Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 59 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch2 Class Trial)Topic%20Title

“Are you kidding me?” Jack slapped his face. “Come on guys. It’s me. Jack. I wouldn’t kill anyone.”

"Mister Marlowe? Is it really you?" Florian asks with a look of concern. "Can't you say anything better to explain your case?"

fella

Bryan looked at the joint Jack handed him before simply tossing it aside and stomping it out. "No offense, but I don't plan on smoking..." He then looks over at Jack, running a hand through his hair. "And you really do look suspicious, honestly... Do you have anything to say in your defense?"

"You seemed quite willing to execute an innocent with your 'joke' earlier...this is disappointing. I will place my vote now..." Raul said as he voted for Jack.
Signature loading, please wait...

“Alright, fucking stop it!” Jack pleaded. “F-Fine, I’ll tell you guys everything. But just promise not to vote until after I’ve explained everything.” Jack looked at Otto and cupped his hands together. “And let’s just consider the current votes on me rescinded, yeah?”

"Hurry the hell up and talk, then!" Urumi snarled. "You're not the only one sick of being here!"

“You guys need to at least let me explain myself. If you still wanna vote then, whatever. It’ll be really stupid and you’ll all die, but whatever.”

“I killed Mitzi. I tried to get away with it because…I’m the one who brought you all here.” 

[Cant post more until later. Pls don’t actually vote for me yet]

ASCEND

"..."

Otto stares at Jack and then looks around at the rest of the students. The metal plates he uses for eyelids seem to twitch.

"Forgive me everyone, but my warranty is too short to deal with this mess of a trial anymore. If you want to turn in any more votes for Mr. Marlowe, leave them over there."

A recycling bin emerges out of the floor in the corner of the room as a small hatch opens in the late window at the back of the trial room. Otto flies out of the hatch and disappears.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Oh, sure, HE gets to leave..." Urumi grumbled under her breath.

“Whatever.” Jack shrugged at Otto. “I always knew you didn’t like me anyway.”

"So what's the deal, anyway?" Urumi turned a skeptical eye to the self-proclaimed mastermind. "YOU'RE the one behind this whole stupid thing? And now you're just confessing?"

"You...say you're the mastermind?" Koichi asked, genuinely confused. "A-And you actually committed murder?"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"So what's the deal, anyway?" Urumi turned a skeptical eye to the self-proclaimed mastermind. "YOU'RE the one behind this whole stupid thing? And now you're just confessing?"

“Huh?” Jack seemed genuinely confused. “Oh, whoopsie. I meant ‘brought you here’ in like a...metaphysical sense? I guess you could say I’m still the mastermind in a way though. I don’t know, you guys got too pissed at me last time I explained it anyway.”

JesusMonroe wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

“Huh?” Jack seemed genuinely confused. “Oh, whoopsie. I meant ‘brought you here’ in like a...metaphysical sense? I guess you could say I’m still the mastermind in a way though. I don’t know, you guys got too pissed at me last time I explained it anyway.”

"Last time you explained it..?"

Koichi stared at Jack nervously. "Y-You're under the influence, aren't you..? You are what kids describe as a sensation known as 'tripping,' no?"

"The last time...?" Raul seethed at Jack's vague words. "If you want to be able to explain anything to anyone again, you better start talking now."
Signature loading, please wait...

Happy Maria

James scowled. "Are you the mastermind or are you mastering your high, you mediocre heathen?! Just get this over with already!"

Jack sighed, and lit a joint again. He puffed on it. "Alright, fine. All of you are me. You exist in my head." His face wasn't goofy at all. It was completely serious.

"Each of you is just an extension of myself that my subconscious created. This killing game...it's just a story that I guess I made myself a character of. I don't really know why though--the mind is complex, eh? Maybe I'm suicidal?"

He took another puff. "It all started 3 years ago, when I first took Peyote. I realized the truth behind this universe. Fate isn't determined by God, or random chance. It's all my mind: characters and stories of my own creation, all existing to tell me new truths about myself."
CaptainPancakes wrote:
"You...say you're the mastermind?" Koichi asked, genuinely confused. "A-And you actually committed murder?"

“Yeah, I killed her. I think. But it was in self-defense, honest. She came at me ready to kill me, and she’s done it before so…” Jack shuddered at the bad memory. “Anyway, I had to cover up the crime. If I was found out as the blackened, I’d die. And then all of you would die, cause you’ll all cease to exist without me. It was all good intentions."

Koichi shook his head. "W-We are not fake...we are..."

He sighed. "Can you be more detailed...with your alleged murder of Mitzi?"

fella

"... Okay, excuse me, what the FUCK?!" Bryan looked completely confounded before shaking his head side-to-side. "That's impossible! I think you've had one too many joints... Either that, or those hallucinations in those meds doc gave ya are really strong..."

"Oh yeah, Mitzi? It was very weird. I totally electrocuted her. Honestly Rinea's fake autopsy was so weird cause I thought it was more likely I hallucinated the whole experience than that she lied for...no reason. So I thought I might not be the killer for a lot of the trial. And now I think I am...maybe. Eh, I'll let you decide. Here's what happened:"

Spoiler: Jack's Memories
Jack stepped out of the ticket booth. He saw a deflated whale on the ground and walked towards it, curious. He looks inside of it: there's a shower curtain. He unwraps it...

Mitzi. Lying among the wreckage.

She stands up.

"H-Huh?" Jack screams. He quickly dodges a noose of IV wire, which was aimed to wrap around his neck.

"I-I have to kill you." Mitzi's eyes were absolutely determined. Her voice echoed around Jack in all directions.

She lunges towards him, IV in hand. "Nowhere to run. I'm gonna kill you. It'll be so easy."

"N-No! Please!" Jack yelled. He backs up towards the ticket booth and grabs a handful of wire from the power box and holds out the bare ends towards Mitzi. He closes his eyes.

Everything goes quiet. When he opens his eyes, Mitzi is lying dead as if the whole situation had never happened.

"That's it. I mean, you guys only have my word that that's true, but that's what I saw. Weird, huh? I think it totally could've been a hallucination. That's what I asked the Doc about earlier with the meds, and she said it's possible! I mean, I've been mixing this with weed too, can't be a good combo for the ol' head. Would definitely make our lives a lot easier."

He awkwardly coughed. "Anyway, I cut her throat with her key after. Just a weak attempt to hide the cause of death. I dumped her body in the river and then brought the curtain into the ticket booth. That's about it."

"That...that is what you're doing? You are just going to confess so easily like that? While self-defense is certainly the best excuse one can have for murder..."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"That...that is what you're doing? You are just going to confess so easily like that? While self-defense is certainly the best excuse one can have for murder..."

"Well, what choice did I have? You guys were pretty determined to vote for me, and all of us would die if that happened." He shakes his head. "At least this way we might find a different truth behind the murder. Or maybe you guys will decide it's smart to not vote for me anyway..?"

JesusMonroe wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Well, what choice did I have? You guys were pretty determined to vote for me, and all of us would die if that happened." He shakes his head. "At least this way we might find a different truth behind the murder. Or maybe you guys will decide it's smart to not vote for me anyway..?"

"W-Well, I certainly can't think of a different truth..."

Koichi rubbed his shoulder. "...Despite all this, I feel greatly unsatisfied...I do not feel as if the solution we've come across is the proper truth...but what else is there?"

"I still think it could've been Circe." Jack shrugged. "Mitzi's body just got dumped among a bunch of live wires. Bzzt. I hallucinated the rest. Simple. A bit unceremonious but it works."

{ignore}

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

[put something witty here]

"...pfft... HAH!" Oscar snorts loudly, having failed to contain himself any longer. "I... A-Ahem... Thank you for clarifying that you're not exactly with us anymore. Even with your life on the line, I'd hoped you could take things seriously. If anything I'm even more convinced that we ought to vote for you and put this whole thing to a close before it gets further out of hand."

fella

"Yeahhhh... Something tells me that we aren't exactly figments of your imagination," Bryan started, tapping his fingers on his podium. "It's probably the drugs talking... and you could've murdered Mitzi by thinking it was self-defense, but it wasn't, and you just hallucinated her attacking you."

Jack winces a bit, when he sees Oscar, remembering the fight. "Ah right. I have no idea why that fight happened by the way. Self-hatred? I don't know, it's been a while since I've Tyler Durden'd myself like that."

"I can't believe this..." Urumi rubbed the bridge of her nose and sighed. "O-okay, so, seriously, try to think," she told Jack. "What did Mitzi look like? What did her IV look like? Any details you remember, I want to hear them."

Koichi rubbed his shoulder. "...I greatly apologize if you are under an assumption that Oscar created. That fight never should have happened...regardless, Urumi is correct. This is a very strange case...is there anything else anyone can think of?"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Koichi rubbed his shoulder. "...I greatly apologize if you are under an assumption that Oscar created. That fight never should have happened...regardless, Urumi is correct. This is a very strange case...is there anything else anyone can think of?"

"Don't apologise for me." Oscar hissed. "I... we can talk about that later. Though I suppose this doesn't prove anything either way, other than we really can't count on Jack for anything concrete when he's... like this."

[I don't have answers to every question and prob won't until I'm told in the morning if there's anything important]

"Oh, and in case it was unclear from my memory description...it seemed like Mitzi woke up right then and it was kind of a 'spur of the moment' decision to kill me."

"Before we continue with voting, I'd like to clear up one thing. Suggest another topic, so to speak...do we not know anything about Mitzi's plans?"

Koichi rubbed his chin. "The way I see it...she was up to something. Otherwise, it would be in character of her to simply take the whale and leave Florian and Irene behind. Why would she feel the need to wrap herself around in a curtain, tie herself up with towels, and go inside the whale's mouth? And then as she awakens, she attacks Jack? Not to mention, she felt the need to disable VAL. Her movements will not make sense to me without a better explanation."

"V.A.L. had followed her into the washroom, yes? I see no reason why she wouldn't put him out of commission to make gathering her materials simpler. And attacking Jack? You heard him prattling on earlier, he's clearly not on the right mind!" Oscar gestures to the boy in question, as if that's all there is to say on that matter.

"The only question that needs explanation is why she was compelled to set herself up in the whale's mouth. I supported the idea, yet... I agree it's a very unusual choice on her part."

"Huh... that's kind of a good point. I mean, we don't even know if she really attacked Jack or he was just flying way too high, but as for the other stuff, maybe she didn't think she would be able to get away from the others unless she did it in secret?" Urumi shrugged. "Or maybe she really did die in the washroom and someone did all that to hide her body."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"I can't believe this..." Urumi rubbed the bridge of her nose and sighed. "O-okay, so, seriously, try to think," she told Jack. "What did Mitzi look like? What did her IV look like? Any details you remember, I want to hear them."

"Hmmm...she looked particularly disheveled. She was lying in an uncomfortable position, and her IV stand was folded up in a weird way. She also didn't move at all until I saw her."

Happy Maria

James frowned slightly, unusually unsurprised by this revelation. "I see. I don't blame you, Mister Mediocre- if I were trapped with these buffoons like I am now, I'd try my hardest to dismiss them as hallucinations as well. In fact, I wish I were. Though at this point, I'm more than ready to vote for you. Really, is there anything not pointing to you at this point?"

Southern Corn wrote:
James frowned slightly, unusually unsurprised by this revelation. "I see. I don't blame you, Mister Mediocre- if I were trapped with these buffoons like I am now, I'd try my hardest to dismiss them as hallucinations as well. In fact, I wish I were. Though at this point, I'm more than ready to vote for you. Really, is there anything not pointing to you at this point?"

"Ah, James. You're a giant asshole but that's what makes me like you. I think you add a pretty nice touch of cast dynamic and flavor to this game."

Jack thought about his question. "Well, I don't know. If I didn't say anything, would you have been able to vote for me? Would there be any evidence pointing to me? For some reason I feel like there should be evidence pointing to the killer, that's usually how mysteries like this go."

Happy Maria

JesusMonroe wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

"Ah, James. You're a giant asshole but that's what makes me like you. I think you add a pretty nice touch of cast dynamic and flavor to this game."

Jack thought about his question. "Well, I don't know. If I didn't say anything, would you have been able to vote for me? Would there be any evidence pointing to me? For some reason I feel like there should be evidence pointing to the killer, that's usually how mysteries like this go."

James gave a strange look at Marlowe for suddenly breaking the fourth wall, but quickly ignored it in favour of his question. "Well, the only reason I was even waiting to vote for you was your ludicrous explanation. Now that I've actually heard it, there is little reason to prolong this farce of a trial. You were the only one at the ticket booth, the only one there at the crime scene. I believe that is decisive enough. Besides, hallucinations or not, you killed Mitzi." He shook his head. "That is something I can never forgive."
Page 59 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus