Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 72 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch3 Trial)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

"I don- th-this is... sorry, I n-n-need a minute," Keri mumbled, clutching the top of her podium with both hands. She was shaking quite a lot, enough to send small vibrations down the podium, and she was breathing quite heavily with rather unfocused eyes.

No other way than to make this mistake.

All Irene did was stare down at her podium.

For the first time, tears swelled in her eyes. She gripped the podium very hard, seemingly not intending to speak much. A few pained words did escape her mouth, however.

"Why?"

Jack was already about halfway into a joint he was facing. Unlike the other victims, he didn't cry. He didn't really seem to care much at all besides pondering about something deep off.

"So we lost two of our more dependable friends, huh? So is this part where we conquer the trial, becoming more dependable ourselves? Maybe even in their memory?" He thought about that point for a bit. "Well, I guess the Doc wasn't super dependable anyway--she lied like three times the last trial for no reason. In a mystery serial it's just no-good to have someone like her around."

He hit the joint again. "And on that subject, the Doc is totally the one who wrote that scary story! We can say what we want about her but she wasn't stupid--she'd certainly have to study a lot to get where she is. She was also like, really crazy.'

Raul sighed as he turned to Koichi. "Is that really necessary? You can see I'm fine right now."

Raul shrugged, and he lifted his shirt, revealing...nothing particularly interesting. His chest looked like it normally did.
Signature loading, please wait...

"Haha alright, Gaston. We get it, you're buff. No need to flaunt it off."

Cesar Zero wrote:
Raul sighed as he turned to Koichi. "Is that really necessary? You can see I'm fine right now."

Raul shrugged, and he lifted his shirt, revealing...nothing particularly interesting. His chest looked like it normally did.

"B-But..! How is that possible..?"

Koichi brought a hand to his forehead, confused and afraid.

fella

"Uh... Koichi, why did you want Raul to remove his shirt so badly?" Bryan incredulously asked before turning to Keri. "And you alright? You look like you're about to faint..."

Koichi's hand quivered as he took his gun out, throwing it aside.

"...I-I thought I shot you, Raul. I saw it clearly...you fell on the ground -- I thought I killed you..."

[put something witty here]

A few stunned moments after Raul's surprise strip, Oscar clears his throat a bit awkwardly. "A-Ahem. I think we're losing focus here. There are two murders to discuss. If there's a story to... all that, then you should share with the rest of us. All of us, once we've... sorted ourselves out."

Shy guy

Collin1002 wrote:
"Uh... Koichi, why did you want Raul to remove his shirt so badly?" Bryan incredulously asked before turning to Keri. "And you alright? You look like you're about to faint..."

"I... will be fine... in a moment, I think?" Keri replied unsteadily. "Not once in my entire life have I been unable to slow my heart to keep calm, I am... unused to dealing with this. It is a marvel all of you manage it so well."

"Oh, so you lost your talent too?" Jack thought aloud. "Oh and I got mine back if anyone's wondering." He gives an unintentionally cocky smile with that remark.

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"It... would seem so," Keri glanced up at Jack to nod shakily. "It is such a strange thing, it is a physical trait of my body that I am unable to access... it is honestly a very frightening thought that it might have been intentionally suppressed."

"It's not a great feeling." Jack frowned, the memory all too recent. "I couldn't do shit. But everybody's have come back so far, probably will be the same with you too."

lcarus wrote:
A few stunned moments after Raul's surprise strip, Oscar clears his throat a bit awkwardly. "A-Ahem. I think we're losing focus here. There are two murders to discuss. If there's a story to... all that, then you should share with the rest of us. All of us, once we've... sorted ourselves out."

"A-Alright...you are correct. There must be a reasonable explanation to all this."

Koichi took a deep breath.

"Well...allow me to start from the beginning. There are many things I must cover.

At around 11 PM...I'd say 11:05 PM, I was with Jack and V.A.L. The three of us were trying to make it through the darkness and back to the cabins, as was everyone. Then, all of a sudden, a figure came charging towards V.A.L. with a knife. I threatened to shoot him, but then Jack seemed to have gotten his talent back, and managed to fight him off. He was wearing a tuxedo, and was covered in red stains. He claimed he was...a corpse. So allow me to refer to him as such.

We met up with Keri, Irene, and Florian, and we decided to try and find the corpse. He was a safety issue, after all. Then, all of a sudden, an awful creature attacked us, emerging from the lake! The monster grabbed Jack, who I'm thrilled to see is fine, and something knocked me into the lake...b-but despite that, Irene and Keri did not seem to notice the monster at all. Keri and Florian went off to track the monster, while V.A.L., Irene, and I went to find the corpse again.

We saw Raul and Rinea get attacked by the corpse. V.A.L. charged after him, and the two of us were left behind. Rinea ran off to the cabins with Irene, and Raul and I headed deep into the forest. We got seperated somehow, and then...we heard a body discovery announcement.

I found Raul, and he notified me that...Florian has passed away. He claimed he was stabbed, and fed to a wood chipper...and then the corpse approached again..! He said everyone had died, b-but when we told him about Florian, he seemed...almost surprised. And then...I took out my gun, and fired."

Koichi looked at Raul nervously.

"But you jumped in the path of my bullet...you protected the maniac! And I...I thought I had killed you. I ran to the showers, and found a curtain on the ground, covered in blood..."

He shuddered and clutched his head. "W-What in the world is going on..?

"What the fuck?!" Jack shouted at Koichi's story. "So there was an actual monster after all? Damn, this trial is pretty weird already. Well, you guys gotta at least give me some points for creativity."

He bit his lip before speaking. "Anyway, here's my piece. Uh, Tachi-kun covered most of it. The corpse had a broad build if I remember correctly...But yeah, it attacked us. Then just like some crazy plot convenience I got my trades back, and did a decent number on the guy. I'll give credit to Oscar for the practice." He grinned.

"I actually don't remember much else. I remember meeting with Keri, Irene, and Florian...but the lakeside is a blur. There was an argument, I turned my back to the forest, and then I...fell into the ground? Who the fuck knows, but I woke up in a humid-ass cave with barely any light. VAL, Matsu-san, Keri, Bry Guy, and Irene were there. And uh, I'm sure she has more details, but Irene killed the monster.'

fella

"O...kay, then. Maybe it was the corpse who knocked me out? Still doesn't really explain that little red light I saw, though..." Bryan scratched behind his head. "Anyways, did you recognize this 'corpse's' voice at all, Koichi?"

Koichi shook his head. "If I were to make an educated guess, it was undoubtedly one of us. He expressed shock when Florian died, and after I shot Raul."

fella

"Well, it'd be a little hard to see it being someone else," Bryan affirmed. "So this so-called 'corpse' had a broad build, and was apparently male... Was there anyone unaccounted for when he first appeared? I know I left the group I was in, but then I was knocked out, so... yeah. It was probably just someone pullin' a prank, but you never know."

"A prank, huh?" Jack rolled his eyes. "Well, he did have 'blood' stains on his suit too." He added, looking not so subtly at James.

"Someone certainly doesn't think small when it comes to their nightmare campgrounds, I can agree with that much. An actual sea monster and a... finely dressed corpse?" Oscar says in bewilderment. "And uh, yes. Very glad some good could come of those encounters." He nods in Jack's direction.

"As for my story, there's unfortunately very little I can add. After our spooky story session was over and we were heading back to the cabins, my jacket snagged on a rogue shrub. I'd spent so long trying to untagle myself that the group had already wandered out of sight. I tried my hardest to locate any of you, yet all that accomplished was a good deal of aimless wandering. Oh, and slamming myself into countless tree trunks. Ouch." He winces at the memory.

"When I heard the first announcement through my bracelet I was, surprise, still lost in the foliage. Eventually I heard voices, from who I haven't a clue. And naturally when I tried to follow them it lead me into yet another tree. That was my cue to simply give up and wait until either Otto arrived or the sun rose. The latter happened first. From there I returned to the campground and waited with Raul and our director by the lake. And... that's my story. Rather eventful, I know."

He tops it all off with a half-hearted bow, motioning for someone else to speak up now.

"Alright then, let's get to solving this!" Raul clears his throat.

"A bit after 11:00, when we were all trying to make it back to the cabins, everything went more or less like what Bryan said: I was with him, James, Florian and Rinea, Florian tripped over James which caused James to throw a fit as usual, then Florian got separated from the group and Bryan went to look for him.

James, Rinea and I kept moving and ended up at the showers, where we realized James had gone off somewhere on his own. While we were there, we heard some strange laughter, and we saw this 'corpse' figure running towards us with a knife. I used a curtain rod to block his entrance, and waited there until VAL, Irene and Koichi arrived. The attack went as Koichi described it, and after we got separated I walked around until I found Irene back at the campsite.

She told me she had been knocked out after getting into the cabin and Rinea was nowhere to be seen, so we went to look for her until we got to the shed and found...Florian." He took a moment to breath after saying this before continuing.

"Irene and I started investigating. The blood on the crime scene was fresh, so Florian had to have been killed no more than a few minutes before we found him. Also, based on the cuts he had all over him, it seems like he must have been killed during a knife fight. I guess the wood chipper was just an attempt to get rid of the body. Then..." he turned his gaze towards James.

"As we were searching, we found James's camera on the floor, next to a few cans of paint. However, it had somehow disappeared while we were investigating elsewhere. I have no idea what could explain this, as I'm positive no one could have sneaked in or out of the shed even as dark as it was.

Anyway, the only other thing of note in the shed was how none of the tools there had any blood on them. Oh, and there were strange black stains all over the shed...the walls, floor and the door's handle had them. No idea what they could be...

After that, Irene left to go back to the cabin. I kept looking around and met with Koichi as he said. Things mostly went as he said, except for supposedly...shooting me. Koichi did try to shoot the corpse and missed, and I did try to stop him, but I have no idea why he thinks he hit me, and I was too focused on chasing after the corpse to notice what Koichi was doing after that, but I eventually lost sight of the corpse and had to return to the campsite, where I waited with James and Oscar."

fella

"You got knocked out, too?" Bryan asked, addressing Irene as he did so. "Did it feel, like, cold and metallic? If it did, then we probably got knocked out by the same thing."

Jack nodded his head as Raul explained his story. "But why did you try to stop Koichi from firing?"

"I...noticed something about the 'corpse'. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have no doubt he was one of us. And possibly killing a fellow passenger, whether or not they were actually a killer, would just makes matters worse, specially if it caused Koichi to become the blackened."

"Hm, that's an extremely reasonable answer." He shook his head, satisfied. "But if it's one of us, then who? The only people that have a broad build are you and Oscar, and you were right there. Maybe Bry Guy too?"

Jack's very dry eyes perked as he had a sudden flashback.

"Hey guys, I might have an idea." He rubbed his temples hard as he explained. "If Florian died first, the killer must've been after his heart. That's how they became a corpse and got free reign to either kill someone else, or make a distraction so their accomplice could also kill someone. That's what I think."

JesusMonroe wrote:
Jack's very dry eyes perked as he had a sudden flashback.

"Hey guys, I might have an idea." He rubbed his temples hard as he explained. "If Florian died first, the killer must've been after his heart. That's how they became a corpse and got free reign to either kill someone else, or make a distraction so their accomplice could also kill someone. That's what I think."

"Now that's completely absurd." Oscar firmly replies. "That is, Koichi claims this 'corpse' was quite alarmed by the news of the butler's death. And apparently right after claiming the whole group was already dead. Seems odd a killer or accomplice would even be shocked at all, or would have reason to feign such a feeling. Almost as if their antics were completely unrelated to the murders?"

"Let's... let's just shelf the theories about any stupid black magic for now," Urumi weakly added. She looked as if she hadn't slept at all last night. "This whole thing is already bad enough with the corpse, the monster, and, uh, the other monster..."

She threw a glance at Keri. "Uh, try maybe closing your eyes for a couple minutes and thinking of something happy for now. Until you calm down..." she suggested.

Happy Maria

"Why do you all seem so solemn and sorrowful?", James asked unsympathetically. "All we lost today were an unhelpful butler with no sense of etiquette and a pink hair loon with no idea of what it means to be a doctor. This is hardly concerning. But, if you wish to hear my alibi, then I suppose I have no choice. He shrugged and started telling his tale.

"After my thrilling tale, I was stuck with the bloody rebel, the loon, the idiotic butler, and the parkourist. After an unsurprisingly little amount of time, the servant tripped over a root and fell on me. We continued after that, but then noticed the butler disappeared. The paekourist went after him. After a while, I got quite bored and went back to the cabin at my own pace, just after the five people and one robot left." He suddenly stopped. "…The events following this are irrelevant, but rest assured that I am most decidedly not one of the killers here, nor am I that strange corpse that everyone witnessed. I will say, however, that I realised my camera was missing and nearly turned the cabins upside down. After a while, I decided to go into the shed after the investigation there had concluded, thus discovering that gruesome corpse for myself. …But, more importantly, I found this."

James kept his beloved camera on the podium with a grin. "But that's not all. Ignoring the fact that the rebel and the Queen failed to inform me of this before now, I found some interesting footage on this camera. Perhaps I shall play it to you all now." With that, he stopped talking and turned on the camera.

Otto snatches the memory card from James's camera and places it into a slot in the large monitor. A series of videos begins to play.

Spoiler: The Corpse Man
A figure stands silhouetted by the moonlight. Slowly, its face seems to turn and lock at the point it stares directly at those watching the screen. A knife glints in its hand, as it begins to walk towards the screen. As if fearing the figure, the camera begins to weave backwards through the trees, trying to escape. As if from nowhere the knife comes from the side, and the footage blinks out.

The next scene is of a path through the forest. Deranged branches twist about in the pale lighting. Leaves quiver in the still air. The camera seems to be pointing down as if it’s in the trees. A man seems to creep into the view of the camera, looking frantically about the place. Everyone can just barely make out the face of Bryan. As he gets closer, the camera gets an incredible shot, as it moves down between the trees, as if it’s moving along with some grave monster. Perhaps the monster set the camera down though, for something springs from the trees and tackles Bryan as he turns and makes eye contact with the camera.

Suddenly, the scene changes, to the outside of the shed, two figures, robed in darkness talk in front of it.

“If you don’t mind…” a woman says, “I’d like to return to the cabins… I need to be alone.”

“Yeah, I understand,” a man replies, “Maybe some of the others are already back there. I’m surprised none of them showed up at this shed, but maybe they just figured it was too dark. Either way, I’m gonna keep looking.”

“Well, good luck, then. Hopefully we will meet again.”

The camera moves closer, creeping across the ground. “Wait, maybe you should take my knife. You know, for self-defense.”

“No, you may keep it,” says the woman, “I’m sure you would be more adept at using it than me, and I am not worried.”

The shot zooms menacingly on the woman, as she fades into the blackness.

Nobody is prepared though, as the next thing they see is a still shot of a corpse, one with cuts and slashes on its face and throat, blood staining it’s pink hair, and terror in its green eyes. Her face is horrifyingly pale, and a sickening crunching noise can be heard from off the shot. Blood sprays up from the bottom of her torso somewhere. The camera slowly backs away, and below Rinea, the forest floor moves past, as if the body is being dragged. The camera ducks into a nearby bush. The scene begins to go hazy.

“Ahaha, at last, we meet again!” I knew the two of you would be the last ones! I guessed it from the moment I saw the tenacity in your eyes!”

A shot of a man walking down the amphitheatre steps in an eerily sharp outfit can be seen.

“H-Huh? You mean… everyone else is-”

“Yes, yes! Dead, deceased, bought the farm, pushing up daisies, surely you get the idea.”

“No, I refuse to believe that. If they were all dead, you’d think we would have come across them by now. But we haven’t. I don't know where they are, but I refuse to believe they’re dead.”

“W-Well, he must have put them all down the wood chipper, right? That’s why we can’t find them! W-We only found Florian cause he jammed up the wood chipper! Isn’t that right?”

The shot pans up to two figures, the two men arguing with the killer. One of them levels a gun in his trembling hands, silhouetted against the fire.

“Huh? F-Florian…” says the killer, seemingly caught off guard.

“Yeah, Florian! Raul said he was c-covered in stab wounds. You did it, didn’t you? Using that knife you have?!”

“Wait, Koichi, I found something. Put the gun down.”

Koichi, his face suddenly lit by an ember flying in front of him, doesn’t seem to listen. “You killed them! I-I can’t save them… but I can give them justice!”

“W-Wait, you mean…” the killer says.

“Koichi, no!”

Koichi pulls the trigger, creating a burst of hot white light. A single bullet flies from the barrel, straight towards the killer. But as the shot pans over, it’s clear that something is wrong.

Raul lays on the ground, his body illuminated by the fire.

The figure, far from his usual demeanor, is staring in horror at Raul. “Oh my god… oh my god! Is he… he can’t be…”

“What have I done…” Koichi trembled next to the flickering flames. “Wh-What have I done?!”

“We need a medic! Where’s Rinea? Where’s anyone?

“I-I’m the murderer, aren’t I? I’m the real m-murderer… I’m g-gonna get executed…”

“N-Now hold on… We can’t be- W-Wait!”

Within a flash, Koichi had broken into a sprint, running away from the fire pit like he was running through no man’s land… The camera follows him as much as it can, and then the film ends.

fella

Bryan watches the video intently, noticably wincing at the close-up shot of Rinea's bloodied corpse. "Looks like this 'corpse' made off with James's camera and made their own little documentary. Welp, that explains the red light I saw and me being knocked out." He scratches his cheek. "But then again, someone else seemed to have the camera at first, and the corpse did have a knife... Maybe they took it by force? Rinea did have cuts on her, so maybe she decided to prank James by taking his camera first, but then the 'corpse' attacked her?" He then shakes his head.

"Dunno what they'd gain by recording everything, though... Oh, and another thing--since Irene and I were knocked out and ended up in the caves later on, were any of you guys knocked out, too?" he inquired, looking at Urumi, Keri, Jack, and V.A.L.

Last edited by Collin1002 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Koichi pointed at the video, shaking with fear and guilt. "S-See? I shot Raul..! What is the meaning of this..?"

Happy Maria

"It's quite curious", James admitted. "I will say though, they have quite the eye for cinema themselves. Truly incredible."

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The worst thing is after I shot Raul...I ran."

Koichi clutched his podium tightly, his eyes shut.

Happy Maria

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"The worst thing is after I shot Raul...I ran."

Koichi clutched his podium tightly, his eyes shut.

"Like an incorrigible coward, yes", James noted.

fella

"While you were a little, uh... trigger-happy there, you were scared out of your mind, so don't stress about it too much, okay?" Bryan said to Koichi. "But then again, Raul doesn't look any worse for wear... Was he wearing something that deflected the bullet, maybe?"

"Indeed...there is no other way to describe it," Koichi said to James.

"I would not describe myself as trigger-happy, Bryan," Koichi said, his eyes still shut. "The 'corpsed man' in the video was a threat. He attempted murder on V.A.L., and was causing too much chaos..."

Koichi shook his head before continuing. "...Perhaps Raul remembers the interaction, although he would have known why I asked him to take his shirt off. There must be something else happening here."

Irene rubs her eyes, wiping off any remaining tears. She then looks up. "I suppose it is my turn now."

"Shortly after James' story, Keri, Urumi and I made our way back until the cabins, until Keri and I noticed Urumi was not with us anymore-- yet we did not remember anything about her leaving. We did not remember the walk to the cabins either. Since nobody else had showed up until then, we decided to wait until more of us showed up. The next ones to arrive are Koichi, VAL and Jack, with Florian arriving from a different direction."

"This is where Koichi tells us about the... tuxedo monster. Thus, we decide to head back to the fire pit to check on everyone else. When we reach it, Jack is apparently nowhere to be seen. We were all confused, but Koichi and VAL seemed to know that we were attacked by a monster. with a long neck and clawed arms. It apparently dragged Jack away into the lake. Keri and Florian headed off to find the monster, while Koichi, VAL and I went to look for the masked man."

"We reach Raul and Rinea's position, where the masked man was indeed next to the door. It ran off, so VAL chased after it. This is when Rinea and I head to the cabins."

She pauses for a few moments. "I walk into the cabins, head to my bed and smoothen out the bedsheets. Then, I hear creaking and shuffling from behind me. As soon as I turn around, I was hit with something cold in the back of my head, and I fell unconscious."

"I do not know after how much time, but I do eventually wake up on the floor. Rinea is gone, and the door is unlocked. I open the door and stand in the doorway for some time, when Raul does indeed approach me. He did say the rest, thus I will not repeat it."

"I head back to my cabin after that, though... I do not remember much. I was walking to my cabin in one instant and the next one I was in the cave. I do remember something like... falling into the ground, however? Once I end up in the cave, I decide to watch the others. That is when I notice what could only be described as 'the monster'. So, I had only one choice. It was either going to kill me, or I killed it. And I chose the latter. Surely enough, I do kill it before anyone else notices it."

Irene sighs. "That is about all I recall."

Happy Maria

"And the monster you killed…was that the doctor Rina or the butler Flora in disguise?", James questioned. "Don't tell me it was an actual creature."

Southern Corn wrote:
"And the monster you killed…was that the doctor Rina or the butler Flora in disguise?", James questioned. "Don't tell me it was an actual creature."

Irene shakes her head. "It could not have been. It was definitely not human."
Page 72 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus