Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

Adrian Andrews and Matt Engarde (SPOILERS 2-4)Topic%20Title

Good 'til the last drop.

When you first go to see Matt in jail he says he is calling his manager. after the talks to her you find out she said he could use a lawyer and she was looking for a good one.
Spoiler: 2-4
but why would Adrian want him to have a good lawyer if she was trying to set him up and get convicted?

By Lind_L_Tailor^
Creator and head guy thing of the Ace Attorney Awards! Come vote to help end meaningless debates! With style. :butzthumbs:
:damon:
^^ Click The Gant!
Re: Adrian Andrews and Matt Engarde (SPOILERS 2-4)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

Well, to be fair, we don't know that Matt actually called anybody. That was a part of his "I'm so helpless and stupid" act. He could easily have been faking the call and he wouldn't want to tip his hand to Phoenix. Besides, even if he did call her (which I'd say is doubtful), she was playing the dutiful and competent manager. Doing nothing would ruin that image.
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25

~~

What Mia said. :yogi:
♥Twatanorm♥
Signature by blinq

Mia_Fey wrote:
Well, to be fair, we don't know that Matt actually called anybody. That was a part of his "I'm so helpless and stupid" act. He could easily have been faking the call and he wouldn't want to tip his hand to Phoenix. Besides, even if he did call her (which I'd say is doubtful), she was playing the dutiful and competent manager. Doing nothing would ruin that image.

Actually, when you visit Adrian in the hotel room after talking to Matt, she mentions soething about not being able to find a lawyer for herself. So, while it may be true that Matt never actually calls anyone, it's definitely true that Adrian was looking for a lawyer.

But remember, at this point, we were supposed to think that Adrian was the murderer. Also, she changed the crime scene to set up Matt for the murder, and if I remember right, she told Franziska about this (because I remember Franziska told her not to say anything about it). So she probably needed a lawyer to protect herself. And if Phoenix was her lawyer, that case would have gone A LOT differently.

Eep! Gargle...

I doubt that ridiculous phone-watch thing actually works.

Especially when he says: "I'm consulting myself"

Mia_Fey wrote:

Dimensional Traveler

My opinion is that we as the audience didn't know Matt's true nature or who is manager was at that point in the case. A lot of things don't reveal themselves until after that. :evil:
This is the awsomest GIF I've seen in my life.
ImageImage

Friction, baby! - Keith Richards

Burninator wrote:
When you first go to see Matt in jail he says he is calling his manager. after the talks to her you find out she said he could use a lawyer and she was looking for a good one.
but why would Adrian want him to have a good lawyer if she was trying to set him up and get convicted?

1. Because it's her job.
2. She thinks Phoenix is incompetent.
3. She thinks it won't matter. There's too much evidence against Matt.
4. What kind of message would it send if Adrian told Phoenix, "I'm looking for a lousy lawyer so that son of a bitch will get put away forever!"
5. Like it's been said, we don't know if Matt actually called anybody. Or if he talked to Adrian about what he said he did.

Spoiler: Short Smilie Comic
-ring-
:adrian: : Hello?
:mattphone: : It's me again.
:adrian-crunch: : -sigh- What now?
:matt: : I just called to say "I Love You".
:adrian: : Ha ha ha. Bullshit.
:enguard!: : Yeah, you're right. Bye!
-click-
:glasses: : URRRGGHH! I HATE HIM!
:evil: : Heh heh heh.
:nick: : What was that?
:matt: : Nothing, dude.

ImageThanks to Lind_L_Tailor for the badass sig! :neil:
ImageImage
ImageImage

~The Phantom Racer~

BlackJack wrote:
Burninator wrote:

1. Because it's her job.
2. She thinks Phoenix is incompetent.
3. She thinks it won't matter. There's too much evidence against Matt.
4. What kind of message would it send if Adrian told Phoenix, "I'm looking for a lousy lawyer so that son of a bitch will get put away forever!"
5. Like it's been said, we don't know if Matt actually called anybody. Or if he talked to Adrian about what he said he did.

Spoiler: Short Smilie Comic
-ring-
:adrian: : Hello?
:mattphone: : It's me again.
:adrian-crunch: : -sigh- What now?
:matt: : I just called to say "I Love You".
:adrian: : Ha ha ha. Bullshit.
:enguard!: : Yeah, you're right. Bye!
-click-
:glasses: : URRRGGHH! I HATE HIM!
:evil: : Heh heh heh.
:nick: : What was that?
:matt: : Nothing, dude.

And maybe also to keep her image as his manager standing during the course of the investigation. Also, she didn't expect Phoenix to be that good when she first saw him, and she really didn't count on him discovering her secret, so maybe, it's just like you said, she thought Phoenix was an incompetent lawyer.

And for the smilie comic, it was funny, Matt trippin' on Adrian like that, and maybe all the time because of her reaction.
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)