Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 10 of 18[ 705 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Re: Ghost Fables ~ Dead Thread Chapter 4Topic%20Title

“Anyway, I guess we’re dealing with Mia’s death next?” Gideon suggested, wanting to move things along. “She never even shared her last memories, right?”

ASCEND

"Hey, I basically said that earlier," Fritz shouted, "Asshole..."

"Anyway, looks like we're nearly done now. Let's get this done, everyone! Mia received instructions from Gideon's voice over the phone."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

I acknowledge it. I’ll be nice and give you that freebie.”

Shy guy

"Given recent findings, I suppose I should start with: Mia locked the window herself after receiving a fatal injury, then died afterwards."

“Well this is usually where I’d say ‘Mia never locked the window’ but I guess that would be a lie.” Gideon chuckled.”I’m sure things will be cleared up in a moment.”

"I... don't remember if I locked any window..." Mia mumbled, running a hand back through her hair. "A-actually, considering I saw Gideon right before I died and that's apparently caused by his interference with my memories, I'm not sure how useful what I do remember even is, but..."

She sighed heavily before continuing. "I... got a couple calls last night- well, early morning I guess. Anyway... It was Gideon's voice. I'm sure of it. Or, at least, as sure as I can be... H-he knew who I really was, and kept calling... harassing me... I-I knew if I didn't do something, he'd just keep calling and everyone would find out, so... I made up an excuse to get Ingrid out of the room so I could finish the call...

"H-he told me to check under the bed for a note. It was there, written in Gideon's handwriting, same as Ingrid's card... The note said to throw my gun out the window and flush the note afterwards... I did what the paper said, and as soon as I did, he hung up. I looked around the room to make sure I was still alone, and... n-next thing I knew, Gideon crept up behind me and hit me..." Mia unconsciously touched her head where she'd been struck. "...t-that's the last thing I remember..."

Shy guy

"Did you lock the window after throwing the gun outside?" Verrier asked. "You also received a call at dinner, before any of this really began. Is there anything you can tell us about that?"

"I'd say what she described is a good timeline of events to follow. Maybe plus or minus the ghost appearing. And she did lock the window after throwing out the gun. That was the last time she touched the window, and hadn't been struck at that point."

KamiPanda wrote:
"Did you lock the window after throwing the gun outside?" Verrier asked. "You also received a call at dinner, before any of this really began. Is there anything you can tell us about that?"

"I don't recall whether I did or not, but I suppose I must have..." Mia answered uncertainly after Gideon's confirmation. "Um, the call before dinner was the first time 'Gideon' called me. He used my real last name and called me 'Stasi'... I-I hung up before he could say much more than that. I wasn't really sure what was going on; whether someone was playing a cruel joke or blackmailing me or... I-I didn't know. Whatever it was left me pretty shaken, so I took some time to calm down and gather my thoughts. That's why it took so long for me to get back to dinner..."

Shy guy

"...I don't like to say it, but, Ingrid killed Mia. She simply walked in, killed her, walked out and put the tape on afterwards," Verrier said. "I don't yet see a reason that can't be the case."

Ingrid did not replace the tape on Agnes’ bedroom. When she first put it on, Mia was certainly alive.

Shy guy

"A relief, I suppose," Verrier said with a nod. "Then, someone was hiding inside the bathroom when Ingrid left the room. They killed Mia, went back inside and were still there when we entered the room and found her body."

"Oh..." Mia blinked, as if she'd just realized something. "I-is that why Julia and I were targetted? To... frame Ingrid?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"A relief, I suppose," Verrier said with a nod. "Then, someone was hiding inside the bathroom when Ingrid left the room. They killed Mia, went back inside and were still there when we entered the room and found her body."

The only person who existed in the room immediately before the tape was broken was Mia.

Shy guy

"Did we find anything that looked like it might have been used to hit Mia's head? Was there, perhaps, blood on the edge of some furniture?" Verrier asked.

“Nothing was found, and there definitely would have been blood left on the item in question. Therefore it’s likely the killer took it with them.”

"If nothing was found, was anything missing?" Mia wondered.

Nothing was missing from the bedroom, aside from the gun and the note I suppose.

Ingrid seemed lost in thought for a moment (or a day), before speaking up. "... Say this one in red, then: Mia was killed by the blow to her head."

Mia was not killed by the blow to her head.” ... an interesting strategy.

"S-so then..." Mia clicked her tongue. She seemed relatively calm, all things considered. "The blow must have just knocked me out... w-were there any other injuries found?"

Shy guy

"I didn't find any other injuries," Verrier said, though unfortunately he couldn't say it in red. "I want to ask, how much can we rely on Mia's memories? Harley and Julia's were entirely wrong. Your red truths alone haven't confirmed all parts of her story. There's room, for instance, for her to open the window to let someone in, then throw the gun out and lock the window."

Nobody entered her room when she opened the window. I’d say her testimony is more reliable than others, but you’ll need to give me something specific to repeat. I can’t say ‘it’s all true’ in red of course.”

"Mm... was the window locked before I opened it to throw the gun out?"

Yes, the window was locked.

"...Why was there a note under the bed?" Mia wondered aloud. "I was already on the phone with the supposed killer, and their instructions were simple enough that they could just tell me, s-so what would be the point of leaving something in the room that could be used as evidence if Ingrid or I happened to find it before the call? ...A distraction, maybe?" she frowned. "Maybe the killer was already hiding in the room when Ingrid and I got there, and they made me look under the bed so they could come out without me seeing them?"

“Interesting—but nobody was hiding in the room when everyone entered.

"Then they must have gotten in while I was looking under the bed," Mia concluded. "...I'm... uh... not quite sure how yet, though..."

Edelfäule slurps away loudly at her energy drinks, occasionally high-fiving Lynde.

Sensing a pause in the debate, she acknowledges Mia, saying, "If you were knocked out, then the Ghost Wichser could have played many nasty, horrible, rotten, moron tricks. Let's narrow down our options. The killer killed you with a delayed method, such as poison or a trap, while you were knocked out. The room was only sealed by Ingrid after your fate was sealed."

“Second verse same as the first. The ‘killing blow’ occurred after the room was sealed. I’m not denying the existence of a trap, just your theory. The item that struck Mia would have blood left on it after it hit her. I can’t emphasize that point on it.”

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"It sounds as though someone was hiding in the room before Mia and Ingrid went inside. They left before we all entered the room to discover the body."

“And again I ask, how did they leave?”

“Seems like you all might need a hint here—let’s say that the killer of this incident is solvable and that they killed more than one person.”

Shy guy

"Thinking it through... If everyone else can account for each other, the killer can only be one of Erik, Raphael, Mia or Ingrid. Albrecht has already been ruled out in red. Erik, Mia and Ingrid left together, and Mia and Ingrid both saw him enter Harley's room, before they both entered Agnes's. Raphael only left the foyer after this. It seems as though this would conclusively rule out anyone being in Agnes's room before Mia and Ingrid entered," Verrier reasoned. "If the killer set up a trap before any of that, it would have relied far too much on chance, as they had no way of knowing when Mia and Ingrid would return to their room. Still, though, it is difficult to see any other way into the room other than getting in beforehand..."

"Is it... possible my head injury was caused by just hitting the floor?" Mia asked.

“It was an edged item. Perhaps it would be helpful to think about what you could do if you hit someone with an edged item and got blood on it.”

Shy guy

"The killer flushed it down the toilet would be my guess, though I don't see why they couldn't just take it with them if they were already there to hit Mia with it. Either that or the weapon 'destroys itself' like master Albrecht's miniature robots. Perhaps it was made of ice, or was a piece of animal bone that we thought was part of Mia's skull."

It’s a normal item, and it wasn’t disposed of. I think somebody had the right idea earlier for how this murder was committed, it just needs to be put together with how it relates to the ‘edged weapon’.”

He thought for a moment, perhaps thinking of a hint. “Maybe you might be better off pretending the head injury doesn’t exist, and then amending the theory from there. After all that’s what’s creating the narrative that the killer entered and existed the closed room.”

Shy guy

"Poison, then?" Verrier suggested.

“To which I’d say the same red as before—if it’s poison it’d have to be oral contact or through the bloodstream. Still—you need to complete that thought. How would the ‘edged’ weapon play into this?”
Page 10 of 18 [ 705 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus