Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 63 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 4 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

The American Dream

"I really don't like the feelin' o' gettin' shown up by you every five minutes, Seb," Brandy said. "But, at least you keep gettin' us closer to the truth."

She rubbed the back of her neck for a bit, trying to come up with some other half-assed idea. "I'm pretty much outta ideas, boys. I can't really wrap my head 'round this one. Should we use a lifeline for somethin'?"

Shy guy

"I could stay silent if you like. We don't really need that 75% of our lifespan if you think about it," Seb responded with something approaching actual sarcasm.

"I don't think we need a lifeline personally, but, if a lifeline will help everyone else then I see no reason not to try."

The American Dream

"At least you're witty..." Brandy muttered. "Anyway, while we wait for anyone else to say anythin' 'bout a lifeline, I wanna ask you somethin' since I think we both agree the blood is Matt's. How do you s'pose it got where it did? Belphy over there is curious as to what kind of injury we think could be responsible for it n' how Matt would get hurt in the first place. D'you think he could've somehow cut 'imself with the bowie knife?"

Shy guy

"Even if he just got cut, that wouldn't explain how blood also got onto the furnace I think. Honestly nothing comes to mind for me on that question," Seb answered. "Unless Matt somehow thought he could cauterise the wound he got by pressing it against the furnace?"

"It would certainly be possible to cauterize a wound on the furnace by pressing the wound against it."

The American Dream

"So, I guess the next question is how he even cut 'imself in the first place," Brandy said. "He wasn't a complete idiot, so I feel like it wasn't accidental. But if there wasn't a struggle in that room, I guess it would've had to have been on accident. So maybe he was an idiot."

"Oh, really? It's far too big to be accidental, don't you think? How would one lacerate themselves that bad on accident? Sure maybe they'd do something like nick themselves with the knife. Maybe even cut off a fingertip. But a slice that wide is done to someone on purpose."

Just a guy online.

"Jumping back into the conversation for a moment, Ivan seemed to be in a terrible rush when I bumped into him on the way back to my post," Haley said aloud, as if her player had actually been following the trial and not idly playing with himself instead because he's bad at this kind of stuff. "Said something about thinking something went wrong because it's me and all that, which is a fair point, but really, I don't know what he was doing.

"Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, I can confirm myself that Oliver or someone with skill was playing his flute and Sebastian was resting within the timeframe of 12:30 to 12:39. Just in case you still weren't trusting them on their word."

fella

"Ah, you heard me? I hope my performance was wonderful." Oliver smirked a bit before suddenly gasping, coming to an epiphany. He stopped sucking himself off for two seconds to voice this realization.

"Oh! Haley, do you suppose that the footsteps I heard could have been you on the way to do your, ah, business?"

Just a guy online.

"Quite possibly. I did indeed run into the tower to do my business, and considering that you were there, it wouldn't be too out of the question that you heard me around that time." Haley nods. "... Umu."

"You have the bladder of a squirrel," Ivan mumbled.

Just a guy online.

"If you thought I had the bladder of a squirrel, why'd you rush after me so quickly?" Haley challenged. "Besides, I was well within my time limit. There was no reason to go chasing after me unless you explicitly thought I was up to no good. Which, to be fair, is something I would do, but my hands are clean in this, officer." She spread her hands. "I didn't touch nothing or nobody. Not a thing. Except for myself, of course, but you already knew that."

The American Dream

Brandy shuddered. "...I never wanna hear 'bout you touchin' yourself ever again, Haley. Jesus Christ..."

fella

"Thank you for the insight, Haley," Oliver deadpanned, letting out a groan. The room felt ten times more awkward for him.

Just a guy online.

"Fine, fine." Haley grumbled. "I'll keep to myself for future nightly escapades. Beyond that, any ifea on what we need to focus on next? I'm feeling like being helpful for once instead of being chaotic neutral at best."

The American Dream

"Well, I suggested a lifeline earlier, so if anyone has any input on that..."

Just a guy online.

"I guess I have no reason not to accept that." Haley frowned. "Still... well, whatever. That's none of my business. Wow, look at me, showing restraint. Regardless, which one are we using? Perhaps Hangman's Gambit?"

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Why not. Just get this shit over with." Daniel yawns and leans back, stretching.

fella

"I'm on board for using a lifeline," Oliver agreed. "Whatever helps advance this case."

SaizotheSixth wrote:
"If you thought I had the bladder of a squirrel, why'd you rush after me so quickly?" Haley challenged. "Besides, I was well within my time limit. There was no reason to go chasing after me unless you explicitly thought I was up to no good. Which, to be fair, is something I would do, but my hands are clean in this, officer." She spread her hands. "I didn't touch nothing or nobody. Not a thing. Except for myself, of course, but you already knew that."

"...I don't see how any of that was relevant to your bladder," Ivan shrugged. "You're always pissing and shitting whenever something important happens."

"If you really want to know why I 'rushed at you,' you were on track to run over the ten-minute limit. I was worried that something had happened to you or the others."

"A lifeline is fine by me," he added.

Just a guy online.

"A girl's got to do her business sometimes," Haley replied with spunk. "Not my fault that that always seems to happen when the fun stuff goes down."

"Alright, so you want to use your lifeline? Be my guest."

"You should know that there's no substitute for cold, logical deduction."

The group discusses and eventually decides on the following:

LOGIC DIVE: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN THE TORTURE CHAMBER?

Everyone watches as Belphegor holds up his hands and crackling purple lightning fills the room around them.

The noise from each bolt shakes them to their core.

The crackling lowers in volume for a second.

"QUESTION 1:"

Spoiler:
"At around 12:10 one person was left in the torture room. What is the first thing they did?

A. Attached the pads to their head and attempted to torture themselves such that the challenge would be completed.

B. Take the wire and leave the room to choke someone in another room.

C. Take the poker and knife and enter the elevator to draw magic circles.

D. Take the tape recorder and leave the room to ask someone else to switch places with them.

[If 2 people can agree on an answer, that answer will be accepted. Solo answers will be accepted if no answer opposes them for a long enough time or if someone has been appointed to answer all questions. After two mistakes, the lifeline ends.]

fella

"Hmm..." Oliver cupped his chin, deep in thought about what the answer could be. "Matt and Benjamin were seen talking to one another around 12:30, yes? Perhaps that's when the tape was recorded. If that happens to be the case, then we can easily take D out of the equation," he theorized.

Shy guy

Seb nodded. "That makes sense. I think we can also rule A out: I don't think Klifford was the one down in the torture chamber, but neither Matt nor Benjamin had obvious injuries at 12:30.

"Of the two left, C makes the most sense to me. Setup the surrounding details of your crime before going after anyone. And besides, it would have taken some time to carve a hole in the floor of the elevator. You'd have to be pretty strong... which might be another clue that Benjamin did that part. Either way, it would take some time so better to do it first."

"Obviously, nobody tortured themselves. Neither did someone strangle anyone. Which means it has to be C." Daniel yawns.

Happy Maria

Belphegor chuckles ominously. "Very well then. Two votes for option C, is it?"

The lightning crackles with power, making people tremble for a second.

"CORRECT. OPTION C IS THE RIGHT ANSWER."

"Let's continue with this now."

"QUESTION 2:"

Spoiler:
After the magic circles were drawn, the person in the room leaves with the wire and fireplace poker and then comes back without the wire in hand after doing something. Which one of these was done next?

A. The person posed for the camera.
B. The person called the elevator down and place one end of the wire into it.
C. The person activated a magic circle.
D. The person cut the wire.

[Additionally, group discussion is not allowed. Simply give your votes for what you believe the correct answer to be.]

The American Dream

"I'm gonna go with choice B," Brandy said. "Feels like I'm back in grade school..."

Shy guy

"Hmm... I also vote B," Seb said.

Happy Maria

"Hmm. Very well then:"

"YOU ARE CORRECT."

"QUESTION 3:"

Spoiler:
After the wire was pulled by the elevator, the person quickly posed for a picture and then called the elevator to his floor. The person then used words to activate a magic circle, put what remained of the wire on the table, and then got in the elevator with two items: the recorder and knife.

Later on the elevator door opened again after a sickening grinding noise. Which of these happened next?

A. One person cried hopelessly on their knees while another choked them out.
B. Two people entered and one got in the chair while the other bound them to it.
C. One person entered and attached the pads to themselves and did the challenge quickly by inflicting immense pain on themselves.
D. One person entered just to quickly cauterize a deadly bleeding wound and leave.

Shy guy

"...B?" Seb answered uncertainly.

The American Dream

“....B!”

"Whatever. Has to be B. Get me out of here." Daniel groans, shifting in the sofa.

"WRONG. YOU'VE FAILED THIS QUESTION ONCE. THE ANSWER IS NOT B."

"H-h-h-h-h..."

Belphegor sounds like a sieve as he lets out the breath he's been holding.

Shy guy

"...Um... C?" Seb said after thinking it over some more.

The American Dream

“Oh, um... now I really feel like I’m in grade school. How about C?”

Happy Maria

"INCORRECT AGAIN."

The purple lightning disappears. Belphegor goes back to his usual posture, seeming almost disappointed.

"You have wasted both your tries. The logic dive is now over."

The American Dream

Brandy left the tribunal room to go scream.

Shy guy

"Hmm... Strange. But at least this, too, is useful information," Seb muttered.

"Let's go over what we did find out. To start things off, person A was up in the alcohol room, Klifford was in the Pachinko room and person T was in the torture room. T took the poker and the knife and went to the elevator to draw both circles that were in there. Then then went out and fetched the wire, before heading up to the pachinko room with it and the poker. Klifford was, perhaps, already unconscious from blood loss, or maybe T knocked him out. Either way T then attached one hook of the wire to Klifford, threaded the rest of the wire down the grate and drew a circle around the grate, probably with the poker. Then they headed back down to the torture room.

"Once here, they took the other end of the wire and attached the hook to the elevator, maybe into the hole carved into the floor. After pressing the button to take it up a few floors they quickly stepped out of the elevator again, letting the mechanism do its work. As the elevator rose, the wire was pulled up with it, dragging Klifford over to the grate and inside the circle there. While this was going on T was sat at the table, posing innocently for the camera. Then they called the elevator back down to their floor. They activated the grate circle, but I guess Klifford couldn't teleport just yet as the elevator was currently blocking the other circle. They took the wire down and placed it on the table as it normally was, then went into the elevator with the recorder and the knife. They rode it up to the alcohol room, I think, at which point Klifford finally teleported into the elevator shaft.

"I say T went up to the elevator room because it looks like he went to fetch A. Then they went down to the pachinko room together, but found Klifford 'missing'. That's when A and T had a conversation, which was recorded on the tape recorder. T may have given the knife to A for some reason, or T was the one holding the knife in the 12:30 picture, it's not entirely clear. This is when Benjamin said they should swap challenges. Presumably, therefore, Benjamin went upstairs while Matt went downstairs. By taking the elevator down, Matt became responsible for actually crushing Klifford. If T was Benjamin, which I think makes sense, then that means Benjamin's plan was to get Matt to kill Klifford for some reason.

"That brings us to question 3. The elevator descends, and a sickening grinding noise is heard. Maybe Matt realises what has just happened. Then... well, I'm not sure what happened. Was Matt already injured for some reason, and had to go and cauterise the wound? Or did he and Benjamin actually travel down to that floor together, at which point one of them strangled the other unconscious? Maybe Matt attacked Benjamin for what had happened to Klifford?"

"Here's the questions then. If somebody was knocked unconscious, who does it have to be, and where must they have been taken next?"

"If somebody's wound was cauterized, whose wound must it have been, and what type of wound did they have?"

"You're very close to the truth. If you don't get it now, it will be lost to history."

The American Dream

Brandy returned from the caves, having cooled off a bit.

"I went in the caves to go lookin' for anythin' that could help us out, but all I found were Bruce's droppin's..." she wore a sour expression when she mentioned that. "But, anyway, time to make history. I still think it was Matt who needed to cauterize his wound n' is the one who dripped all over near the furnace. Probably a stab or cut, or somethin'."
Page 63 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus