Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 26 of 32[ 1262 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next

Re: Nonary Game 5: Life (Lynching Phase)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

"Zero set up the voting to allow all 9 players to leave with one body." Admin #1 explains. "That way he could test Replicate Control under stress, and tie up all loose ends in one go. However, with some of you already dead, only 7 can leave. Now, it's fine and all to be idealistic, saying that'll work and you could catch anyone who breaks the 'rules' you've set, but can you really trust everyone? It takes just one person to vote differently and it all goes wrong. And what happens then? After this you'll all be leaving. Will you take justice into your own hands and kill the rule-breaker later? Then you'll become a murderer, plain and simple."

"Think of it this way. If everyone publicly wants to vote in a circle, then it's public knowledge that every player will have almost-lethal votes on them. If one person so chooses, they could kill three people by using this knowledge and voting for whoever else they want. If there are just two players who have privately been working together, then they could single-handedly kill everyone else. And then there won't even be witnesses to see that they 'cheated'. That's a very dangerous voting strategy." It seems the Admin is intent on stirring up trouble right at the very end.

"Oh, and I'll kill you if you spy on someone else's vote, Marley." He adds spitefully. "That goes for the rest of you too. Agree on a voting time, then all go to your monitors at once. I'm not Zero - if I see any indication of subversion, I won't hesitate to kill you, even if you claim innocence. Your lives mean nothing to me."

"P-Plus, it's just stupid to act like voting in a circle is a good idea because that means two of us will die!" Fauna 3 speaks up again, addressing the other Faunas.

"Calm down." Fauna 2 advises. "You guys are just clones."

"But that doesn't mean our lives are less valid." Fauna 1 bites her thumb nervously. "And there's no way to tell which one of us is the original."

"It doesn't matter who the original is!" Fauna 3 shouts again. "The life of a clone is just as real as the life of the original! Y-You can't casually talk about murder and say it's ok as long as one of us lives! P-Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm the original..."

The other two Faunas nervously look at their feet, wondering which one of them gets the pleasure to live.

Shy guy

[Actually, I should clarify. The clones aren't 'individuals', to the best of your knowledge. You have one mind, and three bodies. Think of the clones as extra limbs rather than extra people - Replicate Control is about one mind being in control of multiple bodies at once. Arguing with your clones here is exactly equivalent to arguing with yourself about which limb to cut off - no one limb has any 'desire' to not be the one cut off.]

1000% Knight

"It's t-true somebody pushed the button, but hopefully they did it to g-get an advantage, not just to create chaos..." The first Trinity said nervously.

"Voting in a circle d-does open us up to somebody d-doing weird things, but... it's the only way to get everyone out a-alive," Another added.

"I think the only other option would b-be to have everyone vote one person, but... then we'd need to decide who we want to k-kill," the last Trinity finished quietly.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

KamiPanda wrote:
[Actually, I should clarify. The clones aren't 'individuals', to the best of your knowledge. You have one mind, and three bodies. Think of the clones as extra limbs rather than extra people - Replicate Control is about one mind being in control of multiple bodies at once. Arguing with your clones here is exactly equivalent to arguing with yourself about which limb to cut off - no one limb has any 'desire' to not be the one cut off.]

(Oops)

"There's no rule that we can't vote for a dead person, right? Though I doubt Admin #1 would let that fly. I guess you were right, Trinity--we should've let Jack live for this moment."

1000% Knight

"If we couldn't do it for the other l-lynching phases, I doubt we can do it here..."

Gettin' Old!

Marley chuckled at the Faunas arguing with themselves.

"Ah know ah worried about that for a while but it seems summah us 're just drones." He said gesturing to Bring Marley whose eyes went blank and vacant for a moment as consciousness left him before picking up again.

"Ah've just been playing at arguing with mahsel fer the fun of it. Though does make me wonder what Zero did with the consciousness of the other clones." Bling Marley said with a shrug

"Ah also wouldn't worry about Iota. Like Amber said, Zero in 'is benevolence swapped with Iota at the last second." Marley continued lighting a cigarette "Lucky b*****d might already be at the car waiting for us." He chuckled scratching his chin.

"Course...I got an idea...but its not for the squeamish." Marley said slowly as he reached into his jacket and produced an elegant-looking handgun with a silencer clearly affixed.

"Y'all stay calm now and listen to what I's got to say." Marley Prime said as the other two positioned themselves in front of him. One holding up the painting comically as a shield.

"Seems wes got too many votes here. Just so happens I got 15 bullets to fix that." Marley prime continued.

"Ah could...shoot everyone but one of us in the head...leaving us with one vote each." Marley took a long draw of his cigarette. "Dat way even if two folks do decide to betray...dey can only do so much damage to us...and then the survivors can sort em out after." He finished, all three Marley's keeping their eyes on the others.

"Jus'....stay calm now. Ain' gonna use dis gun if ah don't have to." Bling Marley added drawing his bottle of alcohol. Ready to lash out if people rushed them.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Jen listened to Marley's idea and thought about it for a while.

"It's sad that his idea is probably the best course of action right now. It's a pretty crazy idea but it might just work." Jen 1 said.

1000% Knight

"Well, we should c-confirm whether doing that will actually reduce the number of votes available. If we still have 20 votes with 7 lives l-left..." One of the Trinitries trailed off.

"I can't say I like the idea, b-but... if everyone else thinks we should do it..." Another said.

Shy guy

The Admin was silent for a few moments, then chuckled despite himself. "Even now you never cease to surprise me. Sure, you could do that if you really wanted. I'd think it pretty difficult to pull the trigger, but if anyone dies prematurely here, their vote will indeed not be counted. #2 and #4 are in here with me, and they are loving the sound of this."

Gettin' Old!

"Well, ye should know jus' how wily ah can be." Marley Prime replied to the admin. "Still ah'm also interested to know if Protection Tokens still have an effect 'ere. By mah reckonin' Trin should still have one aye?" he asked looking over towards her.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

"Nope. The Tokens are useless now." #1 replies.

"Anyway, let's get to the point. Are there any objections or not?" Jen #2 asked everyone else.

Shy guy

[Just a heads up, it will be clear if you try to vote before everyone's ready, as they will simply be able to see you heading to the booth.]

"Can't say that I like that you were hiding a gun from us this entire time, but yeah I guess I'm ok with the idea. Just shoot your clones first and aim for the head please."

Gettin' Old!

Marley clicked his tongue "Wid make me a target if'n I did aye? When we busted into the armoury I grabbed it then. Ye've probably been hiding that glass knife I gave ye back in the first room ye've got right now so makes sense. I'll kill one of my clones first and den last, just in case folks try and mess up the process. If y'all agree wid dis den best decide which one of ye ya want to live the rest of yer life as." he said lighting a cigarette for his clones.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

"Maybe Jen should d-do it?" Trinity suggested. "She's a cop, so I think she's the most t-trustworthy, and probably has the skills to make, uh, 'it' as q-quick and painless and possible. We should also have two p-people--I guess Turbo and Cube--right there in case the shooter t-tries to do anything..."

Gettin' Old!

"If ya don' trust me, ah guess that's fine. So long as we all go in with only one dat's what matters. She might 'ave her own gun anyway seein' how she went in da armoury as well." Marley suggested relaxing a little more seeing that people were staying calm.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Nah, I actually don't have any weapon on me. I had one with one bullet but it disappeared, but I don't.. uh.. have any objections.. to what Trinity said." Jen #1 spoke.

All of Cube's bodies sighed at the same time, seeing how there was seemingly not any sane way left to end the game.

"I guess...if we do go through with the plan, I still have a gun on me. So it really isn't in anyone's best interest to try doing anything weird...still, we can't start without making sure everyone agrees with this."

"Also..." Another Cube started speaking. "Wouldn't it be better for everyone if whoever killed Iota confessed and said their reasons? Same with the person who pushed the button. That way we wouldn't have to worry about doubting the others...at least not as much."
Signature loading, please wait...

"Hmm.. nevermind, I do still have said gun." Jen #3 checks her pockets and finds a gun. She takes it out and unloads the magazine, showing one bullet. Jen #3 then pockets the same gun.

"I also have Fauna's red glass knife." Jen #2 shows said knife, pocketing it yet again.

Pierre wrote:
Marley clicked his tongue "Wid make me a target if'n I did aye? When we busted into the armoury I grabbed it then. Ye've probably been hiding that glass knife I gave ye back in the first room ye've got right now so makes sense. I'll kill one of my clones first and den last, just in case folks try and mess up the process. If y'all agree wid dis den best decide which one of ye ya want to live the rest of yer life as." he said lighting a cigarette for his clones.

"No, I wasn't hiding it. I told Jen I had it and gave it to her. And then you advised me to get rid of my weapon when I brought it up, just seems a bit hypocritical."

Fauna addresses Trinity. "No, I think Marley is the one who should shoot all of us. Not that I think he's trustworthy but...sigh, look it's a 'good' idea, he's the one who brought it up, and he hadn't done anything with the gun so far. I am a little suspicious of the gun given that it has 15 bullets, seems a little too much of a game changer if it weren't used for this purpose now. But to be frank, I don't trust Jen to do it. Cube's right, we don't know who killed Iota, and we don't know who pushed the button. If Trinity and Jen killed that Caulderwood and covered it up, they'd also have a motive to kill Iota. Yes, it's completely speculatory but we can't take a chance right now. Two people here are in collusion and Trinity and Jen are the only ones with a history besides me and Mari, and I know we didn't kill Iota...or at least she didn't do it with me."

Fauna shrugged. "I'd feel better if we had confessions, then we could be sure of who to trust. Iota was not innocent, yet his killers are still hiding so I doubt they had good intentions."

Gettin' Old!

Marley looked up at the ceiling. "Don' suppose you'd do us a favour with this vote? Since wes bein so entertaining" Marley asked "Could ya tell us whether someone had their 'shield' used up or not after the vote?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"No. More entertaining that way, hmm?" Comes the reply.

1000% Knight

"My suggestion about letting Jen do it w-wasn't really about not trusting Marley, it was more about letting the most skilled shooter do it," Trinity explained. "It'd be, um, pretty b-bad if somebody was shot but not killed. That's also why I said Turbo and C-Cube should be right by the shooter when they do it. If the shooter wanted to pull something, I don't think they'd b-be able to take down two people in enough time, and have two people stops the other one from s-stealing the gun. Marley could also g-give the bullets to Jen two at a time, so that she c-can't go on a shooting spree regardless."

EDIT: "...That's another point, if s-somebody votes the other way, we won't know who it is. If we vote in a circle with all our c-clones, without killing any of them ourselves, there's more potential for havoc, but w-we'll know who did it."

Gettin' Old!

Marley smiled, it had been as expected.

"Sure, more 'entertaining' may be right." He said lighting a fresh cigarette.

"Well perhaps we should take some more light hearted questions since yer mood 'as improved somewhat. Amber said we should talk to you about them."

All three Marleys let out a puff of smoke at the same time. "What connection do ye admins actually have to us?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"Yeah, guess I should say at least that much. You should know about S.H.I.F.T.ing and other aspects of Morphogenetic Field Theory by now." #1 begins. "Well, Admins 1-7 are clones of participants 1-7. Or more specifically, their minds are. See, Zero took DNA from each of you and then made clones of you all. These clones were raised right here in this mansion - we could never go outside the bounds of the Liddell land to avoid complications, so we had everything we needed located here instead, even a pool. Each of us began our growth at a time such that in the year 2100 we'd all be the same ages you are now. Then, a few hours ago in the current timeline, we S.H.I.F.T.ed not with our past selves, but with our originals, you lot. Because our bodies were identical - made to be identical, in fact, down to scars, hormone levels, training, even alcoholism - your minds accepted the swap and ended up here, ready for the game. A perfect kidnapping."

"Meanwhile, each of the minds of the 'main' clones - the clones that did the swapping, the C0s - ended up in your original bodies, back in the past. We then found ways to leave the current lives of these bodies and head to the mansion to help prepare the project. This was harder for #2 - he had to stay on as a wrestler for years before he could retire without suspicion. And #5 had to masquerade as Marigold for Fauna's benefit. But anyway, that happened, we grew old, and here we are. The Admins are your original bodies grown old, with the minds of the C0 clones in them."

"I suppose that explains why Mari was so cold to me all these years..." Fauna shakes her head and goes back to the concern at hand. "I don't think the skill of the shooter is a huge concern. As long as Marley presses the gun right to our heads, there shouldn't be an issue right?"

1000% Knight

"Is that a risk you r-really want to take?" Trinity asked.

Gettin' Old!

Marley laughed dryly "Y'know ah've not had a drink in a fair while? Mankinds knack for technology has made it mighty simple for even a drunk like me to kill with a gun. Even if I somehow miss, there's more bullets to fix that." He said gesturing with the gun.

"Also aye...this way only limits the damage. People can still flawlessly kill th'others without trouble of bein recognised but they'll only get like one." A forlorn look of concern passed over his face "Worry fer me is, that some folks ain't taken too kindly to me. That...and there might be some chaotic lunatic amongst Sally, Mari and Fauna that would jump at the chance to murder someone after what happened in tha vault."

Looking at the ceiling Marley grimaced "So ya stole our lives and dropped us off here. Then ya waited until this moment when we wake up and you run this test on us right?" Marley said trying to make sense of it. "Danny had been busy, guess ye ain't us after all. What accounts fer the really dysfunctional attitudes some of ye have though? Ye've got a clear head on yer shoulders, Amber tae but 2 and 5 and maybe Jens counterpart were pretty twisted."

"An if Zero's dead why even keep us here? Da man has ran your whole life for dis plan! Yer free of him now so what's there to gain by not just letting us go?" Marley asked, a hint of desperation in his voice.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"This is just a formality, but it'll help to see where everyone stands. I vote Marley's proposal. Pending any confessions from others."

Gettin' Old!

Marley nodded "Ah well obviously ah agree with mah own proposal here but..." Marley looked off to the side.

"Ah feel that if we do this and anyone gets killed...then we should shoot all tha Vault team jus' t'be sure?" Marley suggested tentatively "In an ideal world it won' happen but dere's no denying one of you three tried to murder a whole lot of us without any justifiable reason." He said seriously. "Hopefully just the threat of all out murder would be enough to make the perp toe the line in voting. Gettin' out of here is most important but ah don't want to let any murderous tendencies go unaddressed. Especially if they could be a danger once we get outta 'ere."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

"What?! That's r-ridiculous!" Trinity exclaimed. "Even if someone votes out of line, it could be anyone, not just someone from the vault t-team. If someone wants to eliminate other people, then killing more p-people off will just do what they want. Plus, even though anyone could vote out of line, if you're worried about p-people who have done bad things in the past, there are s-still the people who voted Iota, who could be anyone."

Gettin' Old!

Marley scratched the back of his head somewhat ashamedly "Aye ah know ah know...ah take it back." He sighed "Couldn't vote ta punish an innocent back den when it happened. Don't sit well with me doin' it now. Ah was jus'...scared." He admitted morosely shaking his head. "Forget ah said anything." He muttered eager to change the subject.

"Say admin? What was tha weird device Mari was carrying actually for eh?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Marley's right when he says somebody tried to kill a whole bunch of us, but going for all out murder isn't really going to accomplish anything." Jen #2 said.

Jen # then followed the previous statement. "By the way, if you shoot someone in the head, it isn't always an instant kill, if you can't use weaponry efficiently then you might end up not hitting a vital area and leaving someone in a whole lot of pain."

Gettin' Old!

Marley was perplexed that THIS was the part of his plan that was the most complex. "Aye maybe but we all got one consciousness. Just gotta ignore the ones getting killed den you won't feel no pain. Vacate the body so t'speak."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Pierre wrote:
"What accounts fer the really dysfunctional attitudes some of ye have though? Ye've got a clear head on yer shoulders, Amber tae but 2 and 5 and maybe Jens counterpart were pretty twisted."

"Ha! Well, this isn't a typical environment to raise children in. Steps had to be taken to ensure we'd all end up exactly like our originals, at least when it came to our bodies. #2 and #4 spent much of their time training with weapons and hand-to-hand combat, and became rather enthusiastic. #5, #6 and I all helped with the various technical aspects of the project. #3, meanwhile, had very little in the way of responsibilities."

"That medical room is where we'd go to have our hormone levels balanced, scars inflicted, that sort of thing. It's a place with... many bad memories. But hopefully you'll see how that sort of thing led to us being the way we are."

Pierre wrote:
"An if Zero's dead why even keep us here? Da man has ran your whole life for dis plan! Yer free of him now so what's there to gain by not just letting us go?"

"Hmph, maybe you've misunderstood something. All of us - all the Admins - have literally spent our entire lives working on this project. We're even more invested in this than perhaps even Daniel was. Don't you dare suggest that I'm not so committed that I'd let you go before it's all over."

Pierre wrote:
"Say admin? What was tha weird device Mari was carrying actually for eh?"

"I think you'll find out shortly. I'm not sure you'll be happy with the answer, however."

Gettin' Old!

Marley frowned clearly disconcerted by the fact that Mari's little device would supposedly bring more misery to them. "Well guess, ah'd be pretty crazy with a dad like Zero too." he said lighting a fresh cigarette. "Still, we gots to get a move on, an I ain' gonna murder anyone without dere permission." he said looking at the others who hadn't spoken yet.

Looking towards Mari and her clones Marley spoke "Since those things seem like they could jus' be trouble down the line d'ya think we should maybe toss em here?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

[To avoid complications based on activity, I'm going to assume by default that everyone agrees with Marley's plan. So you'll need to specify that you aren't okay with it if that's the case. You can do so privately, if you'd like, at which point I can make a non-specific public comment to indicate that a consensus has yet to be reached.]

[Also, please do be very careful about voting, or more specifically, not doing so. It would suck to die just because you weren't active.]

Gettin' Old!

Marley smoked furiously clearly a little frustrated at Turbos protracted silence.

"Right well...here's how ah'm thinking we vote since we's running out of time."

Fauna>Marley
Marley>Cube
Cube>Mari
Mari>Turbo
Turbo>Trinity
Trinity>Jen
Jen>Fauna

"That way we all soak up each other's votes." All three Marleys flicked their cigarettes away in unison. "Maybe once tha pain of death ain't hanging over everyone, folks wid be more willing to talk about what went on 'ere." He said eyeing the others.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 26 of 32 [ 1262 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus