "B-but I'm sure they'll have what you're looking for."

"'Disappoint'? There's no need to worry 'bout that, 'cause I know you won't," she said. "Well, even if it isn't there, I can still indulge in every other kind of book - that isn't all dry info - there is. What will you be looking at, Austin?"

Quote:
"It's used here that way apparently because it's meant as an archive of books from the human race, as this moonbase is meant to house colonists. I'm sure there will be plenty of novels," Jay explained as he continued to walk along, pushing Austin's wheelchair. Eventually, they made it to the desired room and entered. Bookshelves lined the walls from floor to ceiling, even above the exits to the room. There is a console in the center of the room which seems to act as the directory, but also appears to have controls for retrieving and replacing books from the upper shelves. "Wow, that's a lotta books!" Jay commented, "I wonder if there's anything that isn't in our library yet. Not like we can take it with us of course."

"Ah, I see... that's quite a lot of future planning, then," she said in awe, which only went straight through the roof when she actually entered the room. She put a hand to her mouth to stifle the instinctual gasp and slowly spun around, looking at everything with bright eyes. "I've never seen so many books in one place. Perhaps the Academy's library, but this is just..." She trailed off, taking some time to regain her self-control, though she was still slightly fidgeting from her excitement. "This room really seems like something straight out of a book..."

Lida_Rose wrote:
Slezak wrote:

It wasn’t until Jeremy addressed her that Cat snapped out of her trance.

"Oh, yes, of course," she said. She began to walk with Jeremy. "Is something on your mind, or did you just want to freak out with me?" She giggled.

"Ahahaha, yes, let us go freak out together, hahaha..." Jeremy responded. He noticed he felt different around her from the way he felt around most people. He wasn't sure why. Maybe because she could be a mother figure for him, which made him feel a bit like a child once more rather than always being the oldest one there and thus the authority figure. Or, perhaps he found it nice having someone closer to his mindset that he could talk with. In any case, he realized his prolonged silence probably seemed weird, and thus tried to break the silence, "What do you think of this, Ms. Zimmern? It is awe-inspiring, is it not? Walking on the surface of someplace other than earth."

DarkAgea wrote:
"Ah, I see... that's quite a lot of future planning, then," she said in awe, which only went straight through the roof when she actually entered the room. She put a hand to her mouth to stifle the instinctual gasp and slowly spun around, looking at everything with bright eyes. "I've never seen so many books in one place. Perhaps the Academy's library, but this is just..." She trailed off, taking some time to regain her self-control, though she was still slightly fidgeting from her excitement. "This room really seems like something straight out of a book..."

Jay couldn't help but laugh rather loud at Felicity's comment. "You're right, it's like the libraries you see in those old cartoons. It's crazy that almost every surface of this place is covered in bookshelves. But it makes sense for something which touts to archive written media from every aspect of mankind." Walking to the center of the room, Jay noticed the console was pretty much a giant touch screen. Tapping the search field brought up an on-screen keyboard for typing in your query. "Where do I even start...?" Jay wondered aloud.
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

As Thomlyn followed after the others and stepped out, he found himself caught up in his own world for a short while, struck by the magnificence of the situation. The sensation of stepping out onto the moon - the actual moon! - was not one easily described, so unlike anything else he'd done until now as it was. For a few moments this wholly occupied his attention, but when he looked up the sensation was immediately forgotten. Spread out before him in perfect detail was a sea of stars, and amongst them his home, Earth. The pictures didn't do it justice. He just stood there, neck craned as he stared, mind overwhelmed by the sight.

Somewhere nearby Feena had succeeded in climbing up onto a large rock at the crest of a very small hill, which she was now sitting on. She, too, was utterly enthralled by what she could see above her; her legs slowly kicking back and forth was the only movement she displayed as she sat and stared.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"I think I'd like that very, very much," Sayako smiled as she shyly took the other girl's hand.

Sakura smiled back, and the two left to find their way to the observatory. Ascending a flight of stairs took them to an isolated, white-walled, dome-shaped room at the top of the moonbase. It was apparently set up for doing exactly what it was they had planned, as there were chairs and beanbags scattered about for sitting on. Snuggling down together in one of the beanbags, they found a nearby button and pressed it, causing the walls to slide away and reveal a 360° glass dome that offered a completely unobscured view of the starscape around them. Sakura gasped at the sight, squeezing Sayako's hand but otherwise staying entirely focused on what she was seeing. "How beautiful..." She murmured. "I hadn't even considered that we could see the Earth from here."

"Wow..." Sayako breathed, returning the squeeze as well as the other girl's sentiment. What else could be said about a scene like this? Even the clearest night on Earth couldn't compare to the sight of breathtaking infinity that now surrounded them. Her previous tension evaporated as the two remained there, simply gazing in awe at the unreachable stars of the universe and the tiny, insignificant planet they called home.

After some time, Sayako leaned in close to Sakura's ear. "I think I see my house," she whispered with a playful smile.

DarkAgea wrote:
"'Disappoint'? There's no need to worry 'bout that, 'cause I know you won't," she said. "Well, even if it isn't there, I can still indulge in every other kind of book - that isn't all dry info - there is. What will you be looking at, Austin?"

"A-ah, th-thank you. U-um, I was just going to look at . . . v-vampire books. F-for research." Austin blushed deeply. "B-because I'm trying to . . . m-make a game that includes them, and I kinda . . . want to, ah, er, r-rather need to make them perfect. But I need to research . . . t-to make them just right."

For her. His expression softened at this thought.

At Jay's question of where to start, Austin tilted his head.

"W-well, since we're on the moon, science fiction seems appropriate," he said with a chuckle.

Slezak wrote:
"Ahahaha, yes, let us go freak out together, hahaha..." Jeremy responded. He noticed he felt different around her from the way he felt around most people. He wasn't sure why. Maybe because she could be a mother figure for him, which made him feel a bit like a child once more rather than always being the oldest one there and thus the authority figure. Or, perhaps he found it nice having someone closer to his mindset that he could talk with. In any case, he realized his prolonged silence probably seemed weird, and thus tried to break the silence, "What do you think of this, Ms. Zimmern? It is awe-inspiring, is it not? Walking on the surface of someplace other than earth."

Cat smiled.

"Yes. Awe-insiring. It really puts things in perspective, you know? Our home looks so small from here, and . . . I used to be scared half to death if Austin left the house for any reason. And now, here we are, farther from home than we ever have been. I still can't believe it. I keep thinking this must be some sort of dream."

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

"How amazing..." Remeku sighed and smiled.
*coughs awkwardly*

A new dawn.

Quote:
"A-ah, th-thank you. U-um, I was just going to look at . . . v-vampire books. F-for research." Austin blushed deeply. "B-because I'm trying to . . . m-make a game that includes them, and I kinda . . . want to, ah, er, r-rather need to make them perfect. But I need to research . . . t-to make them just right."

"Oh, vampires? Hmm, do you mean the modern kind or the folktale one? 'Cause the latter has a ton of different vampires - succubus, yaksha, strigoi, lamia - all with their own looks and powers and stuff. Though I guess modern also really depends on what idea the author of the book had when they were writing it... the interpretations share a few things, sure, but there's also some changes here and there. Like-" Felicity paused and sighed. "Ah, sorry for that. I was almost 'bout to ramble again. It's just... I read a lot of supernatural stories. Anyway, I've no doubt you'll be able to get your research done here!"

Quote:
Jay couldn't help but laugh rather loud at Felicity's comment. "You're right, it's like the libraries you see in those old cartoons. It's crazy that almost every surface of this place is covered in bookshelves. But it makes sense for something which touts to archive written media from every aspect of mankind." Walking to the center of the room, Jay noticed the console was pretty much a giant touch screen. Tapping the search field brought up an on-screen keyboard for typing in your query. "Where do I even start...?" Jay wondered aloud.

"It's good we have that directory, otherwise we'd be going 'how in the world am I going to find the book I need in here?' like all those main characters who get into these situations..." She moved next to Jay and looked at the screen. "I guess you don't have any preferences then?"

Quote:
"W-well, since we're on the moon, science fiction seems appropriate," he said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, I guess sci-fi's a nice place to start."

Anton found himself fascinated not with what was above, but with what was below. As he took his first few steps, he looked at the lunar soil.

"I had thought... this would be a very rocky place. But it almost has the quality of a fine sand... fascinating." mused Anton. He bent down to try to pick some of the soil up and sift through it. However, with the suit, his center of balance had shifted upwards, causing Anton to lose his balance and fall over onto the moon.

"... one small step for man..." he muttered, trying to pick himself up. "One giant flop for mankind..."

DarkAgea wrote:
"Oh, vampires? Hmm, do you mean the modern kind or the folktale one? 'Cause the latter has a ton of different vampires - succubus, yaksha, strigoi, lamia - all with their own looks and powers and stuff. Though I guess modern also really depends on what idea the author of the book had when they were writing it... the interpretations share a few things, sure, but there's also some changes here and there. Like-" Felicity paused and sighed. "Ah, sorry for that. I was almost 'bout to ramble again. It's just... I read a lot of supernatural stories. Anyway, I've no doubt you'll be able to get your research done here!"

Austin blinked slowly at Felicity's words and looked embarrassed.

"O-oh. I had . . . n-no idea there so many types . . . ," he said. "A-ah, m-maybe I should add subspecies to the game, i-in that case. But then if I do that for vampires, then I have to do it for all other species, too, um, oh d-dear . . . ."

He gulped.

"I th-think I gave myself too much work . . . b-but, a-ah, I should . . . r-research. U-um, you seem p-pretty knowledgeable on this . . . C-could you make me a list of vampire . . . t-types, please? I-I think I can research on my own from there . . . ."

The amount of customization may make people, especially her more happy, but can I even do it . . . ? I-it's . . . so much . . . but I have to try, don't I . . . ?

A new dawn.

Quote:
Austin blinked slowly at Felicity's words and looked embarrassed.

"O-oh. I had . . . n-no idea there so many types . . . ," he said. "A-ah, m-maybe I should add subspecies to the game, i-in that case. But then if I do that for vampires, then I have to do it for all other species, too, um, oh d-dear . . . ."

He gulped.

"I th-think I gave myself too much work . . . b-but, a-ah, I should . . . r-research. U-um, you seem p-pretty knowledgeable on this . . . C-could you make me a list of vampire . . . t-types, please? I-I think I can research on my own from there . . . ."

The amount of customization may make people, especially her more happy, but can I even do it . . . ? I-it's . . . so much . . . but I have to try, don't I . . . ?

"I didn't know that either really, until I checked an index of vampires. I really got a surprise then, especially since even though I've read 'bout some of the species in that list, I never knew they were vampires. The knowledge I have is limited to the more common ones but I'll do my best to help! Oh, and I should mention - the ones I list are folktale and not the modern ones." Felicity went through everything she remembered, and realised it would be far easier if she just wrote them down. "I'll go to my room and get a piece of paper!" She called, turning to nearly run out of the library.

"W-Wait, Felicity, I have a pocketbook you can borrow instead," Jay called out to her, "Though I gotta say, even being able to list off facts like that about folktales is impressive. It really shows how much you've studied them."

---

"And alas, it is not a dream, Ms. Zimmern," Jeremy replied, "Though I must say even I never imagined I would be standing here on the moon, and that we would be able to travel here so easily. I also must admit that mine being the first ever Hope's Peak class to visit the moon also brings me great pride."
100% pure Joy.

Last edited by Slezak on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

A new dawn.

Quote:
"W-Wait, Felicity, I have a pocketbook you can borrow instead," Jay called out to her, "Though I gotta say, even being able to list off facts like that about folktales is impressive. It really shows how much you've studied them."

Felicity paused a few steps outside the library, and then turned. "O-Oh, you do? I guess I shouldn't have been in such a hurry then." She gave an embarrassed giggle and walked back in. "Thanks, but it's not studying, really... just me being able to remember info in story format better than I do when it's just handed to me."

"Ah, I see. Yeah, that makes sense about you," Jay commented with a chuckle, "Here you go." Jay pulled out a miniature spiral-bound notebook and began to flip through it. He stopped and tensed up when he got to a certain page, but quickly flipped past it. Coming to the first blank page, he tore it out as neatly as possible and handed it to Felicity. Next, he fished a pencil out of his belt pack and gave that to her as well.
100% pure Joy.

DarkAgea wrote:
"I didn't know that either really, until I checked an index of vampires. I really got a surprise then, especially since even though I've read 'bout some of the species in that list, I never knew they were vampires. The knowledge I have is limited to the more common ones but I'll do my best to help! Oh, and I should mention - the ones I list are folktale and not the modern ones." Felicity went through everything she remembered, and realised it would be far easier if she just wrote them down. "I'll go to my room and get a piece of paper!" She called, turning to nearly run out of the library.

"I-index of . . . vampires? A-ah, a-any insight you have would be helpful! I-it is more than I know, t-trust me!" Austin blurted. "A-and, th-that's great because . . . the game would be set in a n-not modern time. I-it would be old-timey, f-for sure, th-that is. Th-thank you, Felicity."

She ran off, but then Jay mentioned he had a pocketbook and she came back into the archives.

"A-ah, th-thanks, Jay," Austin said.

But then Jay tensed as he flipped through his pocketbook. Austin looked at him with very obvious concern, but he wasn't sure what to do. Ask about it here and now? Wait until they were someplace private? Don't ask at all and see if he talks about it of his own accord? He wasn't sure exactly what to do. But then Jay ripped out a page for Felicity and handed her a pencil.

"Th-thank you both again for this," Austin muttered.

Slezak wrote:
"And alas, it is not a dream, Ms. Zimmern," Jeremy replied, "Though I must say even I never imagined I would be standing here on the moon, and that we would be able to travel here so easily. I also must admit that mine being the first ever Hope's Peak class to visit the moon also brings me great pride."

Cat giggled.

"No, I suppose it's not a dream. This is . . . such a huge milestone, though. For you as well, huh? Getting here so quickly . . . How was that even possible?" She shook her head inside her helmet. "Actually, I doubt I'd understand even if you told me."

She began turning around in a slow circle, trying to see all there was to see. And that's when she saw Anton had fallen.

"Could you please excuse me for a moment?" she asked suddenly. She stepped away from Jeremy, moving toward Anton and extending an arm down to help him up. She had moved her legs pretty far apart to squat down.

"There, there, sweetie. You just gotta engage your core! Like, a lot. And squat for balance," she said, taking in a breath afterward. If he did take her hand, she really really hoped she wouldn't fall after saying that. How embarrassing would that be?

Lida_Rose wrote:
"A-ah, th-thanks, Jay," Austin said.

But then Jay tensed as he flipped through his pocketbook. Austin looked at him with very obvious concern, but he wasn't sure what to do. Ask about it here and now? Wait until they were someplace private? Don't ask at all and see if he talks about it of his own accord? He wasn't sure exactly what to do. But then Jay ripped out a page for Felicity and handed her a pencil.

"Th-thank you both again for this," Austin muttered.

"Don't worry Austin, I just noticed a page which isn't relevant, but brought back a memory. It's nothing; everything's fine," Jay told him in a gentle, comforting voice, "And you're welcome."

Lida_Rose wrote:
Cat giggled.

"No, I suppose it's not a dream. This is . . . such a huge milestone, though. For you as well, huh? Getting here so quickly . . . How was that even possible?" She shook her head inside her helmet. "Actually, I doubt I'd understand even if you told me."

She began turning around in a slow circle, trying to see all there was to see. And that's when she saw Anton had fallen.

"Could you please excuse me for a moment?" she asked suddenly. She stepped away from Jeremy, moving toward Anton and extending an arm down to help him up. She had moved her legs pretty far apart to squat down.

"There, there, sweetie. You just gotta engage your core! Like, a lot. And squat for balance," she said, taking in a breath afterward. If he did take her hand, she really really hoped she wouldn't fall after saying that. How embarrassing would that be?

"No problem, Ms. Zimmern," Jeremy replied. He began to just stare up at the Earth in awe. His home planet, now no more than a blue-and-green circle in the clearest starry sky he'd ever seen.
100% pure Joy.

Last edited by Slezak on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alfons had left the group exploring the moon surface, yet he felt like he would not be welcome in the group searching the moon base either. With Kaibo missing from the trip, Alfons had nothing to do. He sat in his dorm room, polishing his bow, before taking a look at the photograph situated on his desk.

"...Hmph, with the great Alfons Einarrson is simply sitting down like this, nothing will be accomplished..."

Getting up from his bed, he took the space suit on again, and began to trek out towards the air-lock once more. He looked out to make sure that he would be able to peacefully mine for space rocks, without attracting the attention of the others. Stealthily, after making his way out to the moon's surface, he found a space isolated from the others and took out a pocket-sized pickaxe from his pocket, quietly mining away for rocks.

Frustrated at the slow process, he took out his bow and arrow, and wondered how he could shoot it in a way that would break the rocks.

"Ooh..!"

He took out an arrow from his sheath, and took out a match...slowly, carefully, he lit the arrow tip on fire. Except it's space, and surprisingly to Alfons, the entire arrow was set on fire.

"H-HUUUH?"

In a panic, Alfons shot the arrow onto the moon surface, causing a loud crash noise that would probably be heard from all across the moon base.

*CRASH!!!*

The recoil sent Alfons flying backwards, and while he luckily did not float off away into space, he was a bit concerned about what the repercussions would be for causing an explosion on the moon. Not that it was a crime. No one really owns the moon anyways, Alfons thought.

A new dawn.

Quote:
"Ah, I see. Yeah, that makes sense about you," Jay commented with a chuckle, "Here you go." Jay pulled out a miniature spiral-bound notebook and began to flip through it. He stopped and tensed up when he got to a certain page, but quickly flipped past it. Coming to the first blank page, he tore it out as neatly as possible and handed it to Felicity. Next, he fished a pencil out of his belt pack and gave that to her as well.

Felicity watched him with concern but kept silent, having an idea of what possibly could have elicited that reaction from him. "Thanks, Jay," she said, taking the paper and pencil and moving to one of the shelves to take a book to keep the paper over it.

Quote:
"I-index of . . . vampires? A-ah, a-any insight you have would be helpful! I-it is more than I know, t-trust me!" Austin blurted. "A-and, th-that's great because . . . the game would be set in a n-not modern time. I-it would be old-timey, f-for sure, th-that is. Th-thank you, Felicity."

"There was this book in my school library which had an index of supernatural creatures at the end. That's when I found out stuff like vetala are considered vampires," she said. "You're welcome, Austin! Could I ask what this game is 'bout? It sounds interesting, that's for sure!"

Felicity wrote the list quickly but as neatly as she could, stopping at some points to recall more. By the time she had finished, she had around fifteen different types. She gave the pencil back to Jay, then went to Austin and handed the paper over to him. "I hope this is enough. I didn't write down the dhampir here, but it's basically a creature that's born from a vampire and a human."

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Wow..." Sayako breathed, returning the squeeze as well as the other girl's sentiment. What else could be said about a scene like this? Even the clearest night on Earth couldn't compare to the sight of breathtaking infinity that now surrounded them. Her previous tension evaporated as the two remained there, simply gazing in awe at the unreachable stars of the universe and the tiny, insignificant planet they called home.

After some time, Sayako leaned in close to Sakura's ear. "I think I see my house," she whispered with a playful smile.

Sakura giggled, quite amused. "Maybe if we wave they'll see us down there. They'd be in for quite a shock!"

MechaQdogg wrote:
Anton found himself fascinated not with what was above, but with what was below. As he took his first few steps, he looked at the lunar soil.

"I had thought... this would be a very rocky place. But it almost has the quality of a fine sand... fascinating." mused Anton. He bent down to try to pick some of the soil up and sift through it. However, with the suit, his center of balance had shifted upwards, causing Anton to lose his balance and fall over onto the moon.

"... one small step for man..." he muttered, trying to pick himself up. "One giant flop for mankind..."

Thomlyn was too busy looking up to have seen this happen. By the time he finally looked around and noticed...

Lida_Rose wrote:

He saw that someone had gotten there first. Even still, he jogged over to see how Anton was doing, still a little weirded out by what the gravity did to him as he did so.

Lida_Rose wrote:

Anton quickly checked his suit to make sure there were no tears or punctures, and, finding himself to be perfectly safe, he nodded at Cat through his helmet. Anton grabbed onto Cat's arm and pulled himself up to his feet. "Thank you, Miss Cat. I assure you... I am more coordinated when under normal gravity."

Quote:
He saw that someone had gotten there first. Even still, he jogged over to see how Anton was doing, still a little weirded out by what the gravity did to him as he did so.

He turned to Thomlyn, who was spacewalking towards him, waving as both a renewed greeting and to assuage Thomlyn's worry. "I am fine-- please do not fret over my clumsiness." he said, smiling sheepishly. "Besides, we have a whole moon's worth of surface to explore! Let us take it in. One step at a time, yes?"

KamiPanda wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Sakura giggled, quite amused. "Maybe if we wave they'll see us down there. They'd be in for quite a shock!"

"I imagine so," she laughed. "Come to think of it, I don't believe I recall ever seeing a moon base from-"

She blinked suddenly. "D-did you hear an explosion?"

The explosion was rather small, so it didn't jostle the moonbase or anything like that, but because it was against the moon's surface, Jay was able to hear it. "Um, did you guys hear an explosion just now?" Jay asked to Felicity and Austin. He was immediately reminded of an incident he'd been a part of before and jumped to action.

He pulled out his handbook and began typing, "What the heck was that?" Jay asked.

"How do you mean? Did something happen?" Jeremy replied. As he was out on the moon's surface himself, he couldn't hear or see the explosion.

"I just heard an explosion. It sounded distant, but it's still concerning."

"An explosion!? This could be bad. Shall I abort the lunar exploration?"

"I, um, don't know. I'm gonna go check the rest of the base and make sure everything's alright."

"Affirmative. I await your report. In the meantime, I will begin to rally the explorers together to prepare to head back inside for now."

Jeremy radioed to everyone on the surface, "Attention, please meet me by the airlock entrance. There has been a disturbance of minor concern. If nothing further turns out to be amiss, you may all return to exploring. Thank you." Jeremy began making his way back to the airlock as he said he would.

In the meantime, Jay walked over to Felicity and whispered, "I'm going to go make sure everything's alright. If Austin begins to lock up and look scared or frightened, speak to him in a comforting, gentle voice, tell him it's going to be alright and that you're going to get behind him, and then take him somewhere safe." With that, Jay exited the room. His first stop was the observatory. He took the lift up to the observation level and, as he stepped out, he asked, "Hello? Is anyone up here? Is everything alright?"
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

MechaQdogg wrote:
He turned to Thomlyn, who was spacewalking towards him, waving as both a renewed greeting and to assuage Thomlyn's worry. "I am fine-- please do not fret over my clumsiness." he said, smiling sheepishly. "Besides, we have a whole moon's worth of surface to explore! Let us take it in. One step at a time, yes?"

"Yes, I suppose. Are you certain you won't fall again, though?" Thomlyn asked, a hint of humour in his voice.

Slezak wrote:
Jeremy radioed to everyone on the surface, "Attention, please meet me by the airlock entrance. There has been a disturbance of minor concern. If nothing further turns out to be amiss, you may all return to exploring. Thank you." Jeremy began making his way back to the airlock as he said he would.

"Oh, perhaps this will have to wait after all..."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"I imagine so," she laughed. "Come to think of it, I don't believe I recall ever seeing a moon base from-"

She blinked suddenly. "D-did you hear an explosion?"

Sakura was surprised too, but she wasn't as concerned. "Remeku again, perhaps?" She suggested.

"I-I certainly hope whatever it was wasn't important... o-or expensive..." Sayako mumbled, drawing a bit closer to Sakura.

Then she heard Jay enter, and called out from their beanbag. "Uhh, everything's perfectly alright. We're fine. We're all fine here, thank you. ...H-how are you?"

"I'm fine! Just makin' the rounds to make sure everything's OK. I... d-don't like explosions, if that wasn't obvious, so I've been running around to make sure nothing's caught on fire or falling or anything. I-I'm really glad you two are okay," Jay explained, wiping the sweat from his brow. His concern might seem a little overbearing to them, but that wasn't Jay's worry at that time. "Well, there's still more places to check. If anything is wrong, you'll see something on your handbooks. Enjoy the view--it really is lovely... Agh, no time, gotta run!" Jay bolted out of the room as fast as he had entered. Dashing around to several other rooms, the Control Room especially, Jay didn't find anything out of the ordinary. "What the hell coulda caused that explosion...?" Jay wondered aloud.

"I've been everywhere inside the base and there's nothing out of the ordinary!" Jay typed into his handbook, "I guess it must've been a meteorite impact close to the base."

"Very good. I shall let everyone know," Jeremy replied.

"Attention students: There seems to be no trouble after all. Thank you for your patience, and carry on," Jeremy announced through the handbooks, the situation appearing to have been defused.
100% pure Joy.

Jeremy resigned to his fate of making yet another double post as the end of the trip came rather anti-climactically. All the explorers made it back inside, removed their suits, and began making their way back to the dorm rooms once the one-hour warning hit. Jay went down to the Archive and gathered up Felicity and Austin, then the three of them began heading back. Eventually, everyone was back in their rooms.

Jeremy sighed as he flipped the switch to start broadcasting the departure announcement, "Well, I do hope everyone made the most of their time here on the moon. It has been an honor being able to direct the first ever Hope's Peak trip to this place. Alas, we must now head back. Hold tight; we are about to take off!" Locks clicked, shutters closed, and the lengthy return process began.

End of Chapter 3: Hope's Far-From-Last Reward

The return of Earth's gravity still hit the brothers a bit hard. Artificial Earth-like gravity was still not quite Earth's gravity, so it took them a few minutes to get used to it again. In any case, the doors unlocked and the shutters opened, revealing a bright blue sky. They had made the return trip safely.
100% pure Joy.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Remeku and Lumica both sighed as they got out of 0 gravity and back into the force of gravity. Remeku tried to keep her balance and failed multiple times but she finnaly made a way to stay on her feet. So did Lumica but she got her balance back quickly. "That trip gave me an idea for another potion I could create!" Remeku said putting her hand up in the air with a evil gesture.
*coughs awkwardly*

Jay had done a few jumping jacks to get used to the gravity of the situation once again and opened his door with ease, sighing in relief. Stepping out and letting the door close, he heard Remeku shout that she had thought of a new potion to make. "A new potion, huh? Pray tell, what kinda potion?"

"Attention students: Miss Trofí, Miss Cox, and Mr. Rikoda have all requested to transfer away for the time being. They will all be missed, but I have been told that they will return someday," Jeremy's voice announced through the e-Handbooks shortly thereafter. A moment later, Jeremy also stepped out of his room.
100% pure Joy.

DarkAgea wrote:
"There was this book in my school library which had an index of supernatural creatures at the end. That's when I found out stuff like vetala are considered vampires," she said. "You're welcome, Austin! Could I ask what this game is 'bout? It sounds interesting, that's for sure!"

Felicity wrote the list quickly but as neatly as she could, stopping at some points to recall more. By the time she had finished, she had around fifteen different types. She gave the pencil back to Jay, then went to Austin and handed the paper over to him. "I hope this is enough. I didn't write down the dhampir here, but it's basically a creature that's born from a vampire and a human."

"A-ah, the game isn't n-necessarily about a-anything. Th-the idea is that it's a huge, immersive virtual world where everyone can interact a-and form guilds and go on any a-adventure they want. Wanna hunt monsters? Y-you can do that. U-um, wanna test your strength against other players? Th-there's a special arena where if you run out of hit points, you're just knocked out and don't lose any levels, s-so challenge other players to your heart's content. You want to just set up a shop in a quiet town and settle down? Y-you can do that, too. S-so there isn't an overarching plot as such, th-though I do have something in my pocket i-in case people get bored with the current set-up."

He had smiled when she handed him the list.

"A-ah, th-thank you very much. I think it would be good for me to include dhampirs and other h-half-human types. I th-think this list is enough. I'll research thoroughly."

And then the sound of the explosion, soft though it was, hit his ears. He suddenly stiffened and looked highly tense, his muscles clenching and locking down. His eyes were wide as they darted to and fro, as if searching for someone or something. But he couldn't speak. He couldn’t even move otherwise.

And Jay left. Austin let out a sound almost like a whimper as he did.

MechaQdogg wrote:
Anton quickly checked his suit to make sure there were no tears or punctures, and, finding himself to be perfectly safe, he nodded at Cat through his helmet. Anton grabbed onto Cat's arm and pulled himself up to his feet. "Thank you, Miss Cat. I assure you... I am more coordinated when under normal gravity."

Cat smiled.

"I'm sure you are, sweetie. This gravity is a bit awkward to negotiate," she said. And then Jeremy radioed about a minor disturbance. Cat's first thought was Austin when she heard that. Any stress might trigger a seizure for him, or he might lock down. Maybe he was completely fine and Cat's worrying was for nothing. No matter what, she had to get to him right away.

"I'm sorry. You’ll have to continue on without me even if it turns out to be nothing," she said hurriedly to Anton and Thomlyn, and then she bounded straight back to the airlock with speed and grace she hadn't thought possible previously. She didn't even pause at the entrance to speak to Jeremy first. She needed to get in there. Right away.

By the time she was back inside the base, Jeremy announced there had been no trouble after all, and while Cat was relieved, it didn't mean she didn't have to find Austin. And so she searched high and low until she found Austin, Felicity, and Jay ((she had caught them heading back from the Archive)) at which point, she cried and bent over, giving Austin a huge hug. She knew the boy was in his muscle locked state when he didn’t hug back. She whispered comforting phrases in his ear. Then her gaze flicked to Jay and Felicity. She smiled at them both and stood upright again, trying to hug and plant kisses on the cheeks of the two kids.

"Thank you so much for looking after my son," Cat said to both of them. "I can take it from here." She took over wheeling Austin to his room and stayed with him until he finally relaxed. She wouldn't leave his side the rest of the trip, though she did eventually get her cats in those adorable spacesuits.

And then they were back on Earth. The shift in gravity had affected Cat as she stumbled around, though at least she had things to lean on to stop her from falling. Her cats, meanwhile, decided to lie down and sleep until Earth gravity felt normal again. Once Cat felt secure in Earth gravity again, she wheeled the now relaxed Austin out of their room. Austin hadn't really been affected by the change in gravity, himself, though it did churn his stomach a little. In any case, they noticed Remeku and Jay.

"Potion?" Cat wondered. Austin smiled.

"A-ah, she's the Ultimate Alchemist," he explained. "Remeku, right? I-I'm also curious what you have in mind."

Last edited by Lida_Rose on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

((Herp-derp. Double post. Ignore me.))

A new dawn.

Felicity listened carefully to Austin's explanation of his game and gave him a smile when he was done. "Any adventure you want? That's pretty epic! I guess you must have been working on it for quite some time, then?"

Quote:
And then the sound of the explosion, soft though it was, hit his ears. He suddenly stiffened and looked highly tense, his muscles clenching and locking down. His eyes were wide as they darted to and fro, as if searching for someone or something. But he couldn't speak. He couldn’t even move otherwise.

And Jay left. Austin let out a sound almost like a whimper as he did.

Though Felicity hadn't heard the explosion the other two apparently had, she trusted Jay's word that something had happened, and on seeing Austin tense up, she tried her best to stay calm and help him.

Once they reached back to Earth, Felicity repeated the same exercises she had when they first went to the moon, waiting until she had gained enough balance before walking out of her room. She waved to the people she saw and giggled at Remeku's excitement, though she desperately hoped the potion wouldn't cause another explosion.

Quote:
"Attention students: Miss Trofí, Miss Cox, and Mr. Rikoda have all requested to transfer away for the time being. They will all be missed, but I have been told that they will return someday," Jeremy's voice announced through the e-Handbooks shortly thereafter. A moment later, Jeremy also stepped out of his room.

"Oh, that's four now, huh?" She asked aloud to no one. "I guess homesickness can hit pretty hard sometimes, if that's why they left..."

Last edited by DarkAgea on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Ah, Austin! Glad to see you're okay. I wanted to make sure everything was alright. That's why I entrusted Felicity with your care. Thanks again, Felicity!" Jay explained once Felicity and Austin had stepped out of their rooms. "Cat, thank you so much for telling us all we needed to do. Because of that, I was able to tell Felicity what she needed to do."

Jeremy added, "I thought Jay handled his part of the reconaissance mission very well. Catherine, do you think we handled the situation well enough? If there is anything we can improve, please do not hesitate, and do not hold back."

Meanwhile, Jay had walked over to the Lucky Student. "Felicity, I know I wasn't there to see it from the beginning, but thank you for helping Austin, both with his research and with his fright," Jay stated as he wrapped his arms around her in a light hug.
100% pure Joy.

A wild Location Poll appears!
100% pure Joy.
Page 27 of 28 [ 1083 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay