Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 56[ 2230 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56  Next

(NGX) The Zodiac Game (End)Topic%20Title

ASCEND

[Welcome to the Zodiac Game! You may only post in this thread if you have received a role PM.]

“Dude, turn that shit up! I’m getting pumped!”

“Hell yeah. Whole world’s ‘bout to rain down all right.”

“Come on, drop the cargo. Let’s destroy those Commie bastards!”

The bomb rested in the cramped compartment, waiting like a taut rubber band to release its powerful energy. Slowly and methodically, the chambers rotated to let loose their cargo one at a time. Then, after a brief pause, the floor swung open, dropping the bomb into the air.

It swirled in formation with its brethren through the evening smog. The moon cast its light across the bomb’s sleek metal surface, making it a comet in the February sky.

The people down below looked like ants. They crawled from street to street and from stall to stall. A sea of colorful faces formed up in front of the festival stage, seeming so insignificant and fragile in the wake of the steel surrounding them.

The bomb saw the occasional flash of light below as the city’s residents celebrated with fireworks. It wished only that it could create a burst of light as beautiful as that. It wanted to throw light and sparkles into the air with enough force to raze an entire city block.

Closer and closer, it broke through the center of a blossoming firework. It passed the tip of the tallest skyscraper and watched as buildings sprouted from the earth around it.

The jet was far away now, only a distant whine fading over the horizon, but approaching faster was the hard ground that would break the bomb’s fragile shell.

Somewhere, two figures were watching the show. Two figures stood proudly on the stage. A couple enjoyed a lovely evening together. One person danced across the floor, and another danced down the street. A haunting melody drifted out of a run-down house.

Beneath the bomb, a family stood at a food stall. The bomb could see them smiling and laughing could make out every thread on their flammable clothes. The father glanced up at the fireworks for just a moment. He saw light glinting off a gray orb in the sky, and his face broke into abject terror.

“Everybody, get down!”

The bomb knew a beautiful blossom of crimson would fill the street—

----------------------------------------------

Spoiler: Cast of Characters
[鼠] - Rat: KamiPanda as Sun Taikong
[牛] - Ox: JesusMonroe as General Mao
[虎] - Tiger: Hanzo Shimada as Dr. Amandi Uwem
[兔] - Rabbit: Pierre as Zhang Juanli
[龙] - Dragon: NIKI_4829 as Zhang Sunny
[蛇] - Snake: Planetbox as Yin
[马] - Horse: Datamatt as Lucian Mei
[羊] - Sheep: Joker as Zhang Suyin
[猴] - Monkey: DootDootDoot as Kwon Amethyst
[鸡] - Rooster: Kachu as Hiroyuki Fujisaki
[狗] - Dog: Doctor Nanjo as Patient X
[猪] - Pig: Southern Corn as Black Monk
[猫] - Cat: Planetbox as Yang

Spoiler: Helpful Links

Spoiler: Flowchart (by Datamatt)

Spoiler: Table of Contents

Spoiler: Chinese to English Dictionary
十二生肖 (shí’èr shēngxiào) — The 12 Zodiacs
鼠 (shǔ) — Rat 牛 (niú) — Ox 虎 (hǔ) — Tiger
兔 (tù) — Rabbit 龙 (lóng) — Dragon 蛇 (shé) — Snake
马 (mǎ) — Horse 羊 (yáng) — Sheep 猴 (hóu) — Monkey
鸡 (jǐ) — Rooster 狗 (gǒu) — Dog 猪 (zhū) — Pig

五行 (wǔxing) — The 5 Elements
水 (shuǐ) — Water 木 (mù) — Wood 火 (huǒ) — Fire
土 (tǔ) — Earth 金 (jīn) — Metal

颜色 (yán sè) — Colors
红色 (hóng sè) — Red 橙色 (chéng sè) — Orange 黄色 (huáng sè) — Yellow
绿色 (lù sè) — Green 蓝色 (lán sè) — Blue 紫色 (zǐ sè) — Purple
黑色 (hēi sè) — Black 白色 (bái sè) — White 棕色/咖啡色 (zōng se/kā fēi sè) — Brown

数字 (shuzi) — Numbers
零 (líng) — Zero
一 (yī) — One 二 (èr) — Two 三 (sān) — Three
四 (sì) — Four 五 (wǔ) — Five 六 (liù) — Six
七 (qī) — Seven 八 (bā) — Eight 九 (jiǔ) — Nine
十 (shí) — Ten 十一 (shí yī) — Eleven 十二 (shí’èr) — Twelve
百 (bǎi) — Hundred 千 (qiān) — Thousand 万 (wàn) — Ten Thousand

世界各地 (shìjiè gèdì) — Around the World
中国 (zhōng guó) — China 北京 (běi jing) — Beijing
美国 (měi guó) — The U.S.A.

新年 (xīnnián) — New Year 新年快乐 (xīnnián kuàilè) — Happy New Year!
春节 (chūnjié) — Spring Festival

Spoiler: Secret Files (collect them all!)

Timelines Complete: 7
(Graphic by NIKI_4829)

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:55 am, edited 66 times in total.
Re: (NGX) The Zodiac Game: Fortune's Favored FeastTopic%20Title

ASCEND

The vague scent of smoke lingers in the air.

You slowly wake up. Faint memories float through your head like ash—memories of bombs falling like bolts from heaven and a golden cat mask shining brightly through the blaze.

You feel the rock-hard bed beneath you. On your arm is a cold metal bracelet giving off a faint red light. As you stand, you see the brick wall behind you and the thick iron bars surrounding you—an individual prison cell, filled with odd knick-knacks.

You step to the front of the cell and peer through the bars. There are twelve cells in the room—six on opposite sides—with a corridor running between them. Each cell contains another person staring about the room in confusion and fear, except for two which remain mysteriously empty.

Who were these people? Why were you all here? And how would you get out?

It was going to be a most unfortunate year.

[This is an introduction phase. Each of you may post three times; once every player in the room has introduced themself, you may post as much as you want.]
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

A middle-aged Chinese woman with prim dark hair adorned with floral hairpins wearing an elegant (albeit dusty) purple cheongsam dress stepped up to the edge of the prison. She placed her hands on the bars, feeling them for their durability but finding them disappointingly sturdy. She took one quick look around her cell as a chilling realisation set in around her. She spun back around and pressed her face against the bars, looking around the other cells desperately searching.

"Sunny? Honey, are you there?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Clang clang clang! "Hey!" Clang clang clang! "Heey!" The girl with the purple streak in her hair kept clanging her bracelet against the bars, yelling and making a racket, presumably trying to get the attention of a captor but really only succeeding in annoying her fellow captives. "If this is the Chinese army, you gotta let me out! If this is the US army, I'm willing to cooperate! I'm not a soldier anyways, you can't keep me as prisoner of war! Heeeey!"

Clang clang clang! Someone observant watching this scene might've been able to make out the character on her bracelet: [猴] (hou), Monkey.

Clang clang clang!

Sleeping is my life.

"I don't know who you're looking for, and frankly, I don't care."

A dark-skinned man called out from his cell. He's wearing a lab coat over a nice dress shirt and pants, and shoes. People would say that he looks pretty neat... except the right half of the man's body is distorted. The man seems to have a cane, which he was holding onto with his left hand. He smacks the cane against the bars to test to see if they're solid. If anyone was paying attention, they'd notice that the man seems to be using his left side more than his right side, which might suggests that he is probably paralyzed in the right side.

"Hell, why did this have to happen?" The man said as he looks around his cell.

No other way than to make this mistake.

The clanking definitely obtains a reaction as a groan is heard.

"Who the fuck is doing that? Stop!", a clearly feminine voice reprises from one of the cells.

Turning towards it, one would notice an evidently western-looking woman slumped on the cell's iron bars, dressed in Chinese army combat fatigues and black jackboots, whose left sleeve is adorned by a medical armband. Their hair is brown, no longer than shoulder-length and evidently unkempt and messy. A rather large medical bag sits by their left foot. The medic simply glares towards the purple-streaked girl with evidently sunken and fatigued eyes. "You're fucking bothering me," she adds, shifting a bit in her slump with half-lidded eyes, as if to be more comfortable.

Shy guy

"Oh no... No no no no, this can't be happening!" a male voice rang out. He began pacing around his cell. Those opposite him could see he was a mostly-unremarkable-looking Chinese soldier, though he didn't appear to be holding up under the pressure of the situation very well. "First we get... they dropped a fucking bomb right on us...! and now this?" He suddenly lashed out and punched one of the metal bars, which probably hurt quite a lot. "Where's that smiling cat bastard? You've got what you wanted, so stop screwing around and give us your demands!"

"Happy new year."

A woman's cool, even-tempered voice oozes from from deep within one of the cells.

"This is a kidnapping. The motive isn't for extortion, as nobody would take me for collateral. The timing is extremely convenient. Nobody would have taken me randomly or because I was convenient to get. This was planned and executed for a reason other than for extortion or human trafficking. If it's personally motivated, then somebody has made a mistake because I don't know anyone, and yet I can only assume such a mistake was made. There is clearly a personal motivation here."

"The cat is infamously not a member of the zodiac. Perhaps the cat mask is used to symbolize that the cat is taking its revenge on the rest of the zodiac."

For some reason, even though the voice is slick, the pace at which it speaks puts most listeners at unease.

"Dr. Uwem, do I find you well?"

Datamatt wrote:
The clanking definitely obtains a reaction as a groan is heard.

"Who the fuck is doing that? Stop!", a clearly feminine voice reprises from one of the cells.

Turning towards it, one would notice an evidently western-looking woman slumped on the cell's iron bars, dressed in Chinese army combat fatigues and black jackboots, whose left sleeve is adorned by a medical armband. Their hair is brown, no longer than shoulder-length and evidently unkempt and messy. A rather large medical bag sits by their left foot. The medic simply glares towards the purple-streaked girl with evidently sunken and fatigued eyes. "You're fucking bothering me," she adds, shifting a bit in her slump with half-lidded eyes, as if to be more comfortable.

She did, in fact stop her clanging at that, if only to get a better look at the soldiers. "Those are Chinese fatigues... So the americans must've done this. Unless... Are you two deserters?"

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"I don't know who you're looking for, and frankly, I don't care."

A dark-skinned man called out from his cell. He's wearing a lab coat over a nice dress shirt and pants, and shoes. People would say that he looks pretty neat... except the right half of the man's body is distorted. The man seems to have a cane, which he was holding onto with his left hand. He smacks the cane against the bars to test to see if they're solid. If anyone was paying attention, they'd notice that the man seems to be using his left side more than his right side, which might suggests that he is probably paralyzed in the right side.

"Hell, why did this have to happen?" The man said as he looks around his cell.

"... Dr. Uwen? Is that you?"

Shy guy

"The Americans dropped that damn bomb," the soldier answered, punctuating the remark with a clang as he kicked something or other. "But they can't have infiltrated the capital, and the cat mask - did you all see a guy in a cat mask too? - doesn't seem like something those patriots would bother with.

"And no, I'm not a deserter. Nor is she. I know we're not exactly meeting on the best of terms here, but can we try not to antagonise each other? The war's given us enough conflict as-is." He pressed himself up against the bars now, getting a good look at those he could from his cell. Eagle-eyed observers might be able to see the mark on his bracelet: 鼠 (shǔ) — Rat.

Sleeping is my life.

Upon hearing two people call him as Dr. Uwem, the man seems surprised.

"Dear God... Whoever kidnapped me must have kidnapped two of my patients." The man said, shaking his head in debrief. And then he addressed the voice.

"I do find myself to be well, but I can't say if I am hurt or not." The man replied before he looks to the girl with the purple streak.

"And yes, it is indeed me." The man explains before he turns to address the rest of the room.

"I suppose I should introduces myself, seeing as two of us know who I am. I am Doctor Amandi Uwem." The doctor explains. "You can count on me to make sure everyone is in good health. Although, I won't be the only one who will do that..." He turns his attention towards the western-looking medic.

"Isn't that right, Mei?" Dr. Uwem asked.

The medic opens her mouth as if to say something to the girl, before being interrupted by the other soldier. Her seemingly-neutral yet pensive gaze lingers on him for a few seconds, before being snapped back to reality by the other doctor, shaking her head.

"Doctor -- you didn't have to say my name out loud like that, you know that, right?" Mei sighs annoyedly, waving a nonchalant and dismissive hand. "I'm many terrible things but not a fucking deserter, at the very least. What are you even doing here, by the way?" She asks, looking towards the doctor.

"Ugh..." A woman who was lying down on the floor sighed, as she stood up and began to dust herself off. "This is one way to cure a hangover."

She looked out of place, compared to most of the other captives. She wore an elegant, European style ballgown and a black mask, which made it hard to discern her age. She had beautiful black hair, wore a pair of red rose ear rings to match her dress, and had a pearl necklace as well.

Unbecoming of her appearance, she was anything but elegant, as she grabbed the bars of her cell, and began to yell. On her wrist was a bracelet with the character [羊] (yang) - Sheep on it.

"You have some nerve kidnapping me! Don't you know who I am?!" She yelled. "I am a minister of justice! Now let me go, or there'll be hell to pay!"

Sock

Suddenly, the head of a rather intimidating man is pushed up against the bars of his cell. It's hard to tell where he's looking, due to his glasses, but anyone nearby could tell that he's facing one of the cells in the corner. His face was covered with some scars, partially hidden by his eyewear.

Soon after, the head retreats, and the man's right arm comes out from between the bars, seemingly trying to grab something off the wall. When that proves fruitless, the arm retreats, but not before showing off his own bracelet, marked with the sign [鸡] (ji) — Rooster.

Finally, the man approaches the bars of his cell again, letting observers get a good look of him. Dressed in some dark pants, and an eye catching red leather jacket with one of the sleeves missing. It's clear as to why, though, the man only has his right arm. Looking around the other cells a little more, the man finally spoke.

"I am... still new to your language. Forgive me for any misunderstandings. We are all trapped, are we not? Hmm..." Getting a good look on him, and with his accent, it was clear that the man was Japanese.

"Humans cannot get enough of conflict. This war is proof enough of that. Those who keep score always come up with new reasons to settle a new dispute. You'll find that the real conflict is humanity itself. I think I saw these bracelets before. Large metal bracelets with blinking lights, or so I recall. Dog. Seems there are certain connections here, which once again points to the fact that we are an un-random group of people chosen for personal and not political purposes. Most crimes occur between people who know one another. The only person I know here is Dr. Uwem. He's suspicious for that reason. I do not believe he owns a cat mask."

The voice runs like a cold brook through the room. Each time a sentence stops, another pushes past it without time to collect any thoughts. The woman seems to only speak for her own benefit, as she never attempts to make her points more clear.

"Our cells face one another so we can communicate, so our captor must not be bothered that we can talk. There are twelve cells but only ten are filled. There are twelve animals in the zodiac. We all woke up around the same time. Seems we were all captured on the eve of the new year of the rat. One person could not round all of us up at the same time. It would be interesting to hear how long after I was captured that Dr. Uwem was."

"A minister of justice. That's an interesting identity to suppose."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Humans cannot get enough of conflict. This war is proof enough of that. Those who keep score always come up with new reasons to settle a new dispute. You'll find that the real conflict is humanity itself. I think I saw these bracelets before. Large metal bracelets with blinking lights, or so I recall. Dog. Seems there are certain connections here, which once again points to the fact that we are an un-random group of people chosen for personal and not political purposes. Most crimes occur between people who know one another. The only person I know here is Dr. Uwem. He's suspicious for that reason. I do not believe he owns a cat mask."

The voice runs like a cold brook through the room. Each time a sentence stops, another pushes past it without time to collect any thoughts. The woman seems to only speak for her own benefit, as she never attempts to make her points more clear.

"Our cells face one another so we can communicate, so our captor must not be bothered that we can talk. There are twelve cells but only ten are filled. There are twelve animals in the zodiac. We all woke up around the same time. Seems we were all captured on the eve of the new year of the rat. One person could not round all of us up at the same time. It would be interesting to hear how long after I was captured that Dr. Uwem was."

"... What?" the still unnamed girl wasted her last post, with a subtle but still notable Korean accent.

Sleeping is my life.

Dr. Uwem was about to answer Mei's question when the voice suggested that he is suspicious because of the metal bracelets.

"Are you saying that I'm suspicious based on that information?!?" The doctor snaps back as he smacks his cane against the bars. "I have no fucking idea what you're talking about!" He smacks the bars again. He let out a exasperated sigh.

"Anyway, you're right, my dear. I don't own a cat mask. But well... About what happened to me... It was after you left the bunker that I went after you, it took me a agonizing minute to get up the stairs. I found you in my den, but well... You were unconscious, most likely passed out, by the window, and there was someone standing behind you. That someone was wearing the cat mask. And then there was the damn white gas. And that's all I remember before waking up in here." He frowns. "Seriously, what were you thinking? We'll need to talk about it later."

"Right, right. The metal bracelets. I have one of those." Dr. Uwem said as he took a moment to pull back the lab jacket sleeve, not without some struggle. Then he held his left wrist up for the others to see. Indeed, he have a metal bracelet. And there's a Chinese character on the bracelet- [虎] (hu) - Tiger.

Gettin' Old!

The woman in the cheongsam recoiled from the bars as even more outlandish and mysterious individuals yelled from the other bars. She bumped back against the wall and laid her hands upon a familiar and comforting object, her handbag. She clutched it tightly to her chest and quickly rummaged through it for a glimpse of hope. Something caught on her wrist as she rummaged around and she only just realised the heavy metal bracelet on her wrist bearing the symbol [兔] (tü) for Rabbit.

She pulled a small papercraft rabbit out of the bag and held it in trembling hands as tears began to build up in her eyes. She focused and dabbed her eyes her hand pausing briefly on the scarred skin running across her left eye. She brushed her beautiful dress down and straightened up, returning the rabbit to the bag.

There was a familiar voice as she moved across to the bars once more. She swallowed hard and called out "Suyin? Sister? Is that you?" she said meekly, desperate not to antagonise the more colourful characters here.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Last edited by Pierre on Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

Sadness replaced anger as the soldier held Mei's stare. "I'm sorry you got involved in this too. Whatever this is, we'll get through it," he said softly.

He then looked around some more. The rambling deductions from the mysterious Dog piqued his interest. "You're right there, whoever you are. This damn war... I truly believe most people are good at heart, and I hope that goes for us gathered here too. But sometimes all it takes is a few pig-headed individuals and we're suddenly at war. In this case, pig-headed individuals with an agenda that involves us specifically, it would seem..."

He seemed to have calmed down now. Remembering that he had yet to introduce himself, he continued, "Ah, yes, excuse me. My name's Sun Taikong." He gave the best smile he could manage, given the situation. "Let's all get along, shall we? It's our best hope of staying sane through whatever's to come, I'm sure."

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Anyway, you're right, my dear. I don't own a cat mask. But well... About what happened to me... It was after you left the bunker that I went after you, it took me a agonizing minute to get up the stairs. I found you in my den, but well... You were unconscious, most likely passed out, by the window, and there was someone standing behind you. That someone was wearing the cat mask. And then there was the damn white gas. And that's all I remember before waking up in here." He frowns. "Seriously, what were you thinking? We'll need to talk about it later."

Mei responds with a nearly exasperated sigh, finally standing up straight. She harshly rubs her eyes and looks back towards the doctor. "Sure doesn't God-damn seem to have mattered what I did now, does it, because look at all these people I've never fucking seen!" She motions towards the other unfortunate captives with her arm, which allows people to get ahold of the character on her bracelet - [马] (ma), Horse.

Once again her glance falls onto the doctor and then the other soldier as he spoke. The soothing words definitely had some impact, as the glare on her face is replaced by a neutral expression and a slow, unsure nod as she leans back onto the iron bars.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:

"...And just what do you mean by that?" The woman in the dress asked.

Pierre wrote:
There was a familiar voice as she moved across to the bars once more. She swallowed hard and called out "Suyin? Sister? Is that you?" she said meekly, desperate not to antagonise the more colourful characters here.

"Do I know you?" The woman in the dress asked, as she turned her attention to the other woman. "I think you have me confused with someone else."

"It's paramount that we get our last memories precisely right." An older man grumbled in agreement. His voice was hoarse and uneven, still evidently getting his bearings straight with what was going on. "Perhaps together we could find the gweilo behind this."

He was tall for a Chinese man and bore an expression stern and unwavering. He was wearing a military uniform decorated more fervently than a Christmas tree-medals of all varieties and generations adorned his jacket. His bracelet followed the pattern of the others [牛] (niu) for the Ox--appropriate given his grizzled features and stature compared to the others. "Seems like we have ourselves a right good crew here and have identified our enemies--the Americans." He added with obvious disdain.

He seemed to be bothered by something else, but had nothing else to add.

Happy Maria

"Oh? What is this? Where on earth are we, pray tell?"

A man stepped out from the darkness. To call him shady would have been an understatement. He stood tall, cloaked in black with a broad brimmed hat to match. It could have been dark-grey too, but the darkness of the cell combined with the sheer amount of dust covering it made it quite hard to tell. His hair seemed long and grown out on all ends, looking like a total unkempt mess. And his face, pale as it was, was even more wretched looking than his clothing. Not just because of how dirty it was, but it seemed absolutely covered in scars.

Overall? He looked like a dangerous, rotten vagrant. Judging from his pale skin and his accent from when he spoke, he appeared to be American too. You couldn't have appeared more untrustworthy if you tried.

The man didn't seem to care though. He gave a smile, putting a cigarette in his mouth. He seemed strangely relaxed for the situation he was put in. He stayed silent for a while, taking in the conversation around him.

He raised an eyebrow hearing Sun Taikong spoke. After he finished speaking, he cleared his throat.

"I would prefer you do not throw the word "pig" around so much, my friend", He said, rolling up his sleeves for everyone to see. Sure enough, on his wrist was another bracelet- this one with the symbol [猪] (zhu)- the Chinese character for Pig. "I seem to have been labeled a swine by whoever our captor is", he drily remarked. "How unfortunate, I do not seem to recall what I have done to deserve any of this."

He spoke with a relaxed, almost casual air. Even though he was clearly foreign, he spoke the language with a surprising amount of fluency. If it weren't for how obviously shady he looked, he might have sounded almost charismatic to the others. What on earth was he doing packed with the rest of this group?

ASCEND

As the shady man’s voice fell silent, the group realized that everyone had spoken. They turned to the two empty cells lined up next to each other. Based on their position, they should have contained people with Dragon and Snake bracelets. But they lay filled only with dusty furniture, as if only its owner’s ghosts remained.

[You may now post as often as you like. Phase change will be later today, once I get some things ready. Enjoy the game!]

Shy guy

Sun Taikong winced at Pig's words. "You're right, sorry about that. I'm kinda freaking out a little here, if you couldn't tell. If I say anything bad, don't take it personally."

He then turned to the old, decorated soldier and gave a sharp salute. "With you here, sir, we should be able to handle whatever they can throw at us. If I might, though, sir, we shouldn't jump to conclusions about our enemy just yet. This is all very unconventional."

Sleeping is my life.

"Hmm... I believe that our general is right that we should get our last memories straighten out." Dr. Uwem nods in agreement.

"Like I said before. My last memories were correct, I'm certain of it. I was with the Dog lady up until she left my bunker and you know the rest." The doctor explains as he approaches the cell bars.

"I honestly can't think of any reason why someone would bring me here. The same can be said for some of my patients." Dr. Uwem said, as he looks to be raking his memories for anything important.

The still unnamed girl, who'd finally given up on beating her wrist against the bars, sat down on the floor next to them and fidgeted with an mp3 player. "... This is weird, isn't it? I don't think they took anything from me, there's these weird bracelets, and there's not even a guard here. Is this how Americans deal with prisoners of war?"

KamiPanda wrote:
Sun Taikong winced at Pig's words. "You're right, sorry about that. I'm kinda freaking out a little here, if you couldn't tell. If I say anything bad, don't take it personally."

He then turned to the old, decorated soldier and gave a sharp salute. "With you here, sir, we should be able to handle whatever they can throw at us. If I might, though, sir, we shouldn't jump to conclusions about our enemy just yet. This is all very unconventional."

"Ass kisser..." she grumbled, though she probably used some Chinese term equivalent to ass kisser.

Sock

“We should watch what we say.” The intimidating man nodded. “I think. We do not know who is listening, aside from each other.”

Joker wrote:
"...And just what do you mean by that?" The woman in the dress asked.

"Humans can never agree on justice and yet humans continue to use it as a means to resolve conflict. You are an authority on the matter. That sounds fortunate, especially in a crisis," the woman says with reckless disrespect.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Seems like we have ourselves a right good crew here and have identified our enemies--the Americans." He added with obvious disdain.

"There is no American who holds interest in me. I was deliberately captured. Once again humans look to war for an explanation."

The woman props herself off her bed and creeps over to the bars. Long, black, velvety hair hangs all around the woman's head, stopping at the middle of her chest. A dark woolen coat is wrapped high around her neck all the way down by her knees. Down the front, are large fasteners keep the coat shrouded around her form. Under her coat is the artificial blue color of hospital scrubs. Her legs and arms are covered in bandages and wraps at odd intervals, as if she sustained large injuries all over her body. Between the yellowed bandages are glimpses of heavenly pale skin without any blemishes. Perhaps if there are blemishes, they are hidden under the bandages.

She reaches up and brushes the hair out of her face with a bandaged arm. At this time the others catch a glimpse of her face. Her mouth is curled up subtly on one corner with a hint of interest and amusement. Her eyebrows raise but her eyes cannot be seen. In the way is a large bandage wrapping both her eyes. Whatever happened to her must have also heavily affected her face. She holds up her arm, showing the [狗]. Some strands of velvety hair land back in her face.

Mei grumbles at the sight of the decorated man. "Great. Just gets fucking worse every minute." She complains aloud, running her hands through her hair, shooting a few glances towards her bag. She shakes it off soon after.

"Why the fuck would they take most of you as prisoners, anyway? Specifically, you." The medic lifts her chin towards the headphones girl.

KamiPanda wrote:

The man grimaced briefly at the insubordination, then seemed to relax as he realized the man was right. And he of course returned a quick salute back.

"You may be right, Private." He grumbled. "We shouldn't jump to any conclusions about the enemy. Our greatest strength is in our numbers and cooperation. So let's hear it, squids!" He dramatically announced, hoping to spark spirit into his new allies.

"I was in Beijing for a New Year's ceremony. A right disaster it was. American planes began bombing us right where we stood--horrors that I spent my blood and soul to keep on the battlefield now at the homes of our wives and children. Disgusting." He spat. "Anyway, when the noise had calmed down I found myself in a parking lot, looking for bodies among the wreckage. And yet one of the cars must've escaped my sight, as I heard a door open and our cat friend stepped out. Even said, 'happy new year'--cheeky bastard."

Datamatt wrote:
Mei grumbles at the sight of the decorated man. "Great. Just gets fucking worse every minute." She complains aloud, running her hands through her hair, shooting a few glances towards her bag. She shakes it off soon after.

"Why the fuck would they take most of you as prisoners, anyway? Specifically, you." The medic lifts her chin towards the headphones girl.

"... Well, if you're with the army, I guess you'd know Kwon Wonseog?" she asked, throwing a few shifty looks at the other soldiers. "I'm... Kwon Amethyst. His sister."

Kachu wrote:
“We should watch what we say.” The intimidating man nodded. “I think. We do not know who is listening, aside from each other.”

The woman in red looks up and down at the man and smiles to herself.

"He has a point." She said. "Although if we were all kidnapped, I'm sure our captors know who we are. Still, it doesn't hurt to be on the safe side."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Humans can never agree on justice and yet humans continue to use it as a means to resolve conflict. You are an authority on the matter. That sounds fortunate, especially in a crisis," the woman says with reckless disrespect.

Her smile quickly turned into a frown as she once again faced the other woman. "Hmph. With a mouth like that it's no surprise you're all bandaged up. You must've made quiet a few enemies. You better watch your tongue or you'll make another one."

Shy guy

Sun Taikong tried to ignore the headphones-wearing girl's ass-licker comment. "The Rooster is right. Oh, and sorry for having to address some of you this way, I don't know all of your names yet and this is a convenient placeholder. While our captor, or captors, clearly know who we all are, that doesn't mean they know everything about us. They might even want us to break down under the pressure and reveal state secrets to them.

"We should be fine going over what happened before we were captured, though. Whoever brought us here is already aware of what we were up to, so it's probably in our interests to try and piece this strange story together."

He nodded after the older soldier's explanation. "I was at that same ceremony, on the stage. I was due for a medal for my services, but then... Well, you heard." He became silent for an extended period, but he'd pulled back from the bars so no-one could see his expression. He suddenly spoke up again to finish. "As I tried to get my bearings, the cat gassed me unconscious. Said 'happy new year' to me too. Fucker."

DootDootDoot wrote:
Datamatt wrote:

"... Well, if you're with the army, I guess you'd know Kwon Wonseog?" she asked, throwing a few shifty looks at the other soldiers. "I'm... Kwon Amethyst. His sister."

"I see, yes. I thought you looked familiar." The man nodded. "I'm Shangjiang (General) Mao. Private Kwon served under me..."

He sighed, realizing there was no point in keeping the cards he had close to his chest. "Kwon was supposed to attend the New Year's celebration but never showed. As Private Sun said, he was there. But I had lost him at some point during the bombing." He eyed the private with an ambiguous look somewhere between suspicion and concern.

Sleeping is my life.

"Oh yes, the cat bastard said happy new year to me as well." Dr. Uwem said, just having remembered something cruical. "I think it's plausible that there are more than one kidnapper... Either that or we were kidnapped at different times."

"If there was a year of the cat, it would be after the year of the pig and before the year of the rat," the woman in bandages says, leaning the top of her head on the bars.

Joker wrote:
Her smile quickly turned into a frown as she once again faced the other woman. "Hmph. With a mouth like that it's no surprise you're all bandaged up. You must've made quiet a few enemies. You better watch your tongue or you'll make another one."

"It was a bomb, or so I'm told. It is beyond my influence. It is within your influence to hurt me if you desire," the bandaged woman doesn't take any regard or tact in her response.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"I see, yes. I thought you looked familiar." The man nodded. "I'm Shangjiang (General) Mao. Private Kwon served under me..."

He sighed, realizing there was no point in keeping the cards he had close to his chest. "Kwon was supposed to attend the New Year's celebration but never showed. As Private Sun said, he was there. But I had lost him at some point during the bombing." He eyed the private with an ambiguous look somewhere between suspicion and concern.

"I see. I can't say I know for sure, but he probably just didn't want to go." she shrugged.

"I got taken after the bombing too. Right after it, actually, a guy with a cat mask just showed up on the middle of the street and gassed me. Said happy new year, too..."

Sock

Joker wrote:
The woman in red looks up and down at the man and smiles to herself.

"He has a point." She said. "Although if we were all kidnapped, I'm sure our captors know who we are. Still, it doesn't hurt to be on the safe side."

"There is a difference between... who we are, and what we know." The man almost stared the woman down, though it was hard to tell where he was looking with his sunglasses.

KamiPanda wrote:
Sun Taikong tried to ignore the headphones-wearing girl's ass-licker comment. "The Rooster is right. Oh, and sorry for having to address some of you this way, I don't know all of your names yet and this is a convenient placeholder. While our captor, or captors, clearly know who we all are, that doesn't mean they know everything about us. They might even want us to break down under the pressure and reveal state secrets to them."

"Rooster is fine." The man nodded. "If it is easier, you can call me Fujisaki."

Shy guy

JesusMonroe wrote:

"Sorry, sir. I was very... disoriented, after the bombing," Sun Taikong explained. That was probably an understatement.
Page 1 of 56 [ 2230 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus