Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 9 of 15[ 565 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next

Re: How did you feel about the ending? *spoilers, of course*Topic%20Title

DIIIICKHAIR~

The question IS...

What are they doing in Germany? Image

I am the Objector.

Well, it isn't like Franziska and Edgeworth know how to do something other than law. Maybe they're still prosecutors, or maybe judges. They're doing something related to law, at any rate (I hope. Oh crap... I just had the most horrible thought: Edgeowrth becomes a hobo, just like Phoenix, and repeats GS4 with Edgeworth...) *shudder*
Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried to close a revolving door.
"Suspense msuic plays" Oh crap, SAVESAVESAVE! Oh wait, that's my phone. And the caller ID is... MOM!?
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

lol boobs.

The Objector wrote:
(I hope. Oh crap... I just had the most horrible thought: Edgeowrth becomes a hobo, just like Phoenix, and repeats GS4 with Edgeworth...) *shudder*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :larry:
crescendio wrote:
The question IS...

What are they doing in Germany? Image

I really don't know xD but Germany is a beautiful place to go to :oops:

"also you meant: Are you from Germany, sorry on the one hand I am not sure about English grammar on the other hand I am a grammar nazi" - Coffee Prosecutor

What do you see behind the mask?

The ending made me sad, but just because I realized that after this epic case 3-5 was, the whole trilogy was over.
I played it (with pauses since T&T came so late) almost a year with my boyfriend and it was so awesome and filled lots and lots of afternoons with joy, so I guess I'm missing the fun.

So we started playing AJ now and yeah, it's entertaining, but it lacks the loveable cast of people you got to know during all the gameplay time.
They felt more close to me than before and then, once I start AJ, I have to almost completely put these close people down. I have to admit that it's pretty hard.

Emotionally regarded ...
The events at the end like Godot's tears of blood or Iris' statement, it was amazing. I rarely feel so dragged into something like this, but the game was very good in getting me at my emotional side ... To make it short: With the in my opinion most ragic reminescence theme in the whole series and Godot, normally a real man full of selfesteem and power, crying red tears of blood ... I was very close to crying myself, it was just SO - DAMN - SAD ...)

The last part also had one of the most shocking moments I can recall from the series ... Dahlia is bashed back to the fires of hell, being PWNED all over and I felt so relieved and "yay! everything's fine now!" - Until Godot himself mentioned "We haven't found the real murderer yet." I was like "Uhm, right, yeah ... We'll see then" ...
But once my boyfriend and I went on and he put quickly together that the person Maya had seen couldn't be anyone but Godot, I didn't even realize it. I thought "Seems like Phoenix is trying to get out of the sling here" and that's it. But once we had to pursue this theory and more and more evidence came together, I was totally baffled. I was like "No no no no ... It can't be GODOT! No - freakin - way!!"
So I was double-shocked at his "breakdown" - I was shocked that he was the murderer and I was moved deeply by his speech and the music and all that. It was amazing and horrible at the same time. If I hadn't been so shocked, I would have cried for sure.

But anyways ... Everything worked out at the end.
Godot - since his crime wasn't a cold murder and under the given circumstances of the events - got his heart washed by Phoenix and most likely stays the next maybe ten or twelve years in prison, having a lot of time to think (and the others can visit him from time to time); the Fey clan is redeemed of the evil plans which were supposed to achieve very cruel things; Dahlia got what she deserved ... And Phoenix and his friends/pals/more-like-foes can go on with their lives.
It feels good to know that.

Last edited by Perrydotto on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

lol boobs.

Perrydotto wrote:

Emotionally regarded ...
The events at the end like Godot's tears of blood or Iris' statement, it was amazing. I rarely feel so dragged into something like this, but the game was very good in getting me at my emotional side ... To make it short: With the in my opinion most ragic reminescence theme in the whole series and Godot, normally a real man full of selfesteem and power, crying red tears of blood ... I was very close to crying myself, it was just SO - DAMN - SAD ...)

yeah.. it was really sad :larry:

"also you meant: Are you from Germany, sorry on the one hand I am not sure about English grammar on the other hand I am a grammar nazi" - Coffee Prosecutor

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
Godot - since his crime wasn't a cold murder and under the given circumstances of the events -got his heart washed by Phoenix and most likely stays the next maybe ten or twelve years in prison, having a lot of time to think (and the others can visit him from time to time);

I'm glad to meet someone else who doesn't think Godot would've been sentanced to death at the end of it...too many people say that because of the final screenshot.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Herr Blondie wrote:
Quote:
Godot - since his crime wasn't a cold murder and under the given circumstances of the events -got his heart washed by Phoenix and most likely stays the next maybe ten or twelve years in prison, having a lot of time to think (and the others can visit him from time to time);

I'm glad to meet someone else who doesn't think Godot would've been sentanced to death at the end of it...too many people say that because of the final screenshot.

Thanks, I'm glad too ^^
I didn't think about that "evidence" for Godot's death before I heard about it here. To me, it seemed perfectly normal that he stands next to Mia and Misty since he has strong connections to both of them. Mia was his big love and Misty was the most important part of the plan to get Dahlia and defend Maya.

And even IF Godot got the death penalty, he wouldn't be dead right after the trial since you stay some years in prison before you get executed.

Gettin' Old!

Perrydotto wrote:
Herr Blondie wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, I'm glad too ^^
I didn't think about that "evidence" for Godot's death before I heard about it here. To me, it seemed perfectly normal that he stands next to Mia and Misty since he has strong connections to both of them. Mia was his big love and Misty was the most important part of the plan to get Dahlia and defend Maya.

And even IF Godot got the death penalty, he wouldn't be dead right after the trial since you stay some years in prison before you get executed.

I don't even think he would have gotten the death penalty, Kristoph shows that influential law figures can get certain priveliges. Plus I'm pretty sure not EVERYONE gets death penalties besides Godot was protecting someone, I'm sure there's lesser sentences for that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I totally agree with you. As I said, it wasn't a cold murder, it was to protect someone and also Godot stated that he acted "like in a dream" - So perhaps he was responsible for his actions to a limited extent.

Gettin' Old!

Perrydotto wrote:
I totally agree with you. As I said, it wasn't a cold murder, it was to protect someone and also Godot stated that he acted "like in a dream" - So perhaps he was responsible for his actions to a limited extent.

Admittedly that "Like in a dream" excuse sounds a little weak....unless he plans on getting a Drug abuse charge added to his murder charge and saying he was HIIIIIIGGGHHHH as a kite that night :yuusaku:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Dimensional Traveler

Oldbag coming up during the credits was a bit of a delight.
This is the awsomest GIF I've seen in my life.
ImageImage

It Burns!

If only Godot's trial was during the AJ time period, then
Spoiler: Spoilers?
he could have gotten a trial with a Jury, which I am sure would be more lenient than their current law system in T&T.
But I'm sure he got off without a death penalty. I mean, he was protecting Maya, so it could be justified defence of...someone else :yogi:
In Soviet Russia, Coffee drinks you.

Gettin' Old!

thehypnoticllama wrote:
If only Godot's trial was during the AJ time period, then
Spoiler: Spoilers?
he could have gotten a trial with a Jury, which I am sure would be more lenient than their current law system in T&T.
But I'm sure he got off without a death penalty. I mean, he was protecting Maya, so it could be justified defence of...someone else :yogi:

Yeah it'd just be excessive force but do you know that it happened in AJ? Thats seven years later after all. Though it'd be completely guaranteed they would get him off with that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

It Burns!

Note the 'If only'. Still don't think he got the death sentence though. No way. He's too full of win to die.

I am the Objector.

Yeah. Godot killed Misty to protect Maya, so it's justified self-defense of a bystander or something. No, Godot wouldn't get death penalty. Involuntary manslaughter is 3 or so years, isn't it?
Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried to close a revolving door.
"Suspense msuic plays" Oh crap, SAVESAVESAVE! Oh wait, that's my phone. And the caller ID is... MOM!?
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

It Burns!

In that case, I wonder what happened to him after he got out :yogi: He just went missing like Maya/Edgeworth/Gumshoe/Everybody else.

Gettin' Old!

The Objector wrote:
Yeah. Godot killed Misty to protect Maya, so it's justified self-defense of a bystander or something. No, Godot wouldn't get death penalty. Involuntary manslaughter is 3 or so years, isn't it?

Theres one problem there...I think :yuusaku:

There was nothing involunatary about Misty's death, sure he did it to defend Maya but he MEANT to do it it was voluntary. If it was like an accident then it would be involuntary but Godot practically admitted he wanted to beat down on that undead honkie....

..fo shizzle :karate: (Please forgive the weird language this post :shy:)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I am the Objector.

My point was that involuntary manslaughter is 3 years. Godot killed, but in killing Dahlia/Misty he was saving Maya. We aren't sure of Godot's motives- not even he is sure of his motives himself. But the point is that he saved someone, willingly or not. So even if he wanted to kill Dahlia/Misty, the original plan was for him to protect Maya. So if Godot got even a moderately good defense attorney, he probably would have gotten off in 10 years or so. Because this is Phoenix Wright.
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

It Burns!

The Objector wrote:
Because this is Phoenix Wright.

I am now thoroughly convinced that Godot didn't die because of that one sentence.

Wanderer

i think the credits included when franzizka give the last evidence (shelly de kliier card to phoenix

It Burns!

It did? I must go check. I don't remember that happening though. I can't even remember whether Franziska was even in the credits, to be honest.

I'm pretty sure the card was never mentioned again after 2-4.

It Burns!

I wonder if he ever got it in the end :yogi: ?

Gettin' Old!

The Card is very....very....unimportant.

Franny probably realised how awesome it was to care about people from that card and kept it to herself probably keeps it in her drawer beside her whip.

Though I'm certain she never showed up.
I distinctly remember in this very thread I think, an outrage that she and Edgey never showed up in those credits.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

How about a nice cup of STFU?

It made me sad when godot went and blamed him self for Mia's death when really theres no way he could have known Dahlia spiked his coffee!
but still it was so D*** sad when he got sent to jail! I mean my friend think's godot diserved it but come on! After all he was doing it to protect Maya!

It Burns!

Didn't we just discuss this? :udgy: I think it's called justified self-defense of a bystander or involuntary manslaughter or something of the sorts. Either way, no death penalty. :godot:

Ladd Russo, Russo family hitman.

About shelly de killer's card; I believe Franziska/Edgeypoo might've posted it to Phoenix, and is under a pile of crap in the Wright anything agency. When Hobohudou gets his act together and retakes the bar exam, he'll find it and we'll see Maya again!!

(off topic, i know, but NO BLUE BADGER SMILIE!?!?)

It Burns!

:badger:. I'd rather he not hijack the game.

Well, in my opinion, the ending was pretty good, but, (sorry for sounding like a broken record) it could have been better. I loved the re-appearance of our favorite prosecutors, but I also wanted to see what would happen to them after the case. Also, I really liked how CAPCOM let us explore Mia's and Phoenix's pasts, it really brought the games together.

But the strange part is, I really disliked Dahlia Hawthorne, but

Spoiler:
did anyone else find her execution a little depressing? I mean, I really disliked her, but I gasped when Edgeworth said that she was executed. :yuusaku:

Whenever I watch/read/see/hear/etc. something really dramatic, (and that I like), I kinda become a... zombie, I guess... (I mope around, quietly, don't talk to people, and just think about what I just saw; that's what I mean). And I was like that after I finished GS3... for 2 days...

Anyways, overall, it was a pretty powerful ending. Sure, CAPCOM could have made it better, but whatever.

Last edited by mpsd on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Masha wrote:
Well, in my opinion, the ending was pretty good, but, (sorry for sounding like a broken record) it could have been better. I loved the re-appearance of our favorite prosecutors, but I also wanted to see what would happen to them after the case. Also, I really liked how CAPCOM let us explore Mia's and Phoenix's pasts, it really brought the games together.

But the strange part is, I really disliked Dahlia Hawthorne, but

Spoiler:
did anyone else find her execution a little depressing? I mean, I really disliked her, but I gasped when Edgeworth said that she was executed. :yuusaku:

Whenever I watch/read/see/hear/etc. something really dramatic, (and that I like), I kinda become a... zombie, I guess... (I mope around, quietly, don't talk to people, and just think about what I just saw; that's what I mean). And I was like that after I finished GS3... for 2 days...

Anyways, overall, it was a pretty powerful ending. Sure, CAPCOM could have madew it better, but whatever.

I know what your saying, I was the same after Tiger Cub was killed in the Day watch but yea no I didn't sympathise for her at all...she was an evil Bee-otch
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Herr Blondie wrote:

I know what your saying, I was the same after Tiger Cub was killed in the Day watch but yea no I didn't sympathise for her at all...she was an evil Bee-otch

A horrible b*tch, a'yup :yogi:

I got a letter.

In regards to Godot's death -
I never actually thought the guy died from the death penalty or anything. I always assumed his body would give up
on him after a few years. In my head!canon, I imagine he'd have to go to the doctor's on a weekly basis, like right from
court he's heading down to the doctor's. And, well, after awhile, even the strongest people just sort of end up falling...

No doubt in my mind says he got a lighter sentence for the situation, but it wouldn't change his decaying physical health.
Personally, with Mia gone, the plan foiled and the revenge taken care of, I'd fully support Godot dying a peaceful death and
moving on to live with all the kittens he loves. :shoe:

Gettin' Old!

jaems sundrlnd wrote:
I never actually thought the guy died from the death penalty or anything. I always assumed his body would give up
on him after a few years. In my head!canon, I imagine he'd have to go to the doctor's on a weekly basis, like right from
court he's heading down to the doctor's. And, well, after awhile, even the strongest people just sort of end up falling...

No doubt in my mind says he got a lighter sentence for the situation, but it wouldn't change his decaying physical health.
Personally, with Mia gone, the plan foiled and the revenge taken care of, I'd fully support Godot dying a peaceful death and

:udgy: How old do you think he was? His Visor was only to permit him to see he wouldn't be dieing anytime soon. Sure it somehow blew up at the end but I'm sure he can get another one and if not then meh he's blind where he's going it won't matter.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

DIIIICKHAIR~

Hated it. Ugh.

And if Godot had really been convicted, I'd like to find out whether or not he was given the death penalty. But that's another topic altogether.

I got a letter.

Herr Blondie wrote:
jaems sundrlnd wrote:

:udgy: How old do you think he was? His Visor was only to permit him to see he wouldn't be dieing anytime soon. Sure it somehow blew up at the end but I'm sure he can get another one and if not then meh he's blind where he's going it won't matter.

I only garner this from what he said during the last case, when he mentions that he still makes trips to the doctors and that he's pretty messed up.
I'm only paraphrasing of course, I need to replay the case. When your visor blows up and you're crying tears of blood after spending a good chunk
of time out in the freezing wilderness - I can't imagine any of that is good for Godot, considering his condition. It's not that he's old, it's just that
the poison really messed him up, if that makes any sense?

I think the same.
It was his determination that kept him alive, and now he can let himself go in peace to reunite with his Kitten.
He just couldn't have died until he did what he had to do.

If you played Final Fantasy 5, you know what I mean.

Hmm, interesting theory, but I have to admit that I don't agree.

Sure, the poison did grave things to him and he was in coma for 5 years and still has to see the doctor on a regular basis and most likely also has to take pills and etc. etc., but I don't think his body gave up a while after the case or that he was finally at peace and "ready to die" ...
Phoenix showed him how wrong Godot was on his way and that he ran away from himself and the real problems, so I'd say Godot is thankful now and wants to make up for his mistakes, starting to live as Diego Armando again.

So in my opinion, he's not "ready to go" - He wants to live a "clear" life as his old self now, still feeling guilty for the way he thought and acted.

Last edited by Perrydotto on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Witness my stand... FOUGHT THE LAW!!!

Perrydotto wrote:
So in my opinion, he's not "ready to go" - He wants to live a "clear" life as his old self now, still feeling guilty for the way he thought and acted.

I agree with that he wouldn`t give up that easy even though that he always said that a men/lawyer/etc. doesn`t cry until the end and maybe he refered to the end of his life??

I really don`t think so cause... he`s great.

About the ending of the game it made me happy, sad, depressed. Happy cause it was a happy ending: Godot finding his internal peace, Phoenix discovering that his faith was in the right way cause he still believed in Iris and Mia tells him he is already a great and professional lawyer.
It made me sad because I wouldn`t be able to play anything else (cause the first GS I played was AJ) so my only sadness was going to be (and still is) waiting for GK even though Im playing the GS series again. And about the thing of depressed I think it would be cause in the whole week I ended T&T I was like :headbang: ... more or less like that just with the side effects.

So thats it... or not? :yuusaku:

Thanks. Its a pleasure...fu...fu...fu. :uramidn:
Thanks. It was, is and always will be a pleasure.
"Getting into law school will make you realize how fucking bonkers these games are... like REALLY"

Phantom Thief~

Gray Godot wrote:
About the ending of the game it made me happy, sad, depressed. Happy cause it was a happy ending: Godot finding his internal peace, Phoenix discovering that his faith was in the right way cause he still believed in Iris and Mia tells him he is already a great and professional lawyer.

I agree :will:
RuU~
Gamer Pride \m/

Bring on GS5, I hope Godot is one of Phoenix's aid, or even if you get to play as Godot. He's easily the best character!! I don't think he ever actually got sent to jail at the end? He was found to be the true criminal but managed to justify himself well enough, only the second time the prosecutor has been the murderer...
Page 9 of 15 [ 565 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)