Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 2 of 3[ 117 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: dahlia overrated ?Topic%20Title

.:looby:. wrote:
Dahlia is cool. Iris on the other hand... what a twat.

O_O

I'll pretend you didn't say that. :beef:

But yes, Dahlia ftw.

smile

LC155 wrote:

O_O

But yes, Dahlia ftw.

I agree LC. Dahlia is a good but unsuccessful villain
ImageImage
the sig was made by PandaPrinzessin
Bellossom avatar made by me
Husband: Marche Tobaye

The Twisted Samurai

LC155 wrote:

O_O

but she's right
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

smile

Well, I guess we all hold our own opinions.
ImageImage

Of course, In my world, Iris = the bomb.

LC155 wrote:
Of course, In my world, Iris = the bomb.

In my world Ini=The Bomb
sparkleranger78 wrote:
Well, I guess we all hold our own opinions.

:redd:
I personally think Iris is one of those girls who giggles in a high pitched voice every couple minutes and cries all the time. Look at her sprite animations!
Spoiler: Saving space, no spoilers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXXm696UbKY
This laugh is what I hear when she talks.
~~~Cassandra~~~ but you can call me Cassie!

smile

I can't see her laughing as a baby, but maybe a 4 year-old girl with a lollipop and a balloon in her hands.
ImageImage

It's Time

sparkleranger78 wrote:
I can't see her laughing as a baby, but maybe a 4 year-old girl with a lollipop and a balloon in her hands.
Wow, I can imagine something like that.
Credits to PandaPrinzessin and Midnight Jasper for the sig and avi
Image Image

What the Devil is going on here?

I think Dahlia was a great character. She certainly made the game interesting, however she is overrated. With all her dark, mysterious, all so evil plans, she didn't even succeed in the end. IMO, Iris just walks around blindly and does what her sister says and even with all the help from Iris, she still failed.
I don't see Dahlia as the main villian of the series. I've always though Manfred better suited that. He murdered Gregory, raised his son to be a perfectionist machine thing, was the reason for the ruin Misty Fey's and Yanni Yogi's life (and some would say Edgey's too), and got away with it for 15 years IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong. Oh I almost forgot, he never lost a case for 40 years through forged evidence and tazers. Sure, he was convicted, but the tradgedies he caused were still large parts of the second and third games.
Dahlia was pretty much caught, although not jailed, as soon as she murdered Doug Swallow.
I must admit though, Dahlia was a pretty evil character, but all her plans came down to EPIC FAIL. xD
(sorry if I was repeating myself here or I got something completly wrong, I haven't played the games in a while.)
~

Till the landslide brought me down...

Essa_L_M.E wrote:
I think Dahlia was a great character. She certainly made the game interesting, however she is overrated. With all her dark, mysterious, all so evil plans, she didn't even succeed in the end. IMO, Iris just walks around blindly and does what her sister says and even with all the help from Iris, she still failed.
I don't see Dahlia as the main villian of the series. I've always though Manfred better suited that. He murdered Gregory, raised his son to be a perfectionist machine thing, was the reason for the ruin Misty Fey's and Yanni Yogi's life (and some would say Edgey's too), and got away with it for 15 years IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong. Oh I almost forgot, he never lost a case for 40 years through forged evidence and tazers. Sure, he was convicted, but the tradgedies he caused were still large parts of the second and third games.
Dahlia was pretty much caught, although not jailed, as soon as she murdered Doug Swallow.
I must admit though, Dahlia was a pretty evil character, but all her plans came down to EPIC FAIL. xD
(sorry if I was repeating myself here or I got something completly wrong, I haven't played the games in a while.)

Qft, Essa :3
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°

Suffering from Avatarmakingnoobitis

I think Dahlia is way to creepy, almost half of her sprites scared the crap out of me.

Also I think that Iris is better than Maya... O_o oops I said it...now im going to go hide...

smile

Yoshiegg737 wrote:
I think Dahlia is way to creepy, almost half of her sprites scared the crap out of me.

Also I think that Iris is better than Maya... O_o oops I said it...now im going to go hide...

Dahlia's sprites are scary. And yes, you better hide. :Hoboright:
ImageImage

nuuuuu, stoooooop

FYI, this is not a thread about Iris.
ImageImage

:)

Dahlia was an awesome character and I felt sorry for her. Iris shared the role with her but chickened out. I don't really think she's that overrated.

PsychoDahlia?!

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
Dahlia's saccharine charms work on people outside of the game. For such a hyped "Big Bad" villain, she was a complete bust, failing to achieve any of her objectives and getting banished to the after life in the end. Even Frank Sahwit managed to accomplish more than her. For all we know, he must have successfully looted numerous apartments prior to his conviction.

The logic is a bit iffy, as you could use the same argument for Dahlia. For all we know, Dahlia could have killed hundreds of people before she got caught.

I do, however, think that she is a bit overrated in her crimes department - I mean, she isn't even a proper serial killer.
But I think it is herself on the inside that is underrated. I mean, she tried so incredibly hard to wreak pain and despair!
Thanks C.Gholy for my earth-shattering wallpaper, and .•°٭blinq٭°•. for this amazingly wonderful signature!

What the Devil is going on here?

The Red Dahlia wrote:

The logic is a bit iffy, as you could use the same argument for Dahlia. For all we know, Dahlia could have killed hundreds of people before she got caught.

I don't really think it's implied that she killed hundreds. Didn't they say that her first crime was the one when she was 14 when she stole the rock and jumped off the bridge?
If she'd killed people after that I think they might have mentioned it. But as I said, haven't played in a long time so correct me if I'm wrong.

The Red Dahlia wrote:
But I think it is herself on the inside that is underrated. I mean, she tried so incredibly hard to wreak pain and despair!

agree'd. :chinami:
~

Captain Hair!

I don't think Dahlia is overrated. In fact, she has to be one of the most evil villains in the series, and it feels so satisfying to finally take her down at the end of 3-5.

Stupid character limit.

Half and half for me. I think her crimes were all very well planned, but they did all end in failure, like what Mia said at the end.

Of course, there were several odd things she did that were pretty stupid, I couldn't believe she would wait half a year for Iris to get something so important back.

Ace Sidekick!

I'd say somewhat.

I mean Manfred Von Karma is hated because for ruining Edgey's life and his motive for murdering Gregory and I understand that, but besides that he was still a bloody threat, he was still intimidating, and he was more sucessful than Dahlia. And yet we all love Dahlia because she's hot.

And then there's Morgan, she was smarter about plotting evil plots and she actually creeped me out at some points.

And Matt was the joker of the series but he still needed to get rid of Juan and was almost home free, he really intimidated me.

I understand Dahlia had a bad life but...Her backstory didn't really work for me, I suppose. And I'm surprised she even volunteer to kill Maya anyway since she had nothing to gain.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dahlia I just think she could be a better villian. And Dahlia didn't scare me at all.

Emiko Gale wrote:
I understand Dahlia had a bad life but...Her backstory didn't really work for me, I suppose. And I'm surprised she even volunteer to kill Maya anyway since she had nothing to gain.

She did have something to gain. The knowledge that she had done one over Mia by killing her sweet little sister. Why? Cause Mia had the gall to go up against Dahlia. Just the knowledge that she had hurt Mia and giving Mia the guilt for having (indirectly) caused Maya's death would've been such a sweet notion to her.
As for Dahlia's backstory, I found it stupid.
It's right back to what I said in Movie Clichés, it's basically a Poor Girl story that we're supposed to swallow and feel bad for her. Kinda hard to feel sorry for someone who kills so easily, except the one person she wants dead.

Regarding Dahlia herself, yes, I think she is an overrated character in the game.
The reason for killing her victims is stupid, the reason behind the fake kidnapping when she was 14 years old was also very stupid, heck, I don't see why anyone can say she's an intimidating character. When it comes down to it, she never managed to pull things off properly. Kidnapping case failed. Murder against Valerie, also failed, technically - but I blame the game's court system for that. Killing Armando, also failed. Her attempt at offing Phoenix failed, same with ever getting her hands on that necklace again. And trying to off Maya... also didn't work.

Heck, what Phoenix, Mia and Godot throw at her on the witness stand in 3-5 is pretty much spot-on. She is an absolute joke, she fails at practically everything she wants to do. And I'll gladly say it again, I cannot believe that somebody, who they had treated up until that point as a very terrible and terrifying person to be around, just stands there listening to being bad-mouthed by them instead of attempting to kill her host body, the host being the one she wants to kill, after all. I've seen CSI, I know that humans are capable of biting their arteries open.

Regarding the other villains mentioned, von Karma was a baby for his reason for killing Edgeworth. Kristoph, same reason. Matt Engarde... now that I think about it, all the big villains in AA had shit reasons to do their crap. Even Godot, if we count him as an Anti-Hero or Sympathetic "Villain".

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

Then again.......Getting butthurt is still human nature.

Emiko Gale wrote:

That is the most profound quote I have ever seen.

Ace Sidekick!

zpattack12 wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:

That is the most profound quote I have ever seen.

Um...Thank you?

I consider Manfred as a better villain then Dahlia. Nevertheless, she definitely has a knack to frightening me ! Some of her sprites, especially when she's in Maya's body, are frightful. (I bring up especially her awful, diabolic face when she seems to got a point).

But she has a lack of brain, and she's kind of a looser, unlike Manfred who lead his profession for a while and was cornered only by a very lucky Feenie.

I've felt worse.

Now that I think about it, the only reason Dahlia was evil in the first place was because she "had daddy issues". As do several thousand other people who don't become psychotic killers.

CatMuto wrote:
I cannot believe that somebody, who they had treated up until that point as a very terrible and terrifying person to be around, just stands there listening to being bad-mouthed by them instead of attempting to kill her host body, the host being the one she wants to kill, after all. I've seen CSI, I know that humans are capable of biting their arteries open.

Are you seriously going to make that claim based off a TV show?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

sumguy28 wrote:

CatMuto wrote:
I cannot believe that somebody, who they had treated up until that point as a very terrible and terrifying person to be around, just stands there listening to being bad-mouthed by them instead of attempting to kill her host body, the host being the one she wants to kill, after all. I've seen CSI, I know that humans are capable of biting their arteries open.

I've seen Fate\Stay Night

OT: Cat's right, Dahlia could never pull anything off properly. Oh well. She's dead.... since she was killed.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

I've felt worse.

Blak The Great wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

CatMuto wrote:

I've seen Fate\Stay Night

OT: Cat's right, Dahlia could never pull anything off properly. Oh well. She's dead.... since she was killed.

OK, fine. Dahlia could have at least tried to kill her host. But seriously, you cannot bite your own arteries open unless you had adamantium teeth and a really long neck.
Actually, you know what? Which episode of CSI is this? What insane troll logic did they use to come to the conclusion that humans can bite their arteries open?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

To be fair, you can gnaw at the arteries in your wrists, but it'd take a while before you can actually do severe damage. Well, unless you had some pretty sharp incisors.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

sumguy28 wrote:
Actually, you know what? Which episode of CSI is this? What insane troll logic did they use to come to the conclusion that humans can bite their arteries open?

Oh god, I'm not too good with episode titles... uh, I think it had Red in the title. It was about a guy whose brother had killed people, but the guy was arrested for them. In the prison cell, he bit his wrists through. It's likely that he had time for it and, desperate enough, people can do incredible things.

Sounds stupid, but people keep telling me that my idea that Dahlia had simply rushed through the door and onto the roof to leap off apparently can't be done because there are bailiffs.... although, considering how the police in this game acts, I doubt the bailiffs are any better.

C-A

I don't hate Dahlia, I just feel she lacks solid background history and is very disappointing as the "big boss" of the series. I dunno, she just sounds like the generic bitchy woman who is bad because was "born this way", like she's an idealized concept of evil and I personally dislike this kind of character...

The video game boy; the one who wins

I would say she is, a little. Theoretically, she's a super-scary super-villain; she's been using people for her own benefits since she was a child, getting her twin sent away, planning a fake kidnapping while using a clearly mentally slow person and even letting him get sentenced to death, followed by murders and attempted murders, and she doesn't seem to care the slightest. And then the exorcism. She even seems to have a possible story behind her actions; having to part from her mum and all that stuff, her failures that could have gotten her into a downing spiral and so on, but this could also be something she's just using to get sympathies. And it looks like she's been that way her entire life.
Still, she doesn't get to me. I don't know why. Her character just isn't that interesting to me, and I don't think she's very deep either. She's just a manipulative, evil person. That's it. And that overly-sweet facade she's got going on is just way too obvious. :chinami: Dammit. Now she's angry with me.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
And that overly-sweet facade she's got going on is just way too obvious. :chinami: Dammit. Now she's angry with me.

Yes, I much prefer those "peppy" preliminary designs for her. That would be way creepier too.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

The video game boy; the one who wins

"Peppy designs" being these (that's some big-ass pictures, open in a new tab as they're cut off)
Spoiler:
Image and perhaps these to the left, in the straw hat Image
Now wouldn't that be something? Young Phoenix's girlfriend; immature and quirky, just like him, of course. Maybe even "Oh no, not another goofball witness". That could be a twist for the players as well and not just the judge. Was anybody fooled by her appearance, I wonder?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

GoingforMiles wrote:
Was anybody fooled by her appearance, I wonder?

Considering I am the type of person who instantly suspects anyone who acts overly innocent or friendly, No.

C-A

In terms of reaction, Dahlia still freaks me out. When I originally played T&T - I knew she was going to be a villain, but I had no idea to what extreme and that she would be in more than one case. I don't think her intentions were the most compelling of all the villains, but she really has stayed with me after all these years as one of the eeriest antagonists. So I'd say that she could be seen as overrated, but I also get why she's taken as a big deal.

((yes I did have nightmares about Dahlia after finishing the game OK DO NOT JUDGE))

[Whip the cream!]

I don't even know anymore. I found her boring the first time I played the cases featuring her, boring and damn obvious, but when I replayed case 3-5 I found her rather funny, and a better villain than I first thought.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Her perjuries aren't remarkable at best. But that would require extra time on breaking testimonies and extra pressing from players (or Phoenix), thanks to bitter difficulty of the game. Also, she can easily fool inept people, like the Judge and Phoenix (the college version, actually), not Edgeworth (who pulled dirty tricks in court to "protect" Dahlia) and Mia. Dahlia is snobby at best, but going loony put a toll on her life. In fact, Dahlia was dependent on intellects for protection and manipulating others. When Mia kicked her butt often, Dahlia lost it and credits Mia (instead of Phoenix) for bringing her down in the Elise Deauxnim case.

No, there's no place like London...

Eh, she was okay, but as has already been said, she was just too obvious as a villain. C'mon, anyone who can have everyone leap to their defense the way she does has to be evil in these things. That, and the whole Diego situation really put me off her. I mean, really put me off her.

I guess as a villain I don't think she was all that bad. And getting her in the end was pretty satisfying. That being said, I still think Matt was the best. Where Dahlia was "she's evil? Called it", Matt was more "oh... wait, what?"...
I really am ruggedly handsome, aren't I?

LoopZoop wrote:
I guess as a villain I don't think she was all that bad. And getting her in the end was pretty satisfying. That being said, I still think Matt was the best. Where Dahlia was "she's evil? Called it", Matt was more "oh... wait, what?"...

Really? Matt is basically the female version. Well, okay, he goes more for obliviousness, but it's still the same concept.

C-A

LoopZoop wrote:
Eh, she was okay, but as has already been said, she was just too obvious as a villain.

To be fair, her guilt would have been kind of obvious no mater what. She was the first witness in the first case and after playing two games where the witness in the first case are the killer, we're naturally going to come to the conclusion that this time is no different. Also, it's not like they would have enough time in a tutorial case to introduce any more witnesses to throw you off. From the beginning she was really the only one that could have done it and because of that I'm not so sure they were really trying all that hard to hide it.
Page 2 of 3 [ 117 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)