Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House

Page 8 of 11[ 408 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Re: PT-7: Tsar of Turnabouts (Day 1--Investigation)Topic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

A few minutes after the prosecutor arrived, Richard walked into the meeting room with a guard.

"Yes?" Richard greeted.
I'll always love you, Max.

abort your toast.

Spikes Mailliw turned his chair around. He lifted one arm and began tapping slowly on the table in front of him.

"Good Evening. My name is Mailliw. I'm the prosecutor for your case. Just so you know, that means it's my job to put you away. Nice to meet you."

He pulled out a mint and passed it through the slot in the window. He pulled out another and cracked it in his mouth as soon as it hit his teeth.

"Take it. I have some more if you want."

He leaned forward, with a look on his face that he himself clearly interpreted as friendly. It was more of a smirk, though.

"I was wondering if you....weren't busy? I hear that you spoke with my...old assistant. She's a family friend, nice girl. missed a thing or two here and there, though. Perhaps you could answer a few questions?

In my world, the color red doesn't exist.

In Justice We Trust

"It depends on the questions." I can't tell if this Dalí painting of a man is putting on a friendly face to make me lower my guard or to intimidate me.

abort your toast.

"I'll be direct, then. I only need to know one little thing. Where, and how, specifically, do you keep your costume for the third Act, and when were you not watching it on the night of the murder? If you could give me specific times, then I will be satisfied and will have concluded my business here."

"I gave you that mint for a reason, you know."

In Justice We Trust

Is this a joke? I'm not dressed this way for fun. "I'm wearing my costume. I was arrested in it and wasn't allowed to change out. When I wasn't wearing it, it was on the hanger rack in my dressing room. As for when I was not watching it, that would be whenever I was on-stage."

((If that mint's supposed to do anything other than taste good, forget it.))

abort your toast.

"Ah, maybe I wasn't clear. I meant before the murder. can you give me any specific times?" he repeated, getting a little impatient.

(This guy's either being deliberately unhelpul or short on brains...)

In Justice We Trust

"I don't recall the specific time each scene started and ended, so I can't help you there, but I was on-stage during the second and third scenes of Act II, meaning I was not watching my costume at that time."

abort your toast.

"....I see....one more question. you make it sound as though you kept the costume in a closet. perhaps with a door? or am I mistaken?"

In Justice We Trust

"No, the hanger rack is in plain sight, as is the case with every dressing room." I'd think the prosecutor would have seen proof of that at the crime scene unless he has yet to go there.

abort your toast.

Spikes frowned. That wasn't the answer he wanted.

He thanked the man and gave him a few mints. He informed Richard that he would be given replacement clothing soon so that the costume could be used as evidence. It would be delivered to the criminal affairs office before the night was over.

leaving the Detention center, he walked his way over to the department of criminal affairs, and thought it might be a good idea to look through Rufus' wallet. He opened it up and looked at it's contents.

Last edited by AndrossGanon on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

In Justice We Trust

Rufus's wallet contained a debit card, a few credit cards, his driver's license, his insurance cards, some membership cards from various stores, some receipts from stores he had recently visited, a variety of foreign and domestic banknotes, and a picture of his wife. There didn't appear to be anything connected to the murder inside.

abort your toast.

after a few minutes, Spikes closed the wallet, satisfied.

He arrived at the Department of Criminal Affairs and registered all the evidence he had collected. He requested that these items and Richard's costume all be submitted as evidence in the trial tommorrow. He told them that a kid with wierd hair would be showing up later with at least one more thing. They saluted him (which was completely unnecessary.)and he left the office.

he headed back to his office and reread the case file over and over again, leaving no stone unturned. Until he was contacted by Rehg, he had no further inquirees today.

Klink....Klink....Klink................

Last edited by AndrossGanon on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

In Justice We Trust

((The prop gun has yet to be found; only the real gun is in the Department's possession at the moment.))

Rehg walked over to Woodman to help him up. He picked up the magazine as he did so. After helping him up, Rehg began flipping through the magazine to see what all was in it. He turned one of the pages, revealing an article that mentioned Richard, the defendent. He looked up at Woodman and asked "Hey would you mind if i could have this magazine?"

In Justice We Trust

"Ah... Sure, go ahead," Rufus replied, still in pain. "I don't even remember buying it. Maybe Richard left it in here when we were chatting a few days ago before an earlier performance. I think he had brought a magazine with him... Ow..."

"Thanks. I guess i will let you get back to whatever it was you were doing then." Rehg leaves, and heads out into the hallway. magazine added to Court Record.

(to general Luigi- can i get what the article is about? thanks)

Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!

Caelestis sighed. She felt like she had read the papers over and over again. The words were blurring before her eyes. I need to DO something! she thought with exasperation. Ugh, there's so much info in here... I hope I'll be ready for the trial tomorrow!

Cae stood up in her seat and walked around the aisles of the theatre, rereading constantly. As she read, she wondered about something; did they really use a real gun on stage? Not a prop gun? She shook her head, realizing that she was confusing herself with blurred data.

She shrugged; maybe it would be a good idea to walk backstage, see if anything stuck out. At the very least, she hoped to clear her thoughts a little.

Caelestis walked up the steps to the stage and immediately went behind the curtains one stage right (well, it was on her left... but actors did it from their point of view, or so she remembered). She looked backstage, narrowing her eyes to the dim light.

((you said the prop gun wasn't found... uh, little confused, did a guess. If I'm off, please correct me! :payne: ))
NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles
Daughter of Xero and Mystic Mina. Sister of Lana & Ulala

In Justice We Trust

((The prop gun was switched with a real gun at some point. The real gun was confiscated shortly after the murder, but the prop gun (the one that was supposed to be used for the performance) has yet to be found. It may have been hidden, or even disposed of.))

((okey dokey. That's what I figured. Sorry!
Anyway, how do you want this to work? Should I say what I'm looking for or where I'm looking?))
NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles

In Justice We Trust

((This is where the map comes in handy. I can give more details on locations as you go. Right now, you just went backstage, right?))

Seeing no one in the hall, Rehg decides to head up to the stage where the murder occurred. as he nears the stage he can hear someone moving around behind the curtain. "Hello? is someone there?"

((Uh-huh, I'm currently backstage on stage right))

Caelestis jumped. Ack! Who else is here? Her heart racing, she quickly and deftly peaked out from one of the side curtains, trying to decipher who was there before giving her position. She scrunched her eyes, trying to make out a person. Figuring he wasn't anybody dangerous, at least, she made herself open on the stage.

"Yes, my name is Detective Caelestis Atra. I'm currently in a middle of an investigation, if you don't mind," Cae said as politely, but hurriedly, as possible. She raised an eyebrow. "Wait a minute... are you helping the new prosecutor?" she asked, remembering seeing the man's face in her files. She whipped out her cheat sheet and nodded. "Mr. Ular, was it?"

((sorry if I got your last name wrong. I forgot what it was :payne:
General: after this introduction, Cae's going straight back where she was! lol))

(you spelled it right) "Yep! im Rehg Ular nice to meet you. I guess you have already met with my boss? weird guy eh? Anyway I was just wondering if i could ask you a few things?"

abort your toast.

A muscle in Spikes' right temple twitched as he was struck by the sudden desire to lower Rehg's paycheck.

and correct his terrible grammar.

"Ehrm," Cae hesitated. She really wanted to get backstage to begin more investigation, but she hoped this man's questions would be quick.

"S-sure, hopefully I can help," she answered, holding up the files. "About three other detectives before me took this case and all of them suddenly left. My boss kind of threw me a loop here by giving this case to me so suddenly." Caelestis sighed, attempting a smile. "Anyhow, enough of that. What is it you wanted to know?"

"Since I have only recently joined the case, I have yet to see what has been found other than the basics: the murder weapon and so on. But I was wondering if you have found anything yet. Specifically in the defendants room?"

(In case of any confusion this is not my original question.)

((I'm sorry, I should've answered this before. Sorry sorry sorry. It's been hectic in real life, but I see a breaking very soon, so I should be able to dedicate more time to this))

Caelestis grumbled as she shifted through files on info found in the Defendant's room. She realized the man before was probably getting impatient from all of her disorganization and foggy mind.
"Um," she mumbled. I'm sorry, you're going to have to wait a second on that one."

((give me two minutes. Just realized something I should've thought of two weeks ago :sadshoe: ))

"Oh, finally," Caelestis sighed. "So stupid... I should've looked here first..." she continued to grumble before speaking.
"According to this only the program was discovered. But the defense probably has that. Otherwise..." she furrowed her eyebrows. "I got nothing."

((if that's wrong, please correct me. I can handle this, don't worry. I'm just new and encountered too much stress this last fornight))

(its ok) "Are you sure that was the only thing in the Defendants room? Oh! I just remembered something of potential importance that I wanted to ask you. I was wondering if you knew anything about Richards daughter?"

Caelestis shrugged, crestfallen. "I'm afraid probably not much more than you do." Cae fiddled with her files and brought one of Important People papers to the front. "She's 23 years old and the daughter of the defendant. She studies music at the Ivy University. She reportedly heard the gunshot, but did not see it," Cae pattered on, monotonously. She raised an eyebrow as she studied the notes in front of her.

"Strange. I do not believe she's been interviewed yet. Unless I'm mistaken..." Caelestis trailed softly.

((If any above is incorrect or I should know more info, let me know, General))

In Justice We Trust

((The map has been expanded to include Ivy University and Hedera Theater (an auditorium there). I have alerted the users playing the roles of Michelle Glinkirev and Dana Papadopoulou that they will likely be needed soon.))

Always a hostile witness

Derek sat at his desk, going over the notes on the table. He had a great idea of what was going on with this case. Any weapon that the prosecution could throw at him would be cut down very easily.

But there weren't things outside of the realm of possibility. Whether or not death was intended, the fact that Richard pulled the trigger was disconcerting. The only way his client would be able to lead a normal life, or at least a normal life as far as an opera singer who wore goofy costumes did, would be to catch the real killer.

Derek had an idea of who it could be, but he needed to eliminate other suspects. He grabbed his blazer and headed back out.

"Let's see. The person I really need to speak to is Ms. Rosaldi or Mr. Smetak. But Issac had no luck in finding them. I'm going to talk with the daughter.

...The fuck?

((Matt, I found Rosaldi, remember? It was Woodman and Smetak that wouldn't answer me.))

"Ah ok. that is very helpful. thanks detective i hope your investigation goes well." Rehg heads off the stage, and heads back to the hallway. Pulling out his cell, he calls up his boss to tell him what he has found out.

abort your toast.

klink........klink..........klink..........
Still in deep thought, Spikes Mailliw raised one eyelid when he heard his cell go off, playing what sounded like No More Riot. he flipped it open.

"Spikes Mailliw." He rasped, already bored.

Caelestis nodded, smiling, happy that she seemed to have genuinely helped somebody out. Now, that he's gone... she thought with a smirk.

She walked back to the downstage right curtain, planning to work her way upstage, through the overpass, and towards the downstage left curtain. Cae hoped to maybe find something misplaced... something a fresh set of eyes could see easily, perhaps...

((General: if you want me to be more specific in what I'm looking for, let me know))

"Hey boss!" Rehg said in an annoyingly cheery voice "I just found out a little bit about Richards daughter. Apparently, she is a music student at Ivy University. I figured you and i should head over there and check things out."

abort your toast.

(He could have gone by himself. what does he think this is, a picnic?)

"Well done. I'll meet you there."

He walked to the main office of Ivy University and talked with administration.

"I'm looking for Michelle Glinkirev."
He flashed his badge carelessly.

In Justice We Trust

"Today's a reading period, so I can't say for sure where she is. My guess is somewhere around Hedera Theater."

abort your toast.

"Thanks"

After a brief walk to the theatre, Spikes fiddled with a few doors until he found one he could unlock from the outside using his claw. He entered and glanced in a few rooms, realizing that he didn't really know where to look. So he knocked on the main theatre door (very loudly) and hoped someone helpful would respond, since he heard the proceedings of a musical on the other side.

He also wondered where Rehg was, since he was the one to tell him to come here in the first place.

Rehg headed over to the university. He was about to ask the main office where the theater is, but just then saw Spikes walk towards one of the campus building. He follows his boss and calls out "Boss! hey Boss!" but Spikes apparently doesn't hear him. so he walks up behind him and taps him on the shoulder.
Page 8 of 11 [ 408 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House