Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 46 of 56[ 2230 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 56  Next

Re: (NGX) The Zodiac Game (Black Timeline A)Topic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

"They'll both live if I don't mess this up," Mei says, still hard at work on fixing Suyin's leg, more specifically pulling out the shrapnel, "You should know that neither of them'll be able to do much of anything for a while. If you want to go finish off Fujisaki, you, Taikong and Amethyst are the only ones who can." She doesn't take her eyes off her work. At least it's distracting her from her other woes.

"Are you really fucking trying to shoot up while you operate on us?" Suyin mutters. "For fuck's sake..."

ASCEND

“Alright, enough waiting around,” Taikong says, “Let’s go.”

Mao nods, sauntering off with the RPG. Amethyst pauses for a moment as if in thought and then grabs Suyin’s rifle, following the others.

Upon reaching the throne room, their steps become more cautious and more quiet. Mao seems surprised that Amethyst is joining them but doesn’t let it distract him. The three keep a tight grip on their cold weapons and tread deeper into the facility.

Mao pauses at the room’s exit and peers down the corridor. There’s no sign of Fujisaki, so the group continues down the hall, approaching the Dungeon at the end of the corridor.

When the group makes it a little over halfway down the hall, the Dungeon doors swing open!

“Take cover!” Mao whispers.

The three duck down behind piles of rubble as Fujisaki steps out of the Dungeon, tightly gripping his katana. Sunny stands behind him, less scared than before but still noticeably anxious.

Fujisaki stares out at the seemingly empty hallway and scoffs.

“You can come out. I know you are here.”

———————

Meanwhile, Mei continues operating on the two hapless wounded. She finishes removing the shrapnel from Suyin and starts patching her up.

“I think you’re going to recover,” Mei says, “I recommend you keep resting for now though. Obviously you shouldn’t start walking around.”

“Ugh, what’d you even inject me with?” Suyin asks, “More of your stash?”

“Well, yes, but only to help with the pain,” Mei replies, “You could at least try to sound grateful…”

Suddenly, Mei hears an uncomfortable noise coming from Amandi’s bed. He starts coughing violently, sending drops of blood out of his throat.

“Shit, his condition must be worsening,” Mei shouts, rushing over to the gurney. “I-I’ve got to do something…”

[The players in both scenes may post.]
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sleeping is my life.

In the Playroom...

Dr. Uwem doesn't say anything as he is still coughing violently. Seriously, he was badly injured as he have taken a lot of shrapnel to his body.

“Just let the boy go, Fujisaki.” Mao said, keeping his temper in check. “We’re the ones you’re angry with. You’re just going to hurt him if you take him.”

Shy guy

Sun Taikong emerged from his cover, facing Fujisaki head on. "Anything to say for yourself? There's no-where left to run, you may as well talk."

"Suyin, you'll be fine. Don't do anything rash while I'm not looking," Mei says curtly, looking at the doctor with a darkening expression. She digs through her bag some more, wiping some sweat from her forehead in the meanwhile.

"What do you think I'd do?" Suyin rolls her eyes. "I can barely move anyways."

"You wouldn't be the first one," Mei mumbles.

Sock

JesusMonroe wrote:
“Just let the boy go, Fujisaki.” Mao said, keeping his temper in check. “We’re the ones you’re angry with. You’re just going to hurt him if you take him.”

"I'd be a fool to hand him over to you. After what you had done. I refuse." Fujisaki shook his head.

KamiPanda wrote:
Sun Taikong emerged from his cover, facing Fujisaki head on. "Anything to say for yourself? There's no-where left to run, you may as well talk."

"About?" Fujisaki cocks his head slightly, looking at Taikong somewhat confused. "How about you talk! What happened to her!?"

Shy guy

"Don't ask me, I wasn't even there! Even if you didn't kill Juanli though, you still murdered X and Monk!" Sun Taikong shot back. "Do you really have nothing to say for yourself?"

Sock

KamiPanda wrote:
"Don't ask me, I wasn't even there! Even if you didn't kill Juanli though, you still murdered X and Monk!" Sun Taikong shot back. "Do you really have nothing to say for yourself?"

"...Very well then. No. There are no words that I could say that would sway either of you. You came here intending to kill me, no?"

Fujisaki raised his katana, reading himself slightly. "Your minds were set from the very beginning, just as mine was. I do not regret my actions. I refuse to return the boy. I refuse to surrender until heads roll from what you all have done!"

Shy guy

"You think we're the ones in the wrong here?" Sun Taikong said incredulously. "If you're such a paragon, then no, let's keep talking. The Temple of the Sun, bombed by the Americans. You were imprisoned there. You were let loose by a stray blast. What happened?" He had a dark look in his eyes as he glared at Fujisaki now, unheeding of Sunny standing right behind the man.

Sock

“You misunderstand me. However, I understand your confusion.”

“Imagine for a moment, the one closest to you. The one held highest in your heart, ripped away from you in an instant. You claim to have no part in this. If such a thing is true then you should get out of my damned way so I can find the bastard myself!”

Fujisaki frowns but continues talking. “I was here. With her....” his voice cracks slightly. “China was my enemy. There was an unfortunate man caught in the blast, and a soldier nearby, out cold. I would not allow China to know what I was after. I interrogated him. He gave me the info I wanted, and then I cut him down. I have little doubt China would’ve given me mercy were I in his position. We made it out of there... together... we did everything together...”

Fujisaki grits his teeth and tosses his sunglasses away, starting Sun Taikong dead on. “If you intend to fight me, then fight me! If you get in my way, I’ll strike you down all the same! I’ll cut your tongue out and curse you the same way she was!”

He changed his stance into something more defensive. It seemed he still fully intended on guarding Sunny as well.

Shy guy

"Imagine for a moment, the one closest to you. The one held highest in your heart, ripped away from you in an instant," Sun Taikong repeated, snarling. "I didn't want to believe it before, but that man you killed... That man was Sun Haiyang. My father. The man who volunteered to join me when I was conscripted. The man who risked his life to save my own! You are nothing but a coward, Fujisaki, and you will die here!" He punctuated the remark by firing his pistol at Fujisaki multiple times, completely oblivious to the small boy hiding just behind his target.

Sock

“Get down, kid!” Fujisaki shouts out back at Sunny as he dives off to the side and out of Taikong’s fire.

Shy guy

Sun Taikong let out a wordless yell, charging Fujisaki's position. He took a few moments to reload his pistol with practised precision, before firing some additional shots to keep Fujisaki pinned down while he moved even closer.

Sock

Fujisaki rolled over and quickly climbed back up, though not without a few bullets grazing him, unfortunately being shot in his left shoulder. He swore in Japanese a few times as he stood up.

He grunts and grits his teeth, and quickly scans the room before turning his attention back to the soldier nearby. Quickly putting his katana aside, Fujisaki whips out a pistol of his own, but it was abundantly clear this was not his preferred method of combat. His aim was shoddy at best, and whiffed all of his shots. "Have you no care for the boy's life!? Do you intend to let your commander kill both mother and son!?" Fujisaki shouts, though it was likely an attempt to just de-escalate the situation. Once he ran out of ammo, instead of reloading one-handed, he just hurled the pistol at Sun Taikong instead.

Shy guy

Sun Taikong didn't seem able to hear him. He had gone into a blind rage, intent only on destroying his enemy. It was clear now how he had managed to survive as many battles as he had, despite being a civilian when the war began. Unfortunately this violent streak was now endangering Sunny as well.

While he took cover from the shots at first, when he saw how off-target they were he brazenly ran headlong into the gunfire. The thrown gun slammed into his face and made him stumble, but he quickly caught the falling pistol with his off-hand, and recognising it was the same model as his other, loaded a fresh magazine into it. He drew ever closer, blood dripping from a battered nose and now wielding guns akimbo.

Sock

A bizarre expression of fear, confusion, and anger was on Fujisaki's face. He quickly shook it off and instead fought the best way he knew how to.

He picked his katana back up and began to charge Taikong straight on himself, not seeing any better option. Prepared to swing his blade and take him head on.

Shy guy

Taikong's arm shot up to intercept the katana, catching the blade against one of his pistols. It slid off to one side and carved deep into his hand, but his other hand was already bringing the second pistol up from below his waist, aiming right at Fujisaki's chest. He pulled the trigger, but the shot went wide as the pain from his butchered hand wracked him. Unfortunately for his opponent, the recoil brought the barrel back in line, and the second shot found its mark.

Sock

Fujisaki stumbled backwards, dropping his katana and clutching his wound. He mumbles to himself and looks down at his feet, dripping blood with each step he took.

"Dammit...." He manages to mutter between gasping breaths. "I'm not... done yet..."

"Stop shooting so close to the child!" Amethyst yelled, though she also raised her rifle in Fujisaki's direction as she did, which I think constitutes a mixed message. "... At least aim straight!"

Mao had been oddly silent the whole time, preparing.

He was on one knee, RPG steadied over his shoulder. His eyes had a focus and intensity to him that had long been absent. He was waiting for this.

“Private. Sunny. Duck.”

Shy guy

While Amethyst's words reached Sun Taikong's ears, he didn't register them. Mao's command, however, cut right through his rage, and he obeyed his superior officer on instinct. He was already jumping back away from Fujisaki before he even realised what was going on.

Sock

Fujisaki lifelessly stared across the room, right at Mao. He clenched his fist again, but his body betrayed him and went somewhat limp. The only thing left in his eyes was rage, anyone could see the fire in his eyes as he glared at the general, and made an attempt to step forward to charge yet again.

Mao fired the RPG, it gliding over Taikong barely as he ducked, singing the hairs on the back of his head.

It went just past Fujisaki, detonating on the wall behind him. The shockwave knocked him into the neighboring wall, smashing him against it. Somehow nobody else was harmed.

Fujisaki was alive however, and still conscious. But his left leg was nearly amputated, hanging off at an awkward angle and only held in place by a few pieces of flesh and muscle.

Sock

If Fujisaki groaned or cried out in pain, nobody heard him. He didn't move from the wall, and it was clear that he was struggling, but the fire in his eyes refused to fade.

He spat out blood and coughed, but he wasn't ready to die, despite his situation being hopeless. Not yet.

Mao walked next to Taikong, not unlike a devil over his shoulder. “Go ahead, Private. Finish him.”

Mei winces at the sound of a distant explosion, her hands temporarily stopping their work. She looks down at the patient under the knife with a worried look. "I can't live with that guilt. Sorry," she mutters to herself, reaching into her bag for a familiar syringe: oxycodone.

She places the needle above her elbow pit and closes her eyes momentarily while pushing the plunger down. This time, there was no relief - she needed to focus more, though she knew well that was far above the reccomended dose.

Placing the syringe on a tray, Mei gets back to work on Amandi. Though her eyes looked more focused than ever, the blue fingertips told a different story.

Shy guy

JesusMonroe wrote:
Mao walked next to Taikong, not unlike a devil over his shoulder. “Go ahead, Private. Finish him.”

"Thank you, sir," Sun Taikong muttered. He was glad Mei wasn't here to see him like this. He strode over to Fujisaki's fallen katana, picking it up with his uninjured left hand before drawing close to the injured, helpless man. After standing over for him for a few moments, searing his final moments into his memory, he drove the sword through Fujisaki's chest, killing him in just the same way as the man had his father. For a few more moments he stood there, twitching as violent urges threatened to make him do something more depraved, before he managed to pull his gaze away and back off. He didn't want to disgrace his father.

Amethyst stared at Fujisaki's corpse from a distance, still holding on to the rifle. She didn't feel any particular grief for him or Yin, but still seemed dissatisfied with the general loss of life. "... He said some interesting things, you know. About Juanli, and also..."

"He never mentioned burning the corpse."

Shy guy

"What?" Sun Taikong whipped around to stare at Amethyst with a dangerous look in his eyes. "He... he must have just burned it afterwards, to make it look like my father just died from an explosion! I didn't want to accept that my dad was murdered when I'd spent all this time thinking he'd died saving my life... I refuse to accept that there's an even deeper conspiracy going on there! He was a normal man! Just a completely ordinary, loving father, like you'd find anywhere." He glared at Amethyst, daring her to contradict him, before dropping his gaze to the floor.

"How could this have happened? How could the truth of that day have slipped by me unnoticed?" he mumbled.

KamiPanda wrote:
"What?" Sun Taikong whipped around to stare at Amethyst with a dangerous look in his eyes. "He... he must have just burned it afterwards, to make it look like my father just died from an explosion! I didn't want to accept that my dad was murdered when I'd spent all this time thinking he'd died saving my life... I refuse to accept that there's an even deeper conspiracy going on there! He was a normal man! Just a completely ordinary, loving father, like you'd find anywhere." He glared at Amethyst, daring her to contradict him, before dropping his gaze to the floor.

"How could this have happened? How could the truth of that day have slipped by me unnoticed?" he mumbled.

"I don't know." Amethyst answered, simply staring back at Taikong. "All I have are questions now. Why was the corpse burned? How did Cat even get their hands on it, and how did they know what Fujisaki did? Did they burn it?"

"... The most important question though," she tightened her grip on the rifle, looking at Mao from the corner of her eye, "is why lie about Juanli? What reason could he have for that?"

"As I said", He began, "He intended to divide us. He hoped that our group would fall apart from infighting, yet in the end we came together and prevailed. Check your CDP, Private. That should prove he was lying."

Shy guy

Sun Taikong looked up again, giving Mao a glance that could maybe be construed as 'suspicious'. He did as requested though, checking his CDP. "...I can't tell. With all the Gates we've all been running through, I don't think I can say for sure just from CDP whether he killed her or not." He grimaced, though perhaps it was just from the pain of his mangled right hand as he operated the bracelet.

"... there's one thing I should say." Mao added almost reluctantly. "If we wish to consider all possibilities--but please keep this information to yourselves. Not until I get a chance to talk to Suyin."

"He was serious about protecting Sunny though. If he wasn't, he would have pressed the bomb's button. So if he was telling the truth about that..." Amethyst said.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"... there's one thing I should say." Mao added almost reluctantly. "If we wish to consider all possibilities--but please keep this information to yourselves. Not until I get a chance to talk to Suyin."

"Then say it! A woman is dead, of course we need to consider all possibilities!"

Actually, two (technically three) women are dead.

“Suyin hasn’t gotten along with her sister in a long, long time. I don’t know the details, but one of them stepped far beyond a typical sibling feud.”

Mao began recounting the story in an almost shaken, nervous tone. "Fujisaki fired wildly at us in the treasury, I wasn’t even sure who was hit at the time. But I pursued him down the secret passageway as he ran away before losing him.”

He swallowed, but he was too far in to quit now. “There was a brief period of time where the sisters were alone together. And it was only when I returned to the room where I saw that Juanli had died.”

He didn’t add anything more, the full implication of that statement not being lost on the two soldiers.

"... So what do we do now?" Amethyst asked, nervously wondering what exactly the rifle in her hands had been used for. "She's not going to just tell you if she really killed Juanli. And as much as everything lines up, we don't know for sure. What are we supposed to do with a potential murderer in our group?"
Page 46 of 56 [ 2230 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 56  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus