Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

Edgeworth's values: a hypothetical problem (2-4 SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Prosecutor

2-4 SPOILERS AHEAD

So, Edgeworth's big on the idea of the Truth being more important than anything else. Fair enough. Let's suppose he were placed in a position similar to Phoenix's in 2-4.

Let's suppose some Mafia goons kidnapped Franziska. Their condition for her survival? That he throw a case, and let a murderer go. By Double Jeopardy, he could never touch that killer again. Would he do it to save Franziska? If so, what would that say about his values?

I think that he actually would, which at least means he's not a hypocrite - and Franziska would be even harder on him than Maya if he let a guilty person go just to save her life!

But what if the person were only guilty of attempted murder?

What about robbery?

Littering?

I think, sooner or later, Edgeworth would have to bend on this one. I could be wrong, though. Comments?
Re: Edgeworth's values: a hypothetical problem (2-4 SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

PsychoDahlia?!

FerdieLance wrote:
2-4 SPOILERS AHEAD

So, Edgeworth's big on the idea of the Truth being more important than anything else. Fair enough. Let's suppose he were placed in a position similar to Phoenix's in 2-4.

Let's suppose some Mafia goons kidnapped Franziska. Their condition for her survival? That he throw a case, and let a murderer go. By Double Jeopardy, he could never touch that killer again. Would he do it to save Franziska? If so, what would that say about his values?

I think that he actually would, which at least means he's not a hypocrite - and Franziska would be even harder on him than Maya if he let a guilty person go just to save her life!

What about robbery?

Littering?

I think, sooner or later, Edgeworth would have to bend on this one. I could be wrong, though. Comments?

Hmm, yes, you might be right... I think he would have to make a very hard decision either way.

"Franziska would be even harder on him than Maya if he let a guilty person go just to save her life!"

I doubt this would be true, as Franziska has no problems forging evidence and framing people(even when she knew they were innocent). She would be waaay more concerned about her own life than getting a correct verdict. I mean, who knows how many innocent people she has sent to death...
Thanks C.Gholy for my earth-shattering wallpaper, and .•°٭blinq٭°•. for this amazingly wonderful signature!

i feel pretty

The Red Dahlia wrote:
FerdieLance wrote:
2-4 SPOILERS AHEAD

What about robbery?

Littering?

Hmm, yes, you might be right... I think he would have to make a very hard decision either way.

"Franziska would be even harder on him than Maya if he let a guilty person go just to save her life!"

I doubt this would be true, as Franziska has no problems forging evidence and framing people(even when she knew they were innocent). She would be waaay more concerned about her own life than getting a correct verdict. I mean, who knows how many innocent people she has sent to death...

Actually, I think he means that she'd be mad at him for lsoing the case.

Two more games coming up soon

Considering that this is a game, he'd take a third option, because that's what always happens in fiction. He'd try to find a clever way to prosecute the culprit while still saving Franziska.
For instance, if we're talking about the mafia, he could always strike a deal with the defendant : let him go and offer him protection in exchange for secret testimony against his boss. The mafia would have no choice but to release Franziska... then Edgeworth would betray the culprit by anonymously revealing to one of the goons that he's a snitch. You know what happens next...
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

I think that Edgeworth understood a bit how Phoenix felt because there was alot of moment where he could have got a guilty verdict. Both Phoenix and Edgy knew the truth but still Edgy let the Trial prolong.
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)