Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 10 of 13[ 514 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Re: Black Fable 3: The Nonary+ GameTopic%20Title

Nero votes for Crow.

Just another day.

Planetbox wrote:
Suddenly, Crow started chuckling to herself.

“Okay, fine. I admit it,” she said. “I was lying. I was blocked, so Nero’s results are fine.”

“I suspected the roleblocker was a Killer, so I was trying to draw them out. I think if they haven’t spoken up by now, they aren’t going to, so I can drop the act. We’ve gotten way too distracted with this nonsense anyway.

“Apologies for the confusion. I figured Nero wouldn’t actually be in danger since it was an awful lie, and I could take it back at any time. That’s all though. It was just a gambit that didn’t pay off.”

“I must say, though...” Crow grinned despite herself. “That was quite entertaining. I think I understand TV-Head’s actions better now.”

[I actually forgot to check my QT and missed that I was blocked until after I posted. I thought of the plan to draw out the blocker and decided to roll with it.]

Golf puts his walkie talkie up to his head and acts like its a pistol acting as if he had fired it. one might assume his brother was the one making a shooting sound but all that came out was static.

"...well...uh... so where does that leave us?" Nova wondered. "If Nero and Crow are both telling the truth about having powers, at least one of them still has to be a scientist or killer, right?"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"...well...uh... so where does that leave us?" Nova wondered. "If Nero and Crow are both telling the truth about having powers, at least one of them still has to be a scientist or killer, right?"

"Considering the late Televison Head's suspicion of Crow, and the fact that she spent a considerable amount of our time telling falsities only to backtrack later, I sincerely hope we can put two and two together here... This woman is most likely a Scientist." Nero explains.

Sock

TheLetterF wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"Considering the late Televison Head's suspicion of Crow, and the fact that she spent a considerable amount of our time telling falsities only to backtrack later, I sincerely hope we can put two and two together here... This woman is most likely a Scientist." Nero explains.

"But... TV-Head's actions mean nothing if Crow is a Jailer." Silver stops sobbing to speak up. "The Seer can only detect Killers... Not Scientists."

ASCEND

“I’m honestly at a loss as to why I’m being suspected,” Crow said. “I’ve already disproved every possible reason. TV-Head voting for me? Worthless because I can’t be a Killer due to my role and the Seer can’t identify Scientists. My stunt a few minutes ago? It served bo purpose more beneficial to a Scientist than Prey. Either one would seek to identify Killers, and calling attention to myself like that would be stupid for a Scientist.”

“The only reason either could be legitimate is if I were lying about being a Jailer, but no one has counted-claimed me. And besides,” Crow gently rattled her birdcage. “Just look at me.”

“Therefore, I’m only as suspicious as everyone else here who has a special skill...except Nero, who’s been quite insistent to pin the blame on me—moreso than anyone else. If he was innocent, he might think I was suspicious, but not enough to vote this early. It’s more reasonable to assume he realizes he’s in danger of being voted for and is simply hoping to last another round.”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sock

"If Nero is innocent... Then he knows you're not. It's not a matter of being suspicious at that point. Why would he not vote for someone he would know is one of the baddies...? Unless you just mean voting this early at all is weird..."

Planetbox wrote:
“I’m honestly at a loss as to why I’m being suspected,” Crow said. “I’ve already disproved every possible reason. TV-Head voting for me? Worthless because I can’t be a Killer due to my role and the Seer can’t identify Scientists. My stunt a few minutes ago? It served bo purpose more beneficial to a Scientist than Prey. Either one would seek to identify Killers, and calling attention to myself like that would be stupid for a Scientist.”

“The only reason either could be legitimate is if I were lying about being a Jailer, but no one has counted-claimed me. And besides,” Crow gently rattled her birdcage. “Just look at me.”

“Therefore, I’m only as suspicious as everyone else here who has a special skill...except Nero, who’s been quite insistent to pin the blame on me—moreso than anyone else. If he was innocent, he might think I was suspicious, but not enough to vote this early. It’s more reasonable to assume he realizes he’s in danger of being voted for and is simply hoping to last another round.”

"From the beginning of our discussion we knew it was either you or me who had to go. I was slightly hesitant to believe this theory until you concocted that story about me. At that point I knew it was you, and that there was no point in delaying my vote." Nero explains. "You knew that your story would cast even more doubt on me, given I had already amassed suspicion the last time we had our little trial. You took advantage of the situation to smear me and distract the group, until you realized how nonsensical your story way and opted for a different approach."

"Does anyone have any reason why we should consider voting for someone besides Nero or Crow?" Nova interjected. She tapped at her anklet's app. "If not, maybe everyone should speak up as to who they think the better choice is..."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Does anyone have any reason why we should consider voting for someone besides Nero or Crow?" Nova interjected. She tapped at her anklet's app. "If not, maybe everyone should speak up as to who they think the better choice is..."

"The only other thing I can think of is looking at who initially voted for Twist, before the votes switched over," Odin offered. "Remember, we were mostly confident there was one evil between Nero and Twist, right? So if we run under the assumption that Nero *is* evil, there may be some evils dogpiling on the Twist vote."

Odin sighed and scratched his head. "Otherwise, it really is just a choice between Nero and Crow. And honestly, voting patterns might become more clear after *this* vote instead. The first night was a little random to begin with."

"Well, I'm not sure what to do with information, considering her... Other claims. But!" Ennea spoke up. "Our dearly departed seer did say that Albatross couldn't be a killer. Maybe we could exclude him? Would be convenient if he had a role..."

Just another day.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"Well, I'm not sure what to do with information, considering her... Other claims. But!" Ennea spoke up. "Our dearly departed seer did say that Albatross couldn't be a killer. Maybe we could exclude him? Would be convenient if he had a role..."

I and my brother agree, he isn't one any of us should consider either a scientist or killer, at least for now anyways, though to be fair Enena I don't think anyone even had a shred of suspicion towards him this round anyways.

Sock

Silver is about to quietly input a vote for Crow on her bracelet, but suddenly has a terrible coughing fit. She stares over at the robot, looking horrified.

"I don't want to vote quite yet, but... I guess I have a bit of a feeling, though I'm not so sure..." Silver nervously rubs the back of her head, hoping not to be ganged on by the rest of the group because the omniscient god in the sky told her to discuss.

ASCEND

“That’s pretty suspicious of you to vote so early and so wrongly,” Crow said. “I almost want to hang up on you over it, but I think voting Nero is the more reasonable choice. I suggest you all do the same.”

If Crow seemed concerned about her possible death, she didn’t show it, but Ash has fallen strangely silent.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Hmm, it's an easy decision, but a tough choice. On one hand, voting for either of you will give us good information, even if it proves disastrous. On the other hand, I can't see particular benefits in either death! A real Buridan's ass situation..." Ennea mused. "I suppose that should Nero be prey, Crow can only be a help to us by jailing a killer or kill-ee, or being ablative armor for the killers! If she is a scientist, she'll be a greater priority for them than us helpless prey! Meanwhile, should Crow be prey, Nero will be of no more use to us. His information will be too unreliable, and he might not be dangerous enough to draw the killers' attention. Hmm hmm! Yes, that makes enough sense to me."

"I will vote for Nero then!"

Happy Maria

"I concur with Ennea", Uno agreed. "Obviously I can vouch for Crow's role which makes me side with her more, and that role I think is both easy to keep an eye on and potentially useful for capturing a killer. Even in the worst case scenario, she is merely a scientist. However, Nero has the possibility of being a killer, which I think should take higher priority. I've had my suspicions on him last round as well, so it should be to no one's surprise that I vote for Nero."

Sock

"I don't quite see what vouching for her role has to do with trusting her." Silver sighed. "Like, it's cool that you trust her... Maybe you got really intimate in that bird body, but... I don't think that sort of argument really means anything in this situation..."

"We should consider this vote carefully, I think. Nero could very well be a scientist as well, and would still be someone on the Killer's list. It is much easier to manage us prey, who lack a means of communication. Being able to ensure two votes and collaborators on the same target is not something killers would want. It could very well be that regardless of who we vote off, the killers would take the other one on their own anyways."

"If Nero is Prey, the killers would likely want Crow dead, which they could possibly fail at doing. However, if Nero is Prey, we also want Crow dead. She might be able to catch a killer for us, certainly, but, and I'm not so sure about this, it might bite us in the ass later..."

"If Nero is Prey, and Crow is a Scientist, or the other way around, we should also note that the Killers also have no way of telling which is which. I doubt leaving both alive is a good option in any circumstance, as we do not have any other leads, but it might be something worth keeping in the backs of our minds."

"I will not be changing my vote, at least." Silver grumbles, finally inputting her vote on her bracelet. "There's still a possibility that both are on evil factions, though unlikely. Does killing Nero here give us any further leads? I think we can potentially further our knowledge if we get the results from Crow sooner than later."

Sock

Double posting, Silver keeps talking.

"I don't think Crow can even reasonably catch a killer for us anyways. Whoever she protects can be a killer attempting to kill, sure, but they could also very well be the target the killer was trying to catch. There's no way of telling whoever she Jails is a killer or not. If the following phase, nobody dies, it could be because her target is innocent and was targeted themselves, or because they were a killer attempting to kill. If she's our last Prey with a role, then I don't know if this really helps us, or would just have us point fingers at each other endlessly... Though I suppose that the current circumstance doesn't mean it wouldn't have its uses, if TV-Head were alive for instance..."

"Just something I thought I'd share here for everyone to hear, while it's quiet..."

Odin voted for Nero, still a little charred from his previous explosion.

ASCEND

Kachu wrote:
"I don't think Crow can even reasonably catch a killer for us anyways. Whoever she protects can be a killer attempting to kill, sure, but they could also very well be the target the killer was trying to catch. There's no way of telling whoever she Jails is a killer or not. If the following phase, nobody dies, it could be because her target is innocent and was targeted themselves, or because they were a killer attempting to kill. If she's our last Prey with a role, then I don't know if this really helps us, or would just have us point fingers at each other endlessly... Though I suppose that the current circumstance doesn't mean it wouldn't have its uses, if TV-Head were alive for instance..."

"There are ways to tell the difference between either scenario," Crow said. "If I were to target a confirmed Prey or vanilla, it's more likely that they were targeted by the killer. But if I targeted someone with a role or who was being suspected for other reasons, then them being a Killer would be more likely. At the very least it would give us more information. I'll admit it wouldn't perfectly implicate someone, but it's ridiculous to claim that it has no uses whatsoever."

Sock

Planetbox wrote:
"There are ways to tell the difference between either scenario," Crow said. "If I were to target a confirmed Prey or vanilla, it's more likely that they were targeted by the killer. But if I targeted someone with a role or who was being suspected for other reasons, then them being a Killer would be more likely. At the very least it would give us more information. I'll admit it wouldn't perfectly implicate someone, but it's ridiculous to claim that it has no uses whatsoever."

"Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way for you to target a confirmed Prey anymore..." Silver sighs. "If you're our last Prey role, then Nero is evil, and we can't trust any of his claims."

"I don't know of anyone you can target this round that'd fit any of your criteria, at least."

"I doubt we can rely on either Nero OR Crow being able to help after this vote, " Nova chimed in. "The Roleblocker knows who they both are, so... if one dies now, the other will probably be blocked anyway..."

Just another day.

Golf after a small debate with himself had ultimately decided he would stick to his choice this round unlike last round where he regretted changing his vote and as such proceeded to vote for crow.

Sock

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"I doubt we can rely on either Nero OR Crow being able to help after this vote, " Nova chimed in. "The Roleblocker knows who they both are, so... if one dies now, the other will probably be blocked anyway..."

“I think depending on Nero’s faction, the Roleblocker might leave them alone. Both Scientists and Killers want to know tho the Vanilla Prey are, I think...”

Odin actually swapped his vote to Crow. Plot twist!

"Keep in mind that as the numbers start to thin, it becomes increasingly important to know who your allies are. If you dispose of me you're disposing of the only person who can help the Prey to do this." Nero explains. "I still am baffled at how anyone would believe Crow over me. If the Prey fall for her tricks then perhaps this team has no chance after all."

Kachu wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

“I think depending on Nero’s faction, the Roleblocker might leave them alone. Both Scientists and Killers want to know tho the Vanilla Prey are, I think...”

"Maybe... Would they value that over letting the Prey have more information, though..."

Nova leaned back in her chair and sighed. "Shit, I hate having to do it like this... trying to figure out who's 'worth' more..." she groaned. "Not that there's a GOOD way to do this...

"...Nero might be able to tell us who else we can trust... assuming we can believe him... but Crow's already been blocked, so I don't see much reason why it wouldn't happen again... it sucks, but I'm leaning towards voting for Crow at the moment..."

"This is all very confusing, but I think the arguement is that Crow has the more menacing ability and possibly is a killer, but Nero still could be a killer?" Albatross said as he dabbed at his lightly glistening brow, and revealed deeply sweat drenched and stained pits.
" All things being equal, I think i follow the logic against Crow the most. So I uhhh vote for CrowBut to be fair i do find myself with a strange affinity for her..." Shooting a glance at Ash almost like a bird missing his cage.

"Also, if we believe in Crow's abilities, is it not a tad suspicious that she chose to block me of all people? Why would she do that? She would have stopped me from confirming the identity of another Prey. Furthermore, she might have tried to block me so that come the next day, I wouldn't have any results to share which would make me look more suspicious." Nero adds.

"It's not possible for Crow to be a killer, if she's to be believed..." Nova shook her head. "...but she could be one of the people who brought us here..."

TheLetterF wrote:
"Also, if we believe in Crow's abilities, is it not a tad suspicious that she chose to block me of all people? Why would she do that? She would have stopped me from confirming the identity of another Prey. Furthermore, she might have tried to block me so that come the next day, I wouldn't have any results to share which would make me look more suspicious." Nero adds.

"I... don't follow that logic, though... You're the only other one we knew had a special power, and if we assume Crow is Prey, that would mean you aren't and whatever results you gave couldn't be trusted... I probably would have done the same thing if I were in her shoes..."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"It's not possible for Crow to be a killer, if she's to be believed..." Nova shook her head. "...but she could be one of the people who brought us here..."

TheLetterF wrote:

"I... don't follow that logic, though... You're the only other one we knew had a special power, and if we assume Crow is Prey, that would mean you aren't and whatever results you gave couldn't be trusted... I probably would have done the same thing if I were in her shoes..."

"Perhaps he thought the killer may go after you next, as well?" Odin opined. "The jailer also grants some protection to whoever is jailed, so it can be useful in a pinch to stop a murder."

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Hm? Did you mean Crow?" Nova blinked at Odin. "I'm not sure how likely that would be... if she were Prey, she'd know Nero isn't and wouldn't have a reason to protect him. Actually..." She took a moment to check the vote tally again. "I noticed you switched your vote recently. Why's that?"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Hm? Did you mean Crow?" Nova blinked at Odin. "I'm not sure how likely that would be... if she were Prey, she'd know Nero isn't and wouldn't have a reason to protect him. Actually..." She took a moment to check the vote tally again. "I noticed you switched your vote recently. Why's that?"

"No, I meant Nero," Odin said. "I was offering another opinion of why Crow's jail on Nero would be a reasonable move."

Odin raised his hands in the air. "Hey! I thought Crow was a Scientist from the beginning. I even said so twice in a certain chatroom (sry). I'm just rationalizing on whether Nero could be a killer, and if that would be a better vote than Crow."

Sock

“It’s possible that Crow could’ve stopped Nero from killing, but the likelihood that he is a killer is already 50%, From Crow’s perspective, if she’s prey. Then she’s have to also nail the other 50% chance or so that Nero would also be the killer killing that night... and even that wouldn’t probe he’s a killer, since he could’ve also been a scientist and just targeted by the killers.” Silver sighed.

“It seems like a silly thing to try when Crow would already know for sure that Nero is evil, and Jailing him wouldn’t prove to us that he’s a killer over her anyways, as it could always seem like he was Prey and she just happened to protect him in an effort to make us suspect him.” Silver says trying to share info from that epic chat room into the thread.

"I don't think it's that silly a move myself..." Nova replied. "Like I said, we don't know who else has special powers, and if we assume Crow is Prey, she'd want to stop one of the non-Prey from using their powers regardless..."

Despite her arguments, Nova reluctantly placed her vote for Crow.

Shy guy

The discussion had run its course. Crow's fate was sealed. In her last moments, she turned away from the others and gazed into Ash's eyes, before flicking her hand to send the bird flying up and away from her.

[Execution theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFY2DaiScAQ]

She still had her back turned as she died, preventing the others from seeing her expression. Similarly to Twist, she first collapsed to her knees, then toppled over, passing away in only a few seconds. Ash's cries from above were mournful, and then they grew distant as it slipped through the grate on the ceiling and flew to freedom.

The robot waited for a few seconds, before giving a eulogy as usual.

Spoiler: Jette Faulkner
Although Jette’s parents were both involved in Cartor’s government, her attention gravitated to the realm of science. Her most treasured childhood memories involved paying visits to Cartor’s neighbouring islands, which acted as sanctuaries for threatened species of birds. She spent many nights camping among the birdsong with her grandfather, enthusiastically monitoring the behaviour of the local birds.

On one trip, the island was hit with a terrible storm and Jette was washed out to sea. As she fought to stay above the waves, she wished deeply that she could be one of the seagulls floating overhead, away from the whirling torrent. Strangely enough, she soon found herself soaring through the storm, watching her own body wash onto the beach. And once the dangerous storm subsided, she woke up on the beach with her grandfather, completely safe from harm. It seemed that swapping places with the bird has kept her alive for stupid pseudoscientific reasons.

At first, she dismissed the experience as a strange dream—until it happened again, but this time to someone else. Once she learned to control her Esper abilities, she could save others from death by forcing their consciousness into the body of a nearby bird. She called this the BIRDBRAIN technique, but she suspected it existed in other Espers who had different fixations.

Jette eventually turned from studying birds to studying human beings and entered the field of behavioural psychology. She became especially interested in subjects whose psychological behaviour could physically impact the world around them—i.e. Espers. She conducted numerous studies, all ethical, and published her findings to modest recognition. Around this time she also started a family with another scientist, giving birth to a son named Ash. The two formed a close bond, with Jette repeatedly taking him to the bird sanctuaries she’d grown up in.

While Ash developed a similar interest in biology, his dreams would be cut short after tensions in Cartor exploded into full on revolt. Ash showed considerable promise, so he was employed producing chemical weapons at a government facility. He didn’t enjoy the work, but he wasn’t exactly given a choice in the matter. Once information about what the facility was manufacturing came out, the site became a target of the rebels. One group eventually staged an assault that caused a massive chemical explosion, killing Ash and many others.

Jette was one of the first on the scene. While she watched body after body get taken in stretchers from the smoking facility, becoming convinced that her son would not leave alive, a soot-covered fledgeling mockingbird flew from the rubble and perched near her. For whatever reason, it didn’t seem interested in leaving. She took the bird in her care, convinced that Ash was still inside and unable to leave due to his body’s destruction in the blast—though for all she knew it was just a random bird. Either way, she named it Ash in his honour.

Jette’s son’s death launched her down a dark path. She blamed the rebels for the explosion and for further destruction to her home and resolved to do whatever she could to crush them. She switched gears from behavioural psychology to psychological warfare and founded a team of scientists to turn Espers into weapons. This ultimately culminated in the Nonary Games, a series of experiments to strengthen and control the Witch, a particularly powerful Esper. She’s the reason you are all here playing the Nonary+ Game!

[Crow was the Director, aka Zero, leader of the Scientists. She was also the Jailer/Jailkeeper.]

The revelation was as a lot of the players had suspected, though it was still painful to hear it confirmed. Even still, they couldn't linger. The timer was already ticking towards the next execution, and the players needed to explore the next area.

Act 3: Anger

Perhaps it was a reflection of what they were feeling; either way, a majority of players voted for the red Anger door this time. As soon as the vote went through, the door opened. Someone made sure to grab Crow's bracelet, which now read "Digit #3: 3", and then everyone left the Oubliette. One of the players curiously listened in on the room as they left it: it sounded as though the robot was carrying Crow's body away, like it presumably had Twist's.

Exploration Phase

As the players pushed through the two sets of doors to reach the Anger area, they found that not only was it bathed in a very harsh, red light, it was also uncomfortably hot. The conditions were clearly intended to make them irritatable and snappy, and annoyingly it was working. To make matters worse, as they opened the second door they were met with the racket of machinery.

[Anger theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO3XxfxPnko]

The Anger area centred around a large factory that seemed to be producing weapons, though upon inspection the products were non-functional. Unlike previous areas, this one seemed mostly contained in the one large, open-plan room. Following the previous pattern though, the room could be subdivided into three parts. In addition to the factory proper, with all of its machines and conveyors, there was a work area and an area that a nearby map called 'The Shambles'.

The work area was for hands-on work. There were lots of tools and spare parts and such around the place, along with various workbenches and hand-operated machinery. The Shambles was what someone had called the workings of the factory's machines. It consisted of masses of moving cogs, pistons and suchlike that all operated in support of the factory proper. Steam kept bursting out of pipes here, presumably explaining the unpleasant heat of the whole area.

[The Exploration phase will end in 3 days. During this time, please send me your actions!]

Happy Maria

"Well, at least we can say the scientists are done for now", Uno stated with a straight face before going to inspect the work area. "Nero's innocence should hopefully be proven to us soon. If that is the case, then we have to deal with a roleblocker and a detective in the evil factions. Not fun to work against for sure..."

"Let's worry about that later," Nova grumbled. She'd unzipped her hoodie partway, revealing a lime green shirt underneath, but it hadn't done much to cool her off. "Right now I just want to find these Trials so we can get the hell out of here..."

With that, she headed over to a part of the factory rather dense with conveyors and began searching around.

Nero scoffs and crosses his arms. "The Director... What a disgraceful person. May her soul receive the penance it needs, and may her allies soon face a similar fate."

"Now." The empath sighs. "I do hope I've finally won at least some of your trust. I say we keep an eye out for those who persisted in their pursuit of me... The spirits may forgive you but I won't forget so easily."
Page 10 of 13 [ 514 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus