Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 1 of 1[ 4 posts ]

A thread left loose in 2-4 [Spoilers]Topic%20Title

^_^

Normally, all cases in the Phoenix Wright involve some sort of backstory that is answered some time later (either at the end of a case, or later in the series). This was demonstrated many times. But, there IS one thing that's always looming in the back of my head whenever I play through 2-4. I play through the last trial day, in where you're trying to establish who De Killer's client is. Franziska bursts in at a pivotal moment, and presents to the judge three pieces of evidence.

The first two pieces have no bearing on my question, so I'll leave them alone. The third piece of evidence, however, is where my question lies.

Franziska presents a Bellboy's Uniform, which she can almost guarantee was the uniform worn during the exchange of the toy bear (and, subsequently, the murder). She also adds that there was one button missing, and that "It would provide an interesting clue" or something along those lines.

So, to wrap up my long babble session, I ask:

What is it with this evidence? Is it just a red herring, made to frustrate the player? Or does it (and Franny's statement) have some kind of meaning?

:scratch: :sob: :megaphone: :zap: :onamida:
Re: A thread left loose in 2-4 [Spoilers]Topic%20Title

no, nothing

I'm fairly sure that that's just there to confuse people. I know it confused me- especially when presenting the tape netted you the same first frame of dialogue that the other two pieces of evidence did. I tried the uniform first, got the "no!" spiel, then tried the tape and got the same first frame of dialogue, etc.

But basically, yeah, IIRC back on the old forums we discussed this and came to the conclusion that the uniform and, subsequently, Franny's statements, were red herrings. Fairly mean ones at that, too.

Story writer and music lover.

It just exists. That's all.
--Millini (Official CR Rock Prince and Gavinism convert.)

In my opinion, I think Franziska isn't caught up with everyone else. She's been absent from most of the trial, so it figures that she wouldn't know that everyone else is trying to pinpoint Engarde to being the client, and instead thinks everyone is trying to figure out who killed Juan Corrida.

But that's just my thoughts.
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)