Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 639 of 639[ 25547 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 635, 636, 637, 638, 639

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

High level play

Well, admittedly I didn't log in for nearly 4 months, but seeing no new messages is a bit disappointing. Maybe Discord is the way to go nowadays. I will probably pop in here when the mood strikes me, but it seems like this is pretty much the end of the road.

Let it be known that i'll move in my own appartment at the end of February. It's been a struggle, but I feel like I'm gonna make it.

Thank you C-R and everyone who finds this message. I'm expecting it could be the last one I write here.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Whoops, I haven't posted since May.

Lost my job back in September. My contract just ended, so that sucks. Been taking it easy for the time being but I should probably get to searching soon. Time for my least favorite time of the year, I guess. Hope you all had a good thanksgiving (if you're American).

Once again, I'm also on discord and twitter and stuff.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Happy Holidays to those of you that still come here every now and then~ :thena-hair:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

Merry Christmas! :)

In Justice We Trust

Merry Christmas, everyone--though it's already the 26th in most of the world...
I'll always love you, Max.

The Real Human Being

My further descent into madness has given me great comfort. I spent the majority of this year doubting that I was worthy of love, and time and time again God has shown me more kindness than I would have ever thought I deserved. I'm 31 years old and approaching mine and Maya's 15th anniversary.

I got what I wanted for Christmas, what did you all get?

In Justice We Trust

Got some Switch games, some Nintendo-themed socks, and a lot of junk food. I also bought some foam staircases for Max. At ninety-one in cat years, he can't jump as high as he could when he was younger, so the stairs will help him get onto some of the higher furniture.

The Real Human Being

General Luigi wrote:
Got some Switch games, some Nintendo-themed socks, and a lot of junk food. I also bought some foam staircases for Max. At ninety-one in cat years, he can't jump as high as he could when he was younger, so the stairs will help him get onto some of the higher furniture.

I'm glad you hear your cat is still kicking. My pit bull chocolate lab is getting old too. But she's still got light to her eyes and I know she's happy.

I know 4chan isn't to everyone's taste, but for the past 10 years, anons on /v/ would gather to make an album, the songs are Weird Al-esque parodies. I wrote lyrics for a lot of different songs. It was more writing than I had done in a long time and it was a lot of fun. Three of the re-writes I wrote were sung by other people.
It's 4chan, no gamer words but all the lyrics were for 4channers so it's going to have a bit of spice to it.
The Nofun Vidya Board, Amemeoweh, and Why Don't You Go Back To /vg/?
I appreciated all the people singing and commenting on my works, but I'm still sad I never got anyone to sing my parody Of Freak Kitchen's Freak of The Week

Spoiler: Meme of the Week
I'm your meme of the week.

I'm the new joke
That everybody knows.
You will find my face
most everywhere you go.
Modify myself
Watch the numbers grow.
Post me, post me,
Won't you post me?
I'm your meme of the week
Another meme of the week
Corporate approved this info leak
Something based and all new
A smoking hot new waifu

Dabbing on the nerds
Giving you a chub.
I'm the poster boy
Of your "secret club"
Who's the normie now?
Who's feeding the scrubs?
Post me, post me.
Won't you post me?
Another meme of the week
A smoking hot new waifu

Another meme of the week.
I'm the one to be abused.
I'm even on the news.
I'm the meme of the....

I'm the new joke

Post me, post me,
Won't you post me?
(you) me, post me, why won't you post me?
Post me, (you) me won't you post me?

Another meme of the week
A smoking hot new waifu
I'm the ultimate sign
Our cultures on decline
Just a flavor of the month.
But I'm your meme of the week
A corporate approved leak

I even did a one for Persona 5's "Beneath the Mask"

Spoiler:
"Are you online?
Been playing all alone."
The message posted on my screen.
When I get home.
Before I type
Before the words are sent.
I stop to think of what they said
And what it meant?

I'm Anonymous
In a foreign place.
Pushing them all away
And still they want my face?
I'm a shitposter.
Nothing here to know
I'm just the words I write
From out the dark

Months can go by
And names I can assume.
I'm whoever I want to be.
While in my room.
And I'm online.
The meesage still unset.
It's asking why you messaged me.
And what it meant.

I'm Anonymous
In a foreign place.
Pushing them all away
I'm a shitposter.
lost within my past.
I'm just the words I write.
And I am safe.

I can't add you.
And I can't say.
Just a nameless soul
I'm falling away.
Will you ignore me?
Playing on my own.
The only peace
That I have know

I'm Anonymous
In a foreign place.
Pushing them all away
I'm a shitposter.
Too cold to make friends
I'm just the words I write
And can't hit send.

I guess that makes this the first post in here of the year? Wild. Well, I'm still unemployed. Sucks. Not really sure what I'm doing at this point.

Ace Attorney 4-6 got announced to get ported today, so that's cool. The funny thing is that there's nothing on the forums about it at all. No news post, no new threads, no nothing. Funny and sad, honestly.

The Real Human Being

Builderkid107 wrote:
Ace Attorney 4-6 got announced to get ported today, so that's cool. The funny thing is that there's nothing on the forums about it at all. No news post, no new threads, no nothing. Funny and sad, honestly.

We're eating good tonight folks!

Here for my yearly login

Builderkid107 wrote:

Gotta assume a lot of people ported over to Reddit, but I don't think I've ever removed CR from my bookmark bar on Chrome. Sat there for a solid decade at this point, I think. Wild to think I started on the old Invisionfree backup that long ago at this point.
Signatures are hard...

In Justice We Trust

It's never fun to see an online community gradually shrink. While I don't expect the main site to go away, the forum doesn't get enough activity for most users to have any reason to stick around. I suppose we could always make things worse and start locking previously-free functions behind paywalls...

The Real Human Being

Manson wrote:
Builderkid107 wrote:

Gotta assume a lot of people ported over to Reddit, but I don't think I've ever removed CR from my bookmark bar on Chrome. Sat there for a solid decade at this point, I think. Wild to think I started on the old Invisionfree backup that long ago at this point.

And Discord, don't forget discord. I've already shown my distaste for what the community became, no reason to reiterate it here.

General Luigi wrote:
It's never fun to see an online community gradually shrink. While I don't expect the main site to go away, the forum get enough activity for users to have any reason to stick around. I suppose we could always make things worse and start locking previously-free functions behind paywalls...

An embedded fan case player would make the website more popular, so long as you don't try to monetize it (and maybe use fan made Faya Mey characters) you'd avoid C&D letters.

In Justice We Trust

I'm certainly willing to run it by Henke, but considering our current troubles with getting a frontend developer who isn't constantly overwhelmed by offline stuff, I don't expect it to be a priority.

The Real Human Being

General Luigi wrote:
I'm certainly willing to run it by Henke, but considering our current troubles with getting a frontend developer who isn't constantly overwhelmed by offline stuff, I don't expect it to be a priority.

Mind, I just googled to see if this exists, and this popped up, download at your own risk; and I'm no programmer, but the infrastructure for browser based visual novels already exists, I've no clue how easy it would be to use, but it exists.

I've felt worse.

Oddly it wasn't even the 456 remaster news that had me thinking of this place. It was playing the new Zelda game and thinking "Cat would have hated this."
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

I think about this thread pretty often, actually. Makes me think about the days where I would post on here at school (when I should have been working on assignments) or check the thread in the morning before I'd get ready. Good times.

I've felt worse.

Yeah I can see that. This used to be my primary Internet hangout spot, and some days I wish it still was. Of course I've changed so much as a person since then that thinking about some of the stuff I've said here just makes me physically recoil.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

The Real Human Being

tiger_festival wrote:
Yeah I can see that. This used to be my primary Internet hangout spot, and some days I wish it still was. Of course I've changed so much as a person since then that thinking about some of the stuff I've said here just makes me physically recoil.

That's just part of maturing, anyone who doesn't look back and think to themselves "I probably could have done that better" haven't matured.
I may have some of the worst examples, but I know my principles are good. Maybe I could have explained things better, maybe I could have been nicer. But it's all behind us now, you can take comfort in knowing that chances are, no one but you remembers the things you're the most ashamed of. If you ever want to talk, you could always reach out.

tiger_festival wrote:

Yeah I pitched the idea of a skype chat aaaaages ago, but I think its just a bridge too far for some. Maybe we should set up a discord server or something, but I still can't see that getting a lot of use. We're all much different people from who we were ages ago, and sometimes things just end. Depressing to think about, but that's life.

In Justice We Trust

Spoiler: Unpleasant
This is probably going to be Max's last year. I found a bump on him about two weeks ago and an aspiration biopsy taken last week points to fibrosarcoma (cancer, in other words). While my family has yet to make a final decision (my sibling's out of town with some friends and we don't want to ruin the mood by dropping this kind of bomb on them), I suspect we're going to just let him live out the few months he has left (six at most from what I've read) in relative comfort. While treatment is an option, it would involve a pretty invasive surgery with a recovery period of several weeks and the odds of the cancer coming back within a year are 70%-90%--and that's not even getting into the realistic chance (I'm told around 8%) of the surgery itself killing him. While the treatment has a chance of eradicating the cancer and buying him a few more years, I'm unsure if it's worth the risk.

I don't know how conclusive the vet's findings were, so I can't rule out the possibility of the bump turning out to be harmless, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm probably going to be a mess emotionally for a while. I suppose one advantage of this forum getting so little activity these days is that the odds of my mental state interfering with my ability to moderate are negligible.

The Real Human Being

General Luigi wrote:
Spoiler: Unpleasant
This is probably going to be Max's last year. I found a bump on him about two weeks ago and an aspiration biopsy taken last week points to fibrosarcoma (cancer, in other words). While my family has yet to make a final decision (my sibling's out of town with some friends and we don't want to ruin the mood by dropping this kind of bomb on them), I suspect we're going to just let him live out the few months he has left (six at most from what I've read) in relative comfort. While treatment is an option, it would involve a pretty invasive surgery with a recovery period of several weeks and the odds of the cancer coming back within a year are 70%-90%--and that's not even getting into the realistic chance (I'm told around 8%) of the surgery itself killing him. While the treatment has a chance of eradicating the cancer and buying him a few more years, I'm unsure if it's worth the risk.

I don't know how conclusive the vet's findings were, so I can't rule out the possibility of the bump turning out to be harmless, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm probably going to be a mess emotionally for a while. I suppose one advantage of this forum getting so little activity these days is that the odds of my mental state interfering with my ability to moderate are negligible.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat's health continuing to deteriorate, I hope the bump is nothing and that you still get a few more years with him.

In Justice We Trust

There may be hope regarding Max's situation. The bump has shrunk noticeably since the time it was first discovered. I don't think I'll have full peace of mind until it's gone, which at least one source I found says could take another couple of months, but I now find it much likelier that the biopsy result was a false positive.

Either way, our course of action--or rather inaction--remains the same.

September 26 update: Bit late to bring it up now, but Max's bump is either gone or so small that I can't find it anymore. I think it's safe to say at this point that he did not have cancer.

I finally got a job. After nearly unemployed for nearly an entire year, I finally found work. It's a warehouse job, which isn't exactly a step up from my last job in software, but I've gotta do what I can to earn money. It is what it is. Also, I turn 24 next week. Crazy, I've been here for like 10 years. (I missed my 10 year forum anniversary, so that sucks. Oh well.)

I've also started writing again. It's been very relaxing to have creative hobbies, even though I do tend to switch between them fairly often. I was doing 3D art in blender up until recently, and I do plan on returning to that, it's just that my PC's performance makes my workflow very...slow. I'll get back to it soon, but writing has been very fulfilling with very little frustration.

That's about it, I think. Hopefully any of you that are still here are doing well, and I wish you all the best. Once again, I'm active in other places and for any of you who would like to reach out, just let me know.

Take care. :hyde:

(I wonder who made all these Smilies...I guess I never thought about it until now. Huh.)

In Justice We Trust

Spoiler: Unpleasant, although my signature at time of posting probably makes it clear what happened
We chose to euthanize Max today after he suffered an apparent stroke this morning. He was 19½ (ninety-four in cat years). There was a negligible possibility of it being something else, even something he'd have ultimately recovered from, but the symptoms pointed much more to a stroke. Between that, other issues he'd begun suffering from (he was almost completely blind and showing signs of dementia), and the cost of even confirming that it was a stroke (let alone getting treatment for it if it's treatable), we concluded the time had come.

I suppose one upside of the forum getting so little activity these days is that I probably don't have to worry about my emotional state leading to me handing out unjust punishments for rulebreakers.

Once again, making the first post of the year. I suppose it's a little sad, even now. I still come back and check the forum every once in a while, but I always find my way here at some point or another. That's a lie, actually. I pretty much just come back to this bookmark I made. Some of my bookmarks still have the "new rule" amendment that was in the thread subject for a few years (and was removed a few years ago).

I'm sorry to hear about Max, Luigi. 19 and a half years, though? That's a damn long life for a cat. No matter how you feel about the situation, know that he lived a full and loved life.

I don't have anything profound or interesting to say, but I figure I ought to at least check in every once in a while. I've talked about myself so much through all the posts I've made in here. I'm half-tempted to go back through all my own posts and see if I can't put together an actual journal for all those years. I sure treated this place like one. I wonder what I talked about and was stressing about, cuz I certainly can't remember. Probably complaining about being lonely, which I did *all* the time, and you guys are saints for putting up with me for that. Or like that one time I posted something slightly suggestive and got a three day ban? Man, crazy times. Well, good thing I can't go back in time and talk to my past self because I think seeing how little things changed would have seriously worried little past-me. Although maybe the threat of it would have sparked something in me to try harder. Can't dwell on the past, I suppose. (EDIT: went back to late-2014 and GOD IT WAS WORSE THAN I REMEMBERED. YOU DONT NEED TO SAY HOW LONELY YOU ARE AND TYPE *sigh* EVERY SINGLE POST, MY DUDE. Man, I really just said all that so you guys would be nice to me, didn't I? How terrible. Some people say that if you cringe at your past self, it means you've grown. That doesn't make it any less painful, SHEESH. Also I talked about yuri a creepy amount. Like, it's a little weird for a then-15 year old to be talking about yuri so much, isn't it? I wanna bleach my eyes, but I know I'm eventually gonna go back and pick through all my old messages one of these days. Gross.)

Anyway, you know that job I talked about in my last post? Yeah, well, I got fired. A week before Christmas, too. Feels kinda bad, but I did hate it. The worst part is that I knew it was coming. Um...let's see...I'm still writing. Finished a long term project last month. That was pretty cool. Uh...Persona 3 Reload and Like a Dragon 8 come out in a few weeks, and I'm pretty excited about those. Although I can't really think of much else to be excited about these days, games or otherwise. I guess that's what getting older is like. Or maybe that's just having mental issues. Eh, one of the two. Or both. Or neither? Bah.

Like I said in my previous post, I hope you are all doing well. I still hope that. There's something to be said about the relationships you can build on a platform without a word limit.

Take care.
Page 639 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 635, 636, 637, 638, 639

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus