Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 4 of 19[ 721 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

Re: Scooby Doo, Starring You: Stage Fright at the Scream ParTopic%20Title

ASCEND

EXT. STAGE - NIGHT

Twilight approaches Skully’s Scream Park. A sizable crowd has gathered in the stands, humming perhaps not with excitement but with morbid anticipation.

Thanks to their passes, the gang has front-row seats for the show. They file in, stumbling over strangers’ feet, and then sit down in a row of five chairs. Scooby sits down as well. He looks incredibly silly.

The stage is still shrouded in shadow with only vague figures moving about across it. The show is expected to begin in just a few minutes. But where is the band?

[The band can come out on stage whenever they’re ready. You can also show what’s going on backstage, but the Mystery Gang can only see and react to what’s in front of them.]
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sock

Several strange, wet tunes can be heard from behind the stage, followed by a slightly louder and wetter tune, followed again by a splashing sound.

"Oh! There ya are, Frankie!" Moe shouts loud enough for the Gang to hear. Several loud flopping noises can be heard before another splash.

"What're you doing in my sax? That's my father's uncle's mother's daughter's stringed saxophone, Frankie, you can't swim in there..."

The American Dream

Daphne looked around at the rest of the group after hearing... whatever that was. The amount of audible wetness made her uncomfortable.

Ed breathed in and out several times in a paper bag. "Moe! Dry that thing for God's sake, it's almost time!"

His panicky voice reached all the way to the audience...

Shy guy

'Psycho' strode out onto the stage. Normally she'd have walked on with the others, or gone afterwards as a support instrumentalist, but it seemed like she wanted to get away from Moe before she got even more pissed off than she already looked. She'd taken her coat off now, and had a keytar in hand, supported by a strap around one of her shoulders. She couldn't really do much without the rest of the band though, so she just leaned against one of the speakers and stared out at the crowd. At least the sight of so many people here to listen to her music seemed to lift her spirits.

fella

“So, gang,” Fred began, leaning back in his seat a bit. “I think this’ll be an... interesting show, huh? I heard some things about the band being odd, but after meeting them in person, I have to say that the rumors didn’t do ‘em any justice.”

“And I know the supernatural is more our speciality, but I wonder if we should look into that missing bassist...” he mused to himself. He seemed to be trying to get his mind off of the audible wetness he was hearing from backstage. It was making him uncomfortable. He looked up at ‘Psycho’ as she meandered out onto the stage, probably holding a very awkward eye contact with her for a few moments before turning away.

Buffy shuffles onto the stage like the little gnome that he is, lute in hand and a bright smile on his face.

"Blimey, this is quite the crowd we got 'ere!" The lutenist marvels. "Oh roight, almost forgot!" He quickly scuffles backstage and returns with a stool in hand, before placing it on the stage and climbing on top of it. "Much betta! You all look absolutely enchanting from up here!"

He then turns his head to the bandmates who had yet to walk on stage, beckoning them over. "Me and the mates have a super special performance for you all, don't we lads?" Buffy says, strumming a meaty riff on his lute.

The American Dream

Collin1002 wrote:
“And I know the supernatural is more our specialty, but I wonder if we should look into that missing bassist...” he mused to himself.

Daphne nodded. "A mystery's a mystery, after all. It might be worth checking out."

Rookie Killer

When the supernatural was mentioned Shaggy shivered a bit but he went back to eating his snacks and waiting for the performance to start.

Sock

"Aye aye, Cap'n!" Moe shouts ad Ed before flopping onto the stage.

Masked in swimmer's goggles that are obviously meant to cover his nose but fail miserably, as well as having a snorkel sticking out of his mouth and some comically large flippers on, Moe gives the crowed a thumbs up.

"Aw shoot! I forgot my prized sax!" Moe says before running backstage again in a hurry, faceplanting twice because he tried to run in flippers that are as long as his torso.

Last edited by Kachu on Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

After seeing that everyone was "fine" and everything was "normal" - obviously only as much as can be expected from the ragtag group he'd become familiar with over the last couple years - Dario left the room to continue setting up for the concert.

---

Dario was one of the more hyperactive silhouettes the crowd would be able to make out, rushing back and forth, making sure everything was ready. He was waiting just offstage holding Moe's sax, which was as dry as one could get it in a minute's time.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Sock

“Aw shucks! Thanks brother!” Moe gave Dario a simile with his comically legs teeth before taking off his swimwear and heading back on stage, in his normal, chill outfit.

He gave the crowd another thumbs up.

WinterCoat wrote:
Collin1002 wrote:
“And I know the supernatural is more our specialty, but I wonder if we should look into that missing bassist...” he mused to himself.

Daphne nodded. "A mystery's a mystery, after all. It might be worth checking out."

“I agree.” Velma said, trying her best to ignore the audible wetness. “Maybe everything’s actually okay with him, but the fact that nobody seems to know what happened to him is a little concerning.”

No other way than to make this mistake.

Elisa, not being part of the band nor the gang, decides to sit down near the front row to just enjoy the show for a bit. She manages to choose a location near the gang after some furious pass waving and shoving. As soon as she reaches her rightful seat, she starts chowing down on some margherita pizza, waiting for the band to do the quirky band thing.

Ed bit down on and screamed into a pillow he brought specifically for this.

Then he slapped a fake smile on his face and took a selfie backstage to post on twitter. In the background you could see Moe on the ground. Several people asked if he was dead.

Lori sat at some sort of mixing board contraption, wearing a huge pair of headphones connected to it and working her way through a disturbingly large bag of gummy worms. She frowned as Moe tried to sort out whatever was going on with his saxophone and... a fish, maybe? - and turned down his mic.

"Hey, Blaze," she managed through a mouthful of gummy worms as she fiddled with more toggles and dials. "What's the plan this time? Fireworks? Drones? Lasers?"

Moe made it back on stage with his saxophone, and Lori turned his mic back up to normal.

"...Whooopsie!"

Suddenly, smoke began to fly out from backstage.

"...Uhh, well, no smoke this time, Lori."

Happy Maria

Tucker walked onto the stage just as Moe ran back to grab his sax. He gave him a confused look but took his place, bass guitar in hand. He seemed pretty enthusiastic about the whole thing. Hearing Buffy's riff, he tried to add in by playing in the background. The bass playing was subtle but it did seem pretty expert. He looked towards the back, waiting for the others to enter.

Lori nodded. "Smoke bombs. Okay, cool. Kinda thought they'd wait until the show started, and they'd be on stage, but alright."

As the smoke billowed around her, Lori cleared her throat and tried to fan some of it away with her hand.

Last edited by UkuleleLady on Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

((accident, ignore))

Velma blinked upon seeing the smoke.

“Do you think everything’s okay back there...?”

Shy guy

TheLetterF wrote:
He then turns his head to the bandmates who had yet to walk on stage, beckoning them over. "Me and the mates have a super special performance for you all, don't we lads?" Buffy says, strumming a meaty riff on his lute.

'Psycho' winced, but then grabbed a mic and yelled, "We're Stranger Strings! You're gonna have a strange time today, but it'll be a night to remember!" She seemed to be trying to hype herself up for the upcoming performance, and thankfully was doing a good job of it. She seemed a lot more comfortable on stage than she had hanging out in the lounge earlier.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Ay caramba . . . ." Dario muttered as he saw the smoke billowing forth, radioing the rest of the crew to activate the ventilation system. He bounded over to Lori's sound station and asked with a sigh, "Hey, can I have some of those gummy worms? I get the feeling I'm gonna need the extra sugar for this one."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

"Okay, Blaze...this time, *don't* send the fireworks directly onto the stage. You might hurt someone. You send them out to the *sky.*"

Unfortunately, the fireworks were still aimed at the stage. Luckily, they wouldn't go off quite yet!

"It's all part of the show... It's all part of the-" Ed coughed his lungs out, trying to wave away the smoke.

Admittedly, it did look pretty cool billowing behind the band.

Lori grinned at Dario. "Oh, yeah. Sure. Here." She hoisted up the bag of gummy worms and dropped it into his hands. The thing was quite heavy. "They're spicy."

She glanced over at her pyromaniacal pal. "Do you, uh. Want some help, there, Blaze?"

Joker wrote:

"The fandom page for Blaze apparently has a lot of comments about him being a pyromaniac. Take that however you will," Elisa interjects, and then continues munching on her pizza.

"Prolly fine."

Shy guy

'Psycho' looked like she wanted to say something more to the crowd, but instead started coughing noisily into the mic as the smoke reached her. She quickly switched her mic off and then turned to glare at the backstage crew, eyes tearing up from all the smoke. "This is going to be another one of those shows, is it? Get your heads in gear!"

Datamatt wrote:
Joker wrote:

"The fandom page for Blaze apparently has a lot of comments about him being a pyromaniac. Take that however you will," Elisa interjects, and then continues munching on her pizza.

"Prolly fine."

“Oh, well that’s a relief.” Velma replied. “Thank you.”

Rookie Killer

Joker wrote:

"It'll be fine, I mean like what's the worst that could happen?" responded Shaggy.

Winston Payne wrote:
Joker wrote:

"It'll be fine, I mean like what's the worst that could happen?" responded Shaggy.

Elisa shrugs. "A bunch of people blowing up? Would make for a good shock piece."

"WHAT?" Lori shouted, answering Psycho. She stood up, almost tipping her chair, and began to gesture wildly as if pointing at something on her face. It might or might not have been visible through the smoke. "I CAN'T HEAR YOU! TALK INTO YOUR MIC!"

Happy Maria

The last thing Tucker was expecting was the abundance of smoke. It didn't help that he was playing a bit as well. Unable to hold it in, he started coughing directly into his mic, which the audience could hear in awkward clarity now. He also messed up a couple notes as he did. Whoops!

UkuleleLady wrote:
Lori grinned at Dario. "Oh, yeah. Sure. Here." She hoisted up the bag of gummy worms and dropped it into his hands. The thing was quite heavy. "They're spicy."

She glanced over at her pyromaniacal pal. "Do you, uh. Want some help, there, Blaze?"

"No way! I got this! Who do you think I am?!"

Blaze stamped his feet in protest, accidentally setting off an army of drones he saved for the middle of the set. It flew around undeterred, randomly spluttering across the stage, some even making their way out into the audience.

ASCEND

As Tucker walked on-stage, Elisa and the gang heard a few Stranger Strings fans talking behind them.

"Hey, where's the bassist?" one of them asked, "Why's that guy in the weird hat on-stage?"

The other fan, wearing a comically large Moe mask, turned to respond.

"Didn't you hear? He's been hospitalized," the fan explained, "Apparently got in a freak go-karting accident."

"Oh, wow. Not here, right?"

"I dunno. There are people claiming they saw the crash at like five different parks. It's a real mystery for sure."

"Well, no way this dude's gonna be a good replacement. Look! He's already messing up!"

Apparently the growing cloud of smoke was not a concern for them. It must be a fairly common occurrence at Stranger Strings shows.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

A whipped cream pie splats on Tucker'ss face. From the arc and trajectory it seems like Gabby has made her approach into the crowd with all the fans. Nobody is safe.

A quiet "Hyuk!" can be heard in all the noise.

Shy guy

'Psycho' didn't feel like yelling into her mic for the whole crowd to hear, so she just scowled in the general direction of backstage, hoping her expression hit Blaze, then laid down sideways directly on the floor to try and get out of the rising smoke. She looked out at the crowd again and apparently recognised a few regulars, because she waved at them.

Then the drones got let loose, and her self-restraint snapped. With a yell she jumped to her feet and smashed one of the drones that was flying too close to her with her keytar, sending it hurtling into the side of the drumkit. Some of the crowd clapped like this was part of the show, which for a lot of them it probably was.

"My-My drones! How could you?!"

Shy guy

"Don't want 'em broken? Then don't fly them up in my face!" 'Psycho' yelled back. She looked about ready to smack another, taking a stance with her keytar like she was a batter lining up to score a homerun.

Happy Maria

Tucker kept coughing. He wanted to ask what the heck was going on but he contained it. His bass playing was getting worse by the minute.

And then the pie hit his face.

A horrified scream sounded from him, though all the cream pie in his face muffled it, thankfully. Unfortunately, due to the fact that he was playing, he wasn't able to scrape it off his face, so he kept playing... blindly. The pie was sticky as heck so it didn't even fall off. It just... stuck itself to his face. He looked almost as big a clown as Gabby herself.

It was kinda embarrassing, especially to all the fans watching. His bass playing had worsened even more with this and the lead vocalist hadn't even come on-stage yet.
Page 4 of 19 [ 721 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus