Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

Nonary Game 12 (E-2) - Sign Ups (Closed! Alternates?)Topic%20Title

WELCOME ALL GAMERS (YES THAT MEANS YOU!!!)

This is the sign-up thread for Nonary Game 12!

This forum game is based on the Zero Escape series. There have been other nonary games here on Court Records, but this game is standalone, meaning no other game is necessary to get the most out of this. If you want a good idea of what you are generally in for, please check out Nonary Game 7 by JesusMonroe and cast or Nonary Game X (10) by Planetbox and cast.

Alternatively, if you have played or seen a playthrough a Zero Escape game, this experience should be pretty similar to being a character in one of those games.

This game, like other recent games run through the RP community here will have to be played on Cox Studios, which is necessary for two reasons:

1. We need a method to have side conversations between sub-groups of players and our old method shut down recently
2. You can get randomly IP banned on Court Records due to some anti-freak protection thing going awry

You will need an account to post there, but it's just a proboards account and it is pretty easy to sign up for one!

Spoiler: Teaser
[Music Link]

Nine strangers gather in a beautiful garden.

Each of the strangers holds longing in their heart that must be fulfilled.

Unfortunately, some twisted desires exist too.

In this world, most hearts will wither and die before they can find their needs.

Everyone's lives are at stake.

Spoiler: Gameplay/Expectations
This game will be similar to Nonary Game 7 or Nonary Game 10.

You will recieve a character who has a defined backstory and motivations. You will have some leeway to make changes to your character in terms of appearance and personality. Generally, I will defer to you on what you think works best for your character given their backstory.

The gameplay will then revolve around just roleplaying your character in the scenarios as they unfold. You try to make your character interesting and you have fun engaging with the situations and the other players.

Most of the plot is predetermined with minor variability. If playing a game just to experience a mystery first hand and play as a character does not interest you that much, then this game probably isn't for you as that's the main appeal.

A few improvements that I want to make over my previous game I ran (Nonary Game 9: The Emissary Game):

1. This game will have a branching timeline, meaning that sometimes the story will go back in time and explore other branches. This is very important because it will mean I will have more time to explore the story so it's not so rushed.
2. This game will focus more on roleplaying. All of the mechanical elements will be resolved through roleplay and my arbitration. Whatever is good for the story will be what prevails!
3. I will better prepare for this game. I am bringing in a lot more pre-work than I did for my last game. I hope that this helps make the gameplay more seemless and fun!

This game will last somewhere between two to three months. If you sign up, be prepared for that! I recommend to post four-five times per day if possible! If you think that won't be doable, let me know and I will do my best to accomodate a tricky schedule. If you miss some days of posting, or have to post only once per day for a while, that's probably fine as long as you can come back and get back to posting a lot.

Spoiler: MAMA
1. Don’t be inactive. This game is long and heavily focused on the characters! Please be mindful of that when signing up.
2. If you have to be inactive for some reason or another, let me know as far in advance as possible, and we can navigate the issue. Epic!
3. Be respectful toward other players.
4. Don’t engage in excessive, unprompted criticism of other characters or the narrative—particularly details that can no longer be changed.
5. Don’t use meta means of communicating private information such as screenshots, PMs, and smoke signals. These things can ruin the mystery for players.
6. Don’t be spiteful if something bad happens to your character (and trust me, bad things will happen!). Don’t try to ruin things for other people. Be mindful that this is a mystery game and while you may know the answer to some of the twists, sometimes it’s best to hold on to things.
7. There are other characters who will probably, at least at times, not like yours. Don't take the roleplay personally. If something seems spiteful or excessive though, let me know! I will take players out if needed.
8. At certain times, you may be tempted to have your character act in a way that seems like it would seriously mess up the story or cohesion of the game. If that happens, talk to me and we can work something out. I'll also know for sure if your action could mess anything up and I can figure out if there's a way to make it work.
9. Do your best and please enjoy since it's gonna be a crazy ride!

Spoiler: FAQ
Q: Can I sign up without having a Court-Records account? (or without logging into mine since I've been randomly IP banned?)
A: I guess so, just tell me you agree to the MAMA in the survey.

Q: Can I sign up if I've never played in this forum before or played Zero Escape?
A: Yes, that would be cool, even.

Q: Will this game feature multiple endings?
A: Yes, and more than three of them.

Q: Why are there ten players if it's a nonary game?
A: No comment

Q: How long will the game be?
A: About two months plus some.

Q: How long will sign ups last?
A: 4 days until I close sign ups. Then, there will be around three more days for people to prepare.

Q: What criteria decides who gets to play?
A: I just want ten people who are interested in playing the characters given how strange they are. The survey will help me determine who is interested in what character. If multiple people can play the same character, I will do my best to fairly judge who will be a better fit.

Q: I will have a trip during this game and might be able to communicate very little. Is that okay?
A: It usually is fine unless the timing is very long. The most important thing is to let me know so I can plan!

If you have read the above and are excited to sign up, then epic! Please let me know in this thread that you are signing up and that you agree to the MAMA agreement, make an account for cox studios, and fill out the survey below! TEN players will get in, and I will accept any remaining players who are interested as alternates in case of someone needing to drop.

Happy gaming and I look forward to hearing from you all!

[Survey Link]

[Sign ups will last four days, after which I will close sign ups and choose the cast. Then your character will be sent to you! You will have time to review and prepare (find avatar, ask questions, etc.). Game will start roughly three days after that!]

Spoiler: Sign Ups
1. JaytheBluPirate
2. KamiPanda
3. Kachu
4. Planetbox
5. JesusMonroe
6. HonestIago
7. DootDootDoot
8. Neotelenta
9. Joker
10. notbadplayer

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Re: Nonary Game 12 (E-2) - Sign UpsTopic%20Title

ASCEND

I have a super busy semester so idk if I should sign up for this but fuck it, we ball

If we get too many players I might end up volunteering as an alternate though
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sleeping is my life.

Submitted my survey! I also agree to the MAMA and stuff.

Shy guy

E-2, I see what you've done there.

MAMA agreed, exciting stuff! Though like PB I'm comfortable being an alternate, given the sheer number of NGs I've played in.

Sock

Agreed to the MAMA. Game seems like it might be long huh? Exciting!

Survey is also sent in. I'm curious as to how many applications we'll end up getting, as well as what this mysterious 10th player might be.

ASCEND

Ok I did the survey thing (I'm epic)
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Epic thanks for the awesome surveys guys! I am already brainstorming a lot on who might fit where!

In the meantime, hopefully more people apply. This will close on Wednesday at 10 am est. (provided we find ten people)

Hello, Fellow Gamers,

I agree to MAMA and am hype about this collection of gamers coming together, to once and for all,Game

put me in coach i am ready to game

Audio Video Disco

MAMA, ooooooooooooooooo (yes, I agree)

Survey completed, on that note. I'm ready.

Wow, so things are coming together! Thanks for the surveys people!

Also just to be clear, all ten roles are full character roles who will be alive for a majority of the game and every character is at least Seven levels of relevant to the overall narrative (Since I know some people are curious).

Was trying to be secretive in case but I see there’s no need! In/MAMA

That was the vibe but my honesty took control when I wasn't sure.

I left you off last night before I went to sleep when you were the most recent person.

Eight surveys and almost everyone has a different best character except one person has a survey that is pretty much just a colossal slam dunk for one character which means one person is on their second best character (but their second-best was almost tied for first).

I'm in! My survey is submitted, and I agree to the MAMA.

edit: I fucking forgot this was my profile picture
Re: Nonary Game 12 (E-2) - Sign Ups (Closed! Alternates?)Topic%20Title

Okay, I will be busy at the exact ending of the sign ups, but it seems we have all that we are looking for!

Here is the final cast:

1. JaytheBluPirate
2. KamiPanda
3. Kachu
4. Planetbox
5. JesusMonroe
6. HonestIago
7. Neotelenta
8. DootDootDoot
9. Joker
10. NotBadPlayer

Game starts in three or four days! I will be sure to keep everyone updated.

In the meantime, you can go to Cox Studios for your role PM! Post in you role pm your questions and I will clarify everything I can! Find an avatar, make cosmetic choices, change other aspects, and so on.

Very excited to play this game with everyone!

Every character in the game lives in the U.S. for everyone's reference. They also have all lived in the U.S. for the majority of their lives. This is dissimilar from NGX and 11. If you want your character to be of some ethnicity or some nationality or appearance, I think that would be cool and many characters can easily change their last name if needed.

I can let people know the region of the U.S. each character is from if you are curious, but it's mostly not relevant.

Start time will be 9:00 AM EST this Saturday! I might not have time all day to post but I can at least get things started so everyone can post that first day. If this time doesn’t work for anyone, please let me know. I think the first few real moments will happen on Sunday though.

For those who want to plan around what the start of the game will be, here is a basic outline of what will be this weekend:

Spoiler: Spoiler Free Guide
1. Escape room 1 (other players can’t see you, can only hear)

2. Character introductions (visual included)

3. Game start
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus