Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 89 of 95[ 3796 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 95  Next

Re: Danganronpa F7: Die on a Hill (Chapter 4)Topic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

It seems the first to step into the cafeteria is, in fact, Luke. Oddly enough, this time he's actually awake enough, missing his jacket, however.

He heads over to the coffee machine, sets it up to make some bomb ass coffee, and rubs his face in frustration. "Fuck this week," He mutters, leaning on the table.

Adel walked in soon after, somehow not spotting Luke. He took a seat very close to his table, in a very annoying way.

He rubbed his stomach, still hurting from Luke's mega powerful kick.

Leaning back in his chair, he accidentally presses into Luke. Uh oh!

Luke shoves the chair away. Hard.

"Wooooah!" Adel screamed, falling off his chair.

He turned his head and saw Luke had shoved him away. "W-Why are you being so mean?!"

Happy Maria

"Oh geez, what's goin' on here?" Max groaned as he stepped into the room. He didn't have his hat on this time but it was probably because it was dirtied now. "Guys, could we not start fightin' this early? It ain't helpin' anybody here."

"U-umm... i-is this a bad time...?" Tsubasa wondered as she crept into the cafeteria clutching a large sheet of paper. "I-It can wait if it is... maybe after everyone's e-eaten..."

"...I-it's okay," Adel said to Tsubasa, tearing up while taking another seat, much farther from Luke than before. "W-What's up..?"

Sleeping is my life.

Great Dragon seems to be absent as he is usually in the cafeteria early before the others, but for some reason, he isn't here early today. What could have happened...?

There was the sound of footsteps approaching the entrance to the cafeteria, following by the sound of the door opening. Entering the cafeteria was Great Dragon. Except this time, he wasn't wearing his mask. Those, who were in the room before him, were surprised to see what he looks like underneath the mask. Great Dragon's hair color seems to be apparently dark brown, if the facial hair didn't make it obvious. His head seems to be shaved except for the section that makes up his mohawk. His mohawk seems to be dyed a green color. And he seems to be currently wearing a grey hoodie in addition to his black jeans and red sneakers.

"Morning, amigos...." Great Dragon said as he gave the others a weak wave. From the tone of his voice, it seems like it lacks the energy that the wrestler was known for.

".........."

Adel shrieked, pointing at Great Dragon.

"W-Who are you?! Gang?!! Are you from a gang?!"

Sleeping is my life.

Great Dragon nearly jumped when Adel shrieked and is currently pointing at him.

"Adel, you know me as Great Dragon... Well, that was my wrestler persona..." Great Dragon said. The sudden change in his speech style surprised everyone as well. They were used to hearing him talk in third person. "And for the record, I'm not part of any gang. Just don't assume things based on what you see, sí? I just like this hairstyle and thought it was cool, that's all."

He shakes his head, unable to believe that Adel would never learn. "Anyway, I have a name, you know. But, for the sake of my reputation, let's just go with my first name. My name's Pedro." The wrestler said as he looks at everyone who were currently in the cafeteria.

"Oh, uh, P-Pedro...? Okay..." Tsubasa nodded lightly. "I-I'll try to remember... t-to use that... instead of G-Great Dragon... um, g-giving up the wrestling, then...?"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...I-it's okay," Adel said to Tsubasa, tearing up while taking another seat, much farther from Luke than before. "W-What's up..?"

"Oh, um... it's just..." Tsubasa fidgeted awkwardly as she walked up to the table and set the pen and paper down. "I-I just thought... this might h-help... m-maybe..."

Examining the paper would show it had several phrases jotted down in crude handwriting.

Spoiler:
Code:
Deirdre
Thanks for being there for me
I had no idea you went through so much
I'll miss you

Ramon
We didn't talk much but that time in the cafeteria was cool
You seemed like a nice guy

Devin
I don't know if you ever liked me or not but I had fun gaming with you

Ruby
I wish we'd hung out more
You were always really nice to me

Jenny
I still remember what you said at the end of the trial
I'm doing my best to hang in there

I hope you all can rest now

"Umm... w-what you do is... w-write down anything you might want to say... t-to someone who died... and, uh, y-you can read it out loud if you want... t-then you burn the paper after... I-I guess it's supposed to be like, p-putting your grief down and m-moving on... or something..." Tsubasa chewed her lip. "D-Deirdre showed me this... w-when I was feeling down about E-Ebiko... s-so I thought, if a-anyone else wants to write something, too, t-they can... o-or not... i-it's fine either way..."

Sleeping is my life.

"What?! No! I would never give up my wrestling career! I have been wanting to be a wrestler since I was a young boy!" Pedro objects to Tsubasa, his eyes wide open in shock.

Then he went over to the table where Tsubasa have spread out the paper on. "Do you mind if I can write down a few messages for those that we lost?" The wrestler asked. "It's a shame that they never got to see me without my mask..."

"...P-Peter? Peter! Okay. Yeah, I didn't think your first name was Great, and your last name was Dragon. That would be kind of strange."

Adel also walked over to the pen and paper Tsubasa laid down, thinking he should write something as well.

"...I think this is a good idea," Adel smiled.

"Y-yeah, go ahead..." Tsubasa smiled faintly and stepped away from the table to give the others room. "I p-pretty much wrote what I could think of... a-already... um, I-I wanted to put something f-for everyone, but... I-I didn't know them that well..."

Adel got to work writing some of his farewells, hoping to hit as many people as he could.

Spoiler:
Code:
Dear Woody,
You were kind of crazy, and you killed Rocky. What the heck, man?

Dear Dale,
You were also kind of crazy. I remember that you ran with scissors, so...I don't know. >:(

Dear Ramon,
I'm sorry for always calling you Ramen. I realized some time ago that I wasn't saying it correctly.

Dear Samuel,
Uhhh...

"...Am I doing this right..? I wanted to include everyone, but, some people here were just kind of..."

Adel shook his head, erasing what he wrote down and beginning to draft some new farewells.

Spoiler:
Code:
Dear Deirdre,
Thank you for always watching out for me. You spent time with me when I was sad and lonely...I'm sorry you couldn't get out. I hope we can see each other again somehow.

Dear Devin,
I know you almost made us explode and stuff, but I know you only did that because you had to get out for your family... So I hope that you rest well.

Dear Rocky,
I think you probably didn't like me, and we never hung out or anything, but I always thought you were super cool and funny. I'm sorry Woody killed you, that really wasn't cool of him.

Dear Ruby,
I remember our really short but fun conversation around that golden hamburger. Actually...I don't remember that much about it...b-but it was still fun, and you were really nice to me and helped cheer me up when I was down. Thank you!!

"There, I think that's better," Adel nodded.

Sleeping is my life.

Pedro nods his head. "Alright, thank you, Basa. Now, let's see here..." He said as he takes the pen and thinks about what he wanted to say to the dead. Then he started writing down some messages.

Spoiler:
Code:
To Sam:
I'm really sorry that I never got the chance to partakes in one of your DnD sessions so I'll know how the game work. I still have the DnD paper that I got from you on our first day.

To Ruby:
To think that we never got to do the photoshoot because of what happened, I felt that your death was particularly my fault and Adel's fault. There was nothing that we could do to prevent it from happening. I hope you found your peace, whenever you are.

To Woody:
Like I said when we last spoken to each other before your death, I don't know if I could truly call you a 'true amigo'. I might think about planting a tree in your memory...

To everyone:
I'm really sorry that you never got the chance to see me without my mask and know that my first name is Pedro.

Then Pedro puts down the pen. "Hopefully, our messages will get to those that we have lost up to this point." The wrestler said as he said a prayer for those lost.

BEECH

Myrion peeked into the room, but didn't leave immediately this time!

"Hello, everyone. What are you up to?" He said as he got closer to where everyone was writing their nice lil messages.

Sleeping is my life.

"Oh, Myrion!" Pedro said, surprised by the robot's sudden appearance. "Anyway, we're writing messages to the dead. Those that we have lost up until now."

"Oh, right... I guess you didn't hear my name. Well... I'm Pedro." The man said as he cross his arms.

Happy Maria

Max, hearing the suggestion, nodded. "Y'know what, that's a good idea. Think I'll try it out..." He took out a pen and paper and started writing, which is surprising because he seems like the kinda guy that still wouldn't know how to read but at the same time he probably should I dunno. Anyway spoiler tag time let's just get to it already.

Spoiler:
Code:
To Hugh:
You were the nicest billionaire I'd ever known, pal. Sure, I've never met any other billionaires in my whole life, but you were a cool fella. I'll never forget that sale I made to ya, and I'm sorry that your friend'll never get t'see what it is. Pity, since it turned out so perfect for 'em too.

To Jenny:
Thanks for the White Whale. I think now more than ever, I get ya. I understand why you did whatcha did... Don't think I'll do the same, but I understand.

To Sam:
Wish I got to hang out withcha more. Y'seemed to have been a great DM, n' I wish I coulda introduced ya to some other fun games, y'know?

To Dale:
Please don't buy safety scissors from me if you're just gonna use 'em on someone, that ain't kosher.

To Ruby:
Didn't get t'talk to ya much, but you seemed to be a nice gal. Sorry y'had to undergo what ya did, you didn't deserve it.

To Rammy:
You weren't the brightest bulb in the shed, but I wish y'hadn't fallen for that trap like you did. We all could use your superpowers right 'bout now.

To Devin:
You were kinda mean to me before and also tried to blow us all up, so I can't relate to ya as much as Jenny, but you've got me thinkin' more 'bouthome, so thanks for that. Hope your wife n' kid can deal with your loss 'n all.

To Roxie:
I still never found out what a knuckle sandwich was thanks to that punch ya served me, but y'know, I'll let bygones be bygones, and y'seemed to be pretty carin' for everyone. Sorry you did what you did, and it's a pity it was all in vain.

To Woody:
I feel a bit bad for ya, truth be told. I've had some obsessive moments when it's come to makin' sales but not anywhere to the extent as you. Wish y'coulda learnt your mistake 'fore it cost ya. Hope you're one with the earth now.

To Deedee:

He paused.

Spoiler:
Code:
I'm sorry.

Max folded up his paper and put it away... Then after thinking for a while, suddenly pulled out another one and started writing.

Spoiler:
Code:
To Momma:
I'm a mess. Things've changed since you've passed on. So much I wanna tell you that I can't since you aren't here, but... Iunno what to do anymore. I've tried movin' on, but everything's goin' insane 'round me. I dunno what's real and what's goin' on, but I don't wanna be here. I just wanna go home. What'd you say if you were here? I wish I knew. Not a day goes by where I don't think of ya and what y'did for me, but... we're not all perfect, right? It's all confusin', momma. I just don't wanna think about it all anymore, I'm so tired. I'm

He paused for a second, and decided to tear up his paper to shreds wordlessly.

"...Well, anyway!" He spoke up. "That was a fun lil' exercise, wasn't it?" He said, trying to sound cheerful.

Remember us.

Ryleigh walks out of the kitchen and into the cafeteria upon hearing all the commotion.

"Huh? What's everyone doing?" She asks, walking towards the group and staring at the paper with all the messages on it.

Southern Corn wrote:
"Oh geez, what's goin' on here?" Max groaned as he stepped into the room. He didn't have his hat on this time but it was probably because it was dirtied now. "Guys, could we not start fightin' this early? It ain't helpin' anybody here."

Luke rolled his eyes at that statement, as his coffee was apparently done.

As Tsubasa speaks up about her suggestion, Luke perks up, seemingly more interested, "That's a good idea. Lesseee..." He finishes the small paper cup and gets to work.

Spoiler:
To Deirdre:
- You mentioned regretting something to me. I still don't get it. I should've asked. So many things I shoulda done. Fuck. Part of me thinks I coulda prevented this all, but am I really right? It's been haunting me for a bit, but, I guess you wouldn't want me to bother about it. I took your letter with me, by the way.

To Roxie:
- I didn't do it in time. I'm sorry. You looked like a good person under that disguise of yours. You reminded me of myself ten years ago. You're cool.

To Jenny:
- The most relatable person so far. We shared a love of alcohol and a bunch of shit in common. You'd make a good ass drinking buddy. Shame it was all over so quickly.

To Sam:
- Never really knew you. I guess you weren't a total asshole.

To Ramon:
- Hope you're in Heaven or whatever the Aztecs believe in? Or would you go to Hell? I dunno, this is kinda depressing.

To Devin:
- Can't really say much considering you tried to blow me up. Continue kicking capitalism in the nuts from the afterlife I guess.

To Ruby:
- I intended to talk to you but I didn't get the chance. Sorry. You seemed like you needed a hand. I couldn't get there in time.

To Woody:
-

To Dale:
- Still think you were a robot.

Luke takes a second look at the letter and smiles.

"Good enough." He adds, setting the pen down.

Akkordian wrote:
Ryleigh walks out of the kitchen and into the cafeteria upon hearing all the commotion.

"Huh? What's everyone doing?" She asks, walking towards the group and staring at the paper with all the messages on it.

"Oh, h-hey..." Tsubasa gave Ryleigh a little wave from where she stood off to the side. "We're, uh, s-saying goodbye to... the people who died... b-basically... uh, i-if you want to, anyway... i-it can help you f-feel better to, like... get it out..."

Datamatt wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:

Luke rolled his eyes at that statement, as his coffee was apparently done.

"I saw that..." Adel mumbled to himself, walking away from Luke's line of sight.

Sleeping is my life.

"Oh, hey, Ryleigh..." Pedro said once he see the volleyball player comes to join him and the others at the table.

"So, Ryleigh... How are you feeling right now?" Pedro asked, a concerned look on his face. "I'd imagine that yesterday must be really rough for all of us. I just want to make sure you're okay, Ryleigh."

Remember us.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Oh, h-hey..." Tsubasa gave Ryleigh a little wave from where she stood off to the side. "We're, uh, s-saying goodbye to... the people who died... b-basically... uh, i-if you want to, anyway... i-it can help you f-feel better to, like... get it out..."

"That sounds like a great idea..." Ryleigh responds, giving Tsubasa a little nod. Then, at her first opportunity, she starts to write her own messages.

Spoiler:
Code:
To Dee:
- You were the best older sister I never had. Thank you for always helping me, and for always being nice to me, even though you thought you weren't.

To Roxie:
- Thank you for letting me teach you how to play volleyball. Sorry we never got to the more exciting stuff. You were really cool, and it sucks that you had to get stabbed by Woody and everything.

To Ramon:
- We never got our rematch, Cape Boy. Oh well. Hopefully they have good pancakes in the great Arby's in the sky.

To Jenny:
- I'm really sorry for calling you Boobie Lady that one time. Thanks for helping with the banquet as a cyber ghost, that was really nice.

To Woody:
- Sorry for spilling sauce on your shirt, even though you ended up being a totally creepy stalker and murderer.

To Dale:
- Sorry for beating up Hardhat. I'm sure Susu's sorry too. Wherever she is. :(

To Sam:
- Sorry for saying that D&D looked like homework, now that I know what it is it actually seems pretty fun.

To Devin:
- I know you tried to blow us all up, but it still sucks you didn't get to be with your family again.

After finishing, she places the pen down. "There. All done."

BEECH

"Pedro? Alright, I'll refer to you like that from now on." Myrion nodded.

"Hmm... messages for the dead, huh. Maybe I'll give it a try." He took the pen and thought for a bit before starting to write.

Spoiler:
Code:
Woody:
You were the first person to approach me during this contest. Your last confession took me by surprise but I believe that under other circumstances, this would all have turned out a better way. I will try to always remember you as the friendly flower boy you presented yourself to be.

Ramon:
I am glad I got to apologise for throwing you against your will before your life was unfairly taken. I'm still a bit hurt since you tried to frame me, but I understand you didn't have many options. It was fun talking to you, you were quite an interesting person.

Roxie:
I only had the chance to speak with you once, but from what I gathered, you were a spontaneous, creative and assertive woman and I wish you had gotten a chance to share your art for a lot longer.

I'm sorry for everyone else we've lost so far. I didn't recognise the value that a human life holds until very recently. All of you had dreams and hopes for the future and it is extremely unfortunate you were put into a situation such as this one.

He paused before beginning to write another message.

Spoiler:
Code:
Lucy:
I've been thinking a lot lately. I don't believe it's possible for me to write everything that has been going through my head, but I want you to know that you were and still are very important to me. You managed to change who I am as a whole in such a short amount of time and I am forever grateful for everything you did for me.
I will treasure the moments we spent together for the rest of my existence. I actually wrote some of them down in a journal to compensate for my faulty memory system.

It is terribly unfortunate that we met in a world with such rapidly advancing technology. You deserved to exist for way longer and continue to gather new experiences as the wonderful hologram AI you were...

Love, Myrion.

"...." Myrion put the pen down.

The American Dream

Chapter 5: “Played All the Fools”

“When the sun has set, no candle can replace it.”
-George R.R. Martin

Spoiler: Such a Lovely Place
"Welcome, my dear contestants, to the Twilight Palace Hotel & Casino and, by extension, the Twilight Strip!” Hugh cheered while Lucy applauded behind him, even though her hands didn’t make any sound. “You were all selected to participate in this televised contest, taking place over the course of the next month, based on your exceptional self-professed talents, and, of course, your magnificent stories! I cried forty-seven times for each of your applications!”

“This is true,” Lucy chimed in. “Mr. Stakes cries a lot. He cries every night while reading his favorite book, The Tall Man & Other Stories to Scare Your Kids Before Bedtime. It’s a very beautiful book, though. Very poetic. At least, that is what all the online reviews say. I’ve never read it.”

Stakes awkwardly cleared his throat and then puffed out his chest. “Yes, well, I’m easily moved. Sue me. Anyhow, I’m delighted to finally meet you all in person. Please take this time before we enter the hotel to introduce yourselves! Not just to me, but to your fellow contestants!”

That day…

”My name's Ruby Colyer, and IIIIII’'m... the Ultimate Maid! Trust me when I say that I'm the best dang maid you'll EVER meet!”

"It's an honor to meet you all! Great Dragon's name is Great Dragon!" Then the man strikes a pose, almost as if he was prepared for photographers to take his pictures. "And Great Dragon's talent is Ultimate Wrestler!"

"Hi! I guess I should probably introduce myself to you guys." The green-clad boy smiles. "My name is Woody Vernell. I'm 19 years old and I'm also a florist. It might not be as cool as some of you guys' ones, but that's my talent."

"Who am I, you ask? Well umm...my name is Dale Fades, sir, the Ultimate Safety Officer. Now then, if I may ask, who did you buy those mobile metal deathtraps from, if I may ask?" he had as big a smile as possible while he asked this."...so I can beat the ever loving crap out of them for not strictly following the guidelines on a properly manufactured automobile." he muttered to himself.

"Name's Sam," he said shortly to the boisterous bouncing being, pulling a headphone out to listen to Hugh. "Samuel Lockmeister. Ultimate Dungeon Master. Now, can we get out of the sun? I'd rather not turn into a fried piece of human chicken."

"I'm...Adel Wagner and um...I'm here as...hmm..." He brought his hand to his chin, thinking about how to proceed. "I guess you could call me the Ultimate Explorer..."

"Well, introductions are in order, I'm sure!" He finally said, clapping his hands together and speaking like he was trying to sound important. "My name is Ramon Aki, and I am the Ultimate Cashier. But, my friends, don't misunderstand! My time as a cashier is only temporary, a stepping stone on my way to my true calling.”

"My name's Ryleigh Valentina! Nice to meet'cha!" Her already cheery demeanor erupts into an uncontrollable grin as she raises a hand to her chest, palm resting against the front of her closed Letterman jacket. "And I'm… the Ultimate Volleyball Player!"

"I'm Deirdre Durand. That's spelled as it's said, D-e-i-r-d-r-e, and no, my parents weren't drunk when they named me, they were just assholes. I'm the 'ultimate' chess player, though I don't really play chess anymore..." she said, looking around and losing the smile from earlier. "Can we go inside now? It's too hot in here."

"Right, I should prooooobably introduce myself. I'm Luke Malley, the Ultimate Mechanist." He puts his right fist over his chest in what's most likely an act of pride. "I'm sure that's clear enough for now. Now, when do we get to go in..."

"W-what's good in the h-hood? I, uh, I-I'm Tsubayashi Hirasa... No! I mean Boobasasha Hatsushi... Tsu... Tsubasa Hirabayashi! That one! That one's my name! B-but, uh, y-you can just call me 'Sue' if you want... o-or 'Basa' I guess... J-just... don't call me late for dinner!" She chuckled and smiled awkwardly, her cheeks turning bright red. "W-wait! I forgot! Talent! I have one of those! U-ultimate Online Gamer!"

"My name is μ-r10ν, you can call me Myrion! I am the Ultimate Robot Companion, so I hope we can be friends! If you've read about my functions online...don't get your hopes up, I'm off-duty for this contest, haha! I came here to win for my creator!" He looks quite pumped up.

"H-hey, I'm Devin Lewellen. I'll be honest, I don't think I caught everyone's names. My bad I guess. I mean this is a pretty fake way to meet people anyway. You don't make friends by loudly announcing your name and talent. But... You also don't make friends going on a rant like I am, so, my bad. And I know that this is like some sort of game so we aren't supposed to make friends but like... I feel like I still have a point."

"The name's Roxie! Roxie Trudeau. But you guys can call me Winner! Because I'm the bitch who's gonna win this competition!" She laughed confidently and obnoxiously. "I guess I should probably tell you fuckers my talent, huh? I'm the Ultimate Graffiti Artist! If any of you uncultured dipshits have ever heard of the great Trax of New York City, then you're looking at her!"

"Introductions, introductions! Can't keep the people waiting more than I already have, can I? So sorry, people! Here you are!" He reached for something and pulled out a business card so quickly that you could hardly tell where he pulled it out from. He held it up in the air for everyone to see. It read:

Quote:
Maxwell Montgomery
Expert Salesman
Supplier in Anything You Need!

"The name's Jennifer Wolfe. I'm in charge of serving the drinks during the game, as well as takin' care of any problems that can't be solved by an algorithm. I'm also good at mixin' drinks, so just let me know what disgusting abomination you wanna guzzle down and I'll hook ya' up."

Hm…

Hey, can you hear me…?

How long has it been since you all came to this place? There were fifteen of you, right? Or maybe there was another… Nonetheless, I saw you back then… you all looked so different. You were excited…

I’ve been watching you since then, too. I’ve seen everything. Everything. That’s right! I remember now… your ordeal first began a little under a month ago. I’m sure for you it feels like it’s been much longer than that. But for me, it feels as though it were yesterday.

Who am I? That’s not important right now, but… just know I am She who was there at The Beginning, and I am She who will most certainly be there at The End. That is not your concern, however. Focus on the task at hand.

It seems our connection is weakening… I suppose I’ll leave you with this: your ordeal is coming to its conclusion. How it ends will be up to you, of course. For once, you will be able to take control of your nightmare. If you keep in mind that every action has its consequences, I think you’ll do just fine. You cannot lose so long as you firmly believe in what you choose to do.

Good luck, contestants, and always remember the qualities that make you Ultimate.

X X X

Two weeks after Woody’s execution…

The casino had been silent since they had left the virtual world. Aside from the same shallow conversations at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the contestants didn’t do much of anything. Not much happened after they wrote those letters...

Initially, Ryleigh had tried to cheer everyone up with another feast, but nobody’s spirits could be lifted by food anymore. She eventually threw in the towel and hung out with Tsubasa when she could. The hallway on the seventh floor that housed all of their rooms had an air of defeat about it.

*Ding*

That is, until one particular “morning” when Cups stepped out of the elevator…

*BANG BANG BANG*

“What the fuck was that shit?!” Luke shouted from behind his door. “Jesus fucking Christ, just do it already! End it!”

Tsubasa shrieked. “Oh God… w-we’re gonna die!”

“I am not here to ‘end it’, Mr. Malley,” the robot said, lowering the gun he was holding. “I bring news that you may find uplifting”

Ryleigh opened her door just a crack and peeked out. “We can leave?”

“Well, yes and no.”

“Aw, nuts…” the small girl groaned. By this point, everyone had left their rooms and joined Cups in the hallway.

“You are not leaving the Strip,” Cups continued. “However, Ace has come to believe that you could all use a little fresh air. Frankly, I am in agreement. You have been cooped up in here far too long. That is why, today, I am taking you outside to explore the Twilight Strip.”

“Wow, really?” Max adjusted his hat. “Gotta say, I’ve been waitin’ to actually have a look around.”

Pedro nodded. “Yes. After all, we have not been outside since we first arrived here.”

“Outside…” Adel mumbled while holding his necklace. It looked like his injuries had healed.

“Yes,” the robot buzzed. “I will allow you time to get yourselves ready -- shower and whatnot -- there is no rush.”

While everyone else went to go take care of themselves, Myrion stayed behind and waited with Cups. The two talked about nothing specific, but Myrion mentioned that, despite everyone else’s feelings, he had been looking up as of late. He had a good feeling about something, but he couldn’t explain it.

[Please do not post.]

The American Dream

Spoiler: Map

It was different.

Breathing air from outside after not doing so for a month was refreshing for all of them. Well, except Myrion, of course. Or maybe it was. Can he smell? I don’t remember.

In any case, they were greeted by that immaculate sunset once more -- that breathtaking mix of purple, pink, and orange complemented the pavement on the ground, which was purple and all sorts of sparkly. They were also met with a more… unpleasant sight. To their right, near one potential exit to the Twilight Strip, was a blockade of security droids. They seemed to be preparing for something.

“Do not even bother going over there,” Cups warned them. “Interacting with them is more trouble than it would ever be worth.”

Seems like they shouldn’t go near the security blockades. Simple enough. Cups also told them of another one on the other end of town, which was personally led by Swords. Crossing him would be a death sentence.

Spoiler: Stardust Super Shopping Mall
A five-story, glamourous shopping mall. It was home to all kinds of department stores, cafes, salons, and was staffed by hundreds of identical humanoid robots who all wore name tags that said, “Hello, I’m Mike A.”

They were all very forgettable.

Spoiler: Jazz Club
Tucked away between the hotel and the mall, the jazz club offered a unique atmosphere with its live robot band, “The CPUs”, and its velvet blue lounge. Cups told them how it reminded him of a place from his past, and that Hugh never got the chance to give the club a proper name.

Spoiler: Hugh Stakes Museum of Fun
This multi-floor museum is dedicated to all things fun -- from inventions, to fun historical dioramas, a candy and vintage toy store, and even a floor dedicated solely to the history of bounce houses/castles.

Spoiler: The Three Restaurants
The three biggest restaurants in the Twilight Strip were based off of some of Hugh’s favorite places.

Spaghetti-Lasagna Stronzo di Madre was a four-star Italian restaurant staffed by some of the finest robot cooks in the world. They were all named “Scocciatore” and did not like when people deviated from the menu. Apparently, Hugh was a fan of authentic Italian cuisine.

Frou-Frou Bistro was a modest french restaurant staffed by snooty waiterbots all called “Jerkass.” Cups said he named them that. He was not fond of them. He did not like the French.

Super Slammin’ Sushi was modeled after Hugh’s favorite sushi restaurant from Rattlewater. Its head sushi chef, a cylindrical blue robot named “C-RoH”, was very curt, but damn could he prepare some good sushi.

Spoiler: Club Dusk
Club Dusk was very much based on Hugh’s ideal of the perfect nightclub. Dark interior, lit only with neon, a large dance floor, heart-thumping electronic dance music, and even private back rooms… furthermore, the music playing was completely customizable. They could queue up any songs they wanted from the DJ booth.

Curiously, tucked away past the back rooms was a door that would not open at all. Knowing how inaccessible locations have been working so far, they figured it was likely to come up again at some point.

Spoiler: Parking Garage
It was just an empty parking garage.

Spoiler: Town Square & Ferris Wheel
The ferris wheel in the “center” of town was decently sized -- it must’ve been around 200 feet tall. From the top, the eternal sunset became all the more beautiful. Cups went on a brief tangent about how he would ride by himself sometimes when the contestants were asleep.

Spoiler: Note
Please note that the Gift Shop is currently closed and items may not be purchased. There are not going to be any Normal Games this chapter, so if you are in possession of items for Normal Games please note that there may still be a use for them at some point.

Secret Shop is also closed.

If you would like a VR Pass for a Fantasy Suite you may still purchase one for 25% of your current total dollar amount. Post in your personal QT as usual if you want to buy one.

At the end of the tour, Cups remained in the general area in case they needed anything. They were free to explore and do what they wanted for the time being, and there was no mention of murder or death at the tour’s conclusion. For a moment, it felt like there was some kind of voice calling out, but none of them heard it well enough to even acknowledge it. In any case...

Chapter 5: Episode 13: Daily Life [Free Time] Start!

Sleeping is my life.

Pedro looks around at the Twilight Strip , now that they have been granted access to.

"You know... I wonder if this is what Mr. Stakes intended to show us around this time when we're nearing the end of the competition. If Mr. Stakes was here..." Pedro said to the others. "If Mr. Stakes was here, this is something that he would definitely do, right?"

"...This place is huge," Adel said in awe of the grandeur.

"O-Oh! A ferris wheel..! A-Are we allowed to ride it..? Can I ride it?"

The American Dream

CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Of course you can," Cups said. "It is one of my favorite things to do. I highly recommend it. It's free for you guys, too."

Sleeping is my life.

Pedro looks up at the Ferris wheel once they were told that its free for them to use.

"She'd definitely would love to ride the Ferris wheel..." Pedro muttered vaguely as his eyes studied the Ferris wheel.

WinterCoat wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Of course you can," Cups said. "It is one of my favorite things to do. I highly recommend it. It's free for you guys, too."

"T-Then..! Let's go on a ride..! Who wants to ride with me..?"

BEECH

"Huh, I don't think I've ever gone on a Ferris wheel before... Sure, I'll ride. What's it like?" Myrion asked looking at the wheel.

NIKI_4829 wrote:
"Huh, I don't think I've ever gone on a Ferris wheel before... Sure, I'll ride. What's it like?" Myrion asked looking at the wheel.

"I-It's an awesome ride..! It goes really high up in the air, and goes around and around all slow and stuff, and you get a really nice view..!"

BEECH

"Oh! That does sound nice. The view must be amazing with this permanent sunset! So, does anyone else want to go on the Ferris Wheel?"

Remember us.

NIKI_4829 wrote:
"Oh! That does sound nice. The view must be amazing with this permanent sunset! So, does anyone else want to go on the Ferris Wheel?"

"I do, I do!" Ryleigh cheers, excitedly, only to quickly stop bouncing on her heels soon after. "But I also wanted to check out the mall, or one of the restaurants...or even just, like, walk around! It feels so good to finally be outside again, after so loooong!" She runs around and spins on her heels, taking in the fresh air. Though, she eventually has to stop when it looks like she made herself queasy.

Sleeping is my life.

"I'd love to ride the Ferris wheel, but you have to understand that it have been a long time since we were last outside. The last time we were outside...." Pedro said as he seems to be thinking about that day. "That day when we first came here... We were so excited to partake in Mr. Stakes' competition... Back then, there were the 15 of us, Mr. Stakes and Jenny..."

Then the wrestler looks at the others that stand before him. "And now... There's only the 7 of us left. This actually feels like... a bittersweet moment, isn't it?"

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"I'd love to ride the Ferris wheel, but you have to understand that it have been a long time since we were last outside. The last time we were outside...." Pedro said as he seems to be thinking about that day. "That day when we first came here... We were so excited to partake in Mr. Stakes' competition... Back then, there were the 15 of us, Mr. Stakes and Jenny..."

Then the wrestler looks at the others that stand before him. "And now... There's only the 7 of us left. This actually feels like... a bittersweet moment, isn't it?"

"...C-Cmon, Pedro!" Adel said. "We can't think of the past like that. I mean...I-I miss everyone too, but..."

He took a moment to pause before continuing.

"...Come to think of it, these are all just distractions, aren't they..? Even if we're happy to ride the Ferris wheel, Ace is just gonna make everyone sad again..."

Adel took ahold of his necklace, gripping it tight.

"...B-But, I don't care...I trust everyone here. No matter what Luke says...y-you guys are gonna get out of here together, and I'm gonna find what I came here for..! I can just feel it..!"

Sleeping is my life.

Pedro smiles at Adel. "You're right, Adel. We've been through trials and tribulations. We're all here because..." The wrestler said as he thinks about this. "There's something that kept each of us going so that we'll never give up..."

"Besides, who know what kind of shenanigan that Ace bastard will pull on us?" He seems to thinks about this question for a moment, as he cross his arms. "There's no telling what he'll do, so it'd be best if we can stay on our toes and keep our wits sharp. Oh, and watch out for each other."
Page 89 of 95 [ 3796 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 95  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus