Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 88 of 95[ 3796 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 95  Next

Re: Danganronpa F7: Die on a Hill (Chapter 4)Topic%20Title

BEECH

"...." Myrion stared at Woody incredulously.

"So you... you never really...Oh my, Woody. That's stalking. What you did was stalk Deirdre." He spoke with a somewhat stern voice.

"W-What the heck?! That's totally creepy of you! You're creepy! Eww!"

Adel scooted away from Woody, shielding his eyes.

Sleeping is my life.

Great Dragon stood there, silent as he listened to Woody's story.

"........... Great Dragon isn't sure who is to be blamed for this whole mess." The wrestler muttered as he looks down at his feet. "After the time that we spent together being good amigos.... After finding out it was you who did this to Roxie.... Great Dragon isn't sure he could call you a true amigo..."

"N-no, it was love!" Woody retorts, turning to both Myrion and Adel. "A cruel, cursed love...but still the most powerful love anyone could experience. I guess I should have known all this was too good to be true...this is all the universe's punishment for believing I could ever have the life I always wanted."

He then faces Great Dragon. "Roxie should have never done what she did... It's Deirdre who we should mourn! She didn't deserve to die, I don't care, I don't care! We were going to have the perfect life...Whatever problems she was going through, I was going to help her through with them!"

"I don't regret being friends with you, Great Dragon, or any of you... You guys were the first friends I ever had, and were going to be the perfect wedding guests..."

"N-No, she definitely wouldn't have lived her life with you!" Adel said, covering his ears and backing up even further. "This is so creepy..!"

BEECH

"Infatuation..." Myrion mumbled, mostly to himself.

ASCEND

“Dude, I had to deal with so many people like you. Well, only like two of them were creepy stalkers, but close enough.”

Jenny rested her head on the table, looking disappointed.

“Usually I’d tell you to grow the hell up, but I guess you won’t get that chance. You coulda been somethin’, kid. It’s a shame...This whole thing is just dumb.”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"...I... d-don't know how to feel... about t-this..." Tsubasa muttered glumly. "L-like... I-I get being upset... I miss D-Deirdre, too... t-this sucks..."

"It wasn't enfartuation or whatever you just said..." Woody mutters at Myrion. "Try to put yourself in my shows. What if your creator implanted this same feeling into you?"

"Heh, funny how we find ourselves on opposite sides now..." Woody says, turning to Jenny. "Yeah, I could have been something. With the moneyI won, I could have really made my dreams come true. But when it seems too good to be true, I guess it is..."

He then addresses Tsubasa. "It "sucks"? It's horrific! When I held that beautiful girl, no, that beautiful woman in my arms, I knew that Heaven truly lost an angel... All because of a demon."

"N-No one here is a demon...a-and Deirdre asked Rocky to do it, right..? You're just making fun of her wishes..."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"N-No, she definitely wouldn't have lived her life with you!" Adel said, covering his ears and backing up even further. "This is so creepy..!"

"We'll never know what she would have wanted because Roxie killed her!" He shouts. "If only I had the guts to tell her how I felt...before she had to go..."

Happy Maria

"We know how she felt, kid", Max said sadly. "She's the only one who coulda took the knife, who wrote the letter... Loki already confirmed all o' this, for Pete's sake... This type of denial is just kinda sad."

"Regardless though, there's no point in gettin' mad at the kid now... even if he did just stalk her n' stuff to the point of even enterin' this place n' all." He coughed awkwardly. "He still couldn't've realised what was goin' on when he walked into the library, so he let his feelin's get to him an'... yeah. Kind of a tragic misunderstandin' in the end, wasn't it? ...A pretty big one to boot too."

Southern Corn wrote:
"We know how she felt, kid", Max said sadly. "She's the only one who coulda took the knife, who wrote the letter... Loki already confirmed all o' this, for Pete's sake... This type of denial is just kinda sad."

"Regardless though, there's no point in gettin' mad at the kid now... even if he did just stalk her n' stuff to the point of even enterin' this place n' all." He coughed awkwardly. "He still couldn't've realised what was goin' on when he walked into the library, so he let his feelin's get to him an'... yeah. Kind of a tragic misunderstandin' in the end, wasn't it? ...A pretty big one to boot too."

"S-Still...I-I get being mad in the moment, but...that's no reason to do the same thing...k-killing is wrong, no matter what the reason, s-so...Rocky should..."

His voice trailed off, no longer able to continue.

"An eye for an eye, as my 'ma always said." Woody utters. "What Roxie did was beyond excusable...Some crimes can never be forgiven."

BEECH

"Whatever... Just know that I don't regret being friends with you either. And now you're going to..." Myrion said, looking genuinely upset.

The American Dream

“So sad…”

It sounded like three people talking at once.

Three, familiar people. Or rather, one, familiar person.

“You really are pathetic, aren’t you?” ‘Deirdre’ chuckled as some thunder rumbled outside. “If only you realized that a flower boy wasn’t what was written in the stars for me. I bet you wish you were that knife, thrust deep inside me… that blade was closer to my heart than you ever were! ! I'm Deirdre Durand! That's spelled as it's said, D-E-A-D, DEAD, and I was the Ultimate Chess Player!”

‘Deirdre’ regained her composure and sat up straight. She pulled a letter that had been folded in half out from her pocket. “Well, enough messing around. What I’m holding in my hand is not the real deal, but it has the same contents as the real thing. One of you knows where the real one is, by the way.

“Ahem. This letter, or ‘will’, as she described it, I’m about to read aloud to you all is not for the benefit of anyone sitting at this table. The contents of this letter may very well save the life of someone watching. You should be honored to be here, now, at this table and able to get a glimpse into the bruised and battered mind of Deirdre Durand.”

Spoiler: ???
To my dear sister,

This is actually the eighth time I'm sitting down to write this. Putting two years of my thoughts into paper actually turned out to be pretty difficult. All this time I've been trying to write a letter to apologize to you, but it always turned into a big ramble that even I couldn't follow. I've written down apologies for everything by now. For blowing up at you, for leaving you behind, for never teaching you to play chess like I promised, for stealing your food so many times, even for just being born and forcing you to live with me.

I've apologized so much, I forgot to ask if you even wanted me to. I haven't seen you in two years, and all I have to say are apologies and all I can think of doing is dredging up all of our worst memories.

I don’t know if this even matters. Every few months I seem to discover a new answer to “what is wrong with you, Deirdre?” and think I’m on the cusp of turning everything around before I cycle back to exactly where I started. Only two weeks ago I thought I finally figured it all out just because I got stabbed and laid in a pool of my own blood for a few hours.

I just keep chasing after what could be wrong with me and new things to apologize for, when all this time I had an obvious answer I just didn’t have the courage to go through with. I should’ve talked to you. I should’ve listened to you. All this time I’ve been convinced that you hate me, but I was just using you to punish myself. The only thing I needed to apologize for was pushing you away.

But if you’re hearing this, then obviously I can’t do that anymore. I’ve already failed. I don’t know how it’ll happen, but I have a hunch and I don’t like it. I’m sorry for putting you through this.
I only have two things I can do right now, even if I’m dead. Two things I couldn’t say before.
First: I love you. I’m proud of you. I don’t want you to ever doubt that, even if this is the last time you’ll hear it from me.

The second is more helpful. It’s something I’ve never said before, something I was too afraid to say, but that I should have said a long time ago, for both of our sakes. I can’t say I’m happy with giving Ace the drama he craves oh so deeply, but I don’t care that much. I’m going to use his shitty show to do something worthwhile for once.

Thalia and Walter Durand, parents of Brynhildr Durand,
are physically and emotionally abusive.

Of course, there’ll be plenty of evidence to support my claim. These two may be narcissistic sociopaths, but they’re also extremely dull and uncreative people (which, obviously, is why they rely so hard on their daughter’s accomplishments), and it’s frankly a miracle they gave birth to such an intelligent daughter. Their patterns are stereotypical and predictable. If you know Bryn, does she ‘forget’ to eat often? Does she flinch when you touch her? Does she often look she doesn’t get enough sleep? These behaviors have meaning. I would know, because I went through what she did. If she underperforms, she doesn’t get to eat. If it’s not to punish her, they won’t touch her. If she has time to ‘laze around’ and sleep, then she has time to study. Even the barest investigation into her life will prove I’m right.

I should’ve spoken up earlier. Two years earlier, or maybe even longer ago. I know it’s not something I should blame myself for, but I can’t help it. The only thing I can hope for now is that this letter will be read and that someone will help my sister when I couldn’t.

Dear sister,

When I started writing this letter, I thought I would end with an apology. I wanted to say I’m sorry you had to be born with a rotten sister like me. But now, I think I’ve managed to say something better. I can only hope I’m right. It would’ve been better if I could tell you all of this in person, but I hope you understand this feeling is still true.

I love you.

Signed, your proud sister, Deirdre Durand.

‘Deirdre’ closed her eyes as she finished reading and tucked the note away.

“I also believe that you are owed an explanation and some insight into what truly occurred this evening. At least, perhaps it will help our florist understand the true nature of his beloved, and may give the rest of you some peace of mind…”

Spoiler: A Simple Request
The clock had struck six.

The paintings watched as her shaky hand desperately scribbled on a page while ashes from spent a cigarette peppered her words.

In her letter to Roxie, she detailed all about the buggy wall and how it could be used in a murder, and how she found it on accident while exploring the library. She expressed a very strong desire to die so that someone might escape -- just to have a purpose for once in her miserable life.

”Meet me in the library at 8:50 tonight,” the letter said. When it had been slid under her door at around seven, Roxie was confused. After everything that had happened -- she wanted to die now?

...and she wanted Roxie herself to do the deed?

With an iron grip on the parchment, Roxie made her way down to the library at 8:48 PM. That was when Woody saw her as he was leaving the kitchen.

When she entered the library two minutes later, her eyes met Deirdre’s. After making sure nobody was behind her, the graffiti artist made her way to the letter’s author on the other side of the room.

“Deirdre what the hell is this about?” she whisper-shouted. “You’re kidding, right?”

Her eyes fell to the knife Deirdre had been holding at her side. It was from the kitchen.

“I’m serious… as serious as I’ve ever been about anything in my entire life.”

For a moment, neither of the women uttered a word. Deirdre’s expression remained cold and distant, as if she had already detached herself from what was about to happen.

“You read the plan, right?” she asked. “Kill me where I stand, and use this wall behind me to escape. It’s simple.”

“But, why? Why me?”

“I have nothing worth living for at this point, at least, that’s my belief. My options were either you or Adel, but that boy’s been through enough. I couldn’t do that to him. I can’t ask the other girls either for the same reason. I trust you enough to be able to do this and escape -- to help yourself.”

“You know that Adel or literally any of the others have a chance of being executed in my place should I actually avoid getting caught, right?”

“I… believe that that won’t come to pass. I have my reasons for thinking as much.” Deirdre held out the knife to Roxie, who hesitated in taking it. Seeing her reflection in its blade made her feel sick.

“I guess… it’s time to do it, right?”

Meanwhile, Woody had indeed gone back to his room at 8:50, though he stayed for no more than three minutes. He got a feeling in his bones -- a feeling that he remembered from when Deirdre nearly died in Hugh’s office. It was a sense of dread and unease that told him his beloved was in grave danger.

He crept back down the stairs, but was nearly seen again by Myrion, who was trying to entertain himself with the hallway’s many paintings. It took a few minutes for the robot to leave the area.

Woody approached the library with a sense of caution. He made sure to position himself in a blind spot near the southern entrance to the foyer, careful not to catch the sightline of the people arguing inside.

Inside, the library, Roxie had begun to have second thoughts about the whole idea. It was nine.

“Roxie, do it…

“I can’t… I can’t kill you!” she shouted. Yet, Deirdre grabbed hold of the girl’s wrist and slowly plunged the knife directly into her own chest. She held onto Roxie’s shoulder, nearly collapsing where she stood. Soon, she lost her grip and fell to the ground, resting in a small pool of her own blood as she had done a few weeks prior.

“Oh God… fuck, why Deirdre…?” Roxie muttered.

“DEIRDRE!” a male voice shouted. Turning towards the entrance, Roxie saw an enraged Woody running at her.

“No, Woody, wait!” she shouted, holding up the knife to defend herself. He had run at Roxie in a full-sprint and was able to grab her wrist before she could properly dodge him.

“Why did you do it?! Roxie, why did you do it?!”

She tried to shake him off. “Woody -- let go!”

He squeezed her wrist tight enough that she dropped the knife, which, through some elegant rapid hand movements, he was able to snatch. Woody was, as she was beginning to learn, stronger than he looked. The two continued to struggle some more until Woody managed to pin her against a nearby bookcase.

“Grhk! Rk!” were the only sounds that came from Roxie’s mouth as Woody strangled her, pressing a thumb deep into the center of her throat. Her eyes began to well up with tears, and she tried her best to beg him to stop.

Roxie’s body fell to the floor, limp. She died at 9:09 PM.

Woody looked at the fallen form of his beloved. Realizing what he had just done and remembering what happened the last time he grabbed Deirdre’s bleeding body, he instead went to lean against the wall behind her corpse in an attempt to mourn. However, when he let his body fall against the wall, he fell backwards, appearing in the foyer in front of the mansion’s front door. He interpreted this as a gift from the virtual heavens above and sighed in relief, but quickly remembered that his shirt was still covered in sauce. While not blood, he did tell Ryleigh that he’d change his shirt, and now he was nowhere near the stairs… furthermore, he’d been unaccounted for for too long now, and such a fact would surely make him look suspicious as it had all those before him.

Then... he looked to his side and nearly jumped out of his own skin. Somehow, Roxie’s corpse had traveled with him… he needed to get out of there. He quickly peeked into the living room and didn’t see any obvious signs of life, so, knife in hand, he began to make his way back to his room.

At 9:15, Woody stepped back out into the hallway near the library, being careful not to alert anyone in the bar as he walked past. The moving paintings on the wall all watched him with great interest. Probably because they knew he just left a corpse near the front door. When he made it up the stairs, he threw the knife down the hall, managing to get it all the way to the base of the Statue of the Dead.

He successfully made it to his bedroom at 9:18 and got changed, and two minutes later he heard the announcement while he was chatting with Great Dragon.

‘Deirdre’ lit a cigarette. “Well, it’s not exactly Shakespeare, but it’s still a bit tragic, don’t you think?”

"No, I don't believe this! I don't believe any of this! I saw Roxie kill her, I saw it!" Woody cries out. "The Deirdre I knew would never do this, this is all Ace and Loki's lies!" The florist shouts through his tears.

"None of this was supposed to happen... We were supposed to be happy, together. I was going to make her happy!" The florist shakes his head and covers his ears in agony. "Lies, these are all lies!"

"...I-I don't know if I can stay here anymore," Adel cried. "...I-I'm so sick of this...R-Rocky didn't have to die, and neither did Deirdre...I-I hope you feel sorry, Woody..."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...I-I don't know if I can stay here anymore," Adel cried. "...I-I'm so sick of this...R-Rocky didn't have to die, and neither did Deirdre...I-I hope you feel sorry, Woody..."

"I-I was set up! It's not my fault, it's not my fault! How do we know this is the truth?" Woody laments. "This isn't fair..."

Happy Maria

Max appeared quite horrified by the contents of Deirdre's letter moreso than the actual events. He grimaced, looking down, and spent several minutes in silence, unsure what the right words for this time were. He pondered quietly. He finally looked up, a rather grim look in eyes.

"...Jesus Christ, man."

Sleeping is my life.

Great Dragon was shocked once he learn the truth of what really happened. And then Woody yells out that he was set up.

"Woody.... Cálatte!" The wrestler yells loudly at the florist. "You let your love for Deridre get the best of you! And look at what happened here... It doesn't change the fact that you did this and now...."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"What the fuck, dude... What the fuck?" Luke looks over to Woody in what seems to be pure disappointment and sadness. His eyes are welling up in the meantime. "What can I even say here?!"

ASCEND

Jenny poured a bottle of Cheerwine all over the tablecloth, staining it probably forever.

“Farewell, kid. I hope if there’s another life it treats you better than this.”

“I can’t even be mad, honestly,” she mumbled, shrugging. “Deirdre seemed intent on deleting me from existence on her own. What a shame...but don’t beat yourself up about it, Woody. The only one who could’ve saved her was herself.”

She sighed, collapsing deep into her chair.

“Ehh, whatever. I don’t even care anymore.”
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

The American Dream

"We've got a very special sort of execution for our pal, here..." Ace lets out a laugh and snaps his fingers.

Spoiler: In The Garden
Woody suddenly finds himself very... hot? No. Not hot. But sweat beads on his forehead and streams down his neck and back.

He instinctively bolts up and runs into the corner of the room, hunching over with his hands clutching his head. He slumps his back against the wall, supporting himself.

He groans in pain, ripping clumps of hair out of his head, his hat having fallen off and left next to him. He shuts his eyes just as green vines begin to poke through his sleeves, and wrap around his hands.

Suddenly, his eyes open wide, almost bulging out of his head... And then one pops out, dangling in front of his chin, revealing a thin branch rapidly growing out of the now empty socket.

Woody cries out in pain, curling back as several roots rip through his shoes and pants, quickly lifting the boy up a few inches.

Meanwhile everyone watches in horror as the floor around him has been sprouting tufts of grass and flowers, leaving a trail from his seat up to the corner he's currently in.

Woody's left arm suddenly splits open, spraying blood all over his outfit and the floor around him, watering the grass. Leaves and flowers sprout up from the open wounds as his arm locks into place, outstretched. He begins to scream in pain as his jaw drops... and drops... and eventually falls off, revealing red mush that's quickly hidden by geren foliage. The roots at his feet grow longer, and thicker, firmly planting themselves into the ground, as Woody's legs have morphed into a wooden trunk, further lifting him higher off the ground.

Using his right hand, he clutches his chest in pain, struggling to move, before his chest splits open, causing one last muffled cry of pain. His white ribs split apart, jagged and pointy like teeth, and a large, bloodstained flower begins to bloom, hiding the gruesome sight of his insides...

His skull splits as a large, red-stained stalk sprouts out of it, slowly dripping blood onto the flower's petals.

Woody Vernell, the Ultimate Florist, has returned to the earth he was born from.

Spoiler: Money in the Pot
Deirdre: +$7,116
Roxie: +$29,773,016
Ace’s Cut: -50%

Initial Remainder: $14,890,066

Woody: +$1,039,022

Total: $15,929,088

Spoiler: FINAL RESULTS
Game Champions:
Max + $7,964,544
Great Dragon + $7,964,544

Champions get +2 FTE Request next chapter (+3 total), every other player gets +1 from the Major Game Reward (+2 total). All surviving players have their BP doubled.

Game Scrub:
You, the girl reading this.

HSG Rank: A

Leaderboard:

1. μ-r10v (Myrion)
BP = 18
$20,248,994

2. Maxwell “Max” Montgomery
BP = 4
$11,765,480

3. Great Dragon
BP = 8
$7,981,980

5. Adel Wagner
BP = 14
$6,512,104

4. Ryleigh Valentina
BP = 6
$3,097,976

6. Tsubasa Hirayabshi
BP = 8
$2,614,464

7. Luke Malley
BP = 10
$6,936

8. Woody Vernell (Deceased)
BP = 11
$0

9. Roxanne “Roxie” Trudeau (Deceased)
BP = 5
$0

10. Deirdre Durand (Deceased)
BP = 5
$0

11. Devin Lewellen (Deceased)
BP = 3
$0

12. Ramon Aki (Deceased)
BP = 3
$0

13. Ruby Colyer (Deceased)
BP = 5
$0

14. Dale Fades (Deceased)
BP = 2
$0

15. Samuel “Sam” Lockmeister (Deceased)
BP = 0
$0

16. Jennifer Wolfe (Deceased)
BP = 1
$0

[You may react to the execution if you wish. Otherwise, the chapter will conclude shortly...]

Happy Maria

Max immediately reached for his hat and started throwing up into it. Kiiiinda gross but he was clearly desperate for it anyway.

Sleeping is my life.

Great Dragon's eyes widen in horror as he watched Woody's fate play out.

"Dios mío..." The wrestler said, seemingly in shock from having to watch a awful scene play out.

"...T-That was the last one, right..?" Adel said, beginning to cry again. He turned to the others in a panic. "W-We're done with this, right?! We...we can stop hurting each other...i-if Deirdre just...if we just helped her, instead of letting her want to die like that...t-then Rocky and Woody..."

His voice trailed off, tears falling down his face.

ASCEND

Jenny opened her eyes.

“Get fucked, Ace. I wasn’t even watching. Didn’t think about that, huh?”

She chuckled at her own brilliance, only to stop after reading the room.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...T-That was the last one, right..?" Adel said, beginning to cry again. He turned to the others in a panic. "W-We're done with this, right?! We...we can stop hurting each other...i-if Deirdre just...if we just helped her, instead of letting her want to die like that...t-then Rocky and Woody..."

Luke was watching in horror, until Adel speaks up. He turns to him and shakes his head - a very indecisive moment, "No - No to the fuck it's not. Fffff-"

He retches and puts a hand in front of his mouth - probably to keep something in.

Datamatt wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

Luke was watching in horror, until Adel speaks up. He turns to him and shakes his head - a very indecisive moment, "No - No to the fuck it's not. Fffff-"

He retches and puts a hand in front of his mouth - probably to keep something in.

"...What is it? H-How can you say something like that..?"

Adel began to weakly hit Luke in the chest, each successive punch growing weaker and weaker. "T-There's no one left..! A-Almost everyone is dead...a-are you gonna kill someone?!"

Luke shoves Adel away with probably quite a bit more force than he should have used. "Because that's what we said every FUCKING DAY, dumbass! And guess what fucking happened! People kept dying, and we'd say the same fucking thing, and people would die again! What the fuck do you think will happen now?! Huh?! What are you gonna do? Gonna fuckin' cry?!"

Sleeping is my life.

"Guys..." Great Dragon said as he tried to diffuses the situation. 'We're all in this together, remember? Is there really a point to argue about it? This is Ace's game, after all... We have to trust each other if we want to make it out of this mess, somehow..."

Remember us.

Ryleigh cowers on the floor, hands desperately clutched over her face.

"Is...is it over...?"

Datamatt wrote:
Luke shoves Adel away with probably quite a bit more force than he should have used. "Because that's what we said every FUCKING DAY, dumbass! And guess what fucking happened! People kept dying, and we'd say the same fucking thing, and people would die again! What the fuck do you think will happen now?! Huh?! What are you gonna do? Gonna fuckin' cry?!"

Adel fell onto the ground and backed away, not saying anything else.

"..."

Tears continued to stream down his face as he turned away from the rest of the group.

ASCEND

Jenny groaned and rolled her eyes.

"Could you cool your hands over there, Luke? I know this whole thing is a shitfest, but you don't need to make yourself the asshole."

Luke seemed to be ready to kick Adel.

And he does. Square in the guts. Pretty hard.

Jenny's reccomendation comes a tad too late though, as he turns around - clearly furious. Hints of regret don't quite seem present.

"Fine! Fuckin' hell, if one more person fucking tries this shit, I swear to Christ."

He lets out a heavy sigh and sits back down, holding his head in his palms.

Adel let out a cry, crawling away slightly. He tried to stand up but fell back down as Luke went away.

His cries became more consistent, his soft sobs reverberating around the room.

BEECH

After watching the horrifying scene, Myrion took a minute to react to what just happened and went over to Adel.

"Are you alright? Do you need help standing up?"

NIKI_4829 wrote:
After watching the horrifying scene, Myrion took a minute to react to what just happened and went over to Adel.

"Are you alright? Do you need help standing up?"

Adel nodded, unable to speak, grabbing onto Myrion.

"...Thank you," Adel managed to whisper.

After stabilizing himself, Adel scurried out of the room.

The American Dream

Once most of the commotion died down, many of the dining room’s candles relit themselves and the group was given a full view of Woody’s massacred body, though, many of them chose to look away. Ace and Loki declared the trial to be concluded and directed everyone to the front door -- the way back to the real world.

With everyone gone, Jenny was left at the dining room table, alone. With no active players in the simulation, it began to slowly break down and objects started disappearing or were reduced to lines of green code.

*CRASH*

“What the hell…?”

From the rubble of what used to be the dining room’s southern wall, a large, imposing figure emerged. Rippling muscles, a chiseled, Herculean jawline, and standing over six feet tall...

“Never fear! It is I, the great Sunfist, hero of justice and all things ri-”

He looked around at the decaying room. Even the broken pieces of wall popped out of existence by then.

“Where is everyone…?”

Jenny took a sip from a juice box. “Trial’s over. They left.”

“Oh… damn it.”

“Yeah, and this place is breakin’ down, so…”

Sunfist slapped his forehead and groaned.

X X X

When they returned to reality, they were met with familiar sights -- Woody, Roxie, and Deirdre -- all three bodies looked exactly the same as they did in the virtual world. Deirdre had a clear stab wound in her chest, Roxie looked like she had been choked, and Woody’s entire body was covered in vines and other plant growths, with a large flower at the center of his being.

Cups and Wands were also there. It appeared that they had been monitoring the trial from the outside. Ace snapped his fingers as everyone got out of their seats and walked out.

“You two. Take care of the bodies. Basement, thirteen.”

The two robots nodded and Ace himself left the room with Loki’s hologram form in tow. The bartender approached Roxie’s corpse and stroked her hair.

“It isn’t fair…” Wands muttered. She had lifted Deirdre’s body from its seat. Cups picked up Roxie and laid her gently in Wands’ arms on top of Deirdre. To her, the weight of two humans was nothing. He went over to the miniature garden that had sprouted up and looked Woody in what remained of his eyes.

There was a whirring sound as Cups charged up a punch and delivered it to the boy’s face, leaving nothing more than a crater that began to fill itself back up with tainted blood.

X X X

Basement: Thirteenth Floor

The incinerator room. It was dark, save from the light that came from its namesake, and was less high-tech compared to the other floors in the building. It had a large furnace, some random chains hanging from the ceiling, boxes full of parts for robots, and generally seemed unclean.

Wands had first thrown Deirdre in, followed by Cups very violently tossing Woody inside. He brushed some leaves off his torso and turned to Wands, who held Roxie still.

“We had only just begun to form a bond…” he muttered. “She was like a daughter to me, in a way. May this fire be the only one she sees in the afterlife”

He took her from Wands.

“Fate is a cruel mistress,” he buzzed. “She tests us, again and again, with no time to recover.”

“It is a hardship, this thing they call life.”

“Roxanne Trudeau should not have died here, nor should any of the others before her.”

“But it’s what happened, Cups, and we are powerless to change such a thing.”

“Before I took a job here, I was living for myself. I did not sign up to take part in enforcing a killing game.”

“What do you want to do about it, huh?”

He looked at Roxie’s face a final time and then turned towards the furnace.

“I know what I want to do about it, Wands. I am wondering if you know it, too.”

With grace, he placed her into the inferno and shut the furnace door. He turned back to Wands, who nodded. They appeared to understand each other, for once.

[Chapter 4 is now over, and you may begin the ACS; you know the drill.
Chapter 5 will be starting tomorrow. As always, we hope you enjoyed this chapter.]
Page 88 of 95 [ 3796 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 95  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus