Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 106 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Trial)Topic%20Title

[put something witty here]

"I think you might be overestimating how heavy that tiny piece of paper would be, the idea of it simply floating through the vents shouldn't be an issue at all. But I concede that you'd probably have to stick it in the vent yourself to actually get it moving," Oscar nods a bit glumly. "It had to get out somehow, and Urumi's testimony makes it unlikely that it was walked out the door."

"I feel like we may be focusing on the wrong thing here though." Jack suggested. "Otto seemed to suggest whatever the emergency Abby was notified of was most relevant, not how the blunt wrapper got there?"

fella

"Do you think the blunt could've been what triggered it...?" Bryan suggested. "Dunno how it would've gotten there, but it did seem really old, so yeah. Just a guess." He shrugs.

ASCEND

"Well, if there was a solution that explained both the emergency and the movement of the blunt, then it would be complete, right?" Otto said.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Yeah, it would be complete then. But I can't think of anything." Jack sighed. "But you seem to have a pretty good grasp of things Otto. You're pretty smart."

ASCEND

"Well, Oscar's theory seems to almost explain it..." Otto admitted, "If something triggered that emergency protocol, I think the blunt could have been dragged to the reactor through the air current. But I'm positive that the mere presence of the crowd wouldn't have been enough to trigger it, or else the thing would have been going off all willy-nilly!"
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Uh, so, maybe the smoke itself caused it?" Urumi suggested uncertainly. "If the whole restroom was basically air-tight and filled with smoke, that would eat up a lot of the oxygen in there, right?"

"Bzzt, Jack Jack did say he was 'hot boxing' the room," V.A.L. recalled. "I believe the intention of hot boxing is to fill the room with smoke."

ASCEND

"Indeed, I'm sure that the smoke would have taken away a lot of oxygen..." Otto said. "So this all seems to make sense..."

"But what does that mean for the question of the day: who caused the nuclear meltdown?"

Last edited by Planetbox on Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Wait, what?" Urumi jumped. "How did we go from the air vents to the nuclear meltdown? Something like the air flow wouldn't cause that to happen... right?"

"If the vents shut down, bzzt, I'm sure that would have a negative affect on the reactor," V.A.L. said. "Perhaps the emergency Abby saw was the reactor temperatures rising, bzzt."

[I mean, through consulting instructions and stuff, you guys find that the reactor works independently of the air circulation systems of the facility, so it shouldn't be directly negatively impacted by it. It also would seem plausible to everyone that Urumi is right and that all the smoke in the sealed bathroom might have caused the issue with the air flow.]

"I'm confused. What exactly have we narrowed down? What is and isn't possible when it comes to the vents, the warning, and our theories?"

ASCEND

"Well, that's an awfully vague question," Otto remarked, "Which 'theories' are you even talking about? I had hoped we were on the same page here..."

"I must admit, I am also not completely on the same page here..."

ASCEND

"Then perhaps it would do for someone to come up with a complete theory of what happened one year ago to get everyone up to speed. Maybe you can even think back to what your other passengers came up with less than five minutes ago for clues?" Otto said, "I'd love to do it myself, but you all are old enough to look after yourselves, I feel."

"Ok so as far as I can tell: the room filled with smoke, the vent needed to circulate more air so all the smoke and air from the room went through the vent along with the blunt. Then I guess the blunt got to the reactor and triggered the meltdown? That's the only way I can make the leap from the vents to who caused the meltdown."

ASCEND

"That all makes sense to me!" Otto shouted, "Nothing about it seems impossible at least, if that's what you're wondering."

"Huh ok. So I guess the one who caused the meltdown is me." Jack ponders before hitting a joint. "...wait a second."

"W-What..?"

"How the hell does that make any sense at all?" Urumi snapped. "Who designs a NUCLEAR REACTOR that only has one cooling system that can send the whole thing into a meltdown if it gets a little smoke in the vents? If that's true, the only one to blame here is Ortwin Young for designing such a shoddy piece of junk!"

"...you can't be serious. That one wrapper flying in is honestly enough to cause a massive meltdown?" Oscar stares in disbelief. "And this facility was designed by a renown nuclear scientist? Really?"

fella

"I, uh... I doubt that just marijuana smoke and a blunt wrapper could cause a whole nuclear meltdown," Bryan incredulously said, lightly tapping his fingers on his podium.

Last edited by Collin1002 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Y-Yeah, I-I agree it's poorly designed." Jack said, actually looking a little blanched. "L-Let's keep that blame def-de-deflected off of me."

ASCEND

"Now, now, there's no reason to be so hard on the man. Besides, you're needlessly simplifying the situation. The reactor didn't melt down because of a little smoke, it melted down because of a burning piece of paper, which was carried into the reactor on a breeze of total happenstance. Is it really too hard to imagine that Mr. Young couldn't have predicted that? Does he really not deserve respect for doing the most he could to prevent the disaster from escalating, even after a certain someone blew out his control panels? Personally, I would think not."

"H-How...how am I supposed to take this?! This horrible incident was the cause of one, insane accident?!"

"Not only that, but we were all forced into this stupid killing game because of that accident," Urumi spat bitterly. "Hope you're happy, Abby."

"Baffled, flabbergasted, outraged? There's a few good words for you, soldier," Oscar offers in mock cheer. "So that's it? No terrorist, no act of malice... This all happened to us because some fool's trash just happened to fly through the vents? Ridiculous..."

"I wasn't even littering. I-I had every intention of throwing it out." Jack said, regaining some composure. "It's an accident that could've been caused by anyone--it wouldn't be right to kill me for it."

ASCEND

((Ignore this like Rachel from AP Euro ignored my text messages.))

Last edited by Planetbox on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Not only that, but we were all forced into this stupid killing game because of that accident," Urumi spat bitterly. "Hope you're happy, Abby."

"It certainly is quite outrageous," Otto remarked, his voice as jubilant as ever. "But I guess that's just the way life can be. No hero and no villain, just a journey on an airship that can get torn to pieces by the lightest breeze. Even Ms. Young was piloting her ship with the same compass, as she only desired to clear the name of an innocent man. Thinking rationally, I can understand her actions, as woefully misguided as they were."

"But then again, what do I know? I'm just a collection of algorithms in a tiny sphere pretending to be alive... Still sometimes I wonder... would I even awaken were I not programmed to do so?"

"T-There must be more to it! There has to be! Abby was doing research on this, right?"

fella

"I just... I-I can't believe it," Bryan sputtered, leaning against his podium. "That whole meltdown that killed millions was caused by a freaking ACCIDENT? T-That can't be it! Right...?"

"So..." Urumi sighed, one hand supporting her as she leaned on her own podium, the other on her forehead. "Even if we accept this... How does this explain what happened to Kyle? I figured whoever caused the meltdown might have killed him because he found evidence proving who was behind it, but if it was all an accident... what reason would someone have to kill him?"

Shy guy

"Not only that, but who was sending all those fake motives to keep the game going?" Keri added. "Though... if this really is the answer to the meltdown, perhaps the motives really were simply James's doing... No greater scheme, just another way for him to 'punish' us."

fella

"Well, we didn't get a motive for this place, and since James is dead..." Bryan shrugs, standing up straight once more, though he still looks rather bewildered. "But Urumi brings up a good point. Why would someone kill Kyle if this really is the cause of the meltdown? They wouldn't have any reason to. So unless the meltdown actually wasn't an accident, there's just... there's just no point in killing him."

Shy guy

"It was already theorised that Kyle... took his own life, so as not to suffer from the radiation," Keri said sadly. "But the reason he was irradiated in the first place was the slash in his suit, was it not? For someone to do that, they would have had to have had very specific intentions in mind."

ASCEND

"Well at the very least," Otto said, "We may as well attempt to lay this matter to rest."

The screen lit up, with "Who caused the nuclear meltdown?" displayed brightly on it.

"Let's all vote for who we think the culprit is, all right? Just think of this a jury vote: majority rules. In fact, I think I'll place a vote as well!" Otto pressed a button on the podium in front of him.

"Now, off you go! Let's see some good old democracy in action!"

V.A.L. hesitated. "Will voting for someone cause something to happen, bzzt?"

fella

"W-Wait a sec, we're already voting?" Bryan inquired, uncertainly looking over at Jack. "Is this an official vote that'll end in an execution, or...?"
Page 106 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus