Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 10 of 18[ 684 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Re: Nonary Game 8: T&T (Round 3 Discussion Phase)Topic%20Title

Sock

Pitch sighs. "I'm not going to even bother. They'll have their fun busting my ass or whatever."

Pitch leans against a wall, waiting for either Psi or Blaze to speak for him.

Deux looked relieved after Virgo spoke up. "We really should be more careful than that, but I guess he'll be fine since Peri also woke up soon enough."

She turned to face Pitch. "But what about you? Psi and Blaze did this? D-did you try to do something bad in there?" She asked, expectantly looking at the other members of the group waiting for an answer.
Signature loading, please wait...

hi

Peri frowned, looking down at Pitch, but saying nothing. "I guess we should report what we found in our rooms then, while we wait for Psi or Blaze to explain this.

"We had the rest room, so there weren't any big revelations or anything. Just a normal living room with puzzles about battleships and finding lost dogs. It was pretty simple."

Gettin' Old!

Blaze sighed, his mighty body heaving with disappointment. He followed Pitch over to the wall ensuring that Pitch stayed within reach of Blaze's gargantuan arms.

"Yeah we did this. Psi proved pretty resourceful and captured him which is good." He glared at Pitch "I'd probably have left him in a worse state if I'd had to intervene." He said threateningly.

"Anyway..." He turned back to the others a confident smile on his face. "Pitch is actually one of the robbers from the bank heist so long ago. He murdered those guards in the shootout back then."

He gestured to Psi "Psi recognised his voice and so last turn we planned to corner him here and figure out what he knows."

He nudged Pitch painfully in the gut "You wanna tell them what you told us or should I?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sock

Pitch coughs loudly at the nudge in his gut.

"...Told 'em about my ex-partner. Name's Harley Martinez. Though I don't speak with him anymore. We robbed the bank and got out, though that bastard took everything one night and ran."

Gettin' Old!

Blaze nodded approvingly "Yeah, would be nice to know your real name as well Pitch but I'm not fully sure I believe you still so it'd be nice if anyone else could verify it or whether this Martinez is a real person." He said looking at the others "he told us the information under duress after all since all Pitch wants now is a chance to save his buddy who he thinks will be behind his redemption room."

Blaze leaned against the wall beside Pitch and double-checked the jury-rigged restraints on him. "As for our room it was a nursery room filled with butchered toys and other more normal things in it." He grimaced "I spaced out for a lot of it but we had a weird puzzle about seeds and Princesses, Psi will probably be able to better fill you in on what else there was."

Satisfied that Pitch's bindings were secure Blaze turned back to the others. An air of bashful shame about him. "By the way...Zero told me that there would be something...important to me in one of these rooms. If any of you found something like that. I'd sure appreciate it." He muttered clearly embarrassed
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

hi

Peri didn't seem too sure how to react at first, just staring at Pitch for a long time. Finally, her face hardened into a glare. "Pitch...so, you're one of them? I can't believe this. I don't think you really understand how awful that day was for me. For my son. He was just a child at the time, and he had to see what you and your 'friend' did first-hand. I have spent more than a decade making sure my son can be as happy and healthy as possible, and watching you two scar him like that was the worst thing I could imagine. People like you could never understand the consequences for your actions. When we escape, I hope you go to jail and never come out!"

Realizing her anger was getting the better of her, she stopped, turning away from Pitch and leaning against one of the walls, head in her hands.

Sock

Pitch looks off to the side and down by his feet. He remained silent.

Deux's eyes widened as Blaze explained what had happened in the room. "S-so, Pitch was responsible for that robbery...and..." She took a deep breath, trying to keep her composure to little success. "...and he killed those guards..."

She glared at Pitch, her eyes in that moment becoming more focused than they had been the whole game. "...you have to know something about this game. That heist seems to be at the center of all of this, and your...friend ran off on you. If you're telling the truth, couldn't he be the one behind all this? W-were you two involved in anything else that could be important here? Do you know anything that could help us at all?!" She asked in a startlingly loud tone, her voice starting to crack.
Signature loading, please wait...

Sock

Pitch shook his head. "No."

"It's possible Marty's Zero, but I'm pretty sure that crafty bastard wouldn't risk me ratting his ass out. I don't even know what'd cause someone from hosting this fuckin' 'game' anyways. If I knew anything to help get us outta here, I would've said something already."

"If you ask me, I don't know if what I did was enough to put us all in this fuckin' death game. There's something else to it, and fuck, I wish I knew what that was. What the hell happened after I got my ass out of the bank anyways? How the hell do half of you tie into this? I can't place either you, Sin or Virgo. And fuck, Blaze is a whole other mystery."

Sleeping is my life.

As the players talked, there was a groan. They looks toward Sin and indeed.... Sin is coming around.

Happy Maria

Psi gave a short nod. "Yeah, I can confirm what Blaze and Pitch are saying." She appeared to be oddly calm, her stutter seemingly no longer present. "I realised who Pitch was in an earlier room and discussed what to do with Blaze and Jupiter. When we went into the Nursery room, I pulled out a dart gun which I'd found in the Doctor's Office. It would've taken care of him nicely, but sadly the scumbag noticed and dodged it. He then tried to grab the gun from me... But he wasn't very smart. I only had one dart in the first place, but I even threw the gun on the floor since it had become useless. Either way, his attempt to steal it failed... Mainly because I was prepared." She paused to pull out a small bottle from her pocket. "Pepperspray. Always does the trick." She chuckled, putting it back in. "Managed to incapacitate him enough to the point where we could restrain him."

"Anyway, then we mostly grilled him. What he was doing that day, what happened to the money, and who his partner was. In fact, we actually managed to acquire some more details on this... Harley guy." She pulled out a small piece of paper and showed it to the others. On it, written in crayon was:

Quote:
• Harley Martinez
• Average sized, a little short of 5'10"
• Age unknown, though appeared to be in his early 40s
• Very fit, more than expected
• Dark brown hair which was slightly starting to grey
• Dark brown eyes
• Nicknamed 'Marty' by Pitch
• Helped mastermind the robbery with Pitch
• Stole the money for himself afterwards

"And that's all the information on him. Does any of all that happen to ring a bell to anyone?" Psi asked. "Anyway, that was all the major stuff. I didn't really happen to find out much more, sadly. Other than our grand interrogation, the room itself was surprisingly empty. A lot of it was just us looking around for stuffed toys. There was a duck, a polar bear wearing a scarf, and a goofy looking dinosaur. ...Oh, and we also managed to find... this weird thing."

Without warning, she suddenly pulled out a horrific looking body. Its head and limbs appeared to have been torn apart in a rather macabre display, with parts coming out of where they used to be. Its body appeared to be a strange shade of blue. It was... Was it even something they could call human..?

...Probably not, since judging by the stuffing coming out of it, it looked more like a blue teddy bear.

"This wasn't really used for anything in the room itself, actually", she clarified. "So maybe it could mean something to one of you guys? Oh, and another thing, did any of you find the key somewhere? Feels like one of us should've gotten it by now..."

Seeing Sin come around, she nodded, "Welcome back, Sin. We've got the culprit you've been looking for. Is everything alright?"

Sin stands up, rubbing his head. “We’re back here...?” He asks. “So much for being helpful. Tch... I’m sorry, Virgo and Jupiter. Thanks for saving my ass. Either of you guys mind telling me what happened in our room?”

He then turns to face Psi. “I’m fine, just pissed off. What the hell is this about a culprit though? What does that have to do with me?”

No other way than to make this mistake.

Joker wrote:
Sin stands up, rubbing his head. “We’re back here...?” He asks. “So much for being helpful. Tch... I’m sorry, Virgo and Jupiter. Thanks for saving my ass. Either of you guys mind telling me what happened in our room?”

He then turns to face Psi. “I’m fine, just pissed off. What the hell is this about a culprit though? What does that have to do with me?”

"I did the puzzles, we got out. Nothing more. Fucker had me go on a wild goose chase through every bookshelf, but!"

Virgo shows her bracelet number. It says 1!

"It paid off. Also-- I found this. I think you'll want to see it." Virgo opens a book-- no, a journal?-- and opens up a certain page. She puts it on the ground and kicks it, making it slide towards Sin. "Something about framing a guy called 'Emmott' in a case of Darren Emmott's murder, whoever that is. Looks like a poorly made sherlock holmes gone wrong story."

“Oh, you found a vote booster?” Sin replies. “Nice.”

Sin raises an eyebrow as the book slides over to him. He then bends down to pick it up, and begins reading it.

Happy Maria

Joker wrote:

"Ah, simple enough. We caught one of the bank robbers." Psi gestured to Pitch. "Took a bit of effort, but we got him and managed to make him tattle on his partner. His name was Harley Martinez. I know that means a lot to you... Detective."

She then looked at Virgo. "Ah, did you manage to get one of those vote increments? Fantastic! Though this Emmott murder sounds interesting... Never heard of him, though. Does it ring a bell to you, Detective?" She asked Sin rather casually.

9 Houses, 9 Cats, 9 Lives

Dee finally stopped being silent and started actually speaking.

"What the... what in the world..."

Breathing heavily, he looked at Pitch's face, his gaze being that of intense scrutiny, as if trying to match Pitch's face to something seen very, very long ago.

"YOU!!!!! You one of them?! Are you... oh no, oh no, oh no. It really is that face. That face. After all those nightmares, and here you are, right in front of me, and I didn't even recognize you! Tch..."

Dee's face now looked more like a mask than a face. All the warmth vanished, leaving behind nothing but anger.

"Listen to me, you monster. Was that your first bank robbery? Probably not, right? I still remember that lack of remorse or... any other human emotion, really. It looked like you two were used to doing this a lot. Am I wrong? For you, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Go in, kill some dudes, grab money, get out. Not even that memorable. For civilians, it was terror they'd remember for a lo-o-o-o-ong time. Do you even know how many nightmares I had?! I was ten. But enough about me, what about the guards?! They won't even have nightmares, they're dead! An action you might forget in a few days has affected me for years, but the guards don't even have that luxury, they're gone. Forever. Do you even know how long "forever" is?!"

"... I mean, you don't even care, do you? If you didn't care back then, why would you care now?"

Having said all that, Dee sighed, still shaking from his anger.

"Oh, Sin, you woke up. How are you now? When we were in our room, Zero outright told us someone failed a puzzle. Seems it was you. I'm sorry I didn't say anything earlier, I just... you know..."

Sock

Pitch glares at Dee.

“I don’t know all the shit you’ve been through. Can’t say I ever will. But don’t for a damn second start making claims about me.”

“First robbery? Yep. Masked up, too. Of course you can’t see someone’s emotions when they’re in a damn ski mask. If it makes you feel a hell of a lot better then think whatever you want, but thinking I’m some bastard serial killer who skips around the county robbing banks and killing for sport, then you’re dead wrong.”

Pitch sighs. “Fuck it. Who cares. All of you are gonna believe whatever you wanna believe. Not like it’s gonna change anything anyways.”

Gettin' Old!

Blaze looked down in sadness as Dee let Pitch have it. He opened his mouth to speak when suddenly he heard what Virgo and Sin were talking about and his eyes lit up. Lurching off the wall, Blaze rushed over to the journal as it slid towards Sin

"Actually....I...uh...you've got it wrong but I uh...I'd really appreciate that journal if it's ok?" Blaze chuckled awkwardly hunching over and wringing his mighty hands together with anxiety "That's uh....the really important thing I was talking about. Could I just get a little look please?" He pleaded with Sin.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Dee pauses for a moment. He seems to have spent all of his energy on the previous outburst, so now his speech was eerily calm, even though that obviously didn't match how he felt.

"A ski mask... huh... yeah, I suppose that'd explain why I didn't recognize you. I think I did have a glimpse of your face at some point, but only just a glimpse. Perhaps that's why, in my nightmares, your face was harder to discern. I didn't remember the mask, but, obviously, I didn't remember much of your face, either. Yes, that... explains some things."

"But even if this is your first robbery, don't think for one second that excuses you."

Sock

“Heh, of course not. But I sure ain’t gonna let my image get that much worse. If I’m gettin’ locked up, it’s going to be for what I did, not for what some kid thinks I’ve done.”

Happy Maria

Pierre wrote:
Blaze looked down in sadness as Dee let Pitch have it. He opened his mouth to speak when suddenly he heard what Virgo and Sin were talking about and his eyes lit up. Lurching off the wall, Blaze rushed over to the journal as it slid towards Sin

"Actually....I...uh...you've got it wrong but I uh...I'd really appreciate that journal if it's ok?" Blaze chuckled awkwardly hunching over and wringing his mighty hands together with anxiety "That's uh....the really important thing I was talking about. Could I just get a little look please?" He pleaded with Sin.

Psi gave a surprised look towards Blaze. "You mean... you're related to this Emmott fellow? Is this your journal, Blaze?"

Gettin' Old!

Blaze gave Psi a shocked look "What? No don't be ridiculous! It's not my journal but...look just see here."

Blaze reached into his tight jeans pockets and pulled out a rather crumpled note.
"I had this on me at the start of the game." He held the note up for others to see.

"I know you're innocent, and there's evidence that proves your innocence."

"I'm Darren Emmott. I got sent to prison for a crime I didn't commit. That journal there is the evidence I need to clear my name...uh...I think." He said looking at the book still in Joker's hands.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"W-wait, what?!" Psi shouted, staggered by this new revelation. "B-but wait, you were in prison the whole time? But then, how did you..? You tried to save me, remember! How could you do that unless... Did you break out?" She asked suddenly.

Sin seemed a bit surprised about Psi’s revelation about him. “So, you knew huh? Guess it was too much of a stretch to expect that to stay hidden. Kinda embarrassing that a bank teller catches the guy I’ve been trying to catch for the last five years... But whatever. I’ll make sure he’s locked up when we get out of here. Can’t say I’ve ever heard of this Emmott guy, unfortunately.”

Sin seemed even more surprised after Blaze revealed his true identity. “Innocent my ass! You’re a god damn murderer!” He shouted. “Rory Barr is dead because of you!”

Gettin' Old!

Blaze gulped and looked from the book in Sin's hands to Virgo and realising that perhaps she passed it to the worst person in the world.

"What are you talking about Sin? I don't even know the guy! You've got the proof of my innocence in your hands! Someone framed me!" He said desperately before sighing.

"No I didn't break out either, not intentionally anyway..." He said turning to Psi before swivelling back to Sin.

"Look just let me see the book then I'll explain everything ok? I haven't killed anyone."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Dee had no energy left to say much of anything, instead mumbling to himself and looking very confused.

"What is even happening..."

Happy Maria

Joker wrote:
Sin seemed a bit surprised about Psi’s revelation about him. “So, you knew huh? Guess it was too much of a stretch to expect that to stay hidden. Kinda embarrassing that a bank teller catches the guy I’ve been trying to catch for the last five years... But whatever. I’ll make sure he’s locked up when we get out of here. Can’t say I’ve ever heard of this Emmott guy, unfortunately.”

"Well, it's hard to forget all of that, Detective", Psi replied. "You spent a lot of time grilling me on the case, after all. Getting every last word from me about the crime... Anyway, it's a pity you don't know Emmot, but-"

Quote:
Sin seemed even more surprised after Blaze revealed his true identity. “Innocent my ass! You’re a god damn murderer!” He shouted. “Rory Barr is dead because of you!”

"W-wait, so you have heard of Emmott?" She asked, a little took back by how quickly Sin had shifted gears. "Y-you're saying he's a murderer?" She gave a nervous look at Blaze. "N-no, that's impossible! He wouldn't d-do such a thing! T-the journal implies that he was framed! T-there's no way he could have done it all!"

She looked around in extreme befuddlement, putting her hand over her head. "What on earth is going on here!?"

Sleeping is my life.

"Oh-ho! Quite the drama going on, I see!" Zero says in response to the current development. "Fireman's real name turns out to be Darren Emmott, so that's the first name reveal, indeed."

"Everyone calm the hell down. If this journal is so damn important then I'll read it so we can all hear it." Sin clears his throat as he holds up the journal, and finally begins reading it out loud.

“Despite Darren Emmott maintaining his innocence in the murder of Rory Barr, I really wanted to close this case quickly, so I decided to frame him by forging evidence. By forging the murder weapon and putting his fingerprints on the knife, I can ensure that Darren will be put away. This will be brilliant as I’ll maintain my perfect record of most cases solved.”

Sin closes the journal in disbelief. "No fuckin' way... I guess the rumors about the detective assigned to the case were true then. I heard he might have did some shady stuff to keep his perfect record, but I never had any proof... That piece of shit..."

Happy Maria

"S-see? I-I told you there's no way Blaze could ever do such a thing like t-that", Psi replied. "Still, I can't believe that detective was doing shady stuff like that... D-did you perhaps happen to know him? What was his name?"

Gettin' Old!

Blaze gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, veins popping on his neck in anger. "Yeah I'd very much like to know his identity too...you see now why that book is important to me? Maybe the owners name is in there." Realising he was trembling Blaze took a breath "Yeah so Zero was right, there was evidence proving my innocence."

He looked over to Psi "So yeah...I wasn't entirely honest about how I ran into your kidnapping but it's nothing awful I promise."

He looked down at his bandaged hands. "I was in an accident...but it was a prison bus. We were being transferred to a different prison when we got wrecked." He shrugged "Maybe it was a prison break for someone else? Isn't that the kind of thing criminals do? Anyway I was in a bad way and couldn't find anyone when I got out of the wreck. Luckily I had a friend who lived in your area so I went looking for him to try and help me. The rest you know."

He sighed, but with satisfaction "This is all I need in order to clear my name once out of here." He extended one giant hand towards Sin "Can I keep a hold of it please?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

No other way than to make this mistake.

"You're welcome," Virgo mumbles to herself, along a few curses.

Digging around in her pockets, the then calls out- "Oh, I also got this." She throws a key of some sort into the air. "It's a trial key, obviously. I'm betting the next lucky one is either Psi or Pitch. Toss a coin, I guess."

"Detective Trevor Barnes." Sin replied. "That's the asshole who wrote this journal."

He handed the journal to Blaze. "I'll try and help you clear your name once we get out of here. I want to see Barnes pay for what he's done. And... I'm sorry about accusing you of murder."

Gettin' Old!

Blaze grinned grasping the journal from Sin in an exchange of unparalleled masculinity. "Thanks, with this I'm pretty much free once we get out of here." He said, relief evident in his face.

He smiled at Virgo "And thanks to you too. I was meaning to ask everyone to keep an eye out for something before we went in but I had no idea what this proof of my innocence was." He turned the book over in his hands "Makes me wonder whether Zero got to Barnes as well if he got this book, or how he even knew I was framed in the first place." He muttered
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Psi put her hands up as the key was thrown into the air in surprise, only for the key to somehow land in her hands anyway. "U-um... well, I guess we should check this out?" She tried the key on the door, hoping she wouldn't get shocked again.

Sleeping is my life.

As Psi puts the key into the keyhole.... She let out a yelp and quickly pulls away, leaving the key inside the keyhole. Guess this wasn't her Redemption Room, after all.

"Oh-ho... Seems like you have a knack for getting zapped, Psychic." Zero says.

As per Virgo's suggestion, the players looks towards Pitch. It's possible that this must be his Redemption Room. But given that his arms were tied up in Psi's scarf... It'd be difficult for Pitch to undergo the trial, especially with his arms tied up like that.

Happy Maria

"O-ow, not again... well, I guess this might be his room, after all." Psi gave an angry look at Pitch. "If it is, though, then we kight have to temporarily untie him till he comes back. But only till then. Otherwise it'd be too risky."

Gettin' Old!

"Guess we should untie him. Jupiter, Sin, help me keep him in line while we give him his shot." Blaze said beckoning to the two others to come help.

Guiding Pitch over to the door, Blaze conducted one last search to make sure Pitch wasn't carrying any weapons. "Now pass the key here, we'll let Pitch try it." He said to Psi.

"This is probably the shot you wanted so I hope your friend is ok. He probably doesn't deserve this at least." He told Blaze as he got ready to undo the restraints once the key was in hand.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Psi passed the key to Blaze.

...What, you need me to add anything else? That's it, go home.
Page 10 of 18 [ 684 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus