Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 15[ 574 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Re: After•LifeTopic%20Title

Shy guy

Planetbox wrote:
"Trials? Mysteries?" Akari shouted. "Ugh, screw this. I've got a mystery for you, ya worthless bag of bones. Where's my head? See if you can puzzle that one out."

"ARE YOU SAYING THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU NORMALLY LOOK LIKE?"

“W-Wait, these murders haven’t happened yet?” Kris asks. “Surely we can do something to prevent them, then! There’s no need for more people to die!”

Sock

The hooded man cracks his knuckles and lets out a hearty laugh. "Alright, so this is the kind of game we're playing, huh? I dig it. Behind one of those tables is the last place I ever thought I'd be, but when you're dead, anything is possible!"

"Can we all gang up on one poor schmuck, or is this going to be somewhat of a fair fight, and we'll be split up evenly? Though, to be honest, winning with impossible odds makes any crowd go wild..."

"Oh, I guess we're all getting names too, right? I'm Light. Light Stoutt. Shame we're not all meeting in better circumstances, eh? Heheh."

ASCEND

KamiPanda wrote:
"ARE YOU SAYING THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU NORMALLY LOOK LIKE?"

“Wha-Fu-Wha—Of course not!” Akari slammed her fists on the nearest surface, which happened to be TV-Head’s TV head. “I had a perfectly good head. Gorgeous hair. Nice smile. A nose...that was there. I thought you were supposed to be some all-knowing philosophical concept? What have you got between your ears? Cobwebs?”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

Joker wrote:
“W-Wait, these murders haven’t happened yet?” Kris asks. “Surely we can do something to prevent them, then! There’s no need for more people to die!”

"DEATH IS INEVITABLE."
"IT IS THE ONE CONSTANT IN THE MORTAL REALM."
"I KNOW WHEN ALL WILL DIE, BUT CAN DO NOTHING TO PREVENT IT."
"YOU, ALSO, WILL BE UNABLE TO PREVENT IT."
"AS WILL BECOME APPARENT WHEN YOU VISIT THE MORTAL REALM."

Kachu wrote:
"Can we all gang up on one poor schmuck, or is this going to be somewhat of a fair fight, and we'll be split up evenly? Though, to be honest, winning with impossible odds makes any crowd go wild..."

"I CARE NOT HOW YOU DIVIDE YOURSELVES."
"THAT SAID, I WOULD RECOMMEND A ROUGHLY EVEN SPLIT."
"6-4 OR 5-5 WILL BE BALANCED ENOUGH."
"BUT IF SOME DESIRE A CHALLENGE, I WILL NOT OPPOSE YOU."

Planetbox wrote:
“Wha-Fu-Wha—Of course not!” Akari slammed her fists on the nearest surface, which happened to be TV-Head’s TV head. “I had a perfectly good head. Gorgeous hair. Nice smile. A nose...that was there. I thought you were supposed to be some all-knowing philosophical concept? What have you got between your ears? Cobwebs?”

"I KNOW NOT WHAT IS INSIDE MY SKULL."
"THE SAME GOES, I CAN ONLY ASSUME, FOR MOST OF YOU."
"I AM UNSURE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HEAD."
"PERHAPS IT WAS A CLERICAL ERROR. I REALLY CANNOT GET THE HELP THESE DAYS."

"hey, don't look at me!"

The American Dream

"A battle of wits! Bravado! Logic!" Maria chanted, unsheathing her sword. "That is the magic of courtroom drama! I will do everything in my power to fight for the side of JUSTICE! HYAH!"

She swung her sword in front of her, making sure she wouldn't accidentally slash someone and make them double-dead. "While my place was never as a servant of the court, I have always pondered what it would feel like to be an amazing, astounding, ace attorney who wins battles not with physical strength, but with words instead."

TV-Head staggers as they are bonked in the face by Akari, "That's ignorant! Don't hit the glass, that's ignorant! It hurts my ears!"

"Also it's so ignorant to believe I died because I strapped a bomb to my head. That was completely unrelated!" They add, apparently eager to dispel any misconceptions.

KamiPanda wrote:
"6-4 OR 5-5 WILL BE BALANCED ENOUGH."
"BUT IF SOME DESIRE A CHALLENGE, I WILL NOT OPPOSE YOU."

"Pfft. I'll win no matter which side I'm on! So either get on my side or make yourself comfortable here in deadsville."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
TV-Head staggers as they are bonked in the face by Akari, "That's ignorant! Don't hit the glass, that's ignorant! It hurts my ears!"

"Also it's so ignorant to believe I died because I strapped a bomb to my head. That was completely unrelated!" They add, apparently eager to dispel any misconceptions.

"Now that's ignorant. If you strap a bomb to someone's head, it has to go off eventually!" Edgar ripped up a page he had been holding. This wasn't to illustrate his point or anything he just coincidentally decided that particular page was trash and needed to be disposed of. "Now it'll have to happen at some point during these trials. It'll let us kill two birds with one stone by finding out what happens when a dead person dies, too."

"Some people are ambidextrous! Some people just put a bomb next to their head! This is why representation matters! Maybe as a writer you should know that!, huh?!" Apparently it's rare for this TV-Headed person to speak at a normal volume. Maybe it's good that their voice is slightly muffled.

Not to be outdone by someone with a television for a head, Edgar raised his voice too. I wish he was muffled. "I've represented you plenty in my works! I'll have you know I love writing reckless and self destructive fools!"

The American Dream

"Friends! Please stop yelling at each other -- save it for the trials!" Maria snapped. "Nothing productive comes from bickering, so please... cut it out!"

("It's giving me a rather terrible headache... even in death, my migraines persist. How terrible.")

Happy Maria

"Ladies, ladies, calm down", Pat gestured to both of them somewhat jovially, though it looked like he wanted to focus on what to say to Death. "So we get to talk to the people involved first before the crime happens, huh... but of course we can't affect it. Seems like the only lives we're gonna be savin' here are our own", he sighed. "Anyway, it's a good thing we get to see the facts of the case before dividin'... That way we know which side we're gonna be rootin' for beforehand. Hopin' I'll be sidin' with some of the more experienced of you lot, 'course. I know we won't be needin' to necessarily solve nothin', but it'd be helpful if we knew how..."

"Still, let's get this goin'", He nodded with enthusiasm. "I know this is probably some kinda limbo..? But I'd rather not stall if it means waiting longer to come back to life, y'know?"

"Oh and Light, pleased t'meet ya, pal. Glad you introduced yourself", he said to the hooded man, not wanting him to be ignored entirely. What a hospitable chap this mailman was.

KamiPanda wrote:
Joker wrote:

"DEATH IS INEVITABLE."
"IT IS THE ONE CONSTANT IN THE MORTAL REALM."
"I KNOW WHEN ALL WILL DIE, BUT CAN DO NOTHING TO PREVENT IT."
"YOU, ALSO, WILL BE UNABLE TO PREVENT IT."
"AS WILL BECOME APPARENT WHEN YOU VISIT THE MORTAL REALM."

"I-I had a feeling you'd say something like that..." Kris sighed. "I suppose it was worth a shot. Lord, may you protect these unfortunate souls." She put her hands together in prayer, praying for the soon to be murder victims."

"I was only fooled once! It takes more than one fooling to be a fool!" TV-Head shouts impotently at Edgar.

Joker wrote:
"I-I had a feeling you'd say something like that..." Kris sighed. "I suppose it was worth a shot. Lord, may you protect these unfortunate souls." She put her hands together in prayer, praying for the soon to be murder victims.

"Hey where's my prayers?! You already know I died in a grizzly murder. I deserve some extra support! Maybe these people got what was coming to them. In fact, if it's hard to tell who killed them, they're probably at least a bit of an a-hole." This level of deduction seems to be what's possible with a TV upon one's head.

BEECH

Southern Corn wrote:
"Depends on what place you're workin' at. I gotta warn ya, though, Chinese food isn't my thing!" Pat responded to GUNS rather brightly, eager to have somebody to talk to.

"Gahaha!! I'm sure you'd love the place, Pat!!!!!!!! It's one of those trendy themed diners, there's a jukebox 'n everythin'!! I know the WHOLE menu by heart, if you're interested!" GUNS twirled a few times and almost tripped.

Then she turned to Death
"So like, we gotta solve murders?! That's kinda epic. I've only been in a trial once tho......."

"Well, what're we waiting for?" Mai clapped her hands together eagerly. "Let's hurry up and get this over with so we can get out of here!"

She spun on her heel, presumably to head for the exit, before realizing there still wasn't one. Mai remained there for a few seconds, facing away from the others, before turning around again with a bright smile. "Oh, and just so we're clear... If any of you decide to join the team opposing me... that would make you an obstacle to my reunion with Rei. If that happens... I won't show you any mercy," she elucidated cheerfully. "So be sure to choose wisely, kay?"

Happy Maria

NIKI_4829 wrote:

"Gahaha!! I'm sure you'd love the place, Pat!!!!!!!! It's one of those trendy themed diners, there's a jukebox 'n everythin'!! I know the WHOLE menu by heart, if you're interested!" GUNS twirled a few times and almost tripped.

"Haha, if ya say so", Pat nodded. "Tell ya what, if we both end up making it outta here alive, maybe I'll pay your place a visit someday. Only fair, right?"

Quote:
"Well, what're we waiting for?" Mai clapped her hands together eagerly. "Let's hurry up and get this over with so we can get out of here!"

She spun on her heel, presumably to head for the exit, before realizing there still wasn't one. Mai remained there for a few seconds, facing away from the others, before turning around again with a bright smile. "Oh, and just so we're clear... If any of you decide to join the team opposing me... that would make you an obstacle to my reunion with Rei. If that happens... I won't show you any mercy," she elucidated cheerfully. "So be sure to choose wisely, kay?"

"You're not alone, miss. I've got somebody I need to reunite with myself... Though I suppose we've all got our reasons to live, huh? No holding back in times like these", he said, grinning.

ASCEND

KamiPanda wrote:
"I KNOW NOT WHAT IS INSIDE MY SKULL."
"THE SAME GOES, I CAN ONLY ASSUME, FOR MOST OF YOU."
"I AM UNSURE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HEAD."
"PERHAPS IT WAS A CLERICAL ERROR. I REALLY CANNOT GET THE HELP THESE DAYS."

"hey, don't look at me!"

"You—You don't just lose a head!" Akari shouted. "They're kinda big! Not something you usually leave lying around! Surely after this long you would have figured that out?"

"Ugh, whatever..." she slumped over, facing her chest toward the ground. "I guess it doesn't make a huge difference. But if I win this thing. I better have a guarantee that I'm gonna get it back! Don't need to be wandering around like a headless chicken. Would make my work difficult."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"I AM NOT THE ONE WHO GOES AROUND REMOVING PEOPLE'S HEADS."
"IT IS NOT MY AREA OF EXPERTISE."
"PERHAPS SOMEONE IS WALKING AROUND THE UNDERWORLD WITH TWO HEADS RIGHT NOW."
"ANY REMAINING QUESTIONS?"

"Why? Why... do all this?"

"I AM THE EMBODIMENT OF ONE OF THE FUNDAMENTAL ASPECTS OF HUMANITY."
"ONE OF THE FUNDAMENTAL ASPECTS OF LIFE ITSELF."
"I HAVE TAKEN UP GUITAR PLAYING."
"EVEN I GET BORED."

"Quite understandable, really."
"But that got me thinkin', why us?"
"Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful."
"But I'm sure there's plenty others like us who'd love the chance to go back."

"THERE IS NO DEEP MEANING TO IT."
"I SIMPLY PULLED NAMES OUT OF A HAT, AS IT WERE."
"THE METAPHYSICAL EQUIVALENT OF A HAT."

There was silence for a few moments, then Death nodded.

"IT APPEARS YOU ARE ALL READY TO BEGIN. I SHALL EXPLAIN HOW THIS NEXT STAGE WORKS."

[Epic guitar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXUVTLwouHg]

"YOU WILL BE SENT DOWN TO THE LOCATION OF THE MURDER, BEFORE IT HAS TRANSPIRED."
"YOU WILL BE IN A STATE OF LIMBO. NO TIME WILL PASS, THOUGH YOU CAN STILL TALK TO THOSE YOU FIND THERE."
"THEY WILL RATIONALISE YOUR EXISTENCE SOMEHOW, NOT PERCEIVING ANYTHING STRANGE."
"HOWEVER THEY WILL NOT REMEMBER YOU ONCE YOU LEAVE, UNTIL YOU MEET THEM AGAIN."
"WHILE YOU CAN MOVE AROUND, INTERACT WITH OBJECTS AND CONVERSE WITH PEOPLE, YOU ARE NEVERTHELESS POWERLESS."
"THE DEAD CANNOT ALTER THE FATES OF THE LIVING. NOTHING YOU DO THERE WILL PERSIST."

"TIME IS DIFFICULT TO QUANTIFY IN THIS STATE."
"BUT LET US IMAGINE THAT A 'DAY' CAN PASS, AS A SUITABLE UNIT OF TIME."
"YOU WILL SPEND TWO DAYS AT ONE LOCATION, THEN ONE DAY AT ANOTHER."
"AFTER THIS, THE MURDER WILL TRANSPIRE. YOU WILL THEN SPEND ONE DAY FOLLOWING THE INVESTIGATION."
"I SHOULD STRESS THAT THESE 'DAYS' ARE HYPOTHETICAL."
"FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE LIVING, NO TIME WILL HAVE PASSED AT ALL."

"LASTLY, FOR THE SAKE OF COOPERATION, YOU WILL BE AFFORDED PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS WITH ONE ANOTHER."
"EACH OF YOU MAY INITIATE ONE SUCH CONVERSATION PER CASE."
"HOWEVER, THERE IS NO LIMIT TO HOW MANY CONVERSATIONS YOU CAN HOLD IF OTHERS REQUEST YOU."
"THAT IS ALL. I WILL SEND YOU ON YOUR WAY."

Shy guy

Case 1: A Turnabout In The Dark

Free Time, Part 1

Time: 19:45

Everyone found themselves in a large hall, set up for a concert, by the looks of things. Judging by the merchandise stands they found after some exploring, the concert was for an idol, Exie Thurman.

There were a lot of excited fans gathered. It was a little overwhelming, really, so the group tried their luck and headed backstage. As Death had promised, no-one tried to stop them.

The backstage area consisted of a winding corridor providing access to a number of rooms. There was a large storage room that also doubled as a prop-creation area, a number of dressing rooms, an office and a staff lounge. The latter seemed most promising, so they headed inside.

There were a number of amenities inside: a large TV, a games console, table football for some reason, and a few low-end computers. The room was occupied by three people, who glanced at the newcomers curiously. From their perspective, the dead people were probably "allowed" to be there, but they were still strangers, so the room's occupants greeted everyone.

"Heya! Some fans come to visit?"
"I don't have time for autographs right now though, sorry!"

"Come on in, take a load off."
"Plenty of room in here."
"Katherine Black. Call me Kat. I'm the owner of this venue."

The third person seemed a bit of an outsider. Whereas the two woman were sitting in chairs, having likely been in conversation, the third was... playing table football. By himself. He seemed to be having fun though.

"Howdy! Good to meet you, people I've never seen before."
"I'm Charlie! A technician for this place, though only a contractor."
"You seem like nice, interesting people. I like your TV!"

The last point was addressed at TV Head, obviously. No-one seemed remotely surprised that someone else meanwhile was walking around headless. Maybe they thought it was just a halloween costume. A very advanced halloween costume. In July.

The first woman to speak hadn't introduced herself, and didn't seem to feel the need to. She was probably Exie, the idol who was going to perform later. Her outfit, hairstyle and ribbons certainly suggested as much. She occupied her seat like she owned the place, despite the literal owner sitting nearby.

[Exie Thurman: https://i.imgur.com/Uj1JEPB.png]

The other woman was much calmer by contrast, with an almost melancholic aura surrounding her. She was smoking, despite the "no smoking" sign on the wall.

[Katherine Black: https://i.imgur.com/NoMUIb1.jpg]

As for the technician, he really hadn't needed to explain himself. His occupation was readily apparent from his attire; he hadn't even felt the need to put any of his tools down despite being on break. He had goggles on (for some reason), protective gloves on his hands (for some reason) and protective fabric over his shins. All in all, he looked ready to take on just about any task required of him.

[Charlie Bolton: https://i.imgur.com/8VXaYtD.png]

Now was the time for the dead people to introduce themselves, but they got the impression there wasn't a strict need to. They could probably go explore the rest of the venue if they wanted, though it was unlikely they'd find anyone else worth talking to. They could probably interact with whatever they wanted to pass the time, however.

Happy Maria

[epic vibes music]

"So these are gonna be the people involved in this crime, huh..." Pat mused to himself and his fellow ghosts. "Wonder which one'a these folks are gonna be the victim... the defendant, even. That Charlie guy looks like a fun fella, hope it isn't him... That manager's a bit fishy though. Smokin' on the job and all..." He chuckled before going to meet the three people in the room. "Hey, I'm Pat! Pleased t'meet you all!"

"So uh... Exie, was it?" He scratched his head sheepishly, deciding to talk to the idol first. "You seem pretty famous, judgin' by the crowd we had to pass by to get here. How long ya been doin' this for?"

And also just because he could abuse his dead powers in limbo, he decided to also go strike up a conversation with Charlie. Somehow. Don't question it. "Hey there, buddy!" He gestured in a friendly manner. "You look like you're havin' a nice time here. Ya like playing table football?"

Shy guy

Southern Corn wrote:
"So uh... Exie, was it?" He scratched his head sheepishly, deciding to talk to the idol first. "You seem pretty famous, judgin' by the crowd we had to pass by to get here. How long ya been doin' this for?"

"Hmmm... Sounds like you haven't heard of me."
"I'll forgive you though, because you're old!"

Exie winked at Pat.

"I've been an idol for some years now."
"Though I wasn't always solo, that's only been... 2 years, maybe?"
"I used to perform alongside my twin sister, and another, but there was an... 'incident'."
"It was pretty heart-breaking, really..."

Kat looked aside. The topic seemed to make her uncomfortable.

"It's all good now, though! It'll take more than that to put out my fire!"

Southern Corn wrote:
And also just because he could abuse his dead powers in limbo, he decided to also go strike up a conversation with Charlie. Somehow. Don't question it. "Hey there, buddy!" He gestured in a friendly manner. "You look like you're havin' a nice time here. Ya like playing table football?"

"First time playing! It's pretty fun, I see why it's so popular."

He was currently making two plastic players head the ball to each other. Somehow.

"Wow. Love this place. It's so bright and noisy I think my head is about to split open." Edgar praised the venue from the bottom of his heart and recently emptied coffee mug. "Hey speaking of splitting heads have I ever told you about the time my editor tried to kill me with an axe? That ever happen to you? Idol work seems like a cutthroat business. Can you think of anyone who would want to cut yours?"

Shy guy

"Wow, you sound like a fun guy!"
"Well, all idols have their antis, you know?"
"No-one's ever tried to kill me with an axe, though.

She glanced suggestively at Kat, who sighed.

"No, I've never plotted to kill you with an axe."
"Nor anything else."
"Your editor sounds like a real piece of work, dude. I'd cut ties if I were you."

"Or cut him first!"
"Sooner them than you, know what I'm saying?"
"But if you really wanna know, no, I don't have any standout enemies really."
"I'm a beloved idol! It sounds like you've been listening to the rumours too much."

"...Rumours? What rumours?"

"Oh, er... Nothing, really!"
"Like I said, just rumours!"
"There's people saying some gangster types have been following me around or something."
"But how would they even know something like that? If you ask me, they're the ones following me about!"
"Which, you know. Pretty, charismatic idol like me, of course I get some extra-passionate fans."

BEECH

GUNS rolled up to the conversation wearing stolen merchandise.

"Yiiiiikes!! That's so scary, dude!! Y'know, I wanted to be an idol when I was like 13 years old, I went to auditions 'n everythin' but then I lost my eye and suddenly no one liked me for an idol job... You can call me GUNS, by the way."

"Isn't it like a super tiring job?? I don't know if I could ever do it nowadays!"

Shy guy

"Yeah, you wouldn't get far like that."
"Fans can be wonderful, but they're also pretty unforgiving."
"Even now there's weirdos who're mad that I'm not my sister."
"Like, I know that!"
"Sorry your dreams were crushed."
"Tell you what, I'll work extra hard for your sake!"

She then looked GUNS up and down, particularly taking in the roller-skates she was riding around on.

"Yeah, I don't think running out of energy is something you need to worry about."
"This is just every day for you?"
"I've always been the energetic twin and I don't think I could do that!"

ASCEND

“Hmm. Nice to not get weird looks from everyone. Though I’m not sure how I’m supposed to be invested in these people if I know one of them’s about to die.”

Akari reached into a pocket somewhere and pulled out a silver lighter. She fiddled with it until a bright orange flame burst from the top. She then stepped toward Kat.

“Mind if I bum a cig?” she asked, apparently not noticing the fundamental flaw in her plan.

Sock

Light was hovering the table football table, circling around it and looking at it from all sorts of angles. It seemed like he’s never seen something like that before.

“This thing is pretty damn cool. Should look into getting one setup at work, maybe…”
“Though what if you lose that little ball? I guess a lot could work to replace it.” He shrugs and continues to investigate. “…do you have to pay to play?”

All but totally ignoring the idol, Mai waltzed on over to the other living woman in the room and inclined her head. "Hey there, Kat, name's Mai, nice to meet you!" she beamed. "So what's your story? Always wanted to run a place like this? Ever thought of being an idol yourself? You have the looks for it, you know~"

KamiPanda wrote:
"No, I've never plotted to kill you with an axe."
"Nor anything else."
"Your editor sounds like a real piece of work, dude. I'd cut ties if I were you."

"Or cut him first!"
"Sooner them than you, know what I'm saying?"
"But if you really wanna know, no, I don't have any standout enemies really."
"I'm a beloved idol! It sounds like you've been listening to the rumours too much."

"I'm not sure how I survived that, actually, I remember her breaking down the door to grab me and dragging me out of my apartment. Then again I was awake for a week working on a draft and kinda out of it when it all happened." he said, shaking and watching the coffee slosh around in his mug. Apparently it was full again. "Actually, I think it wasn't my editor, but I was trying to ignore her calls at the time so I thought it was her. And now that I think about it, the building was on fire."

He took a sip. And another. "... Nevermind. It was a firefighter. Now I know why my address suddenly changed last month..."

Shy guy

Planetbox wrote:
“Hmm. Nice to not get weird looks from everyone. Though I’m not sure how I’m supposed to be invested in these people if I know one of them’s about to die.”

Akari reached into a pocket somewhere and pulled out a silver lighter. She fiddled with it until a bright orange flame burst from the top. She then stepped toward Kat.

“Mind if I bum a cig?” she asked, apparently not noticing the fundamental flaw in her plan.

"Why do you people keep talking about me dying?"
"Do you know something I don't?"
"*gasp* are you actually antis?? Don't make me call security!"

"Er, yes, please don't get security involved."
"They don't get paid enough to deal with a mess this big."

Kat then narrowed her eyes as she stared at the headless person asking for a cigarette.

"These are pretty expensive, you know."
"I'm not normally in the habit of sharing."
"..."
"Fine, but no-one else gets one."

She took out a packet and tossed Akari one. She watched her actions, evidently curious how she would proceed given her circumstances.

Kachu wrote:
Light was hovering the table football table, circling around it and looking at it from all sorts of angles. It seemed like he’s never seen something like that before.

“This thing is pretty damn cool. Should look into getting one setup at work, maybe…”
“Though what if you lose that little ball? I guess a lot could work to replace it.” He shrugs and continues to investigate. “…do you have to pay to play?”

"Better not give the boss lady any ideas!"

"I heard that. Don't make me dock your pay."

"Jeepers! Just a friendly joke."
"Trying to lighten the mood, you know?"
"I may only be a temporary contractor, but that's no reason we can't be friends!"
"Anyway, no, it's free! Just so long as the ball doesn't get lost."

He then proceeded to give the ball a particularly powerful plastic kick, causing it to ping off somewhere and become lost.

"..."
"Oops!"
"Okay this is quite embarrassing."
"So, uh, what did you mean by 'a lot could work' for replacing it?"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
All but totally ignoring the idol, Mai waltzed on over to the other living woman in the room and inclined her head. "Hey there, Kat, name's Mai, nice to meet you!" she beamed. "So what's your story? Always wanted to run a place like this? Ever thought of being an idol yourself? You have the looks for it, you know~"

Kat winced a little at the barrage of questions.

"I'm flattered, really, but I'm not that big of a deal."
"I just try to earn enough to keep my family fed."
"Managing this place isn't easy, but it pays... reasonably well."
"We don't just do idol concerts, you know. There's all kinds of performances or exhibitions people want to put on."

She took a drag while gazing at Mai analytically.

"You strike me as someone who might be in that line of work."
"An actress, perhaps? Model? Some kind of celebrity, certainly."
"You'll have to excuse me if I don't recognise you, Mai. It's normally my business to be up to date with these things."
"Not from around here?"

DootDootDoot wrote:
"I'm not sure how I survived that, actually, I remember her breaking down the door to grab me and dragging me out of my apartment. Then again I was awake for a week working on a draft and kinda out of it when it all happened." he said, shaking and watching the coffee slosh around in his mug. Apparently it was full again. "Actually, I think it wasn't my editor, but I was trying to ignore her calls at the time so I thought it was her. And now that I think about it, the building was on fire."

He took a sip. And another. "... Nevermind. It was a firefighter. Now I know why my address suddenly changed last month..."

"Yeesh, and I thought I was sleep-deprived."
"You alright there, bud? Not sure that coffee's doing you any good."

Kris looked amazed at the new location. Ignoring the others, she approached the electronics and looked at them in awe.

"What is all this stuff...?" She asked. "I've never seen anything like this before!"

The American Dream

("Going to keep in mind that whole 'sister' topic for later...")

Joker wrote:
Kris looked amazed at the new location. Ignoring the others, she approached the electronics and looked at them in awe.

"What is all this stuff...?" She asked. "I've never seen anything like this before!"

Maria raised an eyebrow. "Huh? Really?"

BEECH

KamiPanda wrote:
"Yeah, you wouldn't get far like that."
"Fans can be wonderful, but they're also pretty unforgiving."
"Even now there's weirdos who're mad that I'm not my sister."
"Like, I know that!"
"Sorry your dreams were crushed."
"Tell you what, I'll work extra hard for your sake!"

She then looked GUNS up and down, particularly taking in the roller-skates she was riding around on.

"Yeah, I don't think running out of energy is something you need to worry about."
"This is just every day for you?"
"I've always been the energetic twin and I don't think I could do that!"

"Awww!! You're so sweet!!! Now I'm definitely gonna be your fan!! What do you call your fanbase... Exie-army?? Thur-people?!?!?"

"And yeah, I guess bein' a roller-skatin' waitress could be hell for some people but I think it's fun. Extremely. After dancin' around in these a couple hundred times you get used to it anyway!"

WinterCoat wrote:
("Going to keep in mind that whole 'sister' topic for later...")

Joker wrote:

Maria raised an eyebrow. "Huh? Really?"

"Y-Yes, really." Kris replied, turning to face Maria. "I grew up at an abbey with my parents. And I was always sick so I never did get out much... We never had anything like this at the abbey."

The American Dream

Joker wrote:
"Y-Yes, really." Kris replied, turning to face Maria. "I grew up at an abbey with my parents. And I was always sick so I never did get out much... We never had anything like this at the abbey."

"I see... well, maybe this is an opportunity for you to experience some of these gizmos and gadgets," Maria reasoned. "I never had much time to fool around with any such devices, unfortunately. Too much government work..."

Shy guy

NIKI_4829 wrote:
"Awww!! You're so sweet!!! Now I'm definitely gonna be your fan!! What do you call your fanbase... Exie-army?? Thur-people?!?!?"

"And yeah, I guess bein' a roller-skatin' waitress could be hell for some people but I think it's fun. Extremely. After dancin' around in these a couple hundred times you get used to it anyway!"

"They call themselves the X-atics."
"At some point people nicknamed me 'X' and it went from there."
"Then my sister got nicknamed 'O' to match, so her fans called themselves O-tees."
"Because they're her devotees or something?"
"Not what I'd have gone with, but you've gotta go with the flow!"

She blew a kiss, an action that had apparently become her trademark after being nicknamed 'X'.

"In that sense, we're pretty similar!"
"You get used to things."
"If you can't, you crash and burn."
"Though you gotta surprise people and do your own thing, too!"
"They'll get bored of you if all you do is what they think they want."
"Maybe I'll incorporate a skating routing into a show, it does look fun!"

Kat got a headache just thinking of all the health and safety implications.

ASCEND

KamiPanda wrote:
"Why do you people keep talking about me dying?"
"Do you know something I don't?"
"*gasp* are you actually antis?? Don't make me call security!"

"Er, yes, please don't get security involved."
"They don't get paid enough to deal with a mess this big."

Kat then narrowed her eyes as she stared at the headless person asking for a cigarette.

"These are pretty expensive, you know."
"I'm not normally in the habit of sharing."
"..."
"Fine, but no-one else gets one."

She took out a packet and tossed Akari one. She watched her actions, evidently curious how she would proceed given her circumstances.

Akari’s fingers trembled in anticipation as she raised the cigarette to her lighter and watched it start to burn. She held it in front of her, smoke drifting into the air, and finally reached the conclusion that everyone else had already arrived at.

“Shit,” she said.

Attempting to play it off as completely intentional, Akari tried placing the cigarette into her neck. She apparently managed to jam it in somehow, leaving a modest flame jutting from atop her chest like the world’s worst birthday candle.

“Man. Ain’t no point in living without a head, huh? You think I can get disability checks for this? Does the afterlife even have money?”

Sock

KamiPanda wrote:
"Better not give the boss lady any ideas!"

"I heard that. Don't make me dock your pay."

"Jeepers! Just a friendly joke."
"Trying to lighten the mood, you know?"
"I may only be a temporary contractor, but that's no reason we can't be friends!"
"Anyway, no, it's free! Just so long as the ball doesn't get lost."

He then proceeded to give the ball a particularly powerful plastic kick, causing it to ping off somewhere and become lost.

"..."
"Oops!"
"Okay this is quite embarrassing."
"So, uh, what did you mean by 'a lot could work' for replacing it?"

"Anything small and round should work, yeah? Lil bouncy ball, rolled up foil, a coin... Mmkay, maybe not that last one."
Light ruffles through his pocket and takes out a bright pink gumball.
"S'about the same size, yeah? Would this not work?"

"I can see it'd be a great monetization tool, though. I think for hot sellers like this, it's not needed, but maybe for some arcade..."
"I'm assuming you'd rather it stays free though. Little light on cash?"

Shy guy

Kachu wrote:
"Anything small and round should work, yeah? Lil bouncy ball, rolled up foil, a coin... Mmkay, maybe not that last one."
Light ruffles through his pocket and takes out a bright pink gumball.
"S'about the same size, yeah? Would this not work?"

"I can see it'd be a great monetization tool, though. I think for hot sellers like this, it's not needed, but maybe for some arcade..."
"I'm assuming you'd rather it stays free though. Little light on cash?"

"I have a well-paying, steady job!"
"What makes you think otherwise?"
"It's how I afforded all this cool technician gear!"

Charlie took the proffered gumball, placed it on the pitch and then had some of the plastic players kick it about.

"Nice one! Quick thinking, there."
"You're probably onto something with that monetization idea."
"A game like this would be pretty popular, I'm sure!"
Page 2 of 15 [ 574 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus