Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

Signups for Black Fable 3: The Nonary+ GameTopic%20Title

Shy guy

[Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jT4iu1U914]

You and 11 other people find yourselves trapped in a strange, oppressive facility. A deranged, broken robot forces you to play the "Nonary+ Game", making you undergo hellish Trials in order to try and escape. All the while a psychotic psychic kills people off one by one, forcing you to lynch your fellow captives in a desperate attempt to stop them...

Hello and welcome to Black Fable 3! This is a Mafia game with Nonary Game theming. If you are interested in signing up, please read over the information below, fill out the survey and post expressing your interest.

Mafia

The core gameplay of N+G is Mafia. If you're unfamiliar, it's a discussion-based game where players talk it out to try and vote off the killers hiding among them. The additional elements in N+G are only RP-oriented, so if you're a fan of Mafia hopefully this game will be to your liking.

Black Fable

Black Fable is a loose series of Mafia-based forum games. There's no real connection to previous BF games here, so if you're unfamiliar you don't need to worry about this. If you've played BF1, BF3 should be similar gameplay-wise. (It has little in common with BF2 however.)

Nonary Game

BF3 started out as a Nonary Game, but the end result is closer to a Black Fable game so it's titled as such. I want to be upfront that the NG elements of this game are more for theming than anything else, so please don't sign up expecting puzzle rooms or other series staples. That said, fans of the NG RPs might still enjoy this game. For anyone unfamiliar with the Zero Escape series (where Nonary Games originate), you'll be able to play BF3 comfortably without needing additional knowledge. Just smile and nod whenever "the Morphogenetic Field" gets thrown about.

This Game

In joining N+G, after receiving your role you will create your own character to play as. There will be moments of free, undirected roleplaying where you simply hang out with the other characters. There isn't much direction during free-RP sections, but they're intended to be quite short so hopefully nothing with stagnate. It's probably best to hold off on character creation until after you've seen your role; however you should also aim to make it so no-one can guess your role just from what kind of character you've chosen to play as.

Characters will be split among three factions. Some roles have abilities, while others are 'vanilla' and exert their influence solely during discussion phases. Rules and mechanics will be made clear once appropriate during the game, but I don't mind explaining anything now if it's important to know before signing up. Roughly speaking, the game alternates between "day" and "night" phases. During "day" phases players discuss among themselves until they decide, by majority, who to vote for. That person is then executed. During "night" phases, players with abilities use them, and one character will be chosen by the killers to be murdered. These two phases alternate until one faction's victory condition is reached.

Other Details

• The nature of the game is that characters die often, and early. Don't sign up expecting to survive for any period of time, and don't complain if you're killed: it's simply part of the game, and isn't personal. The game is also intended to be on the shorter side. Both of these should be considered when creating characters.
  • All players will get a Quicktopic containing details of their role. Actions are posted here, as are results and other information. Make sure to check during the "night" phase. Additionally some players will also get QTs with other players to communicate privately with. I will use Discord (if applicable) as well, which is ideal for quick, private questions and the like.
  • Basic game rules apply here. Don't deliberately make your team lose, don't share private information if you're not allowed to, don't post screenshots of private information e.t.c.
  • Please be active during "day" discussion phases at the very least. Activity during "night" RP phases is encouraged, but optional. You must at least be active enough to tell me your action for the "night" however.
  • Each phase is expected to last only a few days. I will likely cut things short if it seems appropriate to. Ideally a full day-night cycle would last 5 days at most, and on average I expect there to be 4 of these day-night cycles.
  • The title used to be stylised as Nonary⁺ Game (that's a superscript + if you can't see it). Unfortunately the ⁺ character appears unsupported on some devices so I'll use + instead.

If you're interested in signing up, please fill out this survey: Link. Signups will remain open until we reach 12 players, though ideally the deadline is in 3 days. Thank you for your time!
Re: Signups for Black Fable 3: The Nonary+ GameTopic%20Title

Happy Maria

Survey sent! This should be a fun quick little game I hope. Let's do this!

Sock

Alright there we go survey is in.

Looks cool, excited to see how this goes. Three factions is pretty interesting I think. Though I've never actually played Mafia with vanilla roles, it can't be that different to what I'm used to.

I'm also glad to see that the "Day" Phases are kinda long! Leaves a lot of time for people to interact, which is something people in the last two Black Fables wanted I believe.

Survey sent! I am very excited to play a rp heavy mafia game with you all!

Shy guy

Kachu wrote:
I'm also glad to see that the "Day" Phases are kinda long! Leaves a lot of time for people to interact, which is something people in the last two Black Fables wanted I believe.

I can go into a bit more detail about this. Phase durations are pretty flexible. I imagine that early game the free-RP phases might be longer as there's more characters and people have more to say. Late game these phases will probably get shorter. There's no rigid structure though.

oh i could've sworn i already posted

survey sent! post posted, i'm looking forward to this one

Sock

KamiPanda wrote:
I can go into a bit more detail about this. Phase durations are pretty flexible. I imagine that early game the free-RP phases might be longer as there's more characters and people have more to say. Late game these phases will probably get shorter. There's no rigid structure though.

Ahh, alright! Makes sense to me. Exciting stuff still, BF2 was long but it had little downtime for character interaction outside of the discussions. Will be nice to see more of that here!

Also might be a bit of a weird question, but will Not Lynching be an option in this game? Or is it gonna be a MYSTERY

Shy guy

This is my test post now take that

Last edited by KamiPanda on Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

KamiPanda wrote:
It's not an option. Get hecked, fence-sitters.

finally. violence is the only option, as god intended

Finally! The Nonary+ Game is upon us!

Three factions? Could that mean two Zeros??? Three Zeroes???

Anyway I love the concept and I think I'll sign up. I will have busy days coming up, but I usually find 5-6 minutes to post regardless. I remember I thought I would be inactive during scooby doo last year but that wasn't exactly true.

Consider me in.

Sock

KamiPanda wrote:
It's not an option. Get hecked, fence-sitters.

GOOD

ASCEND

Oh cool new NG?? Count me in. Can’t wait for this to be as good as NG7 and NGX
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sock

Planetbox wrote:
Oh cool new NG?? Count me in. Can’t wait for this to be as good as NG7 and NGX

this is ng6/8/9 erasure

Happy Maria

Idk I think this will be better than NG6 easily

Sleeping is my life.

Submitted my survey. This'll be fun for sure!

Sock

How strict can we expect character creation to be?

Shy guy

We're now at 8 applicants!

Kachu wrote:
How strict can we expect character creation to be?

While each role description words it differently, they all say something along the lines of "so long as your character fulfils the vague, basic details outlined above, you can be literally anyone". In fact, even the most "restrictive" characters let the player come up with their own details for the world and story, as I intentionally left those parts of the story blank. One of N+G's traits is user-submitted characters, so I wanted every character's design to be driven by the player instead of me. I.e. I'll work around what you write, not the other way around.

That being said, the 'villain' roles are all somewhat restrictive still, in that you can't just slap any old character into the role. I still recommend waiting until you get your QTs before coming up with a character.

Sock

Nice, alright! Eight people WOOOOOOOOO

Also good to know about character making! This game is gonna be pretty exciting.

Just another day.

make that nine. :v

fella

bingus

Happy Maria

I'm an Among Us fan

You can't stop me you crusty IP block

Shy guy

Signups!

Are now!

Closiiiiiiiiing!

Spoiler: Cast
CaptainPancakes
cold52
Kachu
TheLetterF
Honestiago
Doctor Nanjo
Southern Corn
DootDootDoot
Collin1002
Franzise Deauxnim
Planetbox
Hanzo Shimada

I'll divide up the roles now, after which the role QTs can be sent out. Please create a character suitable for the role and post their details in the QT when you're ready. Once all characters are submitted the game can begin, unless anyone wants a delay.
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus