Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 63 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch2 Class Trial)Topic%20Title

After the shock of the bullet nearly missing him wore off, Bren collapses backwards, falling on his ass with a painful sound.

"... What?! I'm not playing dumb!"

The horror and confusion coating both his face and voice appears genuine...

Jack was about to answer Florian when he got startled by the gunshot.

"W-What the fuck, Tachi-kun!" Jack jumped. "Abby? What are you talking about?" He thought for a minute. "Is this related to those episodes you were having back at the skyscraper...?"

fella

"Whoa!" Bryan winces and covers his ears as he hears the gunshot, the sound quite loud to him. "Cuidadoso!" He then shakes his head, a slight ringing in his ears, looking at Koichi with quite a confused expression on his face. "Bren... knowing Abby? What do you mean?"

After seeing that the shot hadn't hurt anyone, Raul crossed his arms and gives Koichi a stern look. "We're going to need to have a talk about gun safety later. First, you'll have to explain what you mean. I thought you were as clueless about this situation as the rest of us. Where did that information come from?"
Signature loading, please wait...

"Tsk, seriously? She set up this whole stupid flood over something like that? A lot of people were hurt here. God, why does everyone have to be so nosy..."

Urumi had been wrapped up in her own world since hearing Circe's journal entry about her, blushing and grumbling to herself like that. The gunshot snapped her out of her daze with a yelp. "Can we PLEASE get rid of the stupid gun already?" she barked.

Koichi's hands trembled as he lowered his gun.

"This is not a misuse of weapons, Raul...if I have reason to believe Bren is lying..."

His hands continued to shake. "...You still make the claim you are unaware?"

"Yes! Yes! I have no idea what you're talking about, so could you please point that away from me?"

DootDootDoot wrote:
"Yes! Yes! I have no idea what you're talking about, so could you please point that away from me?"

"Why should I believe you..?"

Koichi's heavy breaths began to slow, sweat trickling down the side of his face.

"..."

It was the first time he saw Bren's face, and all he saw was fear and regret. Closing his eyes, his hands still shaking, he lowered his gun and put it away.

"...I...I...apologize...this is quite unlike me...if...if you say you do not know, I believe you..."

Bren breathes a sigh of relief, before hunching forward to calm himself down.

"Koichi, do you know something about Abby? And the nuclear incident?"

((ignore me))

Koichi said nothing and just kept his eyes closed, his entire body trembling.

"Bzzt, this is most upsetting," V.A.L. beeped. "Ultimate Koichi, you should not be so reckless, you could hurt someone, bzzt. And I do not like the suggestion that Abby was in any way responsible for the accident, bzzt."

"Yes...yes, you are correct, VAL..."

V.A.L. wheeled towards Koichi and lightly patted his shoulder with one clawed hand. "Bzzt, we are all under a great deal of stress," the robot said.

“B-Boetius. Dude…” Kyle murmurs.

The intercom falls silent for a little while. Eventually the intern continues, in a voice quivering with uncertainty and wheezing in exhaustion.
“You don’t deserve this, man. It’s not right… b-but what would we have w-without the rules…”

A few seconds of silence past.

“I-I’m sorry…”

Click

Spoiler: The Punchline

A stage folds out of the floor in the center of the room, a single dingy lamp sitting off one side of it. Boetius is ushered up onto it by Otto, who quickly wizzes by and gives him a stool and microphone, and a box of props. As a finishing touch, Otto shackles one of his ankles to the ground. All eyes are on the jester.

He peers down into the box and bites his lip, his eyes still wet with tears. Unmovable and silent, he waits there, never glancing up at them, for fear of facing the others.

The pause whineson for a painfully long time. The sting of the execution seemingly fading as raw fear gives in to disquietude.

Slowly, Boetius shuffles to the microphone, his face, now partially lit, completely unreadable, “Hey, how about that Boetius guy, huh? He’s really gone and messed things up this time!”

“I bet he’s a real sick sack of shit, putting all of you through this!” He pauses for laughter that doesn’t come.

“Hmm… Definitely a tough crowd,” he tsks. “Hey here’s one’s you’ll love to hear!”

He reaches into the box, pulls out a large handgun, and points it square under his jaw. The other passengers can see the regret in his eyes.

Bang

The last thing the remaining passengers hear is wheezing sobs before the intercom abruptly cuts off.

Under Pressure: End
12 Passengers Remain

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jack doesn't have much of a reaction to the execution, but he watched it intently. He didn't blink when the gunshot went off, the flash lighting across his eyes.

"Welp, it's been a long day." He made an aching sound as he stood up. "Anyone else wanna head to bed?"

fella

Bryan winces as he hears the bullet go off, looking away as the sound rings in his ears. He tightly shuts his eyes, solemnly looking down as he clenches his fists. "Descansa en paz, Bren."

Sock

Rinea forces herself to smile at the sight, but sheds a single tear.

"Y-Yeah," She said in response to Jack. "Lets go to bed.."

Happy Maria

"Such a fool, Boetius…killing her in such a way. She never deserved such a thing." James shook his head sadly. "I've had enough of this idiocy. So long, heathens." He turned and started walking towards the exit.

Raul looks down after the execution, making the others unable to see his expression. "I guess this time, I can't convince myself this happened to someone who deserved it..."

After mumbling something under his breath, he looks up to the others. "This day has understandably been harsh on our morale, going to bed now would be for the best. We can continue any discussions tomorrow."
Signature loading, please wait...

Sock

Rinea nods a few times, not really paying attention to anyone else as she steps off her podium, and walks over to Bren's mask, which she picks up, and takes with her to the exit.

fella

"Y-Yeah... Goin' to bed would be for the... the best..." Bryan mumbled before following after James and Rinea, planning to immediately depart to his room.

One awkward transition into the "next morning cafeteria scene" later, Jack was eating breakfast.

"Man, I slept good last night. Feeling like you're about to die excruciatingly if you make even the tiniest mistake? Totally takes years off your life." He said to the current patrons in the cafeteria. "I swear, I'm never doing drugs again." He threw the painkillers in the trash can and then took another puff of his joint while eating his pancakes.

"G-Good morning!" Koichi said with fake glee. "It...is a day! That exists on a calendar!"

fella

Bryan simply sits at a table, sighing quite dejectedly, a half-eaten apple nearby him on the table's surface. It's clear he didn't get much sleep last night, if the bags under his eyes are any indication. "Today is definitely a day..." he murmurs before letting out a yawn.

Happy Maria

James came into the cafeteria after as well, a tired look on his face. He sat at his usual table, not attempting to interact with the others.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Irene steps into the cafeteria later than usual.

She looks worn out, for probably the first time in quite a while. Her smile is gone, and her face is blank. She sits down at a table, alone.

Happy Maria

James suddenly got up, staring at the others strangely. After a minute, he simply shook his head and sat back down, looking gloomier than ever.

Shy guy

Keri was also late to join. Usually she awoke early in the morning like clockwork, but today she'd likely had much to mull over in private before she could face the others. She had at least slept well, her talent lent itself well to that, but she still seemed quite listless.

Despite this, she found it in herself to make a small announcement. "For now, we mourn. But then we will move on, for Bren's sake, and the sake of all the others who have passed on." Then, abruptly, she went to get some breakfast.

Florian shuffles over to the cafeteria, seemingly lost in thought, before attempting to flash his signature smile upon seeing the rest of the group.

"H-hello, everyone...! Let's all hope for a bright and cheerful new day.." The butler's voice trails off.

Happy Maria

KamiPanda wrote:
Keri was also late to join. Usually she awoke early in the morning like clockwork, but today she'd likely had much to mull over in private before she could face the others. She had at least slept well, her talent lent itself well to that, but she still seemed quite listless.

Despite this, she found it in herself to make a small announcement. "For now, we mourn. But then we will move on, for Bren's sake, and the sake of all the others who have passed on." Then, abruptly, she went to get some breakfast.

"A pity", James suddenly said. "He and Mitzi were the only ones remaining here whom I actually tolerated, and now they're both dead, gone in one fell swoop. And now I am simply left with you people, of whom I have loathed since what feels like time immemorial. How trite." He shook his head and returned to his meal.

Shy guy

"I am sorry the pillow was not to your liking." Keri replied wearily. "I will continue to look for ways to take you off of your island and engage with the rest of us. We are Ultimates, we are all capable of so much more than you give us credit for."

Happy Maria

KamiPanda wrote:
"I am sorry the pillow was not to your liking." Keri replied wearily. "I will continue to look for ways to take you off of your island and engage with the rest of us. We are Ultimates, we are all capable of so much more than you give us credit for."

"The pillow?" James tilted his head in confusion. "What pillow? Actually, a better question- what ultimates? When I look at this lot, all I see is a wasteland- a cesspool of useless and worthless excuses for human beings. A doctor who forges autopsies for her own amusement; a robot that cannot even resist water; an unambitious drug addict not even talented in a specific field; a mad bomber who constantly and endlessly babbles meaningless rhetoric; a bloodied hypocritical rebel who uses force when beaten in verbal combat…"

James momentarily paused. "I could go on and on, but let me ask you something. In what way is it worth letting you escape this place? How will any of you barbarians benefit humanity?" This seemed to be directed at everyone in the room.

Shy guy

"I'm... not sure I understand any of your criticisms." Keri said hesitantly. "Rinea is a good doctor when it comes time to do real medical work. VAL's purpose isn't to resist water in the first place, you may as well chastise humans for being unable to fly unassisted. And Raul fought to take back a country, you can't do that by trying to make conversation with the dictator's armed forces."

Happy Maria

KamiPanda wrote:
"I'm... not sure I understand any of your criticisms." Keri said hesitantly. "Rinea is a good doctor when it comes time to do real medical work. VAL's purpose isn't to resist water in the first place, you may as well chastise humans for being unable to fly unassisted. And Raul fought to take back a country, you can't do that by trying to make conversation with the dictator's armed forces."

James frowned. "Is that the best you can do? You've never seen the pink haired lunatic actually perform medical work; the robot is still an idiotic talentless dunce which cannot even utilise creativity; and the rebel does not even choose to use his ideals here, where bloodshed is necessary. Needless to say, they're all still foolish, and you have conveniently ignored my actual question- which is to say, if you are worthy of escaping." As he spoke, he remained calm, not sneering at Keri nor snapping at her. He was eerily calm throughout, which made his words seem sinister in comparison to his more lively self from before.

Shy guy

"James, if you refuse to look at the sky it is not so strange that you might resolutely claim it is green, but that does not make it right."

Jack missed a lot of the conversation as he was entranced in his pancakes, but then his eyes widened as he had a sudden flashback.
TheLetterF wrote:
He then walks over to Jack before putting his hand on the stoner's back. "We're sorry for suspecting you, Mister Marlowe, but are you sure you're alright? You've been acting extremely weird this whole trial.." The butler asks before attempting to regain composure by fixing his butler's outfit and gloves.

"Oh yeah! You asked me that, didn't you Florian?" Jack said. "Well I'm doing quite well actually. You could almost say better than ever. I didn't think you guys would accept me for who I am, or accept your own non-existence just like that. It's not everyday you get an existential crisis but I'm glad you guys seem to be adjusting."

"Bzzt, greetings," V.A.L. said quietly as it rolled into the cafeteria. "My battery stores have been replenished in the night, bzzt, and yet I still feel as if I'm running at 10%, bzzt. How strange, bzzt."

It hesitated, unsure where it could sit or who it could join. Finally, it wheeled over to Irene. "Good morning, Ultimate Irene," it beeped.

"Ugh, really? It's too early for this stupid bickering..."

Urumi stepped into the cafeteria looking fresh, her hair slightly damp. She picked out some oatmeal, sliced fruit, and some orange juice for herself. "Keri, you know you don't have to debate with him, right?" she called over to her roommate as she headed for an empty table.

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Ugh, really? It's too early for this stupid bickering..."

Urumi stepped into the cafeteria looking fresh, her hair slightly damp. She picked out some oatmeal, sliced fruit, and some orange juice for herself. "Keri, you know you don't have to debate with him, right?" she called over to her roommate as she headed for an empty table.

"I am sorry, I cannot help it. It is my belief that we can all understand one another if we try, and in doing so we can fight back against Otto. So I must do my best to get James to properly acknowledge us, it is the first step towards understanding."
Page 63 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus