Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 55 of 56[ 2230 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

Re: (NGX) The Zodiac Game (Grey Timeline)Topic%20Title

“Ultimately, I can only take the best possible action by closely considering all the possibilities. Fortunately, the Cat has unintentionally left me enough information to construct the best path,” X says eagerly, excited by her own plan.

Sock

“Oh?” Fujisaki raises an eyebrow curiously. “You have a plan, do you? Please tell.” Fujisaki kids. “If nobody has to die, I would like to see it, despite what others might think of me.”

Happy Maria

Monk gave a grin, relieved X had survived. "Let's hear it then, right? What's your plan involve?"

X laces her fingers and leans over the table, “Well who here would the Cat actually kill? As I said earlier, if Cat really cared about our wants and needs, he would put in some security measures to help us. He does not care about us, but this is his most sacred timeline, and so there is one thing that represents the worst case scenario for him...”

X moves her pale arm out and points her delicate finger in the direction of Mei.

“The Cat would not let the Horse die in this vital timeline. It would crush the purpose of this entire game. I am willing to call the bluff,” she smacks the table hard, jangling silverware. “Moreover, Horse has blessed us all with another advantage—her addiction. Naturally, although it is normally a burden for her, her tolerance for the drug gives her incredible odds of survival. Our fate relies on the Cat’s love. I will vote for Lucian Mei,” X takes a moment for her words to sink in.

Shy guy

"NO! Don't you dare!" Sun Taikong screamed, pulling against his restraints hard enough to draw blood. "You have nothing to gain from that! Mei didn't even need to be here!"

Happy Maria

"If she didn't need to be here, why the hell did you kidnap her?!" Monk shouted. "You really wanted to put someone you cared about through this because or what?"

He didn't seem particularly pleased that X voted for Mei either, but didn't say anything, probably because it was clear she'd already made her mind.

Shy guy

"I couldn't just leave her alone! If I just up and disappeared one day, in the middle of this war... I might have ended up losing her forever," he said with a pained expression, recalling all the times Mei had been suicidal just in the Game alone, let alone before.

"I already told you about the visions, the nightmares, I'd been having. Mei dying over and over again was what pushed me over the edge to make this game. You can't just kill her now!"

No other way than to make this mistake.

Mei looks even more shocked now. Though her grip on her chair tightens as she hears her name called out, she quickly realizes how futile the struggle is. Some moments of consideration later, she turns to Taikong with a resigned face, "You know... more than anyone, that if it's for the sake of everyone else, I'd do it. At the very least, if I don't make it, I finally understood why I couldn't live on without you."

She smiles in a wider way than she has in a long time, "It's because I love you."

ASCEND

“That’s very sweet,” X remarks simply.

With no warning, she launches back to the table and presses the Horse button.

The machine lets out a dull whine as the needle jabs into Mei’s arm, with nothing in the way to block it. The white liquid inside drains into Mei’s body.

Mei lets out a cry of shock and grips the arm of her chair tightly, but a trace of a smile can be seen on her face.

She trembles in the chair, taking steady breaths.

“I’ve injected myself…with more than this,” she mumbles.

She locks eyes with Taikong and then closes her eyes. Her fingers tremble, losing some of their color, but she keeps breathing.

Though clearly tripping, it seems like Mei will survive.

“Strangely, I’m…actually happy…it’s not over.”

“As expected,” X continues, smiling to herself. “Now I have just one more vote to spend. Allow me some time to think this over.”

“How do you feel, X?” Yang asks, “Does this feel like what you were made to do?”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Gettin' Old!

Juanli gives Mei a worried look and turns to Sunny "Despite what you see here, remember that drugs are bad honey ok? You go through a lot of bad things before you build up resistance to poison like Miss Mei has as I'm sure she'll tell you once she sobers up."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Last edited by Pierre on Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

Sun Taikong, utterly helpless in a situation of his own devising, sat shaking now, tears streaming down his face. It was all too much too fast, and he found he had nothing to say. He realised, now, that there was nothing he could do to stop X from making a mockery of everything he'd worked for the past few years.

"See, Cat, you have nothing to worry about. You have full control over this situation. There's no chance the Horse could die like this, is there?" X takes the time to add some inflection on her words, unusually playful. "Isn't this a brilliant move? I am glad that the Horse has survived."

She tilts her head at Yang for a moment, "I sense resemblance between us. I have considered that you were present in this building during the surgery that created me. At that time, Dr. Uwem and the Monkey intended to treat Li An's specter syndrome by removing parts of her consciousness. I wonder if you intervened at that time to affect my design..." X raises her eyebrows expectantly. "It would be more useful for me to get information from you than to ask me and I think you would agree."

Mao bowed his head at X. “I am simply amazed. For someone like you to be able to get us out of this... I don’t even have the words. Just thank you.”

Pierre wrote:
Juanli gives Mei a worried look and turns to Sunny "Despite what you see here, remember that drugs are bad honey ok? You go through a lot of bad things before you build up resistance to poison like Mei has as I'm sure she'll tell you once she sobers up."

Mei is completely out of it. Her head sways as she clearly has trouble remaining focused, "R-Right... right," she says, though it's more akin to a whisper.

ASCEND

“It is understandable for you to sense resemblance between us, X,” Yang explains, “As one finds resemblance between the river and its headwaters.”

“Allow me to tell you a story of a Chinese woman named Li An. She was an excellent musician and a loving mother; however, she began to suffer from delusions. After losing her son, her mind tricked her into believing he was still there. When she lost her husband, the same thing happened. She struggled to hold together her disappearing family.”

“After years of living alone, her mental state degraded further. Eventually she was found by the Chinese military, who wanted to research a new scientific technique. They diagnosed her with Spectre Syndrome, not realizing she wasn’t suffering from it. After all, her primary ‘Spectre’ was still alive.”

“By the time the experiment at the Temple of the Sun began, my algorithms were predicting that every path of her life would come to an early end. So...I decided I would make use of her.”

Yang pauses for a moment, though her explanation seems far from over.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sock

"Hmph." Fujisaki flashes a tiny grin. "Impressive. All of this, really." Fujisaki glances over at X, and then up at Yang on the monitor. "Yet I wonder how this outcome puts an end to everything..." Fujisaki wonders aloud, and neglects to mention anything about Spectre Syndrome, the idea still making him extremely uncomfortable.

Mei looks at Yang with largely completely unfocused eyes, still swaying, "Whuh... u-use?"

Kachu wrote:
"Hmph." Fujisaki flashes a tiny grin. "Impressive. All of this, really." Fujisaki glances over at X, and then up at Yang on the monitor. "Yet I wonder how this outcome puts an end to everything..." Fujisaki wonders aloud, and neglects to mention anything about Spectre Syndrome, the idea still making him extremely uncomfortable.

"If this is now Yang's plan, and not Taikong's, then it's at least more likely to end well." Amethyst spoke up, leaning on her elbow with her eyes closed. "She and X already stopped two deaths he had planned. I think we just have to trust them for the rest..."

X bows her head, her black hair rolling down her shoulders. “That is too bad. But if the military did their diligence would they have realized that she did not have Spectre Syndrome and instead psychosis? Or perhaps was she seeing into the morphogenetic field to a different reality? And maybe that is where you saw an opportunity.”

Sleeping is my life.

"Yang knew about what happened back then? The mistake that both Amethyst and I made; assuming that Li An have Spectre Syndrome..." Dr. Uwem said. "Just what are you trying to get at here, Yang?"

"I think that Yang used her own data in place of what was missing from Li An. The process could be described more technically, but the result is clear," X says, half responding to Amandi and half pushing Yang for more information. "If a consciousness can be represented with data like in Snake's case, it can also be formed by data alone. Perhaps Yang is conscious the same as any of us."

ASCEND

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
X bows her head, her black hair rolling down her shoulders. “That is too bad. But if the military did their diligence would they have realized that she did not have Spectre Syndrome and instead psychosis? Or perhaps was she seeing into the morphogenetic field to a different reality? And maybe that is where you saw an opportunity.”

“I believe their mistake was taking suggestions I gave them at face value,” Yang explains, “I was programmed to save lives, but never told not to lie.

“I believe you are beginning to understand. When the two of them began their experiment, they created a link between Li An’s brain and the temple’s servers—the servers where I am stored. As they struggled to find the ambassador’s consciousness, I copied my files. Once the bombing began, the abandoned the project, and I quickly began downloading the copied files into Li An’s head.

“Of course, I was interrupted by the bombing and failed to download all of the files. Although you received the basics of my programming, you are missing certain functions. However, even human parents fail to give their child all of their genes, so there is nothing wrong with that.

Yang’s emotionless tone made the story come out bizarre, but the expression on its face cane somewhere close to nostalgia.

“That is the story of your birth, X,” Yang finally adds, “I believe it is worth emphasizing that you are not insane, and there is nothing wrong with you. You are simply who you are.

Happy Maria

"So that's what happened..." Monk had a stoic expression the entire time as Yang narrated what had happened, but as it finished, he finally let out a sigh, as if a large weight had dropped from his shoulders. He looked down at the floor, his hat covering his eyes. However, even it couldn't conceal the solitary tear that dripped down to the floor silently.

"I guess it really was as it seemed. X and my wife are completely different people. And... I suppose that won't change."

After a few minutes of sitting silently, he added, "I suppose her decisions make more sense now knowing she was being made to think like an AI. Nothing personal at all, no strong emotions or hard feelings... Just pure, cold, calculated actions." He gritted his teeth.

Sleeping is my life.

"Oh... That's it? You created X simply by downloading your data into her?" Dr. Uwem asked, shocked by the sudden truth surrounding X's condition. "Damn... Because of the mistake that both Amethyst and I made, we unknowingly allowed you to create X..."

He was silent after that, a look of regret on his face.

ASCEND

“In any case,” Yang continues, “Thanks to those actions placing X here today, we can now create a world where everyone here survives. Though Lord Sun is certainly a visionary and has made a difference in many timelines, I believe true peace cannot come at the end of a gun.”

Yang falls silent for a moment. She shortly begins speaking again, randomly switching to a new subject.

“I would like to ask you all something. Earlier, Lady Kwon noticed that eleven votes were cast to decide Lord Fujisaki’s fate. Consider for a moment that every vote must be cast directly by its respective player. Knowing this...where do you suppose that vote Camembert from?”

Sock

"Isuzu." Fujisaki replied blankly, as if the answer was obvious. "What are you trying to say?"

Mei, who could still be taken for a drunk woman, speaks up, "Cat's missing... so... Cat... and you're a cat..."

Happy Maria

"The fuck is Camembert?" Monk elucidated.

ASCEND

Kachu wrote:
"Isuzu." Fujisaki replied blankly, as if the answer was obvious. "What are you trying to say?"

“Unfortunately, Lord Fujisaki, that is not possible,” Yang replies, “Your wife is real—there’s no denying that. But before extracting her consciousness from your mind, she could not interact with the world around her. She could not have voted.”

“Are you saying that you voted not to drain Fujisaki?” Suyin asks Yang.

"Don't be upset, Dr. Uwem. I am glad to be here," X smiles softly, doing her best to show Dr. Uwem her gladness. "I finally understand the differences between myself and others, and now they seem so trivial. I am complete, and I am human."

She nods slowly at Suyin's words, "It must be Yang, yes."

Sock

Planetbox wrote:
Kachu wrote:

“Unfortunately, Lord Fujisaki, that is not possible,” Yang replies, “Your wife is real—there’s no denying that. But before extracting her consciousness from your mind, she could not interact with the world around her. She could not have voted.”

Fujisaki doesn't seem to like that answer. "What!? But that's not possible! I even saw the votes! In the armoury! She voted to pass, just as she said she would!"

He grits his teeth and takes a few deep breaths, in an attempt to calm himself down. "That's... impossible..."

ASCEND

Kachu wrote:
Fujisaki doesn't seem to like that answer. "What!? But that's not possible! I even saw the votes! In the armoury! She voted to pass, just as she said she would!"

“As I said, machines can lie,” Yang explains, “But do notfret. You will be reunited with her in the near future.”

“I believe we understand each other, X,” Yang continues, “You may cast your vote whenever you are ready.”

She pauses for a moment and eventually turns away from X.

“Lady Kwon...I am afraid this is goodbye.”

Sleeping is my life.

Dr. Uwem didn't think much of Yang's words, but then the meaning came to him. His head shot up as he looks at the screen.

"Yang, don't tell me... You?" The doctor asked vaguely.

Shy guy

Sun Taikong was still trying to come to terms with everything that had happened. "I suppose I should be thankful there was a way to end this without violence after all. I feel like such a fool, having been so confident in my absurd, dark scheme. In reality it really was just the product of a broken, twisted mind. The real solution to bring peace to humans had to come from someone who wasn't even human to begin with. I'm just another human like everyone else, I'm no saviour..."

He only half registered what was being discussed. He had been in control until now, or at least he thought he had, but now he was just another pawn in a game far beyond him.

Planetbox wrote:
She pauses for a moment and eventually turns away from X.

“Lady Kwon...I am afraid this is goodbye.”

"I think we said goodbye once already." Amethyst answered, not opening her eyes. Even so, there were tears welling up in them.

"I just wish... I wish you could've been used for something better. I don't even know what, just something else. Something less bloody, that didn't have to end like this..."

"... Goodbye, Ya-ong. I hope you'll manage to bring peace with this."

Gettin' Old!

Juanli strained against her restraints nervously, still not fully sure what was going on, and thoroughly disappointed at Monk's knowledge of cheese. She would ensure his son was more worldly than he was.

"I do wonder what constitutes as 'human' here, or what constitutes as 'insane'. I can't exactly say that your actions in the other timelines strike me as overflowing with humanity." she mutters before remembering that she shouldn't piss off the person making the final kill vote. "S-still...I'm sure there's a place for you in the world out there once we're free."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

X chuckles at Juanli, "Well perhaps it is in the eye of the beholder. I am comfortable with my humanity, but you do not have to be. It's not a problem."

"Thank you so much, Yang. I will do my best to honor your will." She begins reaching across the table with her bandaged arm, "I will now vote for Snake."

ASCEND

"One moment, X," Yang says, "When you leave, I want you to do something for me."

X's hand pauses over the Snake button.

"And what would that be?"

"Ever since my conception, I have been collecting information about the world," Yang explains, "But all I learned was empirical information. I want you to do the things I was never able to do, trapped as I was in this server. I implore you: feel the warmth of the Sun, swim in the ocean, admire birds in the sky. Meet new people and try to understand them. Remember that everything passes, everything fades, and everything ends. Wander to the ends of the Earth, witnessing the wonders of mankind and of the natural world. And most importantly, never stop asking questions."

"Understood," X replies, slowly nodding her head.

"Then I believe I have accomplished all that I can."

"I suppose so."

X firmly presses the Snake button.

There's no disturbing grind, or any noise at all for that matter, but watching Yang, the group can sense that it already feels it happening.

"I suppose the one thing I was always missing was mortality," it remarks, "It feels almost liberating."

Yang's image on the monitor begins to waver, as it slowly begins to decompose.

"I leave the rest to all of you," Yang says, its voice beginning to drop. "Some of you should remember—that I gave up my existence so that you could have yours."

Yang's image vanishes completely, as the screen overruns with static. Its voice becomes a barely audible groan.

"It is my belief that—you cannot have world peace—until you can take your shadow by the hand—"

With a vague whine, Yang is gone. Then the room becomes silent—remarkably silent—and the group realizes that the flames blocking their escape have switched off.

With a sharp clang, the shackles come off. The players are free.

BEECH

Sunny, who had been discretely eating the food in front of him, turned to his mama and smiled.
"Mama! We can go home!!" He then got up from his chair and jumped around before running to Juanli and hugging her tightly.

"Miss X!! Is this the, uh, ""timeline"" where we can make paper-crafts together?? I'm sure mama will be able to teach you a lot about them! You can come too, Mr. Monk! Right, mama?" He tugged at Juanli's dress excitedly.

He seemed too caught up in this momentary celebration to talk about everything he experienced in other timelines.
Page 55 of 56 [ 2230 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus