Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 43 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 2 End)Topic%20Title

Datamatt wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
Ivan burst into the police station, combing through each and every inch and noticed almost nothing different. There was one major omission, however, and that was his staff. He looked for what felt like hours to see if there were any potential clues or signs of life, but to no avail.

He stepped out of the police station and stared above him, hoping to see a sky.

"...What a scheme," Ivan grumbled. After a few more tense breaths, he attempted to relax and headed off to the bar with Daniel.

Daniel is in the bar, currently scouring it in search for any drinks. Noticing Ivan, he turns his head towards him. "Found anything in the station, Ivan? You sure don't look like you did."

"...No," Ivan sighed. "It's just...so empty in there."

Ivan gave a friendly nod to Sebastian as he grabbed a glass of water and sat down.

"It's disturbing, really. They have us in the palm of their hands...creating a model town like that with such shocking accuracy. But worst of all, I don't know what to do at this point. I suppose we should try and enter the town hall, but then what..? How do we proceed from here..? Belphegor surely has not left us with a method for escape."

He took another sip of water and closed his eyes.

"...I apologize for my ramblings. We're all trying to relax, are we not..?"
Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch3 Exploration PhaTopic%20Title

Shy guy

"We do need to think about a solution, if one exists... but rushing around probably won't help," Seb said awkwardly, fumbling with a glass as he poured himself some cola. "This is the first time in a while we've really been able to relax. It's difficult to unwind when you're living out of tents or trapped in sub-zero caverns." He kept his eyes on his drink as he took a sip, not really looking directly at either of the men in the pub with him.

Just another day.

Matt after finishing up at the shop and grabbing a toolbox headed over to the bar, and kicked the door open.
"Im Back to my one true home." Matt sat down and began drinking his beer since there wasnt a proper bartender to serve him his usual."

fella

Curiosity got the best of Oliver, and he decided to approach the town hall as well, wondering if there was a way inside. In his hands was a banjo, likely taken from the previous location. He held onto it rather tightly.

When he arrived at the town hall, he was greeted by a spectacle -- the one-armed, one-eyed treasure hunter hopping around on one foot. He raised his brows at this extraordinary sight. "Ah, Miss Henn? Is your foot alright?"

Klifford waved goodbye to Shizune as she left and then started to explore the hospital.

The American Dream

Collin1002 wrote:
Curiosity got the best of Oliver, and he decided to approach the town hall as well, wondering if there was a way inside. In his hands was a banjo, likely taken from the previous location. He held onto it rather tightly.

When he arrived at the town hall, he was greeted by a spectacle -- the one-armed, one-eyed treasure hunter hopping around on one foot. He raised his brows at this extraordinary sight. "Ah, Miss Henn? Is your foot alright?"

"Ah, yeah," Brandy replied, having stopped hopping around like a raving lunatic. "My foot's fine. I was jus' tryin' to open these doors, but I ain't a 'Great Witch,' it seems."

She seemed a little embarrassed and ashamed.

KamiPanda wrote:
"We do need to think about a solution, if one exists... but rushing around probably won't help," Seb said awkwardly, fumbling with a glass as he poured himself some cola. "This is the first time in a while we've really been able to relax. It's difficult to unwind when you're living out of tents or trapped in sub-zero caverns." He kept his eyes on his drink as he took a sip, not really looking directly at either of the men in the pub with him.

"I don't know if we have time to relax," Ivan sighed. "But I won't stop any of you."

He finished his water and set his cup aside.

"...What do you all think of Rattlewater?"

Just another day.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:

"I don't know if we have time to relax," Ivan sighed. "But I won't stop any of you."

Matt hearing ivan ask the question and rather annoyed he isnt able to drink in peace decided to answer too get it out of the way.
"Its a shithole, but its my shithole, sides that kid of mine likes the place too much to move our asses out."
Matt took another drink. "now be quiet dumbass, I aint drunk enough yet for this chatter crap."
Matt began mumbling about him not being able to get his usual thanks to a lack of a bartender.

"It's not quite London, but I can't deny there's a certain charm to it." Benjamin opined as he walked into the bar.

He took a stool right next to Ivan, pouring himself a glass of ice. He took a cube from it and chewed. "I have a question for you, Ivan. I don't doubt your genuine love for this place, or its citizens. But you have been hiding something from us from the beginning, which troubles me."

Ivan poured himself another glass of water and stared straight ahead of him.

"What do you think I'm hiding, exactly..?" Ivan questioned, his face cool and unbothered.

"You know something about this town. Something that affects this expedition, or maybe even gives us insight to why we're here." Benjamin smoothly grabbed another piece of ice from his glass but it slipped out of his hand and behind the counter.

"...I apologize, but I know nothing," Ivan sighed, still staring straight ahead. "My lack of knowledge bothers me more than it bothers you, let me assure you that."

"I would say that I know suspiciously little, actually...whatever secrets I hold have no bearing on our expedition. You have my word."

There seemed to be a pervasive tension in the air as Benjamin eyed Ivan. He spoke after a few seconds, "Very well."

Then the tension dissipated just as quickly.

No other way than to make this mistake.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:

"Aha!" Daniel exclaims, as he finds the beer he was looking for. He pours it into a mug for himself, then sets both on the counter.

Hearing Benjamin and Ivan talk, he nods along. "It's a nice, calm town, Ivan. Perfect for my retirement. I didn't always live here, but I heard enough good stories from people I can trust 'bout this town."

He takes a sip, which equals to about half of the mug for him, "So it ticks all the boxes."

"...Well then, I have a question for you," he said to Benjamin. "Quid pro quo."

Ivan took another sip of water.

"Why has the mayor forced you onto this expedition..? I don't believe it was your choice...as I recall, it's 'to your benefit to be on your best behavior.'"

Not expecting a response, Ivan threw in a casual remark. "I'm just...curious, is all."

Shy guy

Not wanting to interrupt the new topic, Sebastian didn't answer Ivan's question and instead listened to them talking. He seemed a little cowed by the situation.

"He didn't force me to." Benjamin explained. "He asked me as a favor, and I accepted. I wasn't promised anything in return, I'm doing it because I believed I could help save a girl... and anything is better than prison."

He chewed on another piece of ice. "That 'best behavior' bit means little. Beverly just meant that I could get into more trouble if I had hurt anyone or misbehaved." He seemed to be ignoring the detail that he had already broken Ciro's hand, much like Ciro himself.

"...I see," Ivan nodded.

He went silent for a few moments before asking another question, hesitating a bit.

"Why did the mayor ask you..? I...have no knowledge of your history. Or your skillset, past what you've already shown. At first, I couldn't wrap my mind around it...but here we are in a killing game. I am almost completely sure the mayor is involved."

Ivan closed his eyes in thought. "It's almost as if...we were targeted. But you aren't a Rattlewater native. And you were doing time...surely, there's no way..."

"...I'm sorry...You don't have to answer that," Ivan sighed apologetically.

"Perhaps I will. As a gesture of my newfound respect for you." Benjamin smiled, before dropping to a grim expression just as quickly. "But I must warn you. This information will absolutely increase your day-to-day chance of dying."

He leaned over in his stool, looking at Seb. "Is this a bad idea?"

After restocking at the print shop, Shizune glanced up and down the street, unsure where to go now. The bar didn't appeal to her, despite hearing a few voices there.

She decided to pass it and headed for the bowling alley.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Perhaps I will. As a gesture of my newfound respect for you." Benjamin smiled, before dropping to a grim expression just as quickly. "But I must warn you. This information will absolutely increase your day-to-day chance of dying."

"...I think I'll be fine," Ivan said, scratching his head in confusion.

Shy guy

JesusMonroe wrote:

Seb jumped a little at being directly called out. "Um... Well, Ivan and Daniel should be trustworthy, and would definitely keep your secret well, being police and army-trained respectively. As for Matt, you're his tent-mate and seem to regard him highly. So long as no-one else overhears I think it would be fine..." he said, ignoring the fact that everything said here was public anyway. "Also..." he continued with a sigh, "at this point things are so out of our hands, so far from anything any of us would call 'normal', that it's really the least of our worries."

Benjamin nodded at Seb's assessment. "I completely agree."

He turned back to Ivan. "This is confidential information. You can feel free to share this with the rest of the group, but nobody else. I used to be a spy--well, that was the story of my life before being imprisoned. The mayor knew of my skillset, and knew MI6 would be unwilling to dispose one of their active agents for this mission. That was why he asked for me." He took a brief pause. "Or so he said."

fella

WinterCoat wrote:
Collin1002 wrote:

"Ah, yeah," Brandy replied, having stopped hopping around like a raving lunatic. "My foot's fine. I was jus' tryin' to open these doors, but I ain't a 'Great Witch,' it seems."

She seemed a little embarrassed and ashamed.

"Ah, I see. My guess is that only Belphegor is allowed in here. Maybe it's his base of operations or something of the sort! Though witches are usually female, and Belphegor seems to be male, so... hmm. Perplexing name," Oliver said, shrugging his shoulders.

Ivan's eyes widened a bit in surprise, softening just moments later.

"...I see."

He tapped his fingers along the bar counter, processing this information.

"Your secret is safe with me," Ivan said with a smile. A few moments later, his smile softened into a frown, as if he were recollecting something.

"...If I had made any unjust assumptions when we first met, I apologize," Ivan said suddenly. "I still have much to learn..."

No other way than to make this mistake.

Daniel finishes his mug in his second sip. "Well, soldier, I don't think Ivan nor I want to go around parroting your secret, so it's safe with us. I guess they hire kids for anything nowadays. Though looks deceive and all."

Just another day.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...If I had made any unjust assumptions when we first met, I apologize," Ivan said suddenly. "I still have much to learn..."

"Yer damn right ya do!" Matts head was on the table he was drinking on with a surprising number of empty cups...he was drunk.

"barkeep, anot...ano...he he...ow right, no barkeep here...got those drinks myself, guess since this ain't the actual bar ill work on that damn radio so It might pick something up here if possible...maybe I can listen to something decent in a bar for once."
Matt lifted up the radio he had brought from the last part of the cave to work on now that he had some proper tools.

“I appreciate it.” Benjamin nodded at Ivan and Daniel. “And please don’t worry about things in the past, Ivan. The only thing ever worth focusing on is today.”

The American Dream

Collin1002 wrote:
"Ah, I see. My guess is that only Belphegor is allowed in here. Maybe it's his base of operations or something of the sort! Though witches are usually female, and Belphegor seems to be male, so... hmm. Perplexing name," Oliver said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Unless Belphegor really wants to be a princess, I don't think the rule applies to him," Brandy said, half-joking. "Maybe the witch ain't even among us. For all we know, this could be here to mislead us. If anythin', I'm more worried 'bout this Midnight Harvest nonsense. I can't help but get the sinkin' feelin' that we're the crops in such a harvest..."

She shuddered a little. "I wonder if there's clues anywhere else in town."

JesusMonroe wrote:
He chewed on another piece of ice. "That 'best behavior' bit means little. Beverly just meant that I could get into more trouble if I had hurt anyone or misbehaved." He seemed to be ignoring the detail that he had already broken Ciro's hand, much like Ciro himself.

Ciro, who had come in, seeing as no one was interested in his restaurant, swiftly gave Benjamin the bird, before instantly walking out.

Shy guy

Seb looked perplexed for a moment. What was a sushi chef doing with a bird? Shaking his head, he returned to the matter at hand.

"At this point it isn't really anything surprising, but, isn't it strange that the mayor would have wanted a member of the MI6, of all things, just for this expedition?" he said, swirling an ice cube around inside his drink. "One girl goes missing down a cave, and he wanted someone from a top intelligence service? Benjamin, did you or Beverly, or anyone else involved, know any more about the mission before you went off on it?"

“Well, I had met the mayor before when he visited me in prison. Perhaps he just liked what he saw?” Benjamin scratched his head. “But no, we didn’t know more than you did. We were given a dossier with your names and talents as well as some info about Enola, but it’s all the same stuff you’ve heard.”

JesusMonroe wrote:
“I appreciate it.” Benjamin nodded at Ivan and Daniel. “And please don’t worry about things in the past, Ivan. The only thing ever worth focusing on is today.”

"I wonder if that's true," Ivan sighed.

"Regardless...this is just speculation, but if the mayor was involved, then Mrs. Gardner was not his main concern. I think...he wanted all of us to partake in this killing game."

"...What a despicable man!" He suddenly yelled. "We were targeted. That's what I think."

Shy guy

"I've had to come to the same conclusion," Seb spoke up, though quietly. "There's a chance the mayor formed some kind of 'pact' with Belphegor, offering our souls in sacrifice or something strange and magic like that," he said, clearly annoyed at even having to entertain the prospect. "Thanks to Benjamin we already found out that the mayor will do 'absolutely anything' if he thinks it's for the sake of Rattlewater."

"...So will I," Ivan growled with his eyes closed. "For Rattlewater, I will do everything. That includes destroying whoever is involved with this horrible ordeal. The mayor, or someone else. Whoever it is...I will bring them to justice!"

He roughly slammed his glass of water on the counter, causing it to shatter.

*CLACK* *CLACK*

The sound of wooden wheels across pavement comes from the middle of town.

Confused, the stars turn their heads to see a wooden cart with a canopy hanging over it slowly rolling down main street. As they near the cart, they can see that a pristine, ivory bell lays inside of it.

Next to it is a note.

Spoiler: Rules
Ring this Bell of Forgiveness if you would like to be given a blank slate. The effects are as follows:

1. Everyone outside of The World Below will forget that your victims ever existed, forging memories in such ways that they will have lived their lives never having met these people. The World Above will be the same except that any evidence of the existence of these people will be erased or explained away by a false memory.

2. Anyone who escapes The World Below will forget your about your victims as well as they leave.

You may ring the Bell of Forgiveness at any time.

- FROM BELPHEGOR

Ivan's eyes widened as he read the note. Approaching the bell, his hand hovered over it before he retracted and stepped backwards.

"...Hmph," he sighed as he walked away. "...I was almost entranced for a second. What is this world above and world below nonsense..?"

Ciro shrugs.

"I don't have any use for this, I have no victims, I don't believe at this."

Ciro puts a hand to his chin.

"If I don't have any victims but ring the bell, then nothing will happen right? So maybe I could ring it to see if I even have any victims."

Lone wrote:
Ciro shrugs.

"I don't have any use for this, I have no victims, I don't believe at this."

Ciro puts a hand to his chin.

"If I don't have any victims but ring the bell, then nothing will happen right? So maybe I could ring it to see if I even have any victims."

"...As I recall, you have several I might call 'victims,'" Ivan snapped.

"Ah, you're right. Although have I not been punished appropriately?"

Ciro looks at the bell.

"Although, ringing this bell will erase the victims' existence, not the damage I have caused. Perhaps doing so will only make things worse."

He steps away from it.
Page 43 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus