Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 39 of 78[ 3111 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 78  Next

Re: Danganronpa F2: Prisoner's Dilemma- Ch. 2 Class TrialTopic%20Title

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Excuse my lack of knowledge on antique guns, but when a gun misfires, doesn't it damage the gun, or at least waste the bullet?" Mikael inquired.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

“No a gun could misfire for any number of reasons.”

Shy guy

"But if that theory is true, how did Liza intend to shoot them in the dark? By the time she reached the Lounge, I would think the lights were off. Additionally, the gun can't have misfired. Two guns, each holding one bullet, and two victims with gunshot wounds. Each had to have been intentionally shot. Unless you are saying that they made the gun work again after it first misfired."

JesusMonroe wrote:
“No a gun could misfire for any number of reasons.”

"I wasn't asking why it misfired, but rather what happens to a gun when it misfires," Mikael corrected.
100% pure Joy.

“Yes they made the gun work after it misfired. It only failed because the killer got lucky. As for Liza, she brought two guns. Perhaps she planned to use the flash from the first shot to guide the second, or perhaps the lights were on when she went to the RC but off by the time she went to the lounge. It adds up more than the blackened covering up someone else’s murder, and doing the same thing you described with bringing guns to a pitch black lounge.”

ASCEND

Simon says, "Keep in mind that no one knew the lights were going to turn off except Monokuma. Perhaps Liza only planned to shoot the guns, and was unaware that the lights would be off by the time she comitted the murder."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sock

Planetbox wrote:
Simon says, "Keep in mind that no one knew the lights were going to turn off except Monokuma. Perhaps Liza only planned to shoot the guns, and was unaware that the lights would be off by the time she comitted the murder."

Raymond sighs rather loudly. "Monokuma said he didn't tell anyone about the lights. There is a very real chance someone managed to see the lights off at midnight without Monokuma telling them about it."

Shy guy

"Hmm... yes, I think I can agree with his highness's theory." Damien nodded. "Liza already had reason to head to the Lounge and attempt to kill someone, as she knew Rina would be there after having seen the cleaning schedule. This explains why both the blackened and Liza were out of their rooms. In that case, the key to solving the case becomes unravelling the killer's actions after this. Of course, this is something we've gone over multiple times before, to no real avail. Being the Lucky Student may account for their ability to navigate the building in the dark, at least, to put the eel in the fridge and do everything else they did."

ASCEND

Kachu wrote:
Raymond sighs rather loudly. "Monokuma said he didn't tell anyone about the lights. There is a very real chance someone managed to see the lights off at midnight without Monokuma telling them about it."

"So then they came up with an entirely new murder plan in, like, a minute while attempting to perform another one?" Simon asks, "Yeah, that's probably what happened."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sock

Planetbox wrote:
Kachu wrote:

"So then they came up with an entirely new murder plan in, like, a minute while attempting to perform another one?" Simon asks, "Yeah, that's probably what happened."

"They planned their damn plan around it, you idiot. It's not like today is our first day on the second floor."

ASCEND

Kachu wrote:
"They planned their damn plan around it, you idiot. It's not like today is our first day on the second floor."

{I mis-interpreted that post and was about to go and get rid of mine you're such a meanie.}

Sock

Planetbox wrote:
Kachu wrote:

{I mis-interpreted that post and was about to go and get rid of mine you're such a meanie.}

(Love you too bby <3)

Shy guy

"While we're on the topic, Ray, you were up at 00:55 right? It must have been dark then, surely, yet you said you saw the state of all the cells then?" Damien asked.

"No, that's wrong. Monokuma said only the second and above floors' lights are turned off at midnight, except for the RCs," Mikael corrected.
100% pure Joy.

Sock

Raymond nods. "Nothing was off in the halls."

"If it helps at all, I didn't notice anything weird in the hallway when I got up in the morning." Added Veronica. "Then again I wasn't paying too much attention."

[Double post, ignore this please.]

Damien checks the guys' washing, Aria the girls'. Nothing of significance is found.

Monokuma pulls out a match. He lights it up for a few seconds before blowing it out. It's not that bright. Even if it was burning something, you could do it in the dark without someone noticing.

"Luck can only get you so far too," he says. "You can win the lottery with your luck, but you can't complete a military training course without the proper skill. Learn the difference now."

“...it seems he’s suggesting the hitman is responsible? Or that the killer could simply use a match?”

JesusMonroe wrote:
“...it seems he’s suggesting the hitman is responsible? Or that the killer could simply use a match?”

"Maybe not a match, per se," mused Maribelle, "but a torch? Did we ever figure out what the pillowcase was used for? One soaked in some oil or somethin' and wrapped around a rod or somethin' could function as a torch, and leave behind the ash pile. That'd give the killer all the light they needed in order to aim a gun."

“Wouldn’t that leave ash behind in the hallway?” Colin thought. “Perhaps Haikunt was burning her paper or fans, using the pillowcase to collect the ash. When she returned to her RC, she dumped it.”

Monokuma takes out a matchbox. '50 matches inside' is printed. He makes Mikael count them, several times over just to make sure. 49.

"We weren't doubting a match was used, so I can't say this helps us..."

"Does the shitty shota have a working eye under his eyepatch? Perhaps he uses it solely for navigating himself in the dark."

Yuma shrugs and lifts his eyepatch, revealing a clean cut with a missing eye underneath. "Be thankful you're blind."

"Uh, we don't know whether or not Cain could hit a target with the gun but...I suppose I could try? Then we could see if it's possible?"

Monokuma presses a button. Shields go up around all podiums, including for Monokuma and Monomi. A target rises straight ahead of Colin's podium. Monokuma hands him a pistol.

"Fire whenever! You have five shots."

Colin attempts to hit the target. All five shots hit podium shields instead of the intended target.

"Alright, so shootin' someone in the dark, or while blind, is impossible unless ya've got some way to see in the dark, or otherwise know where to shoot." said Maribelle. "Maybe someone's got a light source on 'em right now, hidden on their person? Veronica's and Damien's hats'd be reasonable places to hide a flashlight or somethin'. May I check you two?"

Damien and Veronica remove their hats. Nothing but hair underneath.

"We've already ruled out that Zuzu could light up but...that doesn't mean it couldn't communicate to its wearer the locations of the victims, right?"

JesusMonroe wrote:
"We've already ruled out that Zuzu could light up but...that doesn't mean it couldn't communicate to its wearer the locations of the victims, right?"

Maribelle shrugged. "But how would that work?"

"If the killer couldn't see in the dark, could they have shot accidentally?" Yuma wondered. "Liza just finished strangling Rina, so the killer heared the commotion and got scared or confused, and shot them without seeing. It would explain why the corpses were found near each other." Yuma wondered.

"Wait a second...maybe the killer just used a light." Colin seemed almost...worked up. "It's possible the trashed lounge was just to hide something like a small hole because maybe...the killer just waited in their RC, that neighbored the lounge, and used the lights in there to get off their shot."

ASCEND

"Well, the Ultimate Flautist RC opened onto the lounge..." Simon mumbles, "Uhh... Aria has an alibi... right?""

Shy guy

"There is perhaps another option." Damien suggested. "Thinking of it now, I find it odd that Rina was away from her cell at 23:00, and no-one saw her about at all. Is it possible she was in fact killed earlier than 23:55? Then Liza comes along, before midnight, and the issues relating to light become null and void as all the lights are still on. This feels like the only valid solution right now for getting around the light problem, as we've no evidence for alternate light sources, and it seems clear that Liza was indeed killed in the Lounge."

Ultimate Flautist RC appears to be untouched.

Killer would have no way of knowing lights would work in that room after all.

Maribelle sighed. "Welp, if we've got no indication of an outside light source, and the crime takes place at the place and time we've assumed, then someone must have a way of seein' in the dark. Only people with glasses, far as I can tell, are Damien and the late Ms. Frye, and the only other person with crazy eyewear is Yuma, who has... shall we say, demonstrated that what's under his eyepatch ain't useful. For the sake o' rulin it out-- Damien, could I have a look at yer glasses? Check for any nightvision shenanigans?"

Shy guy

"Monokuma, you told us no-one had been informed that lights would go off past midnight. Is it possible someone found out about this themselves at some point in the past few days?" Damien asked.

"If no-one knew the lights would go off, they had even less reason to bring some form of portable light with them."

MechaQdogg wrote:
Maribelle sighed. "Welp, if we've got no indication of an outside light source, and the crime takes place at the place and time we've assumed, then someone must have a way of seein' in the dark. Only people with glasses, far as I can tell, are Damien and the late Ms. Frye, and the only other person with crazy eyewear is Yuma, who has... shall we say, demonstrated that what's under his eyepatch ain't useful. For the sake o' rulin it out-- Damien, could I have a look at yer glasses? Check for any nightvision shenanigans?"

"I suppose it's worth ruling it out. Go ahead."

“I think it’s safe to say that since Monokuma shared that info, we can assume nobody learned about the lights on their own either. So we need to consider how the killer committed this crime—either without light or an improvised light source. Rina showing up early seems possible but doesn’t get us anywhere.”

Shy guy

"I still believe they did the crime before midnight." Damien said. "Which very simply solves the problem by bypassing it entirely. I don't see any other solution that properly deals with the issue."

"If this is true, doesn't it significantly round down the list of potential suspects?"
Page 39 of 78 [ 3111 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 78  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus