Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 18[ 695 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Re: Black Fable: The Town of Moonview (Prologue)Topic%20Title

"I don't got nothing." He said nonchalantly while taking another sip of his ale. "Alls I do know is that there are mighty rich people out there who do believe in them, and'll pay the right price. Dead or alive."

Shy guy

"We all came here to the Woeful Woods. I'm sure we all have our own opinions on witchcraft," Pétur said solemnly. "Personally, well, seems like the kind of thing a certain kind of suggestible person takes a fancy to. Minds off with the fairies. Seems like a mighty convenient excuse to avoid good, hard work if you ask me. All that time spent dancing around fires without any clothes on would be better put getting their hands dirty tending the land."

"Speak for yourself--I just got lost trying to track Mad Dog Penelope." Cooper seemed a bit angry, or perhaps embarrassed at that. "Haven't slept in a bed in a week. Surprised I found a town all the way out here, but I got no complaints."

Shy guy

"That so?" Pétur replied, raising his eyebrows at Cooper's statement. "I had been wondering what a bounty hunter was doing in a newfound colony like this. Not a skill that really lends itself to colony life. You'll be staying a while then? Seems we have the room to spare."

"Ladies and many more gentlemen, I'm so very thrilled at the liveliness of our opening party! You folks seem to already be right at home here in Moonview, and I see you've all already found a nice (albeit vulgar) icebreaker activity...I guess my planned group yoga proved to be unnecessary!" Mayor Timm laughs.

"Here's to a long life of happiness and prosperity for our town!" Vic bellows, holding up a pint of beer.

When André asks Forsythia about her romantic interests, she laughs, "Keeheehee. Well, unfortunately for you I met my true love long ago! Even so, I suppose I can't know where life will take me next."

She leans in further as everyone speaks of their own romantic interests, letting out an "aw," or a "ooh," here and there.

"Witchcraft?" she muses, "Oh who hasn't seen a little bit of witchcraft before in their life? If you don't want witches, though, you'd best not talk about them. They just find it tempting if you do."

"Oh Vic, you know, I am feeling a little tense, perhaps we can find time for yoga?"

Vic turns to Forsythia.

"Ah, I'm sure we'll be able to find some time for it some time next morning, that is if you're an early bird who's up and at 'em like me! However, I must confess that I am no yoga expert...I hear many tales of it being a popular method of stress relief some place in the Orient, but I still am learning of it myself."

"Oh, and I sincerely hope none of you actually believe these tales of witches...It's this day and age and people still spread these sorts of stories? Balderdash."

Happy Maria

Howard frowned at the mention of having to get up early. "Aye...I'll sleep in if that's fine with ya. Me old bones can't possibly take more stress than this." He raised his pint towards the mayor. "It's nice ta see some people are sensible in this day n' age, tho'. Witches, as if", he spat.

Gettin' Old!

"My friends, why all the worries about witchcraft eh? Just some crazy old stories, good for a laugh and not good for a worry." André said giving the others his most reassuring smile "Best thing about witches would be their charms or so I hear eh? All that dancing naked in the woods doesn't sound like the worst way to unwind." He winked at Forsythia "So who's the lucky man you've charmed then ma'am?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

hi

Avis nodded. "Belief in such things is childish. I'm very glad at least most of you don't believe that foolishness. It'll make living here much more bearable than I worried it might not be." She finished her drink.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Emilia eventually arrives at the bar, though not punctual by any stretch. Her clothes are seemingly a bit dirtier now. "Sorry for the wait! I was taking a look at the land around us for a few minutes."

Sitting down at the stool, she looks at the collection of drinks for a few moments. "I'll go for something light for now. A glass of water, please!"

"I never said witches were real." He defended. "But if someone offered $300 to find bally Santa Claus you can bet I'd prowling every chimney."

KamiPanda wrote:
"That so?" Pétur replied, raising his eyebrows at Cooper's statement. "I had been wondering what a bounty hunter was doing in a newfound colony like this. Not a skill that really lends itself to colony life. You'll be staying a while then? Seems we have the room to spare."

"Just a bit. I'll take a bath, maybe get a few meals in." He took a short pause. "Can't say I'm one for sticking around in the same place too long."

"Witchcraft, huh?" William shook his head. "I certainly can't claim such a thing exists, having never seen it myself. But there's no reason to dismiss those who do believe in it, it would certainly make for some interesting stories. Speaking of which..." He faced the others. "What are everyone's reasons for coming to this town? I figure that would be a more comfortable conversation topic than witchcraft or our love lives for some."
Signature loading, please wait...

"We are having fun, Avis! I'm sorry! You wouldn't say there's no such thing as witchcraft though if you'd seen what I've seen... Keeheehee."

"Oh?" Forsythia smiles in response to André, her teeth white again, "And what makes that your business?"

"I'm kidding! Well, he was someone special for sure. He was tall, and rugged, and always haggled for lower prices at the market. He was well-versed in calculus, he was never more than two minutes late, he was wonderful in the kitchen, he knew how to play the bassoon... The list goes on! Imagine the perfect person, and then take the integral of that... Keeheehee!"

She leans back, her bones popping as she stretches out. Her hat threatens to wobble off her head, but she grabs it before the others can get a good look at her eyes.

Happy Maria

"Ah just wanted a bit o' peace n' quiet", Howard mumbles in response to William. "Just a quiet place to relax for the rest of me life...and some good drinks, of course." He finally finishes the pint of ale, looking quite sloshed.

Once the town festivities die down, the thirteen plus one residents of Moonview soon retire to their respective houses, tired after a long day of travelling, celebrating, and unpacking. 

"Goodnight now, everyone! Don't let the forest creatures get you!" Vic chuckles before waving  to the other residents, slightly tipsy from his time at the bar. "I'll see you all tomorrow morning!"

As the night falls, a strange sight is to be beheld in the starry sky; the moon, previously white and glowing, suddenly turns a hauntingly bloody red. A gloomy, frightful atmosphere permeates the town as the crimson moon hovers over all the sleeping residents of the Town of Moonview. Well, not all of them. For as the night passes, a sinister force decides it is their time to come out and play while their neighbors slumber, blissfully unaware of the horrors of the night...

As the morning returns, everything changes for the citizens of Moonview.

Once the last few people are roused out of bed by the rising sun, everyone gathers at the town square where the festivities of yesterday had begun.

However, everyone there is soon greeted to an utterly horrific sight. Dangling eerily from a willow branch is the lifeless body of Mayor Timm, his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and his skin a wicked, putrid shade of green. On his sophisticated attire are stains of pitch black blood, which he seems to have had coughed out of his equally bloody mouth. Everyone gasped in terror: the newly appointed Mayor of the town of Moonview who they had only known for a day, was dead.

Still on the podium where it stood yesterday, the black book of signatures reads:

Spoiler: Residents
Town Hall: Victor Timm
#1 Howard Dawson
#2 Vaughan Halloway
#3 Cooper
#4 Amory Tote
#5 Andre DuBois
#6 Avis Rosco
#7 Forsythia Schumate
#8 Jonas Taylor
#9 William Whiteford
#10 Emilia Retti
#11 Pétur Riolo
#12 Xander Arroway
#13 Esther Lewis

[[ From now on the game will approximately mirror the passing of real-life days, with a Blood Moon phase occuring every 3-5 days, where each character will have a chance to perform their role. Please try to submit your role plans (in private) in advance (before the Blood Moon actually happens) if you can. Role plans can just be something short like "I want to do X to Y person". If you do not submit your role plans by 7 PM CET (Central European Time) of the day the Blood Moon arrives, your turn will be skipped.]]

Last edited by TheLetterF on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hi

Avis shook off the initial shock and approached the body. "I highly doubt this was accidental." She muttered. With gloved hands, she removed the mayor's lifeless body from the branch and lowered it to the ground. She quickly began a thorough examination of the corpse, attempting to figure out the cause of Mayor Timm's death - in case it was something other than the obvious - and for any other clues as to what might have happened.

Amory poked the mayor's body a couple times with a stick.

"...Yup. He's dead."

fella

Xander clasped his hand over his mouth, his expression one of shock. His eyes widened in fright at seeing the corpse, he quickly blinked away the tears that we forming in his eyes. "Who... Who could do such a thing? W-Why would someone do something so... so inhumane like this?! O-Oh, goodness..." he mumbled as he placed a hand to his forehead, looking noticably dazed.

It looked like Cooper had use of some of the amenities during the night as his skin was now clean and his beard slightly groomed. He also didn't carry the same awful, sweaty stench as before.

He took off his hat and put it over his chest before kneeling down next to the body. From his eyes it seemed like he was angry, but the look dissipated fairly quickly. "Any of ya see anything last night?" He asked to nobody in particular.

Sock

Vaughan turns to the side and mutters angrily to himself for a moment. Like Cooper, he didn't smell nearly as bad as before, but it was more apparent that it was the clothes, and not the man.

"Just when things are lookin' up, huh?" he asks nobody in particular, as he walks over to the body to get a better look at it. "We uh- No, can't really bring this situation up can I?" He sighs and kicks some rocks at his feet.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Emilia's eyes widen at the scene and she puts a hand over her mouth, coughing a bit. Her clothes seem cleaner as well, rid of the dirt that stained them the day before. Recoiling a bit, she stares at the body for several long seconds before reluctantly speaking up and averting her gaze. "I've... I've not seen much."

Shy guy

"Good lord, what happened here?" Pétur exclaimed as he saw the body, looking around at the others to see if they knew what was going on. "He was bright as rain yesterday! He didn't seem at all unwell... Do we have a murder on our hands?"

JesusMonroe wrote:
It looked like Cooper had use of some of the amenities during the night as his skin was now clean and his beard slightly groomed. He also didn't carry the same awful, sweaty stench as before.

He took off his hat and put it over his chest before kneeling down next to the body. From his eyes it seemed like he was angry, but the look dissipated fairly quickly. "Any of ya see anything last night?" He asked to nobody in particular.

"I'm afraid not. I was sleeping soundly," he answered Cooper. "I'm surprised I didn't wake up, though: I'd have thought Victor would have made rather a lot of noise, given the scene before us."

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Good heavens . . . ," Jonas uttered, having to lean against a nearby tree for support. Such a shocking sight made him tremble fiercely. He somewhat envied Avis, Cooper, and Vaughan, who were able to begin examining the body right away. Many questions were going through Jonas' mind: Who did this? How? Why would someone do this?

"I suppose . . . I suppose from the looks of the body, it is difficult to believe - if not impossible - that Mayor Timm's death could have occurred naturally," he paraphrased, agreeing with the Ranger's assertion. "What are we supposed to do now without a mayor? I was honestly not prepared to have to deal with an investigation."

In response to Cooper's question of if anyone witnessed anything, Jonas simply shook his head and said, "I confess I did not witness anything odd, save for the eerie reddish glow coming through my window after dark." He then nodded, agreeing with Pétur's comment, "Hm, I do find it odd there was no commotion."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

fella

After he took a few moments to regain his composure, Xander looked towards Cooper with a grim look on his face. "I... did not see anything out of the ordinary last night, unfortunately. But... the mayor's body. The green skin and blackened blood... that cannot be natural, correct?" he asked the others. "How would something like that even happen to anyone...?"

“Thought as much. Don’t want to jump to conclusions, but this has Mad Dog’s mitts all over it.” He smoked wryly. “‘Spose there’s also a chance it was one of us. Either way, it’s a good idea if we set some ground rules. Not get caught with our pants down if it happens again.”

He then stepped away from the body. “Ideas? Lock all our doors? Curfew?”

William looked in shock at the scene. After a while, he managed to compose himself.

"So I'm unable to avoid tragedy, even in this place. Very well then, if this is the turn this story will take..." He muttered to himself just loud enough for anyone near him to hear, before approaching the others who were examining the body.

"I'm afraid I didn't see anything out of the ordinary last night. Nothing the rest of you don't know of anyway, since I assume everyone noticed the strange color the moonlight seemed to have."

He turned to Cooper. "Mad Dog? I'm afraid I'm not really familiar with who or what you're talking about, so maybe sharing what you know about this possible thread would help us know what to do."
Signature loading, please wait...

hi

"Ashamed as I am to admit it, I didn't notice anything as well." Avis answered. "A skilled ranger such as myself should have picked up on even the most minute sounds, but unfortunately I heard nothing last night."

She stood up, looking down at the body. "If none of us heard or saw anything last night, it could be possible he committed suicide. The discolored skin and blood might have been from some unknown disease in these woods he possibly contracted last night."

fella

"Perhaps, but he was in perfect health less than twenty-four hours ago..." Xander remarked, staying as far away from the body as he can. "If it really was a disease, it must work extremely quickly." He paused for a moment before he mumbled. "I dearly hope no one else would contract such a thing..."

"A disease moving as quickly as this one...gets me a bit spooked..."

Amory mockingly shuddered.

"Wash your hands. One of the dirty coots probably infected him with a powerful illness."

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esther stared silently at the body as the others spoke, her arms tightly crossed and her mouth set in a grim line.

"Um," she said quietly. "I - I want to say poison, because . . . well, his mouth, and the - " she gulped "- the blood. But I've never seen a poison that does that to someone's skin. And - and the way he was - dangling there . . ." She pointed a shaky finger at the tree. "I mean, he couldn't have done that himself, right? Someone did that. Someone put him there - on display."

She looked at whoever was standing to her left - the professor. "So - it was murder. Right?"

Last edited by UkuleleLady on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Vic! Darling! What happened?" Forsythia rushes to the scene clinging to the arm of one of the men. "Oh dear! Who would do this to him?"

"We can't let whoever did this go free! He was special to us! Our mayor!"

Her knees buckle a little as he listens to the others speculate.

"Oh! I didn't see him last night! I wanted to talk to him about that yoga, but he didn't seem interested when I asked at six or so. I can't say for sure who where he was after he turned me down."

Gettin' Old!

André stepped outside into the brisk morning air and stretched with satisfaction on a bright new day. He turned around and flipped the sign on DuBois tavern to "Open".

He was about to slip around the back when he spotted the commotion of the others. At a leisurely pace Andre made his way over to the others gently sifting through the crowd to see what the fuss was.

"Ah good morning my friends...are we having another party? Its a little ear-LAAAAGGHH!" He recoiled suddenly once he witnessed the body at the front of the crowd, hurling foreign curses at the body in shock.

Panting with the shock, Andre closed his eyes and drew a small hand-rolled cigarette which he promptly lit and took a long drag of. He seemed to compose himself a moment later and sighed deeply, no longer shaking. "So...what is all this?" He asked looking to the others to fill him in.

He took another drag and blew the smoke high into the air, an uncharacteristically serious look on his face. "I assure you, everyone was drinking from my stock last night so it wasn't anything I put in his drink."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Hearing a voice to his right asking him a question, he looked toward it, noticing it was coming from Esther.

"Indeed, I did not wish to say it outright," Jonas began to reply, his voice somewhat shaky as he found the strength to stand upright, "But it must have been murder. There were no warning signs pointing to a suicide, and the way the body was strung up made it look deliberate. Someone is trying to scare us into leaving, I postulate."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

"But Jonas!! What can we do? If Mayor Timm is dead, surely the rest of us will soon follow!" gasps Forsythia. "Everyone here is so distraught! Can we find hope?"

She stops clutching on to William and stands on her own.

"Could we, you know, hunt them down? Teach them a lesson?"

Gettin' Old!

Andre gave a pained smile concealing the sorrow he felt and brushed a loose strand of hair out of his face "My fair lady Forsythia, isn't that what our handsome bounty hunter is for?" He gestured down the line to where Cooper was standing.

Taking a small drag of his cigarette André strutted out of the crowd towards Cooper "I may have asked you last night, I forget...but perhaps its best you tell us all about this...Mad Dog you hunt?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

“She’s a wild one, that girl.” Cooper said with obvious bitterness. “Kills and robs the rich, usually a bit too showy about it. Dangerous, but also stupid.”

He turns his head towards the houses, particularly Amory’s. “She could be hiding in one of these...” He heads inside without warning, beginning to overturn the furniture.

"...Is he in my house? Can I get a new one?"

Amory sighed and began adjusting his mask. The only expression was a sense of tiredness from his eyes. "Someone follow him...he's gonna break something...or burn a house down with his cigars."

[oops cooper didn’t look in a house, didn’t know we weren’t allowed inside. Retcon that last bit]

Gettin' Old!

André gave Amory an apologetic shrug as he moved closer to examine the body now his nerves had calmed a bit. "Who am I to deny a man his passion and calling in life?" He said whimsically while trying to ignore the sound of shattering pottery.

"I trust he knows what he is doing."

(And then the retcon happens)

André, nerves calmed flicked his herbal cigarette away and smiled sweetly at Cooper "Well then, if this Mad Dog is so dangerous, could you tell us how to find her. This seems your area of expertise after all."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 2 of 18 [ 695 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus