Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 1[ 32 posts ]

Godot's Fate *spoilers*Topic%20Title

addled = confused

Spoiler: 3-5
Since it has been proven that Godot was the one who killed Misty Fey, what will become of him? I'm not sure how strict they are with the death penalty in the PW universe, but Dahlia was put to death for her crimes. Of course, her crimes extended beyond just one murder. How harsh do you think Godot's punishment will be?

Re: Godot's Fate *spoilers*Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

I always imagined that he'd be sent to jail for 2nd degree murder (not premeditated- the technicality was that he didn't intend on killing Misty. It was a consequence of killing a SPIRIT in Maya's defence. This is all based upon the court understanding the medium technique of corse >.> ). It probably wouldn't be a life time sentence, but he'd have to do time on it. I'd like to think he'd get full visiting rights and that Maya would visit him alot ^^ Maybe even Phoenix ^^

The detox wouldn't be pretty. I detoxed from coffee at the beginning of the year- I was drinking 5+ coffees a day and was constantly wired up. I went cold turkey and I was the BIGGEST b@#$% under the sun till I cut to 1 per day. I'm on 2 or 3 at the moment since it's winter, but Godot was doing 17 a COURT CASE. Imagine HIM detoxing. He'd be a mess!

In any case, he'd have to be jailed- he wanted to pay for his crime.
ImageImageImageImage

AAO English community manager

In Ace Attorney Online, okappa created a trial where Edgeworth defended Godot. It was actually pretty amazing. You should play it. It proves that Godot might be innocent after all.

Chief Oldbagger

Well, my guess is second degree murder as well, with privileges.
There are some people who say he died, seeing as he was up at the top with Mia and Misty in Larry's drawing. But who knows?
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!

Waiting on Godot...

Meph wrote:
In Ace Attorney Online, okappa created a trial where Edgeworth defended Godot. It was actually pretty amazing. You should play it. It proves that Godot might be innocent after all.

Ooooh- link please :) I'm interested in seeing that :)
ImageImageImageImage

Chief Oldbagger

Arkillian wrote:
Meph wrote:

I played it. It's good...
Here's the thread for it.
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!

I just blue myself

I reckon, he should be in jail for the years from 2019 to a few years after Apollo Justice. At least, for the benefit of my series.

XLD3
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

Waiting on Godot...

Capybara wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Meph wrote:

HOLEY SH@T. I THINK I FINALLY LIKE EDGEWORTH!! He wasn't a total prat like he normally is. And Playing against Klavier- omg... they got the personalities to a T.

And it's actually a possible outcome... the writer thought about it well. I've always been content about Godot living the tragedy, but this has put a different spin on things. Okappa really thought about it. The Iris fans wont like it, but certainly I prefer this outcome!! Omg... Thank you for showing me this!! *glomps* You're full of win ^^ :regina:
ImageImageImageImage

Impossible Toupee

Somebody from off-site showed me this thread.

Meph, don't go around posting my stuff behind my back! It's embarrassing... :bellboy:

Anyway, I guess I was gonna get around to showing this to CR eventually anyway.

Glad you like it. :godot:

The last part always freezes up on me when I'm supposed to go investigate, but it's an interesting "what if?" scenerio. I don't think it's terribly likely, though.
Spoiler:
Manipulating the court system to get Godot a lighter sentence when he knows damn well Godot did it, and throwing Iris under the bus to do it, doesn't seem like something Phoenix would want, especially considering all of Nick's talk in AJ about how corrupt the legal system has become.

Speaking as an unbiased "Iris fan", of course.

Waiting on Godot...

okappa wrote:
Somebody from off-site showed me this thread.

Meph, don't go around posting my stuff behind my back! It's embarrassing... :bellboy:

Anyway, I guess I was gonna get around to showing this to CR eventually anyway.

Glad you like it. :godot:

I think I found a contradiction though-

Spoiler: contradition
How did Dahlia see Godot was Diego? It was pitch black- specially after the visor cam off :payne:

You made an Edgeworth fan out of me though :) I'm not a rabid fangirl, but I can see how he can be written in a way I like ^^
Oh- I hope you don't mind- I showed it to my friends on Deviantart... I figured it'd be ok since you had posted it on the net but I guess it's a little late to take it off now ^^; I hope it's ok.
ImageImageImageImage

Impossible Toupee

Ah, yes, that's fine. ^_^

Anyway, your contradiction has been brought up before. I have no surefire explanation, but there is evidence that it may have been possible:

Spoiler: Take that...?
When Dahlia attacked Maya, she had to have been able to see her well enough to attack. But as we know, Maya couldn't see anything but Godot's lights. This suggests that, as a spirit, Dahlia either had advanced eyesight in some way, or an advanced sense of her surroundings. She definitely could see somehow, though the reason why is still entirely unclear.

and the plot thickens

My guess was that he passed away not long after the trials after all his body was week to begin with and all that cofe he probally knew he didn't have much time left plus his heart ached for his love Mia he had come back from hell to duel with phoenix now he was ready to rise to heaven to see his beloved once again (ooh the fluff)

Capybara wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Meph wrote:

oooh that trial thing you posted looks very instresting i'm defently going to play it thank you very much

Founder of Ichimonai

Arkillian wrote:
The detox wouldn't be pretty. I detoxed from coffee at the beginning of the year- I was drinking 5+ coffees a day and was constantly wired up. I went cold turkey and I was the BIGGEST b@#$% under the sun till I cut to 1 per day. I'm on 2 or 3 at the moment since it's winter, but Godot was doing 17 a COURT CASE. Imagine HIM detoxing. He'd be a mess!

You know. I never actually thought about that. :godot:

Suicide in prison, anybody? :yogi:

What the Devil is going on here?

Suicide in prison, anybody? :yogi:[/quote]

Its definetly a possibility! But Godot being a prosocuter he would have a good connection with the police. if they won't let him have the coffee he's so devoted to in prision then maybe he could smuggle some in? In my opinion the coffee is what's keeping him alive, without it he would probably die :( :godot:

P.S first post :edgy:
~

Waiting on Godot...

Potestas wrote:
You know. I never actually thought about that. :godot:

Suicide in prison, anybody? :yogi:

Do not want!! :larry: I prefer to believe that he gets caffeine transfusions every second day, when he gets a new set of batteries put in his mask.

Ooh- Your first post Essa? Good start :) Godot threds ftw ^^ :godot:
ImageImageImageImage

What do you see behind the mask?

I still have the feeling that we already have like a dozen threads which discuss Godot's fate ... But meh, whatever.

My theory still stands: Phoenix and Edgey surely manage to get Godot less than a death verdict, most likely a decade of prison or something like that. And Godot uses that time to rethink what he's done and to fully become Diego Armando again. (At least as much as possible)

Waiting on Godot...

Yeah- time healing is good, but Diego was meant to be a tragedy. I sorta prefer not knowing in a way. It's like Maes Hughes (FMA)- some people are meant to break your heart into Fangirl peices. Would I love him so much if he weren't so tragic? I donno. Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't.

I'm a fan of tragic characters. Like MacBeth ^^ Brooding is hawt. (Do not confuse this with emo however. Brooders don't act- they recall. They're stronger for it in character to me.)
ImageImageImageImage

Founder of Ichimonai

It's part of my reason to like him, that tragedy thing of yours.

The rest being filled by his sheer awesomeness. :godot:

Hm, yes, his tragedy is an important part of why I like him, yeah. But in all the tragedy, I personally like to believe that there's a glimmer of hope. Doesn't have to be much, but at least a small glance of a positive progress to keep me enjoying the character. Too much tragedy just makes me too damn sad. :S

Zomg it's Berend

Capybara wrote:
Well, my guess is second degree murder as well, with privileges.
There are some people who say he died, seeing as he was up at the top with Mia and Misty in Larry's drawing. But who knows?

Yeah, that would be this image:

Spoiler:

So my guess would be that he is dead too... unfortunately :sadshoe:

I can only repeat what I've said somewhere else on here already:

Godot has strong personal connections with both Mia and Misty, so why shouldn't he be displayed with them? They have more in common and more parts of their past to share than the fact that they're dead.

Hetero sucks.

I had just assumed that Godot dies. I mean, isn't he always complaining about his "useless body" or how it's "falling apart," or something to that effect? The poisoning made him go into a coma and blinded him... but is it truly over? I remember him saying that it screwed up his CNS or something. Given all that's happened to him, I'm not sure recovery is very likely (the caffeine overdose definitely doesn't help). Then again, it IS the PW universe. X3 Anything can happen.

I really don't think he'd commit suicide. It seems like something he'd deem "cowardly."
Image <--- deviantArt

Founder of Ichimonai

Remember that he said that a lawyer can only cry when everything's over.

Seeing how he
Spoiler:
Cried blood in the end
, can't that be symbolical for his death?

Like Silverpaw said here: there really wasn't much reason for him to keep living other than defeating Phoenix to get revenge on Mia. (or just the Fey family seeing how he
Spoiler:
did protect Maya and helped Pearl.

Knowing that the Fey family would live on, he would think that his purpose was somehow fulfilled.

I can pretty much agree with that, but I still don't see why he should die after filling his purpose. As someone said already, I don't think he would commit suicide. And since Mia is still around somehow (not alive, but channeled), I can't imagine him vanishing somehow and leaving Mia yet again. It sounds a bit awkward, but I hope you get what I try to say.

Waiting on Godot...

I think Prison for life is pretty much over. Crying can also be a closing thing- not necessarily death of anything. IT could be more of a happy over. That's a possibility. That the story had finished, and he could rest easy.
ImageImageImageImage

Yup, that's more like what I think as well. Being in prison can't be honestly called "leading a life", but it's not death either. It kinda fills a gap between those two sides, at least emotionally.

addled = confused

Perrydotto wrote:
I can pretty much agree with that, but I still don't see why he should die after filling his purpose. As someone said already, I don't think he would commit suicide. And since Mia is still around somehow (not alive, but channeled), I can't imagine him vanishing somehow and leaving Mia yet again. It sounds a bit awkward, but I hope you get what I try to say.

I felt that the last trial (3-5) signified the end of Godot. Whether he was to be executed or if his body gave out, that he would not be coming back. I sort of feel the same way about Mia. That after the last trial, Phoenix had grown up enough as a lawyer to not need Mia's help anymore, and that Mia could finally rest in peace as it were. That's how I feel about it, but I guess there's nothing in the game to prove it.

Well, this topic is just based on our theories about the matter, and that's fine. As long as people stop saying "He's standing next to Mia and Misty in the artwork, therefor he must be dead", it's a personal exchange about feelings.
I admit that my "tragedy with a glimmer of hope" theory mostly derivates from my opinion about Godot as a whole. Something in me just can't believe that he will die soon/dies at the end/kills himself/etc. - And since there is no proof for it, I love to continue disbelieving. :3
But I have to agree with the "He has done his deed" thingy. He definitely has, and that's why I think that he'll use the time in prison to get in touch with himself (= his "real" self, the person he was and hid away behind the "Godot" identity) again. Phoenix grew up in the end, yup, but I think Godot did as well and will continue that route in prison.

Waiting on Godot...

It would be kinda poetic for Godot and Mia to be together in the afterlife though. And he'd die a hero, even though he was convicted of murder.

I do like to think that Godot can grow as a character from this though. I also believe in redemption. Diego did alot of bad things in his life. It'd be pretty selfish of him to walk off leaving world behind after that. I coudl see him adopting the Godfather position for Maya, and her visiting all the time. I think there's something more... The ending didn't satisfy me with the whole Mia x Godot thing. She kinda gave him the cold shoulder, and feelings between them weren't sorted out. If they were, I'd happy pass him off as the hero. Cause of this, I can see him dedicating his life to protecting Maya properly. It was unfinished for me >.>
ImageImageImageImage

Founder of Ichimonai

That's true actually, Arkillian. It did feel like the game was unfinished for me and it almost seemed like Capcom let these kinds of things sort out by the fans, even though stuff like that it pretty major.

We need a comic about Godot's life. Whether it be a doujin or an official one. I want one. :jake:

It's all Wright to be wrong sometimes!

I'd like to think that he's eligible for parole...That case humanized him for me. Before, I would have happily said a life sentence.
Amazing sig and avatar credits go to TheBaronAndEma! Perfect as always!
Page 1 of 1 [ 32 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)