Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House

Page 2 of 3[ 90 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: BL-29: Turnabout Slugger (Day 1 - Investigation)Topic%20Title

Solarius `hrm'd` under his breath as he stared at the crime scene, glancing around at the other parts of the scene. There was something that he was missing...some pivotal clue that he just was not seeing, for whatever reason, and that infuriated him. He hated being in the dark on these kind of things. "Okay Solar...just breathe..." he spoke aloud to himself, his eyes flickering over the scene, his mind going through all those involved with the case.

Jacob had been found unconscious with the victim. He'd had a blow to the back of his head, which was the likely cause. But the victim wasn't strong enough to knock him out with a single blow, though she shouldn't have a reason to have done so. She was attracted to Jacob...and wanted to claim him for herself? No, no. That didn't make sense. Then again he wasn't an obsessed fangirl.

"Okay...let's assume nothing and start back from the beginning. Why did this woman seek out Jacob?" Assumptions were a path that led down the road to an improper conviction...and he couldn't have that. Maybe he owed her money? Or she was a skeleton from his closet? Someone that he'd wronged in the past, perhaps? But even so, given the stature of the woman, despite the fact that there were her fingerprints on it, she couldn't have been the one to knock him out. There had to be a third party involved...but who was it?

Licensed Smartass

Veronica stared at Samuel for a long moment. "Is that really a question you want to ask, Mr McGreggor?" She asked quietly. "If I say 'yes' will it condemn Jacob? If I say 'no' will it clear his name? Will my answer help you prove anything at all?" Veronica straightened her glasses. "I do not tolerate foolishness and inefficiency in my team, I certainly won't tolerate it during this murder investigation."
So, I've been giving this egg business a shot. Click for glory!

Spoiler: Eggs and Hatchlings
Image Image Image Image Image

"Terribly sorry I just want my case to be solid and have no room for doubt"
An awkward silence settled and Samuel raced through his mind trying to come up with a reasonable question.
"Erm did you hear or see anything suspicious before the incident? did you even hear anything during the incident?"
He internally breathed a sigh of relief that he finally came up with something and you couldn't fault him for that.......Thankfully.
Nothing.

Licensed Smartass

Backpedaling, at least he did that reasonably well. Veronica sighed. "Only what I've told you, nothing else. There may of been some noises when the girl broke in, but I didn't pay them any notice. Miss Beaker was very... vigorous with the things she did, but I was busy working."

Samuel thought for a moment 'How did she get in?' He wasnt too sure, this place was supposed to be locked down tight after games so as the players couldnt be stalked by fans.
He made a mental note to investagate that the second he left this office, speaking of which.
"Right well thank you for your time" Samuel pulled a card out of his pocket "Here is my card with all my numbers call me if you remember something extra that you think I should know"
And with that he got up and left the office..
Once out of there he sighed, He didn't feel like doing any investigating anymore.
He looked left, that led to the crime scene, He looked right, that led outside the stadium.
"Fuck it I can get someone to do it for me"
He turned right and walked outside the stadium.
When he got outside he saw detective Raine leaning against a wall smoking.
"Solarius!" he shouted "I'm going home for the day find out how the victim got into the stadium and tell me everything you find i'll see you at the trial tommorrow!"
He walked away before the detective had the chance to reply..
Nothing.

Licensed Smartass

"Oh dear." Veronica said after the prosecutor left. She did hope the attorney she hired would make a better impression. After a moment, she bent over her desk once again, and began to sift through her paper work. She still had work to do. More of it in fact.

'One who should not exist..'

After threwing a few fastballs, Alan got himself some water. He was thirsty. Alan sightend. 'This is going to be a long day..' he said to himself.

Solarius grunted as he looked over the evidence again, frowning. "Well...I suppose if she got ahold of that pipe...she'd have a decent shot of knocking him out. But what I don't understand is why," he muttered. Glancing down at his information, he saw that, according to the autopsy report, the victim died almost immediately. "If that's the case, she likely wouldn't have the strength to hit him after he stabbed her...unless hitting him was the last desperate action," he mused, scratching the side of his jaw. "Nearly immediately could mean up to a minute...which is more than enough time pick up a pipe and play whack-a-pitcher..."

With a sigh, the man rubbed one of his temples. He hated cases where the facts weren't clear-cut. Arresting the wrong person was always one of his biggest fears, and now he wasn't quite as sure that the defendant was the murderer. "If he was struck first, he'd have the time to turn and stab her before the concussion got to him. But if he stabbed her first...then not only would she probably not have the time, but he was hit from behind. Why would he be facing away from her? First-time murderers are normally in a state of shock when they watch the blood and body, especially if it's a crime of passion, which this seems to be." Solarius paused, deciding that it was far more likely that she struck him first. "...I need a cigarette."

Outside, he breathed in the sweet taste of cancer only once before Samuel opened the door, obviously on his way out. "Veronica pissed ya off, eh?" he called after the man, as he walked, seeming quite furious. At the prosecutor's outburst, he simply shrugged. It was his job to examine the crime scene and the witnesses and get all the information; it was just the prosecutor's job to use it in court. Normally they tagged along to get a first-hand experience with it all, but it wasn't necessary. "I'll let ya know what I dig up, Sam!" he called after the man, smirking.

With a final drag on the cigarette, he put out the butt in the public ash tray before heading back inside, letting out a breath of nicotine-infused smoke.

((Sorry. Some personal things came up, but I will be able to post reguarly now!))

Sylvia eyed Solarius as he re-entered the stadium.
“No smoking in the stadium sir!” she spouted, back to her normal stature, with no tears in sight.
She watched as Solarius raised his hands in a confused gesture, showing he had left his ciggerate outside..
“As vice-president of the cleaning department in this here stadium, I’d advise you to PLEASE, make sure that the previouse and further "smokes" of your's make it into designated ash trays. If you refuse to do so, I’m required to write you up.” Sylvia, had overcome her senseless crying, and wasn’t going to but up with any shenanigans today.

Samuel held the steering wheel with a death grip.
"Is that really a question you want to ask Mr McGreggor?"
"Myers is my Maiden name"
"One question at a time"
The words of Veronica ran through his mind angering him even further.
"That bitch! how dare she do that to me! who the hell could find her attractive enough to marry that monster!?"
'the defendant McGreggor' replied his mind.
"OF COURSE!!!" He screamed, slamming down on the brakes causing the cars behind him to immediately break too.
"The defendant! if there is anyway I can contribute to this investigation it's by questioning the defendant!"
Samuel turned his car around and headed straight for the detention center.

At the detention center he flashed his badge to the police officer and told him the name of the person he wanted to see.
"Interrogation room 5 sir" responded the police officer.
"Thanks" Mumbled Samuel and headed into the interrogation room and waited for them to bring out Jacob Hudson.
Nothing.

Always a hostile witness

Prison was a dreadfully quiet thing, Jacob thought to himself. There was nothing to do except be questioned, and the questioning was not fun. After all, they just wanted him to say he was guilty.

But he wasn't. Jacob Hudson knew he wasn't guilty. If they could get this over with quickly, he could get back to the field. He missed his teammates and buddies.

An officer came to Jake's cell, and told him he was being summoned for interrogation. Without a word, the brusque officer led him into the interrogation room.

"Mr Hudson" said Samuel, as business like as he could manage. "My name is Samuel McGreggor I will be prosecuting your case tomorrow so I would like to ask you a few questions. Please sit"Samuel sat down and looked at Jacob, He didn't look like the kind of person that killed people but then again most people who killed people didn't look like they killed people, if that makes sense.
"First question. Did you kill her?"
Nothing.

Always a hostile witness

"N...No!" Jacob shouted. "I didn't!"

Samuel sniffed "Indeed", His response did seem honest.
"Second question tell me everything you know of the victim"
Nothing.

Always a hostile witness

"I...I don't know her!" Jacob shouted. "She's just some weird superfan who can't get enough. She breaks into the stadium, steals my stuff. I can't count the number of times security had to drag her off. Veronica and I had to file a restraining order against her. Nothing seemed to calm her down."

" I see" replied Samuel.
"Surely she said things to you? what were the kind of things she would say?"
Nothing.

Always a hostile witness

"Nothing interesting. Just I love you, and squealing my name over and over, asking me to sleep with her, all sorts of stuff. Nothing I've ever done, mind you. She's just some, I don't know, baseball groupie." Jacob answered.

"That is strange indeed, What could she find attractive about a married baseball player......No offence of course"
Samuel decided to write that info into his notebook.
"So it's safe to say you were at your wits end with her. Tell me about the night of the murder where were you before it happened also could you tell me where Mr Hodge during all of this?"
Nothing.

Always a hostile witness

"Well, I've been pretty successful. And some chicks just love celebrities, I guess. Even married ones." Jacob spoke dismissively. He had never spoken anything shy of "Get away from me" to that girl, and some people just didn't take the hint. Perhaps "groupie" was the most accurate word."

"After the baseball game, I stopped off in Veronica's office, then I dashed into the locker room to get away from that crazy chick, where I tried to wait her out until she left. Once everyone else had gone, I tried to make my way outside, and all of a sudden, wham, something hit me or something. Next thing I know, I'm on the floor surrounded by cops. I never even touched her. As for Alan, well, I don't really know. My little buddy and I hadn't spoken since after the game."

"Wait so your saying that you DIDN'T fight with the victim!?" This was indeed interesting.
Nothing.

Always a hostile witness

"No. Well, not really." Jacob became nervous. "When I was headed back from Veronica's, I ran into her and she grabbed onto me. All I did was get that chick off of me. Then I went into the locker room. Nothing happened! She was fine when I left. Still crazy, but fine!"

Samuel narrowed his eyes, The story he just told was a lie.
"Was there anyone in the locker room when you went in? or anything suspicious?"
Nothing.

Always a hostile witness

"N...no." Jacob returned. "There was nothing or no one there. The other guys had all gotten changed and stuff while I was in Veronica's office, I guess."

Samuel held his neutral expression, Jacob was lying but he was going to see how much he could lie.
"I assume that you have been told about why they arrested you so how do you explain the fingerprints on the knife?"
Nothing.

Always a hostile witness

"Well, it's mine." Jacob replied. "But I left it in Veronica's office, I swear! She has this stuck drawer and sometimes she uses it to force it open. I helped her get it open, and I guess I left it there. I didn't hurt her, I wouldn't!"

"Indeed, so did you know where Sylvia Steel was during this?"
Nothing.

Guy that mostly RPs as a girl.

"I dunno... I guess she was cleaning or somethin'. " Jacob replied. "I really don't know where she was I swear! All I could see was the inside of the locker room!"
FUH-RIIIEEEED CHICKIIIIN!!!

Wait- dat an ewg!

Image Image Image
Click on mah drag(on), mah drag(on) is amazing!
I don't think I should continue this song.

I'm going to nom nom you!

"very good" said Samuel, standing up.
"Well I suppose that's all I want to know from you right now but before I go is there anything that you want to tell me? anything at all concerning this case, even the most trivial detail can change everything you know."
Nothing.

Jacob hestitated a second before answering. "Y- Well... there's... one thing. About the murder weapon, the knife. I... it is mine' but I left it at Veronica's office... That thing should have someone else's or something else's fingerprints on it... right?"

Wait- dat an ewg!

Image Image Image

"Indeed it should" replied Samuel "But it does not have any other ones than yours" he said solemnly.
"Mr Hudson I am a fair man and I will prosecute this case not to find you guilty but to find the right person guilty, If you are not the murderer then do not worry you will not be found guilty. If on the other hand you did commit this murder I will not hesitate to send you away but regardless of all that I promise you that the trial will be fair"
And with that he left the room.

Outside he made a call to Solarius.
"You have reached the voicemail of Solarius Raine please leave a message after the tone BLEEP"
"Detective it's Samuel, listen forget what I told you earlier about finding out hpw the victim got in I now need you to prove that there was a fight in the locker room and that the witness really did see the defendant kill her. This is vital we really need this to win the case. Bye"
Nothing.

After the proscecutor left Jacob was almost immediately taken in for questioning again. Would this ever be over? Could he ever be with his wife again?

Wait- dat an ewg!

Image Image Image

sig+avi made by krazykaro

(this is probely the first and the last post from me between now and nezt thursday, i have a test week and i have to study very hard)

(this is my first time being on a trial, so i have no idea if the defendant knows if i'm his attorney or if i have to find him)

rian woke up, looked at her clock ''oh no! i overslept!''
she got up dressed up and went to her office
''and now wait for a case to come''
proud daughter of Romeo and krazykaro
brothers:Tap and Jaron sister:P!ATD
engaged to Donald Serrot

Licensed Smartass

(Technically you were already hired, we'll just play out your hiring and then move on to investigation. You could ask Veronica some questions about the case.)

Veronica walked Rian's office, carefully examining each nook and cranny. Then she took in the lawyer in front of her. "You are madam... Rian, yes?" She asked, her eyes flicking over the bow in her hair. "I would like to hire you to defend my husband in a murder trial. I've been told that you're fairly good at these sorts of cases."

Jacob got realeased from questioning almost 2 hours later. That took long! They asked about a lot of stuff! Now he was in the same visitors cell again... What a disaster!

Wait- dat an ewg!

Image Image Image

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

{{Testing, testing... I got your message.}}

Rarikou opened hismail, "Bills...bills...Defense request...more bills... wait... what?"

Rarikou shifted back through his mail..."Defense requseted, come to the detention center..."

Rarikou smiled, "If they say so."

He went to the dention center to see his new client.
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion
Time to feed the sandwitch and eat the baby!

"O-oh.. Hi.. Who are you?" Jacob said nervously. "Are you... you know?"

Wait- dat an ewg!

Image Image Image

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

Rarikou, ace attorney." Rarikou said, "I'm here to prove you innocent.
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion

"That's what I thought... You have any questions or something?" Jacob said while he scratched the back of his head.

Wait- dat an ewg!

Image Image Image

The Heir to the Planet

"Sure do." Rarikou said, 'For example... why should I believe your innocent? Why were you suspected? Tell me your story."

"W-well..." Jacob began, "This girl was always following me right? Well she did get in a kind of struggle with me 'cause she just wanted to hold on to me!" Jacob seemed to shiver for a split second. "But I managed to get loose and get into the dressing room! And after quite some time I decided to just leave the room convinced that she would be gone and..." Jacob scratched the back of his head. "Someone or -thing hit me on the back of my head and after I came to she was already dead. So I couldn't have done it! Please believe me man!"

Wait- dat an ewg!

Image Image Image

Page 2 of 3 [ 90 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials » Court House