Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

If Regina didn't put the note in the cafeteria...Topic%20Title

I just want to know, what do you guys think would happen if Regina kept the note, went to the plaza at the time said in the note, and Acro murdered her and she wasn't wearing Max's hat or cloak like her father was. The Ringmaster would be in the Ringmaster's room with Max, and everybody else would be where they were at the time of the muder in 2-3.
Thanks to TheBaronAndEma for the totally awesome sig and avatar!
Acro's awesome. But I like Demyx more. =D

Last edited by Steel_Python on Sun May 17, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: If Regina didn't put the note in the cafeteria...Topic%20Title

Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.

Then we would've lost a valuable, cute member of the PW squad.
Acro would probably put on trial because he's the only remotely close to her.
Or Moe.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
Even if she hadn't kept the note, she didn't know "the murderer" referred to her, and wouldn't have shown up.

Also, 2-3 isn't a very good "what if...?" case, since the entire thing is basically one huge coincidence.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Steel_Python wrote:
I just want to know, what do you guys think would happen if Regina kept the note, went to the plaza at the time said in the note, and Acro murdered her and she wasn't wearing Max's hat or cloak like her father was. The Ringmaster would be in the Ringmaster's room with Max, and everybody else would be where they were at the time of the muder in 2-3.

In the quote I wrote, I said "...went to the plaza at the time said in the note..." I didn't mean would she go or not, I mean who would be put on trial and that kind of stuff...

Also, the murder itself was planned, even if the Ringmaster wasn't Acro's target. I don't think it just happened.

1000% Knight

1. Nobody. Regina would probably say "What is this strange box? Oh well" and walk away.
2. Acro. Max was only arrested b/c Russell was wearing Max's cloak, which latched onto the bust and made Moe think it was Max. But Regina wouldn't have the box, so Moe would see the bust and everyone would know what happened, and with Acro on the 3rd floor he would've been the only one who could've done it.

Thanks Vickinator for the Sexy Avi ;D

It isn't exactly a good what-if case, that's true, but maybe she would have died :keiko:. If she was smart enough to realize that the note actually referred to her, that is >.>.

1000% Knight

She would only have died if she tried to pick up the box--and I doubt she would've.

Plus Ben and Trilo were waiting at the entrance to the plaza; Trilo was about to propose and prevent her from getting in with all that marriage business.

Prosecutor

Given this case's nature, there'd probably be an equally bizarre set of circumstances.

... okay. How did this happen? I start to write a short post, and I end up writing a large section of an AU trial. That is, three testimonies and several choice points! Thanks to the topic starter for inspiration, anyway.

Excerpts:

The Phantom Turnabout

"I can't believe you'd kill your own brother to protect her...
They'll call me crazy if I say so, but I'd swear I saw you!
Will you hate me if I tell them the truth?
... if I tell them that the killer was
your ghost?"

Victim: Ken "Acro" Dingling
Cause of Death: Trauma from a blow to the head
Defendant: Regina Berry

Apparent circumstances of the crime:

Circus performer Ken Dingling was found dead in the snow outside his room, a heavy wooden box lying near his head. The victim's wheelchair sat by his third-floor window, directly above, leading the investigating detective to conclude that he was pushed. The witness who spotted the body, Lawrence "Moe" Curls, gathered together all of the circus crew before the police arrived, but Regina Berry, the defendant, could not be found.

As Curls had seen Ms. Berry enter the lodging house before the murder, there was only one place she could have been. Detective Gumshoe therefore broke into the victim's locked room, and found Ms. Berry inside, unconscious, the mark of some flat-edged or rectangular blunt object on her temple. Upon waking up, the defendant claimed memory loss. But not only were her fingerprints all over the handles of the wooden box, a search revealed a decisive piece of evidence on her person, a note from the deceased threatening to expose her as a murderer.

If this weren't enough, the victim could not have gotten down the stairs to let anyone else into his apartment unaided... and the defendant was the only other person with a key. Therefore, only the defendant could have pushed him out the window.

The Prosecution's Theory:

After finding the fatal note, Regina went to confront Acro, fearing that he would reveal her role in Bat's death and turn Max, her suitor, against her. Little did she know that the witness, Mr. Lawrence Curls, saw her enter the Lodging House. Inside, she met Mr. Ken Dingling, who had been waiting by the window, watching her approach. It was then that he foolishly showed her the fatal box of evidence.

Ms. Regina Berry panicked. She charged at the victim, trying to wrest the box from his iron grip, to no avail. Then, she had a murderous masterstroke. Instead of pulling on the box, she
pushed, and the impulse threw Acro so off-balance that he fell backwards through the window, and met his end!

But the defendant's luck failed her then, for as the victim fell backwards through the window, he dealt a crushing blow to her forehead, knocking her unconscious and leaving her alone at the scene of the crime: a locked apartment to which only she had the key!

Any comments so far? Is the real answer too obvious? think I'll post a semi-interactive version, using spoiler tags for choice points, in the Present Testimony section.

1000% Knight

Heh. This is a lot better than just having Regina get killed :P

Spoiler:
I'm reminded of Acro's "I couldn't look out the window or I'd fall out!" line... No idea how Regina got into Acro's room with blunt trauma, though.

Bad Player wrote:
Heh. This is a lot better than just having Regina get killed :P

Spoiler:
I'm reminded of Acro's "I couldn't look out the window or I'd fall out!" line... No idea how Regina got into Acro's room with blunt trauma, though.

I second that.

FerdieLance wrote:
Given this case's nature, there'd probably be an equally bizarre set of circumstances.

... okay. How did this happen? I start to write a short post, and I end up writing a large section of an AU trial. That is, three testimonies and several choice points! Thanks to the topic starter for inspiration, anyway.

Excerpts:

The Phantom Turnabout

"I can't believe you'd kill your own brother to protect her...
They'll call me crazy if I say so, but I'd swear I saw you!
Will you hate me if I tell them the truth?
... if I tell them that the killer was
your ghost?"

Victim: Ken "Acro" Dingling
Cause of Death: Trauma from a blow to the head
Defendant: Regina Berry

Apparent circumstances of the crime:

Circus performer Ken Dingling was found dead in the snow outside his room, a heavy wooden box lying near his head. The victim's wheelchair sat by his third-floor window, directly above, leading the investigating detective to conclude that he was pushed. The witness who spotted the body, Lawrence "Moe" Curls, gathered together all of the circus crew before the police arrived, but Regina Berry, the defendant, could not be found.

As Curls had seen Ms. Berry enter the lodging house before the murder, there was only one place she could have been. Detective Gumshoe therefore broke into the victim's locked room, and found Ms. Berry inside, unconscious, the mark of some flat-edged or rectangular blunt object on her temple. Upon waking up, the defendant claimed memory loss. But not only were her fingerprints all over the handles of the wooden box, a search revealed a decisive piece of evidence on her person, a note from the deceased threatening to expose her as a murderer.

If this weren't enough, the victim could not have gotten down the stairs to let anyone else into his apartment unaided... and the defendant was the only other person with a key. Therefore, only the defendant could have pushed him out the window.

The Prosecution's Theory:

After finding the fatal note, Regina went to confront Acro, fearing that he would reveal her role in Bat's death and turn Max, her suitor, against her. Little did she know that the witness, Mr. Lawrence Curls, saw her enter the Lodging House. Inside, she met Mr. Ken Dingling, who had been waiting by the window, watching her approach. It was then that he foolishly showed her the fatal box of evidence.

Ms. Regina Berry panicked. She charged at the victim, trying to wrest the box from his iron grip, to no avail. Then, she had a murderous masterstroke. Instead of pulling on the box, she
pushed, and the impulse threw Acro so off-balance that he fell backwards through the window, and met his end!

But the defendant's luck failed her then, for as the victim fell backwards through the window, he dealt a crushing blow to her forehead, knocking her unconscious and leaving her alone at the scene of the crime: a locked apartment to which only she had the key!

Any comments so far? Is the real answer too obvious? think I'll post a semi-interactive version, using spoiler tags for choice points, in the Present Testimony section.

Wow, this sounds like a pretty awesome case! Maybe the first quote (About killling their brother) sort of gave a bit away, but it's still really good! If you plan to keep going with what happens The Phantom Turnabout, I'd love to read it!

But if it really did happen in the game, I'd be crying for a pretty long time (Acro's my favorite character.) :larry:

Last edited by Steel_Python on Tue May 19, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr. Step-ladder

What wait? Maybe Rusell would have found the note later on. Then 2-4 would be 2-3, and 2-3 to 2-4.

I barely think Regina would think of lifting a big heavy box like that now.
Always strive to improve, not compare to others! - Arkillian
Purple Angel wins infinity cookies for this signiture! Who may come back soon!

1000% Knight

Steel_Python wrote:
But if it really did happen in the game, I'd be crying for a pretty long time (Acro's my favorite character.) :larry:

But he'd be a victim... You wouldn't have time to get to know him.

Bad Player wrote:
Steel_Python wrote:

But he'd be a victim... You wouldn't have time to get to know him.

If they replaced this case with Turnabout Big Top, then I probably wouldn't cry, 'cuz yeah, I wouldn't have known him that well.
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)