Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 3 of 5[ 196 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Danganronpa F1: Summer School Sign-ups (Full, replacemenTopic%20Title

Also, any news on the gender ratio? I'll be sending some extra info on my character a bit later today.

Here's all the genders I have so far:

M: 2
F: 4
NP: 6

Two of the NPs are leaning towards male and they'll probably get their wish

Alright, cool. I PMed you some extra stuff btw, but I'm not really sure if it got sent correctly (still gotta get used to this format I guess).

You're good, I got it

Happy Maria

Can I choose not to give you a description and/or backstory if I wish?

Yes, description and backstory is optional

Shy guy

Are descriptions optional even after the game starts?

Ideally everyone would give a small description even if it's kind of generic, but I won't force anyone to because it's not as necessary as name/talent/gender

Beware of the Dog

I'd give a description if I knew whether was going to be male or female...

You'll know when I send you your Role PM, which'll be before you have to give a description

I'd like to tell you right now, but I need to hear from the last 4 first. I will say that I'm 90% certain the people who chose either male or female will get what they want, and Cesar and Nanjo will probably be boys (Cesar because he had a slight lean towards it, Nanjo because he's the bara character)

Happy Maria

Wait, what's this Role PM all about anyway?

I'll send it before the game starts, but it basically says what "abilities" you have and will include your quicktopic to talk to Monokuma

Happy Maria

Will it also give me life?

Last edited by Southern Corn on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A new dawn.

If you're taking replacements, can I give my name as one?

I wanted to participate but was kinda late in reading this thread, so... :oops:

@SC yes

@DarkAgea Sure. If you are needed, you can probably be your own original character as well rather than taking someone else's (assuming you're not replacing someone in the middle of a trial)

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Slezak's Character is ready to roll! Looking forward to it.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

I know it's too late now, but maybe it would've been a better idea to only save a spot for someone after they sent in their character information. Meh

If the wait ever gets too long, I suggest we replace the unbolded players with newer people willing to take on a role, tbh

Game will start tomorrow at latest. Worst case scenario where I don't get a single new PM, DarkAgea will replace Captain Pancakes and BadPlayer will be substituted with the first victim (which I think is what he still wants anyway?). SiRReN already told me she'd be busier during the first chapter but still agreed to be in the game as long as I kept that in mind, so I don't mind making her ancillary for that chapter pending a new replacement

If I do get at least one PM, then it's even simpler as DarkAgea just subs in for one player and the other player becomes first victim

Sounds good, can't wait.

Shy guy

In all fairness, it's only been a day since the latter people signed up. I don't think we should start talking about replacements until a bit more time's passed. However, starting early and waiting for them to become active again is probably a good idea, at least.

^Yeah, that's a good point. I guess it's still pretty early.

Yeah "Phase 0" usually takes some time anyway for everybody to check in, so there'll probably be no harm in starting tomorrow whether they sent them or not

Anyway, here are the genders if anyone's curious about what they'll be

Spoiler: Assuming the last 3 participants all choose Male
Boys: Datamatt, Vinny Valens, Nanjo, Slezak, BadPlayer, Captain Pancakes, SiRReN, Cesar
Girls: MechaQdogg, Southern Corn, Viktoria, TheLetterF, Adalliah, lonechallenger, Franzise, KamiPanda

Spoiler: Assuming the last 3 participants all choose Female
Boys: Datamatt, Vinny Valens, Nanjo, Slezak, Cesar, TheLetterF, MechaQdogg, Southern Corn
Girls: BadPlayer, Captain Pancakes, SiRReN, Viktoria, Adalliah, lonechallenger, Franzise, KamiPanda

Spoiler: Assuming the last 3 participants have no preference
Boys: Datamatt, Vinny Valens, Nanjo, Slezak, Cesar, BadPlayer, MechaQdogg, Southern Corn
Girls: Captain Pancakes, SiRReN, TheLetterF, Viktoria, Adalliah, lonechallenger, Franzise, KamiPanda

So yeah, some of you are already pretty much locked as one

Sweet. I got the general personality ready. Backstory still needs work though. Hmm…

Also probably worth mentioning my timezone (JST) here. If I don't immediately respond, I'm probably sleeping.

Happy Maria

Sadly for this game we can't have interesecting backstories so I probably won't put much effort into it

@lonechallenger That's fine, since I think time zones won't be a problem in this game? There are only two phases per chapter and there's no real advantage to being able to post quickly after a phase change. You might miss out on times during the class trial where there are a lot of people talking, but that couldn't be solved in any forum game and isn't usually an issue in ones I've seen so *shrug*

@Southern Corn We can't? What about in Super Dangan Ronpa 2? There were a few characters who knew each other before attending Hope's Peak.

Last edited by TheLetterF on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shy guy

Let's make sure not to reveal spoilers, guys.

Happy Maria

TheLetterF wrote:
@Southern Corn We can't? What about in Super Dangan Ronpa 2? There were a few characters who knew each other before attending Hope's Peak.

I mean, we wouldn't know everyone else's' backstory, so I can't think of a subtle way to tie in a backstory into the overall plot.

Shy guy

Actually, JM, is it a problem for characters to already know each other if we want them to, given the lack of formal win conditions and all that? If we're allowed to freely play our characters how we like, then past connections would tie into that. There's less of a worry of things being 'unfair' if people team up when winning and losing is less of a thing to begin with.

Southern Corn wrote:
TheLetterF wrote:

I mean, we wouldn't know everyone else's' backstory, so I can't think of a subtle way to tie in a backstory into the overall plot.

True enough.

Yeah, thinking about it now, it would be best if we steered clear of that route. At least this way it makes things more interesting.

Happy Maria

TheLetterF wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
TheLetterF wrote:

True enough.

Yeah, thinking about it now, it would be best if we steered clear of that route. At least this way it makes things more interesting.

Honestly, the lack of personal connections to other characters is going to feel super weird. Still, nothing new for me (NG5)

Also, I feel there should be a strict emphasis on no meta stuff. Not even accidentally revealing stuff about your character. Example

Quote:
Joe looked around, sweating nervously. It seemed very apparent that he was going to be found out. Suddenly a bulb clicked in his head. "Wait a minute! You don't have the murder weapon, so you can't confirm that I was the killer! Haha!" He smirked with glee and delight. He knew they would never think to search the closet of the victim's room anyway. He was Scott free now.

In fact, I feel we should draft a new MAMA for this. The Dangan Ronpa Edition of Always Masterfully Mandating Against Meta Anything, or the DREAM MAMA, if you will. I feel like meta posts are a big loophole. Yes, I know you said in the OP to play fair JM, but I feel we should make it a bit more specific.

JesusMonroe wrote:
You might miss out on times during the class trial where there are a lot of people talking

Looks like I'm gonna have to wake up early, or stay up even later (seriously though, thanks for going to such lengths on this).

Regarding backstory, I just think it adds a fun layer to our ocs. Nothing intersectional or anything, just helps us get to know and care for the characters. Not anything too deep or complicated imo.

Part of me is saying that since this is the first game, things should be kept simple. I don't mind the idea and have actually considered it as well. I mostly don't want things to get too out of hand if anybody can freely include other people in their backstories

It's not impossible to cover for someone else in a crime without knowing them from the past anyway, it depends how you interpret what your character would do. Plus, the accomplice idea will be addressed in the game anyway

@Southern Corn I'm unclear, how is that meta stuff? I think I get what you're saying anyway but I think it does fall under "being a good sport and all that." Basically have fun, don't do things with the intention of derailing the game, and play your part

Quote:
Looks like I'm gonna have to wake up early, or stay up even later (seriously though, thanks for going to such lengths on this).

Regarding backstory, I just think it adds a fun layer to our ocs. Nothing intersectional or anything, just helps us get to know and care for the characters. Not anything too deep or complicated imo.

You don't have to alter your schedule for the game, just post when you're available and people will read your input when they are

But yes, thanks for bringing the second part. The backstories are just flavor for your OC if you wish to have something more than a name and talent. All you need to find out in a class trial anyway is who did it, not why

Shy guy

That's how backstory will be for me, certainly. Something to add depth to my character, even if it isn't 'important' in the grand scheme of things. I like to go all-in on character creation.

Happy Maria

I'm saying that he's inadvertently giving away everything through roleplay text, and with that everyone else knows he's the killer and where the weapon is. Stuff like that.

Whatever it's your game not mine

Shy guy

If it's all about roleplaying, it would be annoying to have information revealed that the characters themselves wouldn't know. We'd either have to pretend they didn't know, or let them have an epiphany and know something they really shouldn't.

I feel like backstories could be useful if the GM ever wanted to do something similar to what happens in DR1 where
Spoiler:
Monokuma threatens to reveal their darkest secrets if a murder isn't committed in the next 24 hours.

As long as it isn't over the top or edgy (e.g I killed all my friends and family members/I'm secretly a lizard-vampire hybrid)

JesusMonroe wrote:
You don't have to alter your schedule for the game, just post when you're available and people will read your input when they are

lol, don't worry, i was just joking. plus it's nearly 3 am and here i am still as active and awake as ever.

but yeah, i think what you said about simplicity reflects how it's done in danganronpa pretty well. you only learn of the character backstories through free time events, and you can get through the game just fine skipping over them. they do help you get closer to the characters (well… sometimes). I'm looking forward to the fte equivalents in this game too!

in the context of roleplaying, would there be a narrator who'd inadvertently spoil things though? I was under the impression each player could only say lines of dialogue. i haven't roleplayed before so idk

KamiPanda wrote:
If it's all about roleplaying, it would be annoying to have information revealed that the characters themselves wouldn't know. We'd either have to pretend they didn't know, or let them have an epiphany and know something they really shouldn't.

This is why it's good to keep backstory a secret both IC and OOC, at least in my opinion.

KamiPanda wrote:

or monokuma could just rat them out to the other students if they did something silly like that

seems like something he'd do
Page 3 of 5 [ 196 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus