Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 28 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch2 Exploration PhaTopic%20Title

Shy guy

"Finally we find some books, and they're ancient Eldritch tomes of unspeakable magic. Great," Seb muttered, heading deeper into the library regardless. "Still, 'secret tunnels' sound like they'd be quite relevant now."

Happy Maria

A lot of the other books don't seem to be of much relevance. There's a few books about mining and diamonds, but it doesn't seem particularly useful to the group. One small log sits in a corner, detailing the events that occurred in the mine. It appears to be several years old and ends abruptly, most likely during the time of the cave-in. There doesn't seem to be many details about these secret tunnels either, though they are mentioned in a book or two. The blocked off tunnels from earlier are still there, though. Maybe the group could figure out a way to enter there.

Shizune immediately wheeled up to one of the shelves, pulled off what seemed to be a completely random book, opened it in her lap, and began reading happily.

The American Dream

Along the way, Brandy had picked up one of the stray pickaxes and went to town on one of the boulders blocking off a tunnel. However, she couldn't put as much force behind her swings as she would have liked because, well, you know. So, she instead got really sweaty and frustrated while chipping away at the big rock.

Happy Maria

Brandy's efforts don't make much of an impression on the boulder. It isn't long before the pickaxe itself breaks, clearly too rusty for use.

Charlie picked a pickaxe not too long after Brandy did. Instead of doing anything useful though, she started whacking a wall with several visible diamonds on it with a hungry look on her face.

... The pick broke very quickly. "Fuck! Did anyone bring those tools from the hideout?!"

Sock

Bennett, who had been leaning on a rock and watching Brandy’s struggle can’t help but laugh a little bit. Not to mock her, but at the situation itself.

“You always were something else when frustrated like this, eh? If it were that easy to mine our way out then I can’t see Belphy letting us get access to one of those damn things.” He points to the now broken pickaxe on the ground.

The American Dream

Kachu wrote:
Bennett, who had been leaning on a rock and watching Brandy’s struggle can’t help but laugh a little bit. Not to mock her, but at the situation itself.

“You always were something else when frustrated like this, eh? If it were that easy to mine our way out then I can’t see Belphy letting us get access to one of those damn things.” He points to the now broken pickaxe on the ground.

Brandy huffed, wiping sweat from her brow. "Be that as it may, it was still worth a shot. You don't get places in life by jus' standin' around."

She fruitlessly tried to dust off her shirt when it was probably more worthwhile to just go get one of her less dirty and less sweaty extras at that point. "But o' course, you know that as well as I."

No other way than to make this mistake.

Daniel, who observed Brandy and Charlie try to break open a boulder, places a hand on the rock they were trying to break. "I don't think we'd be able to break this rock open anyways, soldiers. I have a real feeling that pickaxe up there would have just snapped in half like some boot in his first day." He grunts, taking a look at his immediate surroundings.

"Not that there's more to do in this shitty cave."

Shy guy

At some point Seb had left the library. There'd be time for books later, if yesterday was anything to go by.

"Do you think it's possible to just move the rocks?" he suggested, examining them from a distance. "With ropes we can combine our strength and do more than any one of us could with some rusty old tools."

KamiPanda wrote:
At some point Seb had left the library. There'd be time for books later, if yesterday was anything to go by.

"Do you think it's possible to just move the rocks?" he suggested, examining them from a distance. "With ropes we can combine our strength and do more than any one of us could with some rusty old tools."

"That's a good idea, solder." Daniel puts his hand to his chin, contemplating Seb's suggestion for a few seconds. "Do we have any rope anywhere here though? I don't remember passing it."

Sock

WinterCoat wrote:
Kachu wrote:

Brandy huffed, wiping sweat from her brow. "Be that as it may, it was still worth a shot. You don't get places in life by jus' standin' around."

She fruitlessly tried to dust off her shirt when it was probably more worthwhile to just go get one of her less dirty and less sweaty extras at that point. "But o' course, you know that as well as I."

“Hey, you’ve got that right on the money. Always were a smart girl, yeah?”

Bennett walks over to the broken pickaxe and picks a chunk of it up. Then he hurls it at the rock. This, of course, does absolutely nothing. Bennett shrugs. “If you’re still up for trying we could head back and get those tools in your super secret base.”

Then he turns to Daniel and Seb. “That might work, probably. Though we’re not going to get anywhere if they’re anything like the rocks back by the waterfall.”

The American Dream

Kachu wrote:
“Hey, you’ve got that right on the money. Always were a smart girl, yeah?”

Bennett walks over to the broken pickaxe and picks a chunk of it up. Then he hurls it at the rock. This, of course, does absolutely nothing. Bennett shrugs. “If you’re still up for trying we could head back and get those tools in your super secret base.”

Then he turns to Daniel and Seb. “That might work, probably. Though we’re not going to get anywhere if they’re anything like the rocks back by the waterfall.”

Brandy watched as he pointlessly threw the broken chunk at the rock. His "smart girl" comment made her feel a certain way, but she paid that feeling no mind. "Yeah, 'super secret' is one way to describe that place... Feel free to go get 'em, but I've got a feelin' there's a trick to these rocks."

Charlie gave up on the rocks and used the handle of her busted pickaxe to break open an old rotting wood crate. It was full of rocks.

"We can't move on yet! These are diamond mines! Diamonds!" she said, digging through the crate of useless rocks.

Datamatt wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:

"That's a good idea, solder." Daniel puts his hand to his chin, contemplating Seb's suggestion for a few seconds. "Do we have any rope anywhere here though? I don't remember passing it."

"Can we perhaps fashion some rope with some of the vines..? There must be something we can use."

Shy guy

"There was rope in the hideout. Ciro used some, right?" Seb pointed out. "But we don't want to risk any snapping. I think Ivan's got the right idea, those vines were pretty strong."

Ivan and Sebastian go weave up a couple of ropes for a few hours and then come back to one of the blocked passageways, tying the rope around one of the boulders and pulling. The two of them yank the boulder out of place (after snapping a few of their ropes).

Cool air seeps into the tunnel from the small gap that is made. It seems large enough for any person to crawl through. Sebastian and Ivan can see their breath.

"Alright, soldiers! Excellent work, but no going back now!" Daniel says, heading into the tunnel first.

Daniel can feel the temperature dropping as he quickly makes his way through the tunnel. By the time he's made it to the other side, his ears feel numb. He takes out his torch and investigates.

The first thing in front of him are a series of beautiful frosted, glassy-looking columns. It doesn't take long to figure out what they are: icicles.

As he moves further in, the tunnel widens and becomes an immense, white cavern. Daniel begins to feel something crunching beneath his feet: the stone floor of the cavern is covered in snow. The landscape is picturesque, with pristine dunes of white covering what must be a sloping, valley-like floor.

In the center of the valley is a log building. At the far end of the cavern the ground appears to flatten out. When Daniel walks on it, he slips and falls. It's dark, black ice! Apparently there's a rather large underground lake right here! Right next to the lake are two little igloos. On the far side of it there's another waterfall, this one with nothing behind it. On this edge of the lake some of the water isn't frozen, due to the waterfall, and it seems to flow deep into the earth below.

Just another day.

Matt searched high and low for what felt like forever but failed to find a single unbroken bottle of beer, with great disappointment, Matt went to the radio and began working on it to see if he might be able to get it to get a signal.

Sock

Bennett approaches the tunnel and cups his hands around his mouth before shouting in it. "You alright in there Sergeant Sleepyhead?" He shivers slightly at the cool air coming through the tunnel.

"We should follow him..." Ivan said, appearing somewhat worried over Daniel. "It doesn't do good for just one person to explore, does it?"

With that, Ivan followed Daniel's lead and headed into the icy tunnel.

After a little while of buzzing and static, Matt manages to get the radio to pick something up.

"This will be the fifth consecutive day of thunderstorms here in Rattlewater. The storm will start at around 2 PM and will not stop until late this evening. The high for today will be a cool seventeen degrees. Be sure to take a jacket, and don't spend too long outside. Lightning has been very dangerous recently."

Its the voice of Kelly Altenwald from the local news station.

"Later on we'll be talking about the Expedition for Enola Gardner and the Mayor's statements on the controversy surrounding it. Tune in, after this..."

Matt fiddles around and finds a couple of music stations as well.

Unrelatedly, Ivan makes his way into the ice cavern perfectly fine, although it is very cold.

The American Dream

"Mayor's statements....?" Brandy wondered aloud, having heard the radio. "What's goin' on up there?"

fella

WinterCoat wrote:
"Mayor's statements....?" Brandy wondered aloud, having heard the radio. "What's goin' on up there?"

"I'm wondering that too," Oliver chimed in, having taken the banjo with him after his attempt to clean it up a bit. "Frankly, I'm surprised that we found a frequency down here, but that's besides the point. Maybe if we hear the mayor's statements, we could possibly try to understand something about our situation..."

Just another day.

Collin1002 wrote:
WinterCoat wrote:

"I'm wondering that too," Oliver chimed in, having taken the banjo with him after his attempt to clean it up a bit. "Frankly, I'm surprised that we found a frequency down here, but that's besides the point. Maybe if we hear the mayor's statements, we could possibly try to understand something about our situation..."

"Course I found a damn signal, I fixed the damn thing. Definately wanna hear what that shit for brains mayor has to say about this whole shitshow."
Matt sat down near the radio and picked up the cards nearby.

Aint much else to do, till the damn mayor comes on guess ill pass the time with the cards, any you fuckers wanna deal in or should I sit and play solitare?

Meanwhile Shizune still had her nose in one of the books at the library, apparently blissfully unaware of the recent discoveries.

Shy guy

Ignoring what was going on in the recreation room, Seb crawled through the tunnel as well. The temperature dropped quickly, and he was already shivering once he got up inside the cavern beyond the tunnel. He hurried towards the log cabin to see what was inside, hoping there'd be something to warm up with.

Daniel grunts, getting back up from the slip. He rubs his hand together and keeps his torch close. He calls out to the others in a louder voice, "I'm doing fine, soldiers, but it's DAMN cold in here!"

Daniel begins heading for the log building, slowly but surely.

"You are beginning to age, aren't you?" Ivan smirked as he walked with Daniel towards the log cabin. "Sleeping on the job, slipping and falling..."

"Perhaps it's time for me to finally surpass you?" he joked while rubbing his hands together for warmth.

The log cabin is surprisingly a mess hall, with one long table and apparently electric lights and gas heat. There's a couple of cobwebs hanging over the place. It's sparsely decorated. On the wall are a couple of snowshoes, a few skies, and the taxidermized head of an elk with pitch-black eyes.

In the back is a door and a window leading into a cramped kitchen. There's an oven, cookware, a sink that doesn't work, and a couple of cabinets filled with some ancient food. There is also a freezer with some frosted chunks of who knows inside plastic wrap or tinfoil.

Benjamin had also not heeded Nail’s warnings and began leafing through the books with intense interest. “It’s amazing how much the world can change while one’s in prison. A Lion King remake is one thing, but now we have magic? Can’t believe nobody told me.”

He began folding the corners of some pages and passing relevant books to Shizune. One of the pages described was a spell about transcribing thoughts to text.

A few people are gathered by the radio when the report on the Gardner Expedition comes on.

Kelly Altenwald takes a few seconds introducing the mayor, referring to the fact that some people have been calling for an end to the expedition.

The mayor's statement is as follows:

"I would just like to address some of the criticism I have been receiving. The expedition has been going well. The expedition group is still hard at work, finding the missing person. There have been some delays, but I assure you, everyone is still safe and things are proceeding smoothly. I assure you that this community has strong heroes, and that there's no need to rush things. At this time it does not like we'll be needing any national aid. Thank you all for supporting the mission and Rattlewater."

Kelly Altenwald says the next set of comments are from everyday citizens.

"I just don't think it's right, you know, all this trouble for some ne'er-do-well girl. I certainly don't want Ivan Ivanov or any other hunky police officers getting hurt over Miss Gardner! If anything bad happens, it'll be on that girl's head and the mayor's head! He's had them at this for too long already! I have tickets to a concert for Oliver this Saturday, so if he ain't back by then I'll be really peeved!"

"I heard they brought some weird blonde kid from out of town for this expedition. Get this, though, nobody anywhere knows his name or anything. Someone did some digging and found out he was possibly from a high-security prison in the big city! They said that the mayor seems to have specially requested that guy! If that isn't suspicious, I don't know what is!"

"So my neighbor is Dr. Klifford, one of the sixteen people on this expedition, and guess what I found out. Right before he went on this expedition he took nearly all the cash from his house. His wife and kid are starving! I can't tell if all the crying she's been doing is because he's been gone too long or if it's for her own health. But uh, Kliff, if you hear this, Leanne misses you, buddy. She says she doesn't care if you get the cash back or not. She just wants you safe."

The report stops there. The radio goes back to the weather for a while.

fella

Oliver seemed pleased at the comment about someone having purchased tickets for his concert, a coy smirk appearing on his face as that was mentioned, though he quickly furrowed his brow. "Either the mayor is somehow completely clueless, or he's a liar. Things are most certainly NOT going smoothly," he stated matter-of-factly.

He shot a glance at Klifford at the mention of him taking nearly all of the cash from his house, along with a raised brow, but didn't say anything. He just went back to listening to the radio.

“Hunky...?”

The American Dream

"Goin' smoothly... yeah right," Brandy huffed.

"Breaking news, the mayor's a scumbag." Charlie huffed. "Him trying to cover this up is pretty much proof he trapped us here, right? I knew it..."

Just another day.

"That fucker thinks things are going well? When I get out of this Rathole my boots gonna go on an expadition in his ass, and im sure it will go well too, hell if i know how long it will be stuck there though...but sure as fuck it wont let him forget this shit!
Matt was expectedly pissed.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"So my neighbor is Dr. Klifford, one of the sixteen people on this expedition, and guess what I found out. Right before he went on this expedition he took nearly all the cash from his house. His wife and kid are starving! I can't tell if all the crying she's been doing is because he's been gone too long or if it's for her own health. But uh, Kliff, if you hear this, Leanne misses you, buddy. She says she doesn't care if you get the cash back or not. She just wants you safe."

The report stops there. The radio goes back to the weather for a while.

Klifford was sitting down listening to the radio with the others. However, at the mention of his name and his wife he jumped up.

"What the hell?!" He shouted angrily, ignoring the rest of the message. "I did no such thing! Who would say something like this?"

The American Dream

Joker wrote:
Klifford was sitting down listening to the radio with the others. However, at the mention of his name and his wife he jumped up.

"What the hell?!" He shouted angrily, ignoring the rest of the message. "I did no such thing! Who would say something like this?"

"I wasn't gonna say anythin', but since even you don't know what that's about, I'd say it adds to the idea that the mayor has a conspiracy goin' against us," Brandy said.
Page 28 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus