Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 637 of 637[ 25469 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 633, 634, 635, 636, 637
 


Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zhang Juanli (Rabbit)

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14352

Eh I got the vaccine so I don't think I'm feeling any symptoms? Just more concerned for my family who've had to shut down alongside me. Is interesting so see more of the support systems in place I wouldn't otherwise. Deliveries and bursaries offered to keep us going and all.

There's still a few of us here. Think forums are generally losing out but eh it's ok :kristoph: Nice to see ol' folks again from time to time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Stilted Beauty

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4726

Quote:
Also congrats Corn! It legit warms my heart every time I hear about someone coming out as themselves!


Thank you! Much appreciated :)
Image
Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

An Enigma Among Humans

Gender: Male

Location: I'm at soup!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Posts: 1070

I've been accepted for a job as an office assistant. Goodbye gas station clerking! To be honest, this is all I've wanted to do. Just being an office lacky, working at a computer, organizing things for other people. I won't pretend it'll always be perfect, but I definitely be more something I want to do.

Just gotta wait for all the paperwork to go through.
Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zhang Juanli (Rabbit)

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14352

Congrats Doitsu! That's great news!
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

An Enigma Among Humans

Gender: Male

Location: I'm at soup!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Posts: 1070

Pierre wrote:
Congrats Doitsu! That's great news!

Thanks :hotti: I hope that I'm just able to do everything I need to do right.
Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4201

Office jobs are definitely among the more comfortable jobs out there, in my opinion.
Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zhang Juanli (Rabbit)

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14352

Mum tested positive last night, so my brother has now moved down into my room to isolate us from mum and dad.

:sadshoe:
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4201

Oh, dear. Here's hoping she recovers quickly and no one else catches it.
Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1546

^ Same. Good luck Pierre.
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Stilted Beauty

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4726

Yeah take care Pierre, hope everyone else stays safe.
Image
Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

An Enigma Among Humans

Gender: Male

Location: I'm at soup!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Posts: 1070

Hope that everyone recovers in good health
Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Gender: Female

Location: Canaderp

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am

Posts: 1728

I hope everyone is okay, especially with all that’s happening in the US lately with Covid and the horrible hate crimes...

I lost a family member to Covid recently. I’ve been very careful when I go out, but because it hit so close to home I’m gonna be even more careful from now on.
Please stay safe, everyone.
FacebookArt InstagramPersonal InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently Watching / Playing: Digimon Adventure / Animal Crossing New Horizons
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zhang Juanli (Rabbit)

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14352

bratty waifu wrote:
I hope everyone is okay, especially with all that’s happening in the US lately with Covid and the horrible hate crimes...

I lost a family member to Covid recently. I’ve been very careful when I go out, but because it hit so close to home I’m gonna be even more careful from now on.
Please stay safe, everyone.


Aw Dawn :( I'm so sorry to hear that. :sadshoe:

I'll stay as safe as I can. I got my second vaccine recently so I'm hoping that's me good.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Moon

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3470

Spoiler:
Feeling old, and feeling tired.
10 years ago I never would have thought I'd still be alive, strange to consider how often I have the thought "If I had died, I would have missed this"
Hard to feel sincere in my gratitude for good times when I'd still rather have missed them entirely.
Have this song on loop, 4 am and I've wasted another day.

Stepfather had brain surgery, removed a tumor from a gland prone to getting them that for the life of me I cannot remember the name of now.
He's fine, still can't taste anything after a week but they say that will go away.
Hard to think about how old everyone is getting, and I feel worse that the only one I've cried about the thought of losing late at night was my dog.
Could just be my personal opinions on mortality, I see someone passing on as sad only for those left behind. For the ones gone, my faith tells me they've gone somewhere they can eternally be happy.
Maybe I don't believe that about my dog, maybe she'll really be gone forever, and I just couldn't have taken her for one last walk, or bought her that nice bed.
I'm sitting here typing about the thought of losing a dog I still have.

Working on something serious, an actual novel. I want it to be successful so maybe I could help my parents finally retire.

Not many hours at work, been holding onto my stimulus with both hands. Paid up in rent until july so no stress on that.

Sorry to heat about the people with Covid, even though I personally don't think it's as bad as people claim, I still got the 1st shot just to try and help stop the spread.

Older brother has a kid, I don't think I ever posted about that, she's about 2 years old now.
Weird knowing I have a niece by blood, she's growing up fast.

Been writing for over 20 minutes now, getting ready to fall asleep. I hope I dream of something pleasant.

I don't like that this website is so slow now, I hate that I associate it with people I disagree with, rather than the fandom I cherished so much. But that's my problem.
I've lost hope in the fandom returning, I've lost hope in Capcom making new games for us.

But I am comforted by the works of artists and creators who continue to keep it alive, maybe one day I'll be able to write something so profound that it fully expresses my gratitude, for the one small flame of passion that remains in our fandom.

sorry for the shitpost.

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

High level play

Gender: Male

Location: Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Posts: 1176

So I saw a post related to https://www.ace-attorney.com/great1-2/uk/ come accross my timeline. I havent been back to CR so this seemed like a good time to catch up with everyone. As expected not a lot of people are left, but I'm glad to see you around DoMaya.

Quote:
Working on something serious, an actual novel. I want it to be successful so maybe I could help my parents finally retire.


I'm curious to see what you'd write. If its available in the Netherlands i'll buy it hard-copy. Otherwise I'll go for a digital purchase.

Quote:
I don't like that this website is so slow now, I hate that I associate it with people I disagree with, rather than the fandom I cherished so much. But that's my problem.
I've lost hope in the fandom returning, I've lost hope in Capcom making new games for us.


I'm at least excited to play the Great Ace Attorney after all this waiting! Maybe some people will come to the same conclusion. CR wont be what it used to be, but that wont be possible since WE are no longer who we were back then. In general, I see that as a positive thing. All good things must come to an end eventually. Like you said I will also cherish that time.

Personal update:
It's been a lot of up and down after a whole year of this mess. I've been doing well for myself: plans to buy my own appartment (finally!) which I expect to finalise within a year. I'm learning to play bass guitar since last December and i'm improving quite a bit. With a lot of help from my music teacher who's also a pretty chill guy. Still got work if not more and I'm moving up.
Unfortunately it feels like the world is burning around me and things are going worse, FAST. Politics are a mess (I could make a whole separate post about this, but not in the mood), people are incredibly short-tempered and the feel when no GF is hitting pretty hard during this time.

I'll be checking CR the next few days to see if there's additional traction. Maybe a small Renaissance is in the works.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. Breathe in and out, follow the lines in your hand. The danger is often smaller than your fear. If you dont know what is true, what motivates you or who you are: you are closer to the core than you realise

Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Stilted Beauty

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4726

CR regulars are the real unsung heroes of this generation
Image
Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

High level play

Gender: Male

Location: Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Posts: 1176

By this point I feel more like a veteran instead of a regular though.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. Breathe in and out, follow the lines in your hand. The danger is often smaller than your fear. If you dont know what is true, what motivates you or who you are: you are closer to the core than you realise

Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zhang Juanli (Rabbit)

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14352

Sjibbey wrote:
By this point I feel more like a veteran instead of a regular though.


Yep feeling old!
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

I gotta get smart

Gender: Male

Location: USA

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Posts: 1294

Welp, I'm finally doing it. I'm escaping from dead end jobs and going to school to work in application development. I started at the beginning of the month and I'm doing really really well. I've got perfect grades so far and I actually find the assignments fun and interesting.

Oh yeah, and that new GAA trailer? I'm so excited to finally play those games.
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Gender: Female

Location: Canaderp

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am

Posts: 1728

Builderkid107 wrote:
Welp, I'm finally doing it. I'm escaping from dead end jobs and going to school to work in application development. I started at the beginning of the month and I'm doing really really well. I've got perfect grades so far and I actually find the assignments fun and interesting.

Oh yeah, and that new GAA trailer? I'm so excited to finally play those games.

That’s amazing! Keep it up~
FacebookArt InstagramPersonal InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently Watching / Playing: Digimon Adventure / Animal Crossing New Horizons
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zhang Juanli (Rabbit)

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14352

Builderkid107 wrote:
Welp, I'm finally doing it. I'm escaping from dead end jobs and going to school to work in application development. I started at the beginning of the month and I'm doing really really well. I've got perfect grades so far and I actually find the assignments fun and interesting.

Oh yeah, and that new GAA trailer? I'm so excited to finally play those games.


Yeah congrats BK! That's great you got something solid that's working!

Speaking of life updates: A minor one but leading to maybe a major one. I've passed the last 'written' assignment I had on my logbook for my doctorate. What remains now is my viva: basically an interview with psychologists to see if I pass and graduate.

It also needed a written assignment but that's in and done. All I need now is to sit and reflect and think of all my weakpoints and how I'll talk my way around them. :nick-sweat:
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

I gotta get smart

Gender: Male

Location: USA

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Posts: 1294

bratty waifu wrote:
That’s amazing! Keep it up~

Many thanks!

Pierre wrote:

Yeah congrats BK! That's great you got something solid that's working!

Speaking of life updates: A minor one but leading to maybe a major one. I've passed the last 'written' assignment I had on my logbook for my doctorate. What remains now is my viva: basically an interview with psychologists to see if I pass and graduate.

It also needed a written assignment but that's in and done. All I need now is to sit and reflect and think of all my weakpoints and how I'll talk my way around them. :nick-sweat:


That sounds pretty stressful. I'm trying my damndest to stay ahead of my assignments so I can enjoy the weekends off. Worked out, too, because I was just out in the yard for two hours digging a trench across the yard so we can run power to the shed. I was on pickaxe duty and my whole body is exhausted. My arms feel like spaghetti and I'm pretty sure the handle gave me blisters on my hands. Felt good to get some manual labor done, though.
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

High level play

Gender: Male

Location: Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Posts: 1176

Good luck with the studies lads.

Is anyone else turning 30 this year? (or soon?). Personally, I hated the idea of turning 30 when I was 27/28 but I feel like a lot of that anxiety came from the idea that I would share my house with students at the ripe age of 30. Now that plans are in motion to buy my own apartment the concept of being 30 doesn't seem to bother me anymore.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. Breathe in and out, follow the lines in your hand. The danger is often smaller than your fear. If you dont know what is true, what motivates you or who you are: you are closer to the core than you realise

Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zhang Juanli (Rabbit)

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14352

Sjibbey wrote:
Good luck with the studies lads.

Is anyone else turning 30 this year? (or soon?). Personally, I hated the idea of turning 30 when I was 27/28 but I feel like a lot of that anxiety came from the idea that I would share my house with students at the ripe age of 30. Now that plans are in motion to buy my own apartment the concept of being 30 doesn't seem to bother me anymore.


*raises hand* I turned 30 in January!

Haha I never really act my age that much though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4201

I definitely remember being anxious about turning thirty. I think it was mostly because my life hadn't progressed the way I had hoped. I was still single, living with my parents, and unsure what I was going to do with my life. It felt like a failure to me; I wanted to have a family of my own and a clear direction by thirty and I didn't have one. The fact that others found their respective callings later in life (Harland Sanders founded KFC when he was in his early sixties, for example) wasn't exactly any consolation to me.
Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

I gotta get smart

Gender: Male

Location: USA

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Posts: 1294

One goal I have before I turn 30(well it should probably by my goal by the time I'm 25) is to not be a fat piece of shit anymore. Simple as that. Maybe when I'm making decent money I can afford to not buy shit food anymore. Grab one of those subscription meal kit things, maybe. It's so weird to think about turning 25 because I only just turned 21. Although I turn 22 in October. Christ, time flies so fast now...
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zhang Juanli (Rabbit)

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14352

Builderkid107 wrote:
One goal I have before I turn 30(well it should probably by my goal by the time I'm 25) is to not be a fat piece of shit anymore. Simple as that. Maybe when I'm making decent money I can afford to not buy shit food anymore. Grab one of those subscription meal kit things, maybe. It's so weird to think about turning 25 because I only just turned 21. Although I turn 22 in October. Christ, time flies so fast now...


I absolutely loathe the fact that healthier food tends to cost more. Just feeds my paranoia that the rich want us dead faster.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

High level play

Gender: Male

Location: Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Posts: 1176

Pierre wrote:
Builderkid107 wrote:
One goal I have before I turn 30(well it should probably by my goal by the time I'm 25) is to not be a fat piece of shit anymore. Simple as that. Maybe when I'm making decent money I can afford to not buy shit food anymore. Grab one of those subscription meal kit things, maybe. It's so weird to think about turning 25 because I only just turned 21. Although I turn 22 in October. Christ, time flies so fast now...


I absolutely loathe the fact that healthier food tends to cost more. Just feeds my paranoia that the rich want us dead faster.


I've seen that produce is pretty expensive in the U.S. and i can imagine similar prices across the globe. I live in an area with plenty farmers around the cities and villages which cuts down on the costs of logistics. If nessecary I can literally drive to the farmers to aquire produce if I so desired.

Farmers have been getting shafted hard (here) because of carbon dioxide emissions and our country is so small that some people want to repurpose this land (mostly to build places to live).

I don't mind paying a fair price for produce. Thing is that 'bad' foods are often more accessible or can be eaten with no/little prep time. As someone who isn't pasionate about cooking this tends to be my struggle.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. Breathe in and out, follow the lines in your hand. The danger is often smaller than your fear. If you dont know what is true, what motivates you or who you are: you are closer to the core than you realise

Image
Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zhang Juanli (Rabbit)

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14352

Sjibbey wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Builderkid107 wrote:
One goal I have before I turn 30(well it should probably by my goal by the time I'm 25) is to not be a fat piece of shit anymore. Simple as that. Maybe when I'm making decent money I can afford to not buy shit food anymore. Grab one of those subscription meal kit things, maybe. It's so weird to think about turning 25 because I only just turned 21. Although I turn 22 in October. Christ, time flies so fast now...


I absolutely loathe the fact that healthier food tends to cost more. Just feeds my paranoia that the rich want us dead faster.


I've seen that produce is pretty expensive in the U.S. and i can imagine similar prices across the globe. I live in an area with plenty farmers around the cities and villages which cuts down on the costs of logistics. If nessecary I can literally drive to the farmers to aquire produce if I so desired.

Farmers have been getting shafted hard (here) because of carbon dioxide emissions and our country is so small that some people want to repurpose this land (mostly to build places to live).

I don't mind paying a fair price for produce. Thing is that 'bad' foods are often more accessible or can be eaten with no/little prep time. As someone who isn't pasionate about cooking this tends to be my struggle.


Yeah, so those subscription meal kit thingies BK talked about seem a solid idea but again cost a reasonable amount. It's exercise I need especially more of in order to keep losing weight though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 637 of 637 [ 25469 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 633, 634, 635, 636, 637
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO