Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 70 of 98[ 3882 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 98  Next

Re: Danganronpa F3: Risk vs. Reward - Chapter 3 Class TrialTopic%20Title

Kachu wrote:
"Hmm.. I'm not too sure what it could mean, but.."

Silas mutters to himself for a moment before raising his voice.
"I remember when I was talking to Dale in the morning, his jacket was closed. I don't know what he'd be hiding in there though.. I did pat him down after all."

"Do you think he could have been hiding something in his jacket..?" Akio asked, tilting his head. "Or just hiding a wound? There would be blood on the inside of the jacket either way, huh..?"

ASCEND

Anissa mumbles, "I g- guess if he hadn't been wearing his jacket when he was stabbed, he wouldn't have gotten any blood on it... I just don't see how he could have been stabbed after locking himself up..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Kagayaki sighed heavily. "My apologies in advance for what I am about to say, Lady Hachibani. I would rather not speak this myself, yet at the current time I see no other explanations. This is roughly what I believe occurred:

"Some time early this morning, Lord Valler hung a sign on the library door saying it was occupied. He then stole Lady Everell's revolver, then made his way to the kitchen to acquire the microwave and lead pipe, moving them to the library with the dumbwaiter. I am uncertain whether he collected the pillow from the lounge itself or not; perhaps Lord Vermillion took it since he had planned to spend the night reading. In any case, he entered the library, which had been empty at the time, and began setting the microwave trap up. Unfortunately for Lord Valler, Lord Vermillion was unable to read the library sign and walked in on him, forcing the former to shoot the latter. This did not instantly kill Lord Vermillion as one would expect, though, and the two struggled, Lord Valler suffering a wound from the sword that had been steeped with poison at some point. After Lord Vermillion passed on, Lord Valler finished setting the microwave, then left the library, hiding his injury. After meeting with Lord Belrose, Lord Valler locked himself in the study. He waited for the microwave to heat the gun enough that it would automatically fire, and after hearing the shot, he used the button in the study to move the microwave to the conservatory. It was at this time that the poison in his body began to take effect; he was either driven into a frenzy by it or somehow attacked by another individual.

"When the microwave fired the bullet, it coincidentally ricocheted off Lord S' armor and struck Lord Momo, who was in the billiards room at the time retrieving a green pool ball. Lord Momo dropped the ball in his shock and..." Kagayaki paused awkwardly. "This is the point at which I am much less certain of events. Lord Momo was discovered in the conservatory, but did he run there himself, or did someone bring him? I would think the former; no one could know he would be wounded in such a way. There are still questions regarding the fire as well. How did it start? Was it the microwave? Is there another way it could have begun?

"Anyway, this is what I have pieced together thus far. Does anyone see any errors?"

Lone wrote:
"Casey. Can we rehear your alibi? After the gunshot, what exactly happens. You saw Claudius' body in the library, checked the kitchen and saw the bag of flour, and then heard a struggle in the study and opened the locked door to see Dale? Is that correct?"

"After I saw Claud I heard a ruckus in the study. It died down as I approached, but i tried to open the study door. It was locked so I had to use my key. I saw Dale slumped over with all those injuries on him. I checked him for traces of the killer, and all I saw was the cut from Claud's sword. After I changed it, I left. After that, I went to the kitchen and saw the bag of flour."

"Uhh... That theory sounds pretty okay, Kagayaki."

ASCEND

"Y- Yeah, that's pretty much how I was thinking it happened..." Anissa mumbles, "But we don't have any proof, and we d- don't know why Dale would have set up the weird microwave thing in the first place..."

"U- Unless he was trying to shoot himself for some reason... b- but I dunno, that sounds kinda weird..."

"Either way, we should probably work out what happened to M- Momo after he was shot. It's p- possible that someone else could ultimately be responsible for his death..."

Anissa asks, "Can we examine Dale's jacket any more thoroughly than we already have? M- Maybe there's something else there..."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"After I saw Claud I heard a ruckus in the study. It died down as I approached, but i tried to open the study door. It was locked so I had to use my key. I saw Dale slumped over with all those injuries on him. I checked him for traces of the killer, and all I saw was the cut from Claud's sword. After I changed it, I left. After that, I went to the kitchen and saw the bag of flour."

"Uhh... That theory sounds pretty okay, Kagayaki."

"Thank you Casey, this confirms something. Whoever was struggling with Dale in the study couldn't have been Claudius, as he was already dead. The room was quite a mess however, and unless he was intentionally messing everything up, seems incredibly difficult to do in a poisoned daze. Seeing as you went into the study immediately after, how this theoretical person escaped seems nigh impossible... but the dumbwaiter, you saw the flour by the dumbwaiter button at this time, did you not? It was possible that the dumbwaiter was moving at this time, so therefore, the theoretical person had a quick escape."

ASCEND

"B- But it's been established that they couldn't have climbed into the dumbwaiter while it was moving... unless they had some kind of special training, but that seems unlikely for m- most everyone here..."

"Yes, indeed. It is not a possibility we have entirely ruled out yet however, especially seeing as we have one person who has not revealed there talent. It is more likely that Dale simply locked himself in. But I will not go for what is most likely, only with what has been proven for certain."

"Let us say someone did enter the study using the dumbwaiter as has been suggested." Kagayaki crossed her arms, seeing where this was going. "If that person set something against one of the buttons to move the dumbwaiter automatically, they would have to leap into the study once they reached it, yes? Then the dumbwaiter would continue moving around the perimeter of the mansion while that person attacked Lord Valler. Not only would they be forced to wait for the dumbwaiter to return, they would have to hope no one noticed it moving. In addition, if someone happened to move whatever was pressed against the button, the assailant would be forced to leave through the study door and risk being caught in that manner. On top of all of that, this theoretical assailant would still need to actually know Lord Valler was even in the study when he was."

"The bag of flour, it just does not add up. Maybe we were wrong, maybe it was not for pressing a button, but for something else? Anyone have any ideas?"

ASCEND

"I m- mean," Anissa says, "It was in the kitchen the whole time... so I don't see how anyone could have done anything with it without Silas or Kagayaki noticing..."

"I saw no one enter the kitchen during the time I was there."

"I agree, searching Dale's jacket may provide helpful. Ah, Kagayaki, did you see Casey come and peek in? Is there no possibility she came in after you left?"

Dale’s jacket doesn’t have anything particularly interesting besides tears and blood on the inside.

"Oh, Casey, I must ask you something else. When you peeked into the kitchen, did you see Kagayaki in there?"

"Uh... I didn't see her, no. That was right before we all got together to check out the rooms though, so I assume she just was already with everybody."

"So, do we think the killer lit the fire in the conservatory? Was it with the microwave somehow? Is that possible. It does got a battery, so maybe."

"Come to think of it, aren't you supposed to plug microwave's into sockets? How would the shooting Momo trick even work? Is this microwave battery battered or something?"

"I wonder..." Akio said, tilting his head. "Well, Momo was almost eaten by Audrey, so he probably got killed after I went into the conservatory...that must be around when the fire started."

"I THINK IT IS TIME FOR A TOPIC CHANGE." The roomba decided. "EVERYBODY STATE YOUR CURRENT THEORY FOR THE WHO, WHAT, AND WHERE. NO 'I DON'T KNOWS', GIVE YOUR BEST GUESS. ANSWER THE QUESTION AS IF THERE WERE A GUN TO YOUR HEAD." A long rod protruded out of the roomba's back. It slowly assembled itself into a shotgun. "BECAUSE THERE IS."

"As I said, Lady Cahill," Kagayaki replied patiently, "no one entered the kitchen while I was in it. Lady Windsor must have gone there after I had departed."

She sighed again. "It seems entirely possible that the conservatory fire was as much an accident as Lord Momo's shooting. An unforseen consequence of the gun firing through the microwave door, perhaps?

"However, the more I think on it, the more likely it seems to me that Lord Vermillion's death was planned after all. I can see no reason for the microwave-powered gunshot aside from confusing the true, fatal shot. Why set such a thing up if one was not planning to kill from the start?"

JesusMonroe wrote:
"I THINK IT IS TIME FOR A TOPIC CHANGE." The roomba decided. "EVERYBODY STATE YOUR CURRENT THEORY FOR THE WHO, WHAT, AND WHERE. NO 'I DON'T KNOWS', GIVE YOUR BEST GUESS. ANSWER THE QUESTION AS IF THERE WERE A GUN TO YOUR HEAD." A long rod protruded out of the roomba's back. It slowly assembled itself into a shotgun. "BECAUSE THERE IS."

"Is this your way of telling us we are out of time?" Kagayaki asked, narrowing her eyes at the roomba. "Very well. At this point, this is what I believe:

"Lord Vermillion was killed by Lord Valler in the library with the revolver.

"Lord Momo was also killed, albeit inadvertently, by Lord Valler. He was shot with the revolver in the billiards room but succumbed to his injury in the conservatory.

"Lord Valler died in the study, either from poison from being stabbed by Lord Vermillion, or from his own self-inflicted wounds given once he realized he was dying.

"In any case, this would mean none of the killers survived. In accordance with the rules of the trial, since Lord Vermillion was the first victim, that would make Lord Valler the blackened."

(There’s still about 22 hours left in the trial)

"M-my current theory? Err, someone, or at the moment, I'll say Dale, set up the sign in the library to prevent anyone besides Claudius from entering. They had to steal the microwave and the lead pipe from the kitchen beforehand too. That was exactly what happened this morning, and they beat his face in with a lead pipe, while also shooting him... with a pillow to silence the gun most likely. After that, they set up the gun and the microwave in the library dumbwaiter. Y-you know, because the lowest chances of being walked in on. B-but what they didn't know, was that Claudius was planning on killing someone, and had put a few drops of poison on his sword. During the struggle, Claudius had managed to get them in the stomach. Dale, or whoever, could have wiped the blood off with the pillow they used a silencer to hide evidence.

Anyway, they set the microwave for fifteen minutes, and walked out of the room. They headed to a room besides the library, if it was Dale, that would be the study, to create the perfect alibi for himself. He also had further plans for the microwave stuff, so after hearing the gunshot, he activated the dumbwaiter to move to the conservatory. He went in, and locked the door behind him. As for why the study was messed up too... err, maybe Dale wanted an excuse for his stab wound? So he purposefully made it look like there had been a struggle in there. With the door locked, we would have to theorize it to be Casey. Casey herself was standing close by at this time and heard the sounds... except he really did die with a thump.

The microwave meanwhile, successfully made the gun fire off, and shoot through the door. Unfortunately, S was around the area at the time, and the bullet deflected off his armor, and went straight into Momo, who was in, or exiting the billiards room at the time, trying to get a green ball. He dropped the green ball in shock, and staggered to the conservatory... When he did, he realized he did not have the green ball on him, and was attacked by Audrey. At the same time, the gun and microwave had arrived here by Dale activating the dumbwaiter before his death. During the struggle, Momo must have bumped into the microwave, causing it to break on the ground, and ignite... or maybe Dale himself wanted the microwave to start a fire, destroying the pillow he put into dumbwaiter with the microwave and the toaster.

So by the rules, this would make Dale the blackened, killing Claudius with a gunshot to the head in the library."

ASCEND

Anissa got increasingly nervous as she saw the gun pointed at her. Eventually she mumbled, "Th- The more I think about it, the l- less any of this makes any sense. L- Like, Dale set up this microwave trap, somehow expecting it to hit someone, th- then once Claud walked in and stabbed him he just walked off and died? A- And somehow K- Kagayaki didn't see the flour in the kitchen, allowing the microwave he randomly placed in a moving dumbwaiter to travel to the Conservatory, where Momo just happened to bump into it... No, that's totally unreasonable..."

"B- But the o- only other explanation... is something I d- don't really want to consider. So, s- someone... please explain why I'm wrong."

Anissa took in a large breath and began, "K- Kagayaki killed Claudius in the library with the gun. Claudius killed Dale with the poisoned sword, but he died in the study. Momo was shot in the Billiard Room with a bullet fired by Kagayaki, and then d- died in the Conservatory."

"I th- think..." Anissa sighs and explains, "I think e- early in the morning, Kagayaki managed to knock Dale out, m- maybe by hitting him in the head. Then she left him in the library, put the sign on the door, and went to get the microwave... but Silas was in the kitchen, and by the time he left it would have been too risky to take the microwave there. S- So, she grabbed the microwave, jumped into the dumbwaiter with it, and went to the library that way. Th- Then she was about to set up the microwave to kill Dale at a time when she could have an alibi... when Claudius barged in."

"Th- Then the two fought, which led to Claud eventually dying. Maybe Dale woke up in the middle, and th- thinking Claud had attacked first, he took the sword for K- Kagayaki... and once Claud d- died, he would have thought it was self-defense and m- might have agreed to mess with his own murder scene to cover up what really happened. By then, Kagayaki was probably trying to get rid of evidence... I'm not clear on what r- really happened... but I think she might have fired the gun using the microwave anyway, thinking it would make Akio light a fire... and then used the dumbwaiter to go between the rooms, f- find the one that had been burned up, and throw the stuff in there. A- And, of course, Momo d- died in the process..."

Anissa slowly mumbles, "I m- must have messed up somewhere... right?"

"It is not that I did not see the bag of flour, Lady Silke. I simply did not pay any particular attention to it since I had no need for it." She shook her head. "When I ascended the basement stairs, Lord Taira was already standing before the library door, and he has claimed to have visited the kitchen before that. If I had truly left the library to retrieve the microwave from the kitchen as you have suggested, I cannot imagine how Lord Taira would not witness me doing so."

"While Kagayaki does not have the best of alibis, I find it difficult to believe that Dale was assaulted or stabbed by a third party, went to the study, and did not say a word to Silas about it. He was found dead in a locked room too, to which the only way one could go in and out would be if they were Casey and had the master key, or were the ultimate ninja and could jump in and out of the dumbwaiter with expert timing."

"Yeah but if one of us killed Dale..." Casey mumbles, listening to Molly and Kagayaki.

"Wait so gun to my head???"

Casey smiles and laughs, apparently a little psyched at the idea of the raised stakes.

"Okay so... I'm gonna say... gun to my head someone was in there. And whoever it was went toe-to-toe with Dale. Dale didn't have all those injuries until he went in the study. I really think someone was in there with him..."

"But I don't know anybody who coulda been in there! I mean most you guys were safe and sound in the basement around then!! I honestly can't see anyone doing it! Gun to my head I gotta go with Dale's tell blackened, but I feel like there's some way somehow that someone else killed Dale, and I can't shake that, you know? It doesn't all just pop together like you hope it would."

"I must agree with Lady Windsor," Kagayaki added uneasily. "I feel it is quite likely Lord Valler caused his own injuries, however... I still have doubts. The causes of death for the other two victims is much more clear as well... We still have time remaining; I feel we should continue to discuss this."

She placed a finger to her mouth as she thought. "...Even if Lord Valler were weakened by the poison, I cannot imagine it would be easy to slay him and remain unscathed. Could someone be hiding an injury under their clothing?"

"...Well there is at least S right? Maybe a few more. I don't know if there's any way for us to tell with S though..."

"Maybe we should at least try something. Our lives are on the line, you know."

Casey looks nervously back and forth.

No other way than to make this mistake.

JesusMonroe wrote:

"Oh, uhm, those better be blanks..." Lyla coughs.

"Anyways... I think that Dale and Claudius killed eachother. It's very obvious how. Claudius died to Dale hitting him with the revolver butt over and over after being shot. Dale died to Claudius' poisoned sword.

However, Momo was hit by Dale's trap. He dropped the green billiards ball and stumbled into the conservatory, where Audrey ate him. Someone saw their chance, and set off the machinery in the conservatory--which was basically a lighter-- killing both Momo and Audrey."

ASCEND

"I think it's impossible for someone other than Dale to have made the mess in that room, but it doesn't matter whether Dale k- killed Claudius or it was a third party... We can at least get some kinda explanation as to why he would beat himself up either way, and at that point the only thing we can do it a- argue endlessly about which explanation is more reasonable... We need proof one way or the other, so unless we've missed evidence somehow, I don't think discussing what happened to Dale is worth our time anymore..."

"It's probably a better idea to talk about what happened to M- Momo... We already know he was shot by whoever set up the microwave, so his killer and Claud's are probably the same... b- but then again, they might not be. We have almost no idea what happened to Momo after he left the Billiard Room, so I think we should discuss that... B- Besides, we know the microwave was taken to the conservatory somehow, and figuring out how and why that was achieved might help identify the killer..."

Datamatt wrote:
He dropped the green billiards ball and stumbled into the conservatory, where Audrey ate him. Someone saw their chance, and set off the machinery in the conservatory--which was basically a lighter-- killing both Momo and Audrey.

Anisa replies, "M- Momo died from shock to his wound, so even if someone set a fire there, the bullet should have ultimately killed him. ...A- Also, I have no idea where you're getting this stuff about a remote lighter from..."

"But... I don't know, Anissa."

"It seems like Momo ducked for cover in the conservatory after getting shot, and that lead him to getting stuck in Audrey. Then he died as the rest of the room burned around him..."

"What is the height of the dumbwaiter? Is it the same as the bullet hole in the library door? Because if so, it seems like stuff was moved to the conservatory with the dumbwaiter right after the gun was shot, since it could've been in there already."

Planetbox wrote:
Datamatt wrote:
He dropped the green billiards ball and stumbled into the conservatory, where Audrey ate him. Someone saw their chance, and set off the machinery in the conservatory--which was basically a lighter-- killing both Momo and Audrey.

Anisa replies, "M- Momo died from shock to his wound, so even if someone set a fire there, the bullet should have ultimately killed him. ...A- Also, I have no idea where you're getting this stuff about a remote lighter from..."

"The machinery in the conservatory looked like a battery due to the copper wire. I do think it's possible for batteries to cause sparks and ignite stuff. As for the cause of death, he died to shock caused from the wounds and stressful conditions. I think that the blackened could very well be the one who set up the fire due to the 'stressful conditions' part."

ASCEND

"Y- Yeah," Anissa mumbles, "b- but the microwave and the pillowcase and the gun ended up on the floor somehow, and I find it hard to believe it was as conveniently simple as Momo hitting the dumbwaiter at enough of an angle to knock it all onto the floor."

"Besides, Akio had his w- weird episode at that time, and I think we were getting a lot of questions about that when we discussed Momo's m- murder at the beginning of the trial, which we still haven't answered..."

At Lyla's comment, Anissa says, "If the weird machine in the Conservatory was some kind of lighter, then what happened to the rest of the microwave? And why haven't we seen any evidence of such a machine existing?"

{{Also Matt I asked JM on Discord once and he said that no matter what Momo was "shocked" by, the blackened was still whoever shot him because ultimately the bullet wound killed him.}}

Planetbox wrote:
At Lyla's comment, Anissa says, "If the weird machine in the Conservatory was some kind of lighter, then what happened to the rest of the microwave? And why haven't we seen any evidence of such a machine existing?"

"Akio and I did say we found a buried and broken machine in the conservatory, with what was likely a battery for it... multiple times."

ASCEND

"And e- everyone else said that was probably the remains of the microwave... multiple times." Anissa replied.

Planetbox wrote:
"And e- everyone else said that was probably the remains of the microwave... multiple times." Anissa replied.

"And that's the answer. That is probably what set the conservatory on fire."

ASCEND

"W- Wait a minute..." Anissa suddenly adds, "You said it was 'buried' ...Could you elaborate on that a bit?"

Planetbox wrote:
"W- Wait a minute..." Anissa suddenly adds, "You said it was 'buried' ...Could you elaborate on that a bit?"

"It was among the debris in the conservatory."

"I mean it all makes sense to me. Maybe there was feathers from the pillow that we're set up in such a way that it would cause a fire in there, you know?"

"Though... I guess that seems kind of dumb. It does seem like it probably didn't just happen automatically. I mean it had to fall on the ground somehow, I guess."
Page 70 of 98 [ 3882 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 98  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus