Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Was Godot's acting in 3-5 justified?Topic%20Title

Perfect whine record

-The case wouldn't have happened, at all, if he would've just hid the letter when he found it.
-He tried to 'kill' Dahlia even though it could be a nine year old.
-He tried to pin the blame on Iris (sort of).

Discuss.

Oh, and 'ye its justified, he's badsass' is not an option. :shoe:
Re: Was Godot's acting in 3-5 justified?Topic%20Title

...Hopefully someday... xD

It depends, like every time, of what YOU think the real justice is.
Personally; I think he first was after justice, but it changed to revenge when he saw Dolly again.
Understandable though, but like he said; he could have kill'd a child if the plan would have been succeeded.
Enev though he really did seem to regret hes actions, I think it was more like revenge than justice in the end.
ImageImageImageImage

OH DESIRE

I think... that his heart was in the right place, but as the both of you mentioned before me, revenge may have become an ideal and taken over his original goal?

Regardless of his intent, I can't really see him as a diabolical character -- it's not like he had planned to murder her for his own gain or something. Regardless of how cloudy his goals became, he was still working in the protection of Maya...

If my thoughts are incorrect or something, forgive me -- I haven't played T&T since like, last February. XD;;

eat your vegetables, son.

Perpetual Prosecutor

He kept the letter where it was because he wanted to get Maya in danger and then save her himself.

He didn't think about the fact that someone was channeling Dahlia. He wanted revenge for the woman who ruined his life, and he wanted to protect Maya. Heck, I would have probably killed her too in that kind of situation.

He has NEVER accused Iris. He was pressuring Wright to see if he could make it alone. He never wanted to blame Iris, but himself, but, seeing it as an opportunity to prove Wright sucks compared to Mia, he didn't reveal it initially and instead "tested" Wright.

'Nuff said. :godot:

The Law 'Shark'

Usually I'd have said something about the whole thing, being the Godot fan I am, but instead...

Quote:
He kept the letter where it was because he wanted to get Maya in danger and then save her himself.

He didn't think about the fact that someone was channeling Dahlia. He wanted revenge for the woman who ruined his life, and he wanted to protect Maya. Heck, I would have probably killed her too in that kind of situation.

He has NEVER accused Iris. He was pressuring Wright to see if he could make it alone. He never wanted to blame Iris, but himself, but, seeing it as an opportunity to prove Wright sucks compared to Mia, he didn't reveal it initially and instead "tested" Wright.

'Nuff said.

I shall do the lazy thing and Say '^ This!'
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Akiak wrote:

I question whether Godot held something against Iris; the only role she had in his plan was to take the fall if things went bad.

And no, I don't think putting the entire Fey family in mortal danger just so he could play hero and satisfy his own ego is justifiable in any way. He wasn't interested in protecting Maya at all; saying 'oh, he saved her!' after he put her into that position is like applauding someone who called the fire department to report a burning building after HE started the blaze.

GANTALITY!

His actions UP TO killing was justified but he saw red (puntastic) and there he made the mistake and did something he could never take back or fix.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

So you think putting Maya's life in danger was fine but stabbing her assailant wasn't?

GANTALITY!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
So you think putting Maya's life in danger was fine but stabbing her assailant wasn't?

Yes, even her mother was on board with that. Maya is a magnet for danger as it is, might as well capitalize on it. Can not keep her safe all the time.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

Perpetual Prosecutor

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Akiak wrote:

I question whether Godot held something against Iris; the only role she had in his plan was to take the fall if things went bad.

And no, I don't think putting the entire Fey family in mortal danger just so he could play hero and satisfy his own ego is justifiable in any way. He wasn't interested in protecting Maya at all; saying 'oh, he saved her!' after he put her into that position is like applauding someone who called the fire department to report a burning building after HE started the blaze.

Forgive us Godot fans. :godot:

Besides, it was for both revenge and Maya protection. Maybe more for revenge though, as suggested towards the end.

The Law 'Shark'

He's not a perfect human being - his actions and thoughts were mired with hate...I doubt even he thought it was really a logical plan.
It was only carried out BECAUSE of his own anger and hate...which logically, anyone would probably do themselves in that scenario.

Just a random passerby

Spoiler: text
I didn't think it was justified. I did feel bad for him being poisoned and I understand his anger about Dahlia. But I feel Misty's death could of been prevented. He knew that it wasn't Dahlia he killed Godot's anger caused an innocent person to die. Not sure his accomplices knew the entire details about his death either. So many things could've went wrong. Though I will say lightning striking the bridge setting it on fire preventing anyone to escape or enter the island was one of the least likely of them all.

Probably the worst aspect of them all was he killed the mother of the girl he was trying to save and the woman he loved. He could of killed Pearl if she channeled Dahlia. Imagine if Godot ran into Dahlia was being channeled by Maya. Good thing the cavern was locked. Pretty sure Mia wouldn't have approved of his actions either.

I didn't like how Godot blamed Phoenix for Mia's death. I don't see him being angry with Marvin Grossberg for selling the info about Misty to Redd White. Though Godot never mentioned Grossberg and in all likelyhood was angry at Grossberg. Still, Phoenix didn't know who Redd White even was until after Mia died. I am glad Godot admitted everything in the end. I don't hate Godot, but his actions get a thumbs down.

By the way, I noticed that Godot's motive, pain, and actions are kind of similar to Acro's. They both were crippled(Godot was poisoned and Acro lost his legs). They both lost loved ones (Godot-Mia Acro-Bat(Pretty much considered dead)). They both wanted revenge on the person they thought were responsible(Godot=Dahlia Acro=Regina). And they both ended up killing someone else they cared for. (Acro=Russell Godot=Mia's mother Misty). The difference was, besides being two different incidents, what happened to Acro was an accident and what happened to Godot wasn't.

Perfect whine record

rydus65 wrote:
I didn't think it was justified. I did feel bad for him being poisoned and I understand his anger about Dahlia. But I feel Misty's death could of been prevented. He knew that it wasn't Dahlia he killed Godot's anger caused an innocent person to die. Not sure his accomplices knew the entire details about his death either. So many things could've went wrong. Though I will say lightning striking the bridge setting it on fire preventing anyone to escape or enter the island was one of the least likely of them all.

Probably the worst aspect of them all was he killed the mother of the girl he was trying to save and the woman he loved. He could of killed Pearl if she channeled Dahlia. Imagine if Godot ran into Dahlia was being channeled by Maya. Good thing the cavern was locked. Pretty sure Mia wouldn't have approved of his actions either.

I didn't like how Godot blamed Phoenix for Mia's death. I don't see him being angry with Marvin Grossberg for selling the info about Misty to Redd White. Though Godot never mentioned Grossberg and in all likelyhood was angry at Grossberg. Still, Phoenix didn't know who Redd White even was until after Mia died. I am glad Godot admitted everything in the end. I don't hate Godot, but his actions get a thumbs down.

By the way, I noticed that Godot's motive, pain, and actions are kind of similar to Acro's. They both were crippled(Godot was poisoned and Acro lost his legs). They both lost loved ones (Godot-Mia Acro-Bat(Pretty much considered dead)). They both wanted revenge on the person they thought were responsible(Godot=Dahlia Acro=Regina). And they both ended up killing someone else they cared for. (Acro=Russell Godot=Mia's mother Misty). The difference was, besides being two different incidents, what happened to Acro was an accident and what happened to Godot wasn't.

Very, very much agreed.

sig+avi made by krazykaro

LyingColdly wrote:
-The case wouldn't have happened, at all, if he would've just hid the letter when he found it.
-He tried to 'kill' Dahlia even though it could be a nine year old.
-He tried to pin the blame on Iris (sort of).

Discuss.

Oh, and 'ye its justified, he's badsass' is not an option. :shoe:

godot is not a bad ass!!!
i mean, what would you do when youre in his position, he of course thought iris was dahlia (when you saw that picture of oh cult, who didn't???) so he pinned the murder on her,
because its her fault he has that (awesome) mask :godot: :that-b-word:
proud daughter of Romeo and krazykaro
brothers:Tap and Jaron sister:P!ATD
engaged to Donald Serrot

The Law 'Shark'

Quote:
he of course thought iris was dahlia

Uh...No he didn't, that was never implied in the game at all.

The angels have the phone box.

rydus65 wrote:

I was already thinking of making the comparison. I think they're both slightly tragic characters, basically good people hwo did stupid things. However, I believe Godot was in more of a position to understand what he was doing (Acro seemed possibly clinically depressed, and therefore could pleade temporary (or not so temoporary) insanity), and therefore is more in the wrong. Godot was acting out of selfishness, wanting both revenge and to look like a hero. His love for Mia seemed like more of an excuse rather than a reason for his actions.
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." ~Terry Pratchett

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

His actions are completely selfish, he admits it himself after his breakdown. He says he knows that it could be pearl, but he would have still killed her simply because it was dahlia's spirit.

The writer of the script was clever enough to leave it open to debate by making Godot basically say "maybe i did and maybe i didn't" so that a debate like this would be opened up.

But in my opinion if he just burned the damn letter in the first place and settled his grudge with wright like a man then we would still have iris free and more importantly...
! MYSTIC MISTYYYYYYYYYYY! :elise:
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)