Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 9 of 21[ 808 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next

Re: Nonary Game 6- The Quest for AB: Discussion PhaseTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Trix's eyebrow twitched with sheer surprise and frustration "So...a man who feels he is being made to look like Zero...started the game with the advantage and took probably THE fastest route out of here? Plus if the worm is telling the truth then he's done the gravest sins of the lot of us as he had all his memory. If anything he looks more like Zero because of what he's done rather than any of the set ups you described."

Trix focused his breath letting the frustration go. "Well...you have a point about wanting to keep yourself alive till after the vote, but it's only you and K9 voting against each other. If you want to tell us after the vote that's fine but really its only if you think K9 is going to betray you for what you know about Sette."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

KamiPanda wrote:
"Plus he revealed something right strange to us - said he started the game with 4 SCs, but after bein' betrayed he went down to 1 like everyone else." He stopped to think before continuing again.

"That is very... odd indeed." said Quarter. "Still, has he any proof of this? I, obviously, can't speak to why he'd lie, but similarly do I find it odd that he's only revealed it to the both of you (or perhaps only you, Ben?) after there was absolutely no proof that it ever was the case. I'm inclined to disbelieve his assertion for the moment, which means that I cannot simply buy that Sette is being framed. Perhaps The Worm could weigh in as to whether someone that was betrayed when they allied lose more than 2 points."

hi

"I would like to point out," K-9 speaks up, "that we didn't agree that Sette should leave. He put in the code for the locker and left.

"Anyways, I found something in the laundry room cabinet." K-9 holds up some papers. "It's about other Nonary games like this. Apparently these games have been going on for more than 30 years. Thankfully, the government managed to stop them in 2047. However, these documents are dated to some time in 2050, so it appears they aren't over yet."

Shy guy

"An advantage he immediately lost, a route he only got by chance, and a sin that Zero would want to punish him for." Ben shrugged. "Why would the one who trapped us all here also be the one who'd done something bad and had that pointed out to us all?"

He then turned to Quarter and stared at her for a few uncomfortable moments before replying. "Mebbe he had no proof, but it was hardly the only thing. Heck, I didn't even list all the points when I was saying how strange his situation was. He also had a note on him that gave some code to the "exit", an' Zero would have to be pretty stupid to carry that 'round themselves. Ask K-9 'bout that one."

Blinky wrote:
"I would like to point out," K-9 speaks up, "that we didn't agree that Sette should leave. He put in the code for the locker and left.

"Anyways, I found something in the laundry room cabinet." K-9 holds up some papers. "It's about other Nonary games like this. Apparently these games have been going on for more than 30 years. Thankfully, the government managed to stop them in 2047. However, these documents are dated to some time in 2050, so it appears they aren't over yet."

"Democracy, two versus one. Sorry boss-man, but someone had to take it. Why pass up the opportunity?"

Gettin' Old!

Trix shrugged "1/3 isn't the worst odds of you wanna bring up the random chance thing but really I'm more interested in what you know about him so uh...don't...murder each other in the AB game ok?"

"I also don't buy that Zero isn't the biggest sinner here. I mean they put on this dumb game right? That's pretty cruel I think we can all agree."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

Ben nodded. "For sure, Trix my man. Zero's doing some pretty awful stuff now... He even made us listen to Jim for explanations. Don't think my ears will ever be the same..."

"Well... I suppose I would incline to agree with Ben in all this. Even though Zero's motives do not make clear sense at all times, I would hazard to guess that after he placed himself in this game, he would not also give himself a get out of jail free card to escape in the first round. It seems kind of frivolous to have shown up at all in that case."

"That said, I am inclined to believe that he is the culprit Zero suspects in the Regnier case. Perhaps Zero views that case as the most responsible for suffering, and so Zero said that the one with the memories is telling worst sinner. It is just an indication of Zero's twisted morality."

"If one of us is truly Zero, then obviously the prior nonary games could not have been run by our Zero. I wonder if those games were also meant to punish people and when Zero heard of them, he found an idea for this game, punishing his foes."

hi

"It says in the document that all the nonary games were copies of the first." K-9 answers. "It doesn't say anything about punishing the players. If we're dealing with a copycat, which we almost certainly are, it's most likely a detail they threw in."

Happy Maria

KamiPanda wrote:
Ben nodded. "For sure, Trix my man. Zero's doing some pretty awful stuff now... He even made us listen to Jim for explanations. Don't think my ears will ever be the same..."

"I don't think anyone's eyes will be the same seeing you after your lame shave! Ha!"

"Anyway, I think that's enough talk about the rooms. Everyone please assemble to the main hall immediately!"

The players, somewhat befuddled by the Bookworm's unusual order, group together again through their respective elevators. They notic that the Bookworm has reopened the entrance doors so that they can get back. In a few minutes, everyone is back again in the main hall.

"Alright, you're all here! Now, you see the pod room door? It's locked temporarily. You guys all have to discuss your voting plans for the AB Game and all. If you also have any questions concerning this, please ask me now. I'm about to go on a lunch break after this, so this is your last chance for a while!"

Unity paces slowly in circles with her gloved hands laced together.

"Alright well, I think the only option for the players with one SC is to try and all ally. Otherwise they guarantee the destruction of their opponents if not ruining their own chances of survival as well by revealing themselves to be irreprehensible. I know that Gemeni, Trix, and I are going to be fine in doing this. There's not much of a point in discussing it much further. I'm sure Ben and K-9 will be fine as well."

"Nevertheless, the third group is going to have difficulty, and for good reason. I personally believe that one player allying and tell other two betraying is the best option for us. Two people must escape this round to try and contact the outside world. We do not have that many chances to allow escape, so I think it is paramount that we take the opportunity to do so. This means I am advocating for one of the three to ally, and for the other two to betray. It would be most beneficial for everyone."

Gettin' Old!

"Who are we voting against or paired with?!" Trix asked not wanting to be caught out be the same question that they missed last time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

Ben gave a thumbs up to Unity. "Yup, me an' K-9 already sorted it. For much the reasons as you just said."

Happy Maria

"Trixie-boy, you goin' dumb or what?! You'll be voting against your room partners! You, Gem and Uni will be votin' against each other, as will Botty, Lolly and Quarty."

"Big Ben and Nanny will also be voting against each other...as well as Mr. Reus if he's still here. If he isn't, though, his vote will automatically be taken as ally! Isn't that great?"

Shy guy

" 'f he's still here? What's the deal with that?" Ben asked, a note of incredulousness in his voice. "Didn't you say it was a way out, and another chance for the exit door? This some semantic bull about how 'exit' can mean different things or something?"

Happy Maria

"I don't lie. In fact, I can't lie! You have to believe me, Big Ben! Maybe he didn't want to leave and just went back to his pod to take a nap! Who knows? Well, you will after this next round, anyway."

Shy guy

"You also said we wouldn't get back to the Washroom for quite a while, but we passed right through it to get back 'ere." Ben replied evenly. "Funny definition of 'lie' ya got there."

Happy Maria

"That wasn't a lie! You guys spent about half an hour in the Laundry room after that, and then half an hour discussing the other rooms, so that's one hour in total! That's quite a while!"

"Quarter had a different idea for the three of us," Abbot said, casting the woman a side-long look. "Perhaps she would like to explain - otherwise, Leeloo or I can."

hi

"Me and Ben will vote Ally. As much as I dislike allying with a criminal, it's the safest option for me." K-9 glances at Abbot, raising an eyebrow. "Really? What sort of plan would that be?"

Abbot bowed his head slightly and then turned to K-9. "The option that we all vote betray was discussed, so that we could remain behind and help the group escape."

Quarter inhaled, "Well... Our plan really only works amongst the three of us. Now that our lives are in no immediate danger, I propose that we stay behind, at least for the moment. Each of us seems to have some skill or knowledge that seems necessary, or at least useful, to the group. That's why I propose that Leeloo, Abbot and I all betray so that we stay behind. We're not likely to get negative SCs in the game, unless it lasts longer than The Worm suggests, and losing out slightly now doesn't diminish our ability to escape very much, and may help the rest of you make your escapes in some capacity."

Gettin' Old!

Trix weighed it up "I mean...yeah you guys could stay behind, but with only 2 people escaping per round it would be impossible for all of us to leave anyway. At this point I'm pretty resigned to sticking around and seeing what goes on past the fourth round that leaves the worm all nervous. You guys can do what you like." he shrugged.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Shy guy

"If'n you lose points here, you'll never be able to open the 9 SC door." Ben pointed out. "So it'll definitely diminish your ability to escape, as it were. You'll be relying on us all findin' some alternative way out."

He ran a hand over his smooth chin, choosing his next words carefully. "Look, ah, I don't mean to throw shade but, this is the second time you've advocated people stayin' trapped here 'stead of getting out, Sette bein' the first. Don't ya think that's exactly what Zero an' his pals want? Saying people should stay to help translate random newspaper articles is just playing Zero's game, when really we should be looking to break out of this mess. Doc's right, if people get out they can try an' get help."

"As per the game rules though, there are only two times where players have a chance to leave. After this round, and the round after. If you all stay, then... well then only two of us will ever be able to escape via the game rules, and none of us will even be close to achieving that goal. There may be other methods of escape, but this is the only one we can be sure of."

"Also, may I ask what skills Leeloo offers us? She is a student in my field. I am sure we will be fine without her. Aside from perhaps reading Cantonese, I'm not sure there's anything that the rest of us will not be able to overcome without the three of you."

Abbot nodded. "I think the best option is for two of Quarter, Leeloo and myself to escape. If Quarter believes she will be of some use, perhaps she should vote Ally while Leeloo and I vote Betray."

Sock

Gemini nods slowly taking in the situation. "Would anyone be able to escape in the next round anyways?" She asks. "Quarter, Abbot and Leeloo are the only ones with enough points to leave at all, if I'm correct?" She brushes a bit of her hair out of her eyes and continues on. "While it may be possible to gain more SCs in an unconventional way, we can't be sure something like that would come up. Of course, I don't think they should say, and they should be rushing out of here as soon as they can to get us out of this hellhole.. But wouldn't only two of them be able leave no matter what?"

"Yes," Abbot confirmed to Gemini, "from what we've been told, only two people can escape at a time, and they must each have 9 SC."

"Well... It is imperative that someone volunteers to stay of the three of you. We cannot compel anyone to hit ally, so we need someone who will permit themselves to stay. You all sound like you were consenting to stay, only one of you staying would not be much different."

"Were I Zero, and were I wishing to recognize 'crimes' someone committed, there would be no salvation on the other side of the exit door, SCs be damned." countered Quarter. "After all, if I wanted to punish someone, I wouldn't put them in here and give them the ability to get themselves out."

"No-- to take the quickest route out of this place without understanding where it is, or why we're here seems a bigger risk than trying to find more information at this point. I think it's safer for us in here, provided we can keep our SC count up, until we actually understand why we're here. We've already lost one avenue of information, unless someone other than Sette can read the Italian article that Abbot now has, that is an avenue of information lost to us. We need to be together to maximize our odds of leaving, not looking to split ourselves off two-by-two. That way lies madness."

She finished, tapping her cane.

Shy guy

"Worth checkin'. Jim can't lie." Ben said vaguely, turning to the monitor with the Bookworm on it. "Do we 'ave any guarantee for our safety with the 9 door? Pretty worthless goal to aim for if we leave that door an' just find ourselves stranded in the Arctic or something."

Happy Maria

"You needn't worry. There are some high tech self driving submarines near the exit which will help drive you all back to civilisation. They'll do all the work for you!"

Quarter leaned more heavily on her cane as she considered this new information. "Well, I can't say I'm happy about trusting The Worm, but insofar as we can, I suppose this does settle the matter."

Happy Maria

"Well, I think that there's nothing left for me to answer for the time being, so I'll be going on a lunch break! See y'all!"

The Bookworm disappears, and the sound of the pod room door opening is heard. The players decide to enter, as there is little left otherwise. They slowly start to fill in...only to realise something is wrong. Very, very wrong.

Immediately, the first thing they notice is that Pod A has opened. Inside is a girl, of about 10-11 years old, wearing a golden dress. Her eyes are shut peacefully, and her long blonde hair is let out. To the other players, it seems almost...serene. She would have looked to be simply asleep if it weren't for the large, fresh splatters of blood covering her body.

The players simply gape, almost losing touch with themselves. Before they manage to regain their senses, however, the pod closes, obscuring its tiny inhabitant once more. Some players try to open the pod physically, others through the computer (though they soon find it to have strangely shut down), while others simply stand there, shocked by the sight they see. Soon, the players call for the Bookworm, to simply ask what is even going on. But no response. He himself said he would be going on a "lunch break", after all. But was it intentional? So he wouldn't have to bother answering any queries about the girl in Pod A?

The pod door slowly shuts behind the players as they contemplate over what they have seen, and the pods start to open. It seems the players are allowed to get inside to vote at any time now. One pod, however, does not open at all- Pod 7.

[Note that if you wish to vote, you have to get into your pods IC to do so. You will not be able to exit till the phase ends, however.]

After trying in vane for several minutes, Quarter turned to Ben, shoving him hard. Through gritted teeth, she seethed, "Why is it... that when your partner has gone missing, the next thing we have discovered is a dead young girl?"

Shy guy

Ben stumbled at the sudden push, falling backwards and knocking his head sharply on one of the pods. Instead of replying he just clutched his head and moaned quietly. He probably wasn't in a particularly stable place of mind after the scene they all walked in on.

Quarter stood over Ben imperiously. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did that hurt?" she asked, all emotion draining from her words. "You will talk. Now."

Shy guy

"What 'm I even s'posed to say?" Ben replied, voice shaking. "Sette has a daughter, who he loves and works hard every day to support, all alone. What gives you the right to accuse a man like him of stabbing some poor little girl?"

Unity clutches at her heart, tears forming in her eyes.

"N-no! It is too soon to grieve while there is still much we don't know! It is also far too soon to be fighting like that! The pod would preserve the blood, so it is possible that blood is from before Sette departed."

She calls out to Quarter and Ben.

"Anyway, we should check the other door and see if it still has dust on it. Perhaps someone entered that way."

KamiPanda wrote:
"What 'm I even s'posed to say?" Ben replied, voice shaking. "Sette has a daughter, who he loves and works hard every day to support, all alone. What gives you the right to accuse a man like him of stabbing some poor little girl?"

"Was that supposed to make me sympathetic? Because she sounds alive, unlike... unlike... the girl in that pod." spat Quarter, brandishing her cane threateningly, and pointing the rubber tip at Ben. "Talk. All of it. Here and now. I am not asking."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"N-no! It is too soon to grieve while there is still much we don't know! It is also far too soon to be fighting like that! The pod would preserve the blood, so it is possible that blood is from before Sette departed."

She calls out to Quarter and Ben.

"Anyway, we should check the other door and see if it still has dust on it. Perhaps someone entered that way."

"That is none of my concern." said Quarter, not taking her eyes off of Ben. She pressed the cane's tip into Ben's chest and putting a nearly imperceptible amount of weight behind it.

Shy guy

"All of what?" Ben exclaimed weakly.
Page 9 of 21 [ 808 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus