Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 18 of 21[ 818 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Re: Ghost Fables ~ Living Thread Chapter 3Topic%20Title

"No, no... I'm thinking about this all wrong." Ingrid seemed to have reached some conclusion, judging from her smile. "Two killers is still a possibility. This means you may not have killed Mia, but you're in line with whoever did..."

"Jolina. Give me that gun for a moment."

DootDootDoot wrote:
"No, no... I'm thinking about this all wrong." Ingrid seemed to have reached some conclusion, judging from her smile. "Two killers is still a possibility. This means you may not have killed Mia, but you're in line with whoever did..."

"Why?" Jolina asks as she takes a few steps back from Ingrid. "If you want this man shot I must recommend not doing that for the time being."

DootDootDoot wrote:

"Wooooah, hold on a second," Angelo said, holding his hands up. "I didn't kill anyone, honest."

Not suspicious!

Shy guy

Verrier looked pretty indignant about being grabbed by the mouth, but his reaction was tempered by Ingrid's unnerving behaviour. He flicked his fan open to cool himself off, possibly out of habit with no Albrecht around to tend to instead. Then he said, "You're saying Gideon invited you? Don't be ridiculous. The man's been dead 2 years, you can't have received an invitation from a dead man." For the moment he chose to ignore all the evidence to the contrary, what with Agnes apparently getting a card from Gideon's ghost.

"Hmm...has it already been two years? Then... I guess he invited me two years ago. Is there a problem with that?"

He didn't know anything about a ghost Gideon, apparently.

Sock

“How do you know Father?” Agnes asked, staring the new suspicious man down.

“Keep it simple and brief. Don’t ask any questions. You’re fortunate we cannot contact the police at the moment, but we have means of restraining you if needed.”

Shy guy

Verrier was silent for a few moments, before snapping the fan shut audibly. "I was thinking this before, but... Are you... saying you've been living in that bunker for 2 years?" he asked incredulously, pointing the fan at Angelo.

Kachu wrote:
“How do you know Father?” Agnes asked, staring the new suspicious man down.

“Keep it simple and brief. Don’t ask any questions. You’re fortunate we cannot contact the police at the moment, but we have means of restraining you if needed.”

"...Mmm, did you know any of your father's friends?" Angelo asked, defiantly answering her question with a question. "I suppose that's what you'd call us...we worked together for awhile."

Angelo walked over to Agnes. "Do you enjoy your father's mysteries? I know I did. Maybe I was...an asset for him. Someone who gave him some funny ideas, you know?"

KamiPanda wrote:
Verrier was silent for a few moments, before snapping the fan shut audibly. "I was thinking this before, but... Are you... saying you've been living in that bunker for 2 years?" he asked incredulously, pointing the fan at Angelo.

Angelo paused, thinking about how to answer.

"Yeah, I guess that's what that means, doesn't it? This has been kind of a home to me, you know. For awhile, all I could think about was your father. Stuck here in this place...day after day...but don't worry. I passed the time. Thinking. I wonder how much more I should answer..."

Angelo stared into space, evidently thinking about something.

Sock

“Didn’t I say not to ask questions?” Agnes sighed. “Right. I suppose we’re not getting anywhere with him. Maybe we should just shut the bunker and head back to the mansion...”

Shy guy

"Hang on Agnes, this seems rather important," Verrier said steadily, staring in disbelief at Angelo. "Two years? I suppose you do seem the type to do something so... unconventional," he said politely, "and it raises many questions and concerns, I'm sure. What I'm more interested in for now, though, is what this means for Gideon's own murder... Do you mean to tell me you were in this bunker, which can only be accessed from the guest room Gideon died in, on the very night he died?"

"Hello Angelo," Meta offers, doing her best to hide her weariness at the strange man. "My name is Meta. Gideon and I were friends as well, and I remember him mentioning an Angelo here and there."

"Julia is dead, I regret to inform you. She was a sweet woman, was she not? Perhaps has she been giving you food? I imagine you must have received someone's help, and Julia was trustworthy to Gideon," Meta carefully sidesteps accusing Angelo of anything.

ASCEND

“Hold on, Ingrid’s right,” Fritz said, “The only way out of the guest room was into this room. That can only mean one thing.”

Fritz approached Angelo, raising a fist in the air.

“You killed my son, you bastard!” he shouted.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

Edna paled at the recent turn of events. "If he's been here this long, I'm not sure he can be completely uninvolved with all this... Maybe he's involved with two years ago as well. He had to have been, i-it's the only explanation... We definitely need to question this man", she said, eyeing the man warily.

KamiPanda wrote:
"Hang on Agnes, this seems rather important," Verrier said steadily, staring in disbelief at Angelo. "Two years? I suppose you do seem the type to do something so... unconventional," he said politely, "and it raises many questions and concerns, I'm sure. What I'm more interested in for now, though, is what this means for Gideon's own murder... Do you mean to tell me you were in this bunker, which can only be accessed from the guest room Gideon died in, on the very night he died?"

"Who can say..?" Angelo sighed, scratching his head. "For what it's worth, I only know that Gideon died because Julia told me. That's why I already know who that witch is."

He pointed at Meta.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Julia is dead, I regret to inform you. She was a sweet woman, was she not? Perhaps has she been giving you food? I imagine you must have received someone's help, and Julia was trustworthy to Gideon," Meta carefully sidesteps accusing Angelo of anything.

Angelo's eyes widened slightly at the sudden reveal. Emotionless as he was, he still seemed a little surprised at the knowledge that the woman feeding him for such a long time was suddenly dead.

"...It's true, she kept me fed and healthy all this time," Angelo said, bringing a hand to his mouth. "Is she...is she really dead?"

He took a few moments to process the new information before Fritz's nagging broke him from his concentration.

"Hm? What was that..? Did I hear a fly on the wall?" he asked himself. "I killed someone's pet? Son? There's so much death happening, I can hardly keep up...well, if I didn't hear about it from *him,* maybe it wasn't that important to begin with..."

He didn't notice Fritz advancing towards up, and his words seemed to almost intentionally egg him on.

"Yeah, his death definitely wasn't important," Angelo said to himself, but loud enough for Fritz to hear. "On the other hand...can I ask...when Ms. Julia was killed?"

"Angelo, what have you been up to all day? Fritz's son was shot dead in the room above this one, with the door locked and the key on the corpse. Anyway, as an enjoyer of Gideon's mysteries, maybe you would understand that your room could have been used as a trick in this murder. As such, we would like to hear if you have any insight, if you're willing to share," Meta takes out a cigarette and puts it in her mouth. She fiddles with her lighter but her will wins out and she doesn't light it, just leaving it there. "It's fine if it's simple, but we are starved for information so please humor us."

"Julia sadly passed after being stabbed in the guest house wine cellar. Similarly, the room was locked, and Julia's servant key was found on her. She was killed maybe six hours when we were asleep."

Shy guy

"How do you know there's 'so much death happening' if you weren't even aware Julia or Erik had been killed?" Verrier said dubiously. "Your story isn't holding up, but I suppose it's to be expected from someone who lived in a tiny bunker for 2 years..."

No other way than to make this mistake.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Yeah, I guess that's what that means, doesn't it? This has been kind of a home to me, you know. For awhile, all I could think about was your father. Stuck here in this place...day after day...but don't worry. I passed the time. Thinking. I wonder how much more I should answer..."

Angelo stared into space, evidently thinking about something.

Juna's shivering stopped upon hearing those words. While she was really creeped out still, her eyes had a hint of small realization. She furrowed her brow, and asked, "Why... do you look so familiar?"

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Angelo, what have you been up to all day? Fritz's son was shot dead in the room above this one, with the door locked and the key on the corpse. Anyway, as an enjoyer of Gideon's mysteries, maybe you would understand that your room could have been used as a trick in this murder. As such, we would like to hear if you have any insight, if you're willing to share," Meta takes out a cigarette and puts it in her mouth. She fiddles with her lighter but her will wins out and she doesn't light it, just leaving it there. "It's fine if it's simple, but we are starved for information so please humor us."

"Julia sadly passed after being stabbed in the guest house wine cellar. Similarly, the room was locked, and Julia's servant key was found on her. She was killed maybe six hours when we were asleep."

"...Hmm, testimony, testimony," Angelo repeated. "...I suppose I can provide some. After all, I haven't done anything bad like killing someone. Honest...you can trust that."

He didn't speak with much confidence, but he continued anyways.

"It was very early morning, right? And there's this gunshot upstairs. I go up, and I see a corpse. Now that I think about it, I guess that's the son he was crying about."

Angelo pointed at Fritz, connecting the dots.

"And so...I simply dismantled the rifle so it couldn't be used again. I don't think that's a bad, evil thing to do, no? And by the way, I didn't catch the killer."

Quote:
Juna's shivering stopped upon hearing those words. While she was really creeped out still, her eyes had a hint of small realization. She furrowed her brow, and asked, "Why... do you look so familiar?"

"I don't know," Angelo said darkly, walking up to Juna. He towered over her as he got closer, his eyes forming a formidable glare. "Why do I look so familiar?"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"I don't know," Angelo said darkly, walking up to Juna. He towered over her as he got closer, his eyes forming a formidable glare. "Why do I look so familiar?"

"Good... question...?" Juna took a few steps back, but then it was fairly clear she realized something, as she stopped midway through her step. Slightly hesitating, as if considering something, she turned around to the others, cleared her throat and then simply said, "It's true. I've seen him around here before and what he says about Julia is also true."

Shy guy

"Your claims are very dubious," Verrier sighed. "It seems far more likely to me that you are simply an unaccounted-for person who could easily move about unseen, killing us without our realising. There was nothing stopping you from ever leaving this bunker, it sounds like.

"Speaking of," he added, turning to Heinrich, "in light of this new discovery, we really do need to understand everything there is to know about the bunker. How did you know about it in the first place? Are there any additional mechanisms to it that could shed light on what's been plaguing us?"

Meta chews on the unlit cigarette, the creases in her brow deepening, "Of course, dismantling the gun is reasonable in that situation. Seems as this could be the solution to the locked room." Of course, Meta begins to think that Erik killed himself, but she does not want to be so direct with her deduction in front of Fritz.

She turns to Verrier, "There are not too many alibis to go around for many of the crimes. Whoever shot that gun at our group earlier could not have been Angelo, and there's a possibility that they were Mia's killer. One thing that I cannot excuse though is that the strange location of Gideon's corpse happens to be the very same room his friend was living under. That cannot be a coincidence, knowing Gideon."

KamiPanda wrote:
"Your claims are very dubious," Verrier sighed. "It seems far more likely to me that you are simply an unaccounted-for person who could easily move about unseen, killing us without our realising. There was nothing stopping you from ever leaving this bunker, it sounds like."

"It's true that he did leave the bunker for food, but Julia asked me to keep it a secret. I don't think that matters anymore, but it's disappointing that I have to say it," Juna sighed, "It's how I saw him the first time. I was going to call the police, but Julia stopped me and told me not to."

Sock

Datamatt wrote:
"It's true that he did leave the bunker for food, but Julia asked me to keep it a secret. I don't think that matters anymore, but it's disappointing that I have to say it," Juna sighed, "It's how I saw him the first time. I was going to call the police, but Julia stopped me and told me not to."

"And now we can't ask her why..." Agnes hanged her head and probably cried a little quietly. Not in front of stinky Angelo though, he's weird and a stranger.

"...Maybe that's true," Angelo admitted to Verrier, also backing up from Juna. "But maybe it's not true. Regardless, the reality is I have never killed anyone while here. You're chasing your tails at this point, shifting the blame to me."

He crossed his arms. "Not that I blame you, I suppose...in fact, it's a little fun to get suspected like this..!"

"There's a murderer on the loose and you think this is fun?!" Cecilia yells at Angelo, disgusted by his words. "My son is dead!" She struggled to fight back tears, but it was a battle she was quickly losing. She blinked and wiped her eyes on a handkerchief she kept on her. "Oh Erik... My poor baby boy..."

ASCEND

“If there wasn’t a cop right here, I’d beat that smug look off your face,” Fritz said. “Frankly, I don’t know why we’re still entertaining this creep’s ramblings. We’d be better off just locking him back up here at this point. I don’t care if he wasn’t the killer. He’s clearly involved somehow!”
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

9 AM

[Snowymood]

Unable to get the answers they sought from Angelo, the group headed back to the mansion with the hope of finding Lynde or Raphael. If not, they would need to venture out in the blizzard once more. A close eye was kept on Angelo the whole time, but he seemed to just stand around suspiciously.

Upon arriving to the mansion, they were met with a horrifying stench. It permeated throughout the entire house, inflicting everyone with a sense of nausea. It was unmistakably burning flesh.

Happy Maria

"O-oh no..! Lynde!" Edna suddenly screamed, running into the house to find where the smell of burning flesh was coming from.

It’s not clear where the source is. It seems to be the very air of the house itself.

Shy guy

"The basement! It might be the boiler!" Verrier yelled, running to the entrance near the servant's quarters.

Juna was clearly distressed, but there were other priorities on her mind. As soon as Verrier pointed out a possible location, she made sure to follow him immediately.

[Scene Music]

The basement door was locked--almost expected at this point. Juna unlocked it with the master key, and the group walked downstairs. The stench was even stronger here, and the boiler was undeniably the source. Edna turned it off as they arrived.

They opened the side door of the boiler, finding a charred corpse inside. Not much could be discerned beyond that, but Verrier stated that it was male. Also inside the boiler was the key to the basement, scalding hot from sitting inside the fire. Someone checked the storm doors and verified they were locked from the inside.

Curiously, the boiler was not set to the “full incineration” setting. If the culprit had wanted, they could have reduced the corpse completely to ashes. Instead they chose this “mostly burnt” setting for some reason.

The corpse could only be Raphael or Lynde. No… that wasn’t true. There were other male corpses on this island already, such as Gideon and Frederick. It would be a fairly common mystery trick if one of those were used to promote this deception that Raphael or Lynde had died.

[The tomb can now be broken into at any point, but the trial will start immediately after. There are other items worth investigating if you choose to, but they are optional]

Happy Maria

Edna gave the body a mournful look, holding back her tears till she knew who it was. "W-who could have done this? Weren't we all together in the guest house ever since Lynde disappeared? Who could have come here and b-burnt this body...?" She questioned.

ASCEND

The stench of the body has turned Fritz’s skin a nauseated pale. He looked quite similar to the character he played on TV.

“Ideally, this body is Gideon or Frederick and we have nothing to worry about. There might be some ways we can tell...”

Fritz checked the body’s hand for a signet ring and tried to see if there were pipes in the incinerator that led anywhere significant.

Southern Corn wrote:
Edna gave the body a mournful look, holding back her tears till she knew who it was. "W-who could have done this? Weren't we all together in the guest house ever since Lynde disappeared? Who could have come here and b-burnt this body...?" She questioned.

"It could have been Raphael, who wasn't dead after all." Ingrid answered, giving the corpse an impassive look-over. "It could have been Gideon, by the same token. It could even have been Lynde himself, and this corpse isn't him..."

"Verrier. Can you tell the cause of death with a body like this?"

Shy guy

Verrier approached the body and gave it a careful examination. Given recent events he'd taken to carrying around multiple pairs of disposable gloves alongside other basic tools. However, after standing back up he shook his head. "The heat damage is too severe. I can't tell how he died, nor who he is. All I can tell is what I said before: the body is male. There are no distinguishing features or the like."

KamiPanda wrote:
Verrier approached the body and gave it a careful examination. Given recent events he'd taken to carrying around multiple pairs of disposable gloves alongside other basic tools. However, after standing back up he shook his head. "The heat damage is too severe. I can't tell how he died, nor who he is. All I can tell is what I said before: the body is male. There are no distinguishing features or the like."

"Unfortunate. Well, there is one corpse we can check right now." Ingrid said. "Let's go see father. I doubt the answer would be so easy, but just in case..."

The group heads upstairs to the study, not to be undeterred by the new corpse. Ingrid looks at the door and sees that the tape she had placed on it earlier is still sealed. She smiles at everyone, "We're done here. Father is still inside the study."

ASCEND

Fritz gives Ingrid a skeptical glare and then yanks the door open, causing her piece of tape to explode into tiny pieces.

Fritz PUSHES the door open, exposing the inside of the room for everyone to see.

... it's empty. The window is still locked, of course. And Albrecht's wheelchair is still where it was before. But Albrecht himself is gone.

Ingrid's eyes widen in shock. She goes through the closet, the bathroom, and throws over the mattress of the bed. The others look through the room as well, but can't find anyone.

[Scene Music]
Page 18 of 21 [ 818 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus