Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 37 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 2 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

Just a guy online.

Collin1002 wrote:
"Well, your tome has a number of spells... including size changing. Shrinking your body likely would make sneaking about much easier. I'm not accusing you, but... Ivan's theory is correct, I believe. The killer must have shrunken themselves." Despite saying this, he was clearly a bit suspicious of Nail.

"You can feel free to suspect me if you so wish. Just know that it is a waste of time and you are barking up the wrong tree, as it were. I had no hand in this scenario beyond the one I have already described, being that I gave her the lucky charm."

Just another day.

JesusMonroe wrote:
“I don’t see what the point would be. By the time she grew to full-size, the wound would be a ‘normal’ one. At worst, we wouldn’t be able to identify the weapon that caused it.” Benjamin shrugged at Ivan and Shizune. “And it’s not like the spear did a great job of covering up the current wound, we could tell there two of them.”

"wait...brat you made me think of something, she had the amulet around her neck right and marks around her neck, if she had been shrunk, what if she had been unshrunk and had the amulet grown on around her neck, if she died from being strangled by it then all that would need to happen is to use the spear to make it look like she was killed by being stabbed.

fella

SaizotheSixth wrote:
Collin1002 wrote:
"Well, your tome has a number of spells... including size changing. Shrinking your body likely would make sneaking about much easier. I'm not accusing you, but... Ivan's theory is correct, I believe. The killer must have shrunken themselves." Despite saying this, he was clearly a bit suspicious of Nail.

"You can feel free to suspect me if you so wish. Just know that it is a waste of time and you are barking up the wrong tree, as it were. I had no hand in this scenario beyond the one I have already described, being that I gave her the lucky charm."

"And the lucky charm you gave her was around her arm at first, yes? But when we found the body, it was around her neck. As Matt here said, perhaps she was strangled with it. Could it be perhaps a coincidence that she was killed with it... or part of the murderer's plan?" Oliver asked Nail. Now he was completely suspicious of him.

“Then why two stab wounds if she were strangled? And didn’t Klifford say that it didn’t kill her?” Benjamin grabbed his head, not being able to make sense of it all.

Benjamin then crossed his arms and looked at Nail. “Alright, listen. You can claim you’re not the killer. And right now, I don’t have any strong reason to think so.” He pulled the amulet out of his shirt, displaying it. “But you and I both know that this thing is not just a ‘lucky charm’, and I’m willing to bet that it had something to do with how Charlie died. So what is it?”

"There are other things that are unresolved as well," Ivan sighed. "Namely the curse, and your attack. It's hard to imagine those are unrelated to Mrs. Church's case."

Shizune scratched her head.

Code:
To Mr. Bledsoe,

If Ms. Church were shrunken, it would be much easier to slay her, as well as avoid spilling a lot of blood that would indicate where the murder took place.

I admit the theory has problems, though; namely, that a shrinking spell would require an additional magical circle to cast.

Sincerely,
Shizune Takata

Just a guy online.

JesusMonroe wrote:
“Then why two stab wounds if she were strangled? And didn’t Klifford say that it didn’t kill her?” Benjamin grabbed his head, not being able to make sense of it all.

Benjamin then crossed his arms and looked at Nail. “Alright, listen. You can claim you’re not the killer. And right now, I don’t have any strong reason to think so.” He pulled the amulet out of his shirt, displaying it. “But you and I both know that this thing is not just a ‘lucky charm’, and I’m willing to bet that it had something to do with how Charlie died. So what is it?”

"Not a clue, unfortunately. All I know is what's already been described; that it is an amulet with the power to control minds. Beyond that, not even I can tell you what it is or what it can do, or even what the limitations are. My knowledge may be vast, but all things concerning magic are... complicated at the best of times and downright unfeasible to walk through in a limited timeframe at the worst." Nail shrugged again. "As to which this is, I know not. I do not have a clear answer for this one."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"There are other things that are unresolved as well," Ivan sighed. "Namely the curse, and your attack. It's hard to imagine those are unrelated to Mrs. Church's case."

At that, Nail's face grew solemn. "Were it truly my action and my action alone that cursed everyone, I would bow my head and ask forgiveness before all gathered here. But 'twas not mine hand that moved, nor mine voice that spoke. I will explain what I can later, but first I must request that we solve this case. I do not know if the actions taken are related or not, but something tells me that they may simply be red herrings."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Shizune scratched her head.

Code:
To Mr. Bledsoe,

If Ms. Church were shrunken, it would be much easier to slay her, as well as avoid spilling a lot of blood that would indicate where the murder took place.

I admit the theory has problems, though; namely, that a shrinking spell would require an additional magical circle to cast.

Sincerely,
Shizune Takata

"...Well, if the shrink spell was used in the meeting room, magic circle and all...and subsequently the murder..."

Ivan violently whipped out his baton and pointed it at Sebastian. "...then it could only be you, Sebastian! You had the perfect chance to clean anything you needed to. No one would have thought twice about it."

Shy guy

"Hmm... Didn't the killer need access to the camera, though?" Seb replied, as calm as ever even under duress. "In any case, there's no way I could have killed her. Killing someone is the absolute last thing I would ever want to do."

Just a guy online.

Nail considered it for a moment, then nodded slowly. "Yes... that is correct. Being a compulsive cleaner, no one would bat an eye at Sebastian doing anything regarding such actions. So he could easily claim he was cleaning the meeting hall the entire time... which he was. Though perhaps not in the way we originally thought..."

"Also, there is a way to attain the camera. Namely, using a die. No one would notice if, say, someone used a die to steal a flute, and then pinned it on Charlie... or snuck a camera away for a moment."

fella

"The camera could have been grabbed from the armory while I was in the secret room," Oliver said, crossing his arms. He wasn't sure what to think anymore.

SaizotheSixth wrote:
"Not a clue, unfortunately. All I know is what's already been described; that it is an amulet with the power to control minds. Beyond that, not even I can tell you what it is or what it can do, or even what the limitations are. My knowledge may be vast, but all things concerning magic are... complicated at the best of times and downright unfeasible to walk through in a limited timeframe at the worst." Nail shrugged again. "As to which this is, I know not. I do not have a clear answer for this one."

"Wrong amulet. This is the one you gave to Charlie."
CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...Well, if the shrink spell was used in the meeting room, magic circle and all...and subsequently the murder..."

Ivan violently whipped out his baton and pointed it at Sebastian. "...then it could only be you, Sebastian! You had the perfect chance to clean anything you needed to. No one would have thought twice about it."

"Really now?" Benjamin thought about the theory for a moment. "That's... well all I can really say is that it seems like the most probable scenario at the moment."
KamiPanda wrote:
"In any case, there's no way I could have killed her. Killing someone is the absolute last thing I would ever want to do."

"Not that I'm one to divulge a private conversation, but that wasn't the impression you gave me earlier this week. Unless I misinterpreted."

"Allow me to weigh in on that matter, as I was present at the time," Ivan said with his eyes closed, regarding the interaction between Sebastian and Charlie. "Sebastian was...uncharacteristically aggressive, in my opinion. However, I cannot say for sure that his aggression was used as a tool to get Mrs. Church to leave. I think Nail is onto something, though."

Shy guy

JesusMonroe wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:
"In any case, there's no way I could have killed her. Killing someone is the absolute last thing I would ever want to do."

"Not that I'm one to divulge a private conversation, but that wasn't the impression you gave me earlier this week. Unless I misinterpreted."

Seb nodded. "I think you misinterpreted. There are... many things I might do if need be. But killing is not one of them."

Just a guy online.

JesusMonroe wrote:
SaizotheSixth wrote:

"Wrong amulet. This is the one you gave to Charlie."

"Odd. I could've sworn the amulet-- Ah, wait, that's correct. Belphegor. My apologies, Sir Benjamin, allow me to correct my earlier statement." Nail bowed his head to Ben, then straightened. "As to what that one is, I couldn't tell you. As you can clearly see, any inscriptions on it have long since been worn away. Any knowledge I could possibly glean from it has therefore been lost. So, once again, I do not have a clear answer for you."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Allow me to weigh in on that matter, as I was present at the time," Ivan said with his eyes closed, regarding the interaction between Sebastian and Charlie. "Sebastian was...uncharacteristically aggressive, in my opinion. However, I cannot say for sure that his aggression was used as a tool to get Mrs. Church to leave. I think Nail is onto something, though."

"If after talking to Oliver he realized Charlie stole his flute, then Sebastian could've possibly suspected that Charlie stole his gloves. But that's no reason to kill someone, unless they have some sentimental value. But even then, I doubt he'd go that far." Benjamin shook his head. "No, I think we have too many uncovered details. I can accept Charlie possibly being stabbed with a pen, but I'm not married to the idea. And we still don't have an explanation for the bruising or the item Charlie claimed was stolen from her."

"Indeed. Of course, I will take full responsibility if my theory against Sebastian is incorrect. However, let's take a look at what we know. Sebastian and I are the only ones who heard the whining noise. Unless Nail or Oliver are lying, which is in the realm of possibility, that would assume Mrs. Church was close to us. The suspicious empty jewelry box...if a shrink spell were used, that would have been an ideal spot to hide Mrs. Church. There would need to be a magic circle inscribed, which Sebastian had the opportunity to create and clean at will."

Ivan put away his baton and crossed his arms. "That is what I believe. I think it's also possible the picture was somehow taken while Mrs. Church was in the box. After all, there is a strange lack of grey colored walls within this building, what with all the inner decor. If the camera had the chance to be shrunken alongside Mrs. Church and the killer, then that would have been completely possible."

"But to prove it...is one other thing entirely. I am currently drawing a blank as to where to proceed from here."

Shy guy

"Of course you are," Seb said, crossing his arms. "You can't prove something that isn't true," he argued, almost childishly. "Without evidence, you have nothing."

"Let's clarify your timeline a bit then, Ivan." Benjamin said confidently. "By the time you met with Seb, he had to have already cleaned the circle. This seems very possible given his talent. But there's no reason at all he shouldn't have killed Charlie by this point. Fact of the matter is, once the picture was taken, he was free to kill her. Leaving her alive only made it more likely he could be caught as she tried to call for help."

Just another day.

Matt scratched his head trying to figure out what was what.
"I think we should use a lifeline, we can argue all day out of our asses speculating this crap, lot of possibilities due to this magic shit, I think if we use one to find out where the bloody hell this damn photo was taken we can figure all this shit out."

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Let's clarify your timeline a bit then, Ivan." Benjamin said confidently. "By the time you met with Seb, he had to have already cleaned the circle. This seems very possible given his talent. But there's no reason at all he shouldn't have killed Charlie by this point. Fact of the matter is, once the picture was taken, he was free to kill her. Leaving her alive only made it more likely he could be caught as she tried to call for help."

"That can't be possible," Ivan replied. "Mrs. Church being killed by the time we met, I mean. Belphegor just confirmed the voice we heard was Mrs. Church."

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sock

“I agree with that drunk over there,” Bennett hangs his head. “Frankly, all of this magic shit is too much to wrap my head around. Even if we don’t strictly need it, it could clarify some stuff for us.”

CaptainPancakes wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

"That can't be possible," Ivan replied. "Mrs. Church being killed by the time we met, I mean. Belphegor just confirmed the voice we heard was Mrs. Church."

"I'm aware she wasn't killed by that point." Benjamin nodded. "What I'm asking is why?"

JesusMonroe wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

"I'm aware she wasn't killed by that point." Benjamin nodded. "What I'm asking is why?"

"I see. That's...true, isn't it?"

Ivan crossed his arms, deep in thought.

"Well...maybe we can think of it like this. Mrs. Church's body was found in the river, correct? Is there...maybe a reason it would have to have ended up there?"

Sock

“What possible reason could there be?” Bennett frowned. “There’s nothing special about that river, and I don’t see why her body ending up there doesn’t mean she couldn’t have died earlier.”

"I cannot say." Benjamin sighed. "But it's possible our understanding of the case is limited by our understanding of the shrinking spell. Perhaps the subject grows shortly after death, for example. That alone would explain it, but that's just a guess."

"Well...we also know that the killer used my spear to lodge it into Mrs. Church, which I had left outside...if the killer is Sebastian, he'd not only have gone to the river but to where I had left the spear."

Ivan sighed, lowering his head.

"...Although I can't see how that's relevant right now. As I deliberate on this further, I am growing less and less sure of myself..."

Code:
Dear Stars,

We seem to be reaching an impasse. Are there any other questions or unexplained pieces of evidence we could consider?

Yours truly,
Shizune Takata

She threw what might have been a somewhat anxious glance at Seb as she typed.

"We don't have all the missing die explained, among Charlie's missing item. We don't have an explanation for Charlie's bruising. The shrinking is just a theory, but if we assume it's true and the killer isn't Seb then they needed a way to clean the circle. But it's possible the circle was just something made in nature..." Benjamin rambled for a bit. "Either way, the shrinking could just be a theory in which case there would be no circle and we'd also need to consider the murder weapon. The amulet could also be relevant, but it could mean nothing."

He thought for some more in silence. "I suppose the bruising could be the result of choking somebody to the point unconsciousness. There'd be no reason for Charlie to simply stand in a circle and get a spell cast on her, so it stands to reason that she was unconscious during the time. Perhaps she's bruised in the photo..."

Just another day.

Matt at that moment had an apiffany.
"Brat you mentioned the missing dice right? I think i know the murder weapon now...sort of...I think it was her missing item, killer might have used it to kill her then use the dice to get rid of it."

Last edited by Cold52 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Code:
Dear Stars,

Could a magic circle be drawn in the snow? If so, that would be easy enough to destroy later.

Yours truly,
Shizune Takata

"THE SHRINKING SPELL WOULD KEEP THE TARGET SHRUNK UNTIL A KEY PHRASE IS SAID."

Belphegor thinks to himself.

"I think you all should consider what was found in the fireplace."

"What was found in the fireplace..? There were some sheets of paper that read '-00.' Or something that looked like that, anyways..."

"Was the paper burnt on both ends? Perhaps the message said 'Robin Hood', but I don't see how that helps us solve anything."

Just another day.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"What was found in the fireplace..? There were some sheets of paper that read '-00.' Or something that looked like that, anyways..."

"Yea, which means that the note we found is possibly part of what the full word to undo the damn spell is."

Cold52 wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Yea, which means that the note we found is possibly part of what the full word to undo the damn spell is."

"It was in the fireplace to conceal what the keyword actually was, right?"

Ivan scratched his head. "Or maybe not. Even if the killer isn't Sebastian, I don't think someone would be so sloppy to leave something like that behind. If it was being burned, the killer would make sure the evidence was completely destroyed, I would think."

Just another day.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Cold52 wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"It was in the fireplace to conceal what the keyword actually was, right?"

Ivan scratched his head. "Or maybe not. Even if the killer isn't Sebastian, I don't think someone would be so sloppy to leave something like that behind. If it was being burned, the killer would make sure the evidence was completely destroyed, I would think."

"Maybe the person who burned it didn't have enough time to burn it fully or properly?"

"If we're trying to discover the meaning of that paper, perhaps we should just test the spell ourselves."

Ivan stepped away from his booth and walked over to Belphegor.

"...I would like to volunteer myself to test the shrinking spell. If that is allowed, of course."

Just a guy online.

Nail had been standing quietly, focused on something not quite there, his lips moving silently. All at once, his eyes snapped to attention, and he looked to Benjamin.

"Sir Benjamin, I believe I may have additional information on that amulet I gave as a lucky charm, but I will need to inspect it closer. Do you mind if I attain it for a moment? It is important to do so before Sir Ivan is tested upon."

Happy Maria

Benjamin gives Nail a strange look at his request, but doesn't seem opposed to it. "I suppose we don't know what it does entirely, so gaining additional information on it would be useful. No funny business, though", he says, passing the charm to Nail.
Page 37 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus