Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 63 of 63[ 2503 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63

Re: Black Fable: When The Seagulls CryTopic%20Title

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...This is just ridiculous," Briggs chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "My fate is decided...like this. What a laughable way to die...there is no way the Golden Land can bring happiness..."

"Is that true, horny butler? Can you say you were happy before?" 'Mickey' smiled. "I'd say you have plenty of time to find a new hobby. Maybe teach the little butler a thing or two about the world."

JesusMonroe wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...This is just ridiculous," Briggs chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "My fate is decided...like this. What a laughable way to die...there is no way the Golden Land can bring happiness..."

"Is that true, horny butler? Can you say you were happy before?" 'Mickey' smiled. "I'd say you have plenty of time to find a new hobby. Maybe teach the little butler a thing or two about the world."

"...I...I chose the way I lived my life," Briggs said, his cocky demeanor softening. His face turned mellow and genuinely sad, as he clutched Allister's hand. "Living that shitty life didn't matter to me. I lived the way I wanted to..! Knowing for the rest of my time here...that I'll be forced to...fucking be a worthless doll, just sitting here while playing teahouse..."

Briggs squeezed Allister's hand. "There is no greater hell for me."

"If it's any consolation, I am the only one who lost here." 'Mickey' seemed to be serious about his claim. "You will bond with Allister. You will show him love. And he will know what it's like to be loved. Not all of us get that experience. And me? I never even reacquired my Name. This was a failure--I'm doomed to just roam the Golden Land the rest of eternity as nothing more than a shadow."

He was probably dramatizing, but he seemed to believe this was true at least.

ASCEND

“Hey Mikey, what your new name anyway? No one ever say for some reason.” Billy asked, fully expecting an ambiguous answer.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"If it's any consolation, I am the only one who lost here." 'Mickey' seemed to be serious about his claim. "You will bond with Allister. You will show him love. And he will know what it's like to be loved. Not all of us get that experience. And me? I never even reacquired my Name. This was a failure--I'm doomed to just roam the Golden Land the rest of eternity as nothing more than a shadow."

"...That's what I was doing already..!" Briggs snapped back, still not satisfied. "That boy was raised to be a slave! He had no choice in his own path! This isn't a fair fate for him!"

Briggs brought Allister over to Mickey, uncharacteristically desperate. "He is just a child..! You can let him free! Let him make his own decisions when the time is right!"

Planetbox wrote:
“Hey Mikey, what your new name anyway? No one ever say for some reason.” Billy asked, fully expecting an ambiguous answer.

"I have no Name." His answer as abstruse as expected. "I believe there's some name on a piece of paper somewhere, but I never recognized it."
CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...That's what I was doing already..!" Briggs snapped back, still not satisfied. "That boy was raised to be a slave! He had no choice in his own path! This isn't a fair fate for him!"

Briggs brought Allister over to Mickey, uncharacteristically desperate. "He is just a child..! You can let him free! Let him make his own decisions when the time is right!"

"The decision isn't up to me. This was the game. And this is the cost of losing."

Briggs looked at Mickey, incredulous, before spitting at his feet. He stormed off, seemingly looking for a way to escape.

"No one will leave." Lucine spoke up, very pleased with herself. "Never. No one is going to leave me ever again. And that is final."

No other way than to make this mistake.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"No one will leave." Lucine spoke up, very pleased with herself. "Never. No one is going to leave me ever again. And that is final."

Violet turns to Lucine. "Will I be able to see Mom once more?"

Shy guy

JesusMonroe wrote:

"What's in a name? We're all dead, Mickey, how can you still be hung up on that?" Bertram asked, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm not sure what the Moonview name even means anymore, after all this... Even Alice and Anton won't carry it on, after being adopted into a new family."

Datamatt wrote:

"Of course you will." Lucine said, quickly walking over to wrap Violet in a hug she definitely didn't ask for. "Your family will be whole again. That I promise you. Even if the others selfishly protest, I assure you I will not revoke that."

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Zachary had collapsed when he'd realized they'd lost their chance to leave, and had just woken up as Lucine was revealing that grim truth.

"If . . . If we're here forever," Zachary began to muse, "Then I guess I have a lot of time to spend to get to know everyone here a lot better. And work on my inventions. And show them all to you. Maybe someday I can even invent a device that allows us to communicate with the living again. Something the whole world can use to communicate and bond and share information instantaneously. Something we can use . . . to tell our story." He began to look quite wistful. "I can see it now . . . many years from now, people will read our story, scrutinize it, tell us how we could've done better."

He stood up and went around the room.
To his half-brother, he said, "Billy, it's been a pleasure meeting you. I'm sorry I was so suspicious of you when you first walked in. You have some really nice ideas that resonate with me. I still hope a bunch of us can jam sometime."

To Wyn, he gave a sympathetic look and uttered, "I'm . . . really sorry I judged you too. It's clear you and Basil love each other, and I really wish things could've gone a different way. It wasn't in the cards . . . and look what happened to you anyway."

'Besides, I don't doubt that the witches would've killed your family if they would've lost,' Zach wanted to add, but decided not to say. This family hadn't asked for any of this. When those with the power force your hand, then what's even the point of living?

Zach wanted to tell Lucine that if anyone here was cowardly, it was her for hiding in the background murdering the rest of her family. For forcing people to work with her or else she would erase their entire family. Claiming the family was selfish for growing up with money, when she had stolen from them the most precious thing of all: their lives. Someone this far gone would not listen to rational, moral logic. And it pained him terribly that the witches got their way, despite doing so many morally and ethically repugnant things.

He turned to Basil and sighed. "You deserve so much better, Brother."

Next, he made his way over to Twilip. "I . . . I have the most to apologize for to you. To think I was manipulated by the end of the story to think you were the only one who could've killed me . . . I completely dismissed any good you'd done afterwards. I feel so awful, and nothing I could've done feels like it could make up for it. If . . . If only I wasn't so blinded by revenge, I'd- this whole family might have been able to get the upper hand on the witches. We should've worked together, but instead the witches managed to pull us apart. Can . . . Can you forgive me?" He didn't mention her shoving the poison in his mouth as, in his mind, he felt like he really deserved that.

He wasn't really sure what to say to the others, so he simply returned to Robin and wrapped her in a tight embrace. "I'm sorry . . . I'm so, so sorry . . . ." He wasn't sure why he was saying that, because at least the one he cared about the most would be with him forever, but this all wasn't right. He wouldn't feel right at all being complacent. How can anyone learn without challenges? Grow without struggles? He wanted to grow old with her and potentially make a big family of his own, but now they'd never get that chance. Maybe the eternal paradise will eventually drive him mad enough to be okay with it, but he hoped that day wouldn't come for a very, very long time. For now, he just buried his face in the crook of her shoulder and tried to recapture some of the warmth she radiated, which used to comfort him no matter how bad he was feeling.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Twilip lets out a sigh. "Don't even mention it now Zachary... I should've trusted you, but.... God I wish I had another chance to beat those bastards."

Sleeping is my life.

Vincent lets out a sigh.

"This fucking suck... Guess this mean my career as a musician is over... I'll never get to see my family again... See my kids grow up and have children of their own... Release some new albums..." The musician groan as he put his face into his hands after hearing Lucine says that no one can leave.

“Your career as a musician never began, amiright?” ‘Mickey’ playfully nudged Maurice, who probably wasn’t in the mood to join in on the roast.

No other way than to make this mistake.

DootDootDoot wrote:
Datamatt wrote:

"Of course you will." Lucine said, quickly walking over to wrap Violet in a hug she definitely didn't ask for. "Your family will be whole again. That I promise you. Even if the others selfishly protest, I assure you I will not revoke that."

A few tears drop down Violet's cheeks as she smiles and hugs Lucine back. No other words are spoken.

KamiPanda wrote:
"What's in a name? We're all dead, Mickey, how can you still be hung up on that?" Bertram asked, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm not sure what the Moonview name even means anymore, after all this... Even Alice and Anton won't carry it on, after being adopted into a new family."

"What's in a Name? It's the title of my story. It's my identity. It's who I am, warts and all. You know it's important, that's why you didn't want me to have it. That's why you worked Luce's whole life to groom her to uphold our Name. So don't act like it means nothing--it's everything." He seemed to be getting emotional, abandoning his calm demeanor from before.

"Like it or not... I'm yer son. Even though I killed of ya, I'm still yer son. There's a part of me in you, and you can't just erase me from this family. From its history." His voice trembled as he let that last sentence out. "It don't matter. Lines were crossed today, and I know you never gave a shit about me in the first place. So it's whatever. Maybe I'll find a new Name. How does 'Harold' sound? ''''Harold'''' asked everyone.

The lack of an immediate response gave him his answer.

"Ah shit, it sucks!"

Shy guy

"The Moonview name used to mean everything. Now, though..." Bertram sighed again.

"Yet, we're stuck here now. Stuck with each other. You beat us, you won: take your name, if it really means so much to you," he said, waving a dismissive hand to try and wash his hands of the whole affair. "I'd sooner call you that than 'Harold', you'd just remind me of my old business partner..." he muttered.

"...really?" Mickey's face lost all its aggression. He looked like the little boy he once was, if only for a moment. "...dope!"

And then he laughed. Laughed obnoxiously, but joyously. It wasn't long before the tears came.

Nothing changed about Mickey. Mickey looked the same as he always had. And yet it was clear to everyone in the room that something did change, even if they couldn't explain it. If this was who he always was, then it was like everybody was seeing him for the first time.

He wrapped his father in a tight hug, whether he was a willing participant or not. Tears and snot staining Bertram's suit. "Thanks, Dad. I know that shit wasn't easy."

Mickey had arrived.

Shy guy

"Damn straight it wasn't easy!" Bertram snapped, Mickey's sudden and kinda gross affection startling him. It took all his self-control to stay still while Mickey ruined his clothes, not that they weren't already ruined from being submerged in the ocean earlier. "I'll give you your name, but don't think for a second I've forgiven you for siding with Lucine and helping bring all this to pass."

"Yea, yea. I got that." Mickey nodded, assuring her understood as he let his father go from the hug. "Still, we got eternity. I got a lotta the Golden Land to explore, but maybe we'll cross paths again. Who knows? We'll see."

He walked away and towards the dessert table, hyped up on the completion of his journey. "Gotta love a happy ending!"

Happy Maria

Maurice didn't seem to say anything. A look in his direction made it clear that he appeared to be choking on something, perhaps his tea. Had the reveal caught him so off-guard he started choking so much he still hadn't recovered?

JesusMonroe wrote:
“Your career as a musician never began, amiright?” ‘Mickey’ playfully nudged Maurice, who probably wasn’t in the mood to join in on the roast.

Despite the fact that he'd been choking for like an hour now, Maurice did seem to notice Mickey nudging him. In an uncharacteristically vulgar display, he flipped the bird in Mickey's direction. He didn't seem particularly pleased at what had transpired.

Four Final Letters

Gloria sits at the table. A half-eaten plum sits next to her. It seems she isn't hungry anymore. Her face is hidden beneath her hat, but tears fall on the ground in front of her. It seems like the whole event truly broke her spirit.

All around the room, the family is hiding their faces in pure misery, nobody can imagine an eternity in this place with Lucine and Mickey.

Billy takes out his keytar and thinks to himself, wishing to play a tune for everyone, but he finds himself uninspired, and missing Auntie Frank.

Suddenly Billy's feet leave the ground. his arms crushed at his sides.

[THEME MUSIC]

"Hello, son! O ho!! I've been waiting a long time to meet ya!" a gorgeous, chiseled man, maybe a few years younger than Billy, dashes up and wraps Billy in his arms.

"I love ya, champ!" young Peregrine looks Billy in the eyes. "I wanna spend some time with you in the pottery shop! Does that sound like fun to ya? I always thought fathers and sons should spend some time in the pottery shop together, since pottery shop is where me and my dad had good memories! Aw, ya look very cool! I appreciate your style, buddy! Man, I've been waiting so long!"

Peregrine hugs Billy for a few seconds longer, when suddenly Gloria leaps up from her seat and embraces Billy and Peregrine, blubbering with tears.

"Oh light of my life, star of my sky, I missed you! It was so tough living without you! I'm so glad to see you're still so handsome after all this time. It looks like you were never even eaten by that crocodile!"

Peregrine lets go and kisses his old life partner, in a sweet but awkward moment, tears glistening in his eyes.

"Aw, Honey Darling!! I can't wait to talk with you! I know all about what happened, and you might be disappointed in yourself and your family, but I think you did the best you can, and I know it would have been tough for me if ya got eaten by a crocodile instead..."

Peregrine holds Gloria, tucked under his arms. She looks blissfully happy to see him again. He goes around hugging all his babies. He hugs Bertram, Basil, Maurice, Twilip, and he gives Zachary an extra-soft squeeze, tousling the hair of his youngest baby child.

"Ya're all so much older! It's crazy! Almost all ya kids have outgrown your pops! I can't wait to talk again to all of ya! This is so exciting! I wanna go camping, I wanna play baseball, I wanna cook green beans, I wanna make a quilt! I know everyone has regrets, but I'm so thankful for everyone! I'll make the Golden Land our home!"

He wraps his arms around Violet and Asher, "Hey! I'm your great pa! I know you never met me, but I know about you guys and I'm glad to finally meet ya! I know maybe you aren't that excited, but Diane is here! You can go see her now!"

Gloria bounces around in the crook of Peregrine's arm. She hugs all her children and grandchildren. She also introduces Peregrine to James, Jackie, Robin, Allister, and Briggs. Peregrine thanks Robin profusely for being a good friend to Gloria. He also thanks Jackie for being so kind to Bertram and the kids. He thanks James because he doesn't want to leave James out. He compliments Briggs on his good looks and insists he hopes they can be friends. He gives Allister a big hug and tells him that he will be his dad if nobody else will.

Finally, Peregrine looks over at Lucine and Mickey, with Gloria curled up in his arms.

He opens his mouth,

"I love ya. I hope we can do something together soon. I've gotta do my duty for my family though, now."

With that, Peregrine takes the non-witches away, disappearing from the dining room.

Four Final Letters: END

[???]
Page 63 of 63 [ 2503 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus