Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)

Page 4 of 15[ 565 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

Re: How did you feel about the ending? *spoilers, of course*Topic%20Title

King of Braves

Personally, I thought 3-5 was the single most kickass and epic case in the series. The only thing that disappointed me at all was the encouragement of the Phoenix/Iris pairing. I liked Iris, but she just came to the game too late for me to get attached to her. That, and there are several clues throughout the entire series that support Phoenix and Maya: The fact that she was crying when she left him in the first game shows signs of the emotional investment she has in him, then there's the card she drew his face on in JFA, the fact that he was willing to cross a burning bridge to save her, and the fact that they both constantly deny that they have that type of relationship (Which, in anime-and-game-ese, means they do). However, despite all that, they don't really say anything outright about who he ends up with. Part of me kind of likes that they left it open enough so the fans could imagine whatever pairing happening after the game. It's annoying, but it makes sense.

That said, everything else about the ending was just "wright". I don't think they needed to explain Godot's fate outright, as it was pretty heavily implied that he died. After the first game, I generally assumed that happened to all the killers (What with all the talk of von Karma being "gone forever"). For a court system that rushes its trials, it doesn't seem to be particularly forgiving. However, Godot accomplished what he set out to do, and doesn't have much more reason to stick around. I'd say him sharing a cup of coffee with Phoenix was just enough closure for me.
Also, there were some moments that were just plain badass. Mia burning Dahlia's soul (I use the term loosely) so bad that she evicts Maya's body and burns in Hell. Phoenix and Mia's spirit objecting so hard that Godot's visor explodes. Those were both awesome.
So, Misty sacrifices herself to protect her daughter from a vengeful bitch, and Godot gets payback on the one who ruined his life while defending Mia's little sister. They may both be dead at this point, but I like to think they're at peace.

Really, my only objections to this ending are based on pairings, many of which are fan-imagined anyway. So hell, Phoenix/Maya may have all just been in my head (That said, I'll still defend it to the ends of the earth).

Lives in a box mansion

^
I agree on the Iris point. She personally bothered me to the core. Her interest in Phoenix was terribly blatant, almost to a point that made me feel a bit ill. But I think going back to her would dig up too many foul memories for him. Imagine waking up every morning to see almost the exact same face of someone who manipulated you and attempted to kill you? I'd probably go mad. Some scars of the past change how you view certain people and aspects of your life entirely. On another note, IMO Maya weeping at leaving Phoenix doesn't leave much romantic perspective for me. I've cried over friends I feel nothing more than friendship for several times. But, then again, it's all in how you see it. The thing I love about Phoenix is that he's fair game for nearly any pairings.
I think in no way, shape, or form that he's canon with anyone. Even Iris (my point stated above). All relationships are plausible.

King of Braves

RazeTora wrote:
On another note, IMO Maya weeping at leaving Phoenix doesn't leave much romantic perspective for me. I've cried over friends I feel nothing more than friendship for several times.

Well, I was mostly digging for examples. In some cases, I had to stretch a bit. That particular one aside, I still feel there's enough evidence to support my theory.

You can't handle the truth.

I always thought the game designers made it so they could avoid pairings, he's seven years older than Maya and Franny, and eight older than Ema. Also, most of the other girls are already hitched, or in jail, or dead(Mia).
However, the way they paired Maggey and Gumshoe, maybe the japanese are into distance in marriages.

Lives in a box mansion

LordQuadros wrote:
RazeTora wrote:
On another note, IMO Maya weeping at leaving Phoenix doesn't leave much romantic perspective for me. I've cried over friends I feel nothing more than friendship for several times.

Well, I was mostly digging for examples. In some cases, I had to stretch a bit. That particular one aside, I still feel there's enough evidence to support my theory.

Most definitely. I feel Maya's immaturity lulls me away from imagining her as nearly an adult, making me feel uncomfortable with PhoenixMaya. While I do feel their relationship is platonic, I agree that there is a lot evidence for the pairing, yup.

The main reason why I thought that the ending wasn't as good as the other 2 was simply because Godot was the killer. In the last cases of GS1 and GS2 you had killers that you WANTED to take down. Engarde definately, and von Karma/ Gant were pretty twisted individuals. Godot on the other hand was just a character I find it hard to hate, and despite the fact that I actually had mild suspicions throughout the case, if only because Godot was the only person whose motivations for being so close to the true scene of the crime were kept unknown, (I found it pretty obvious that Godot was at the Inner Temple when the bridge burned out, considering that nobody could communicate with him for a couple days after the murder, the obvious solution being that he was at an area where communication was impossible, the Inner Temple), but just having to actually identify him as the killer was really difficult for me, and the fact that it's implied that the end screen implies that Godot didn't get any softer treatment considering the circumstances was pretty disappointing.
R.I.P Deigo Armando, you were a badass prosecutor and shall be missed. :javado: :godot:

As for the rest of the ending, I found Mia's epic PWNage of Dahlia pretty awesome, and the case itself was very enthralling until the very last sentence. The end screen was pretty nice, although it was dissapointing to not see any closure to Jean Armstrong's character, nor Edgeworth's, nor Franziska's. :franny: :edgeworth:
It was still a pretty good ending to the Phoenix Arc though.

I can't believe its me either!

i didn't enjoy the ending as much as the other games bcause, just as IamGoodSpeeler, you didn't want to take down Godot.

After a while, the trial seemed to be less and less about solving the crime, and more about seeing how pathetic godot's life was up until that point.

見たのか・・・!

andrx wrote:
i didn't enjoy the ending as much as the other games bcause, just as IamGoodSpeeler, you didn't want to take down Godot.

I actually did, for some reason, but nevermind :P

andrx wrote:
After a while, the trial seemed to be less and less about solving the crime, and more about seeing how pathetic godot's life was up until that point.

True DX

HOORAY!! I FINALLY COMPLETE THE GAME! Now I can finally look into all of spoilers tag XD

Case 3-5 start almost as per normal until Phoenix start to accuse Godot as the murderer. I was screaming at Phoenix, "There's not possible way Godot is doing in the mountains, at Inner temple! He has no connection to the case!" I even wanted to kill the game creators, are they running out of suspects already? But as the game went down, so did my heart. No way~!

Maybe I'm still in shock. Ohhh~ I hate it, why make Godot such a kick ass character only to make him a villian. I don't want it this way!! (TT_TT) The part when Godot 'cry', I was going, "AAAWWWWWWWWWW~~~" Poor Godot! I never expect the quote, "A defense lawyer can only cry when the case is truly over." really carry so much weight! The saddest part is Godot will properly be arrest and sentence to death ... NO! I DON'T WANT IT THIS WAY!

OK, excuse me, I'm getting too emotional, still ... the last chat between Iris and Phoenix is cute though, when Iris call him Fennie XD

Like, what?

IamGoodSpeeler wrote:
The main reason why I thought that the ending wasn't as good as the other 2 was simply because Godot was the killer. In the last cases of GS1 and GS2 you had killers that you WANTED to take down. Engarde definately, and von Karma/ Gant were pretty twisted individuals. Godot on the other hand was just a character I find it hard to hate, and despite the fact that I actually had mild suspicions throughout the case, if only because Godot was the only person whose motivations for being so close to the true scene of the crime were kept unknown, (I found it pretty obvious that Godot was at the Inner Temple when the bridge burned out, considering that nobody could communicate with him for a couple days after the murder, the obvious solution being that he was at an area where communication was impossible, the Inner Temple), but just having to actually identify him as the killer was really difficult for me, and the fact that it's implied that the end screen implies that Godot didn't get any softer treatment considering the circumstances was pretty disappointing.
R.I.P Deigo Armando, you were a badass prosecutor and shall be missed. :javado: :godot:

As for the rest of the ending, I found Mia's epic PWNage of Dahlia pretty awesome, and the case itself was very enthralling until the very last sentence. The end screen was pretty nice, although it was dissapointing to not see any closure to Jean Armstrong's character, nor Edgeworth's, nor Franziska's. :franny: :edgeworth:
It was still a pretty good ending to the Phoenix Arc though.

I agree with the majority of what you said here. I really enjoyed the Mia/Dahlia face-off at the end - it was pretty sweet :youngmia: I was also disappointed not to have seen ze French chef :chef: in the end credits - was expecting him (her?) to show up but he (she?) didn't. As for Godot...I have somewhat mixed feelings. He's just too darn cool and I still can't really imagine that he was ultimately the murderer. Ahh well, it was an interesting twist, I suppose. I don't think there's much for me to complain about other than these :larry:

You can't handle the truth.

I have to say I didn't regret pointing out Godot as the killer.

He could have stopped the whole affair from going down, but instead he sacrificed the mother of a girl he wanted to "protect" for petty revenge.
After 3.5 I had no respect for him.

I cried at the ending of the 5th trial of T&T it was just the fact they finally realized the truth and at the credits I couldnt help but smile Maggey/Gumshoe Phoenix/Iris....this makes me happies for the end of the Phoenix Wright Arc :D

Tsk.
:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington

Like, what?

Also, the trial could have ended when the judge was about the pronounce Iris as "Not Guilty". However Godot insisted that the real murderer hasn't been found and the trial continued on because of that. Even Phoenix later realizes that it seems Godot really wants to be exposed. I felt similar in that it seemed Godot wasn't trying really hard to deny that he is the murderer. I'm not sure what to think of Godot in the end :godot:

Legendary Attorney

Over the years, I have played so many video games, but none of them had the same feeling I had when I found out it's bittersweet ending: TOTAL AWESOMENESS. I was in complete shock and awe. Like most games, I had expected this game to end like all the other series I like (.hack, the first Naruto series, etc.): total disappointment. But no, this game had totally changed my mind, and even though I hate it when something bad happens my favorite characters (like Carmine in Gears of War and Lemonhead in The Shield (a tv series)), Godot kept his cool personality through the very end, and even called "Trite" Wright. This ending was easily a 10 out of 10 on the awesomeness scale. :godot:

Wha?

I was confused. I thought Phoenix liked Maya.

:phoenix: + :maya: right?

No, I diddn't make the sig.

Lives in a box mansion

^ It's all a matter of opinion. By far, Phoenix has never been (and I doubt ever will) slated to have relations with any character, save Dahlia, but we all know how that ended.

> Am I the only one that picked up on the fact that Franziska
> didn't give Phoenix the card that Maya drew a picture of him
> on?

Heh, that would have been nice. But actually, I had forgotten all about that before the discussion on this thread reminded me. Maybe the folks at Capcom did so as well. But maybe they didn't because it would have gotten in the way of the new Phoenix/Iris ship...

> Oh and banishing :chinami: to hell felt SOOO good. Anybody
> else laugh out loud at their DS?

Hell yes. That was one of the best parts of the trial. Too bad it's in Part 4-2, so I'll have to replay the entire case to see that scene again. Mia can be a vicious b*tch if she wants to, eh?
Damn, watching that felt good. Like a true pro, Mia seized upon the one weakness that demonic harridan had and let her have it! *still basking in the afterglow of that scene*

> Bad enough that Godot had to go and be the murderer in the
> first place (I really, really didn't want to accuse him... that
> was hard for me emotionally... but sadly, he was the only one
> who could've done it, and when the judge said it was either
> him or Maya, well, no way was I about to accuse Maya)

I had no problem with accusing him of murder. At the beginning of that last part, I took Mia's words to mean that she herself had committed the murder while being channeled by someone, and THAT's a thought I really didn't like. Compared to Mia, Godot is someone who I can throw to the wolves. :)

> *various GS4 spoilers*

Geez, be a little more careful with those spoilers, will ya? For now, I'll still happily pretend that GS4 doesn't exist because I want to make up my own mind on the possibilities of what happens afterwards... and there are a lot of possibilities.
What little I've heard about the next game and its story doesn't exactly sound promising after the grand ending of GS3, so be a little more circumspect and let me have my fantasies, will ya? ;)

> *Timcampy-chan's Phoenix/Iris rant*

I really liked Phoenix/Maya before Iris arrived, and I still do. However, I think that scene in the courtroom where she told Phoenix that he and Dahlia had only met twice was very powerful. It's a pretty good basis to hinge a Phoenix/Iris ship on, after she gets out of jail. Still, that doesn't change that I'll probably continue to slightly prefer Phoenix/Maya. They've been through a lot more. If Nick taking a swim in that river isn't quite enough for you to make up your mind, I'd suggest you take another look at case 2-4 (which I personally didn't enjoy much - I hate hostage situations, and it was made out to be quite angsty...).

Actually, and this is a very important question to me, can somebody answer how long Iris can expect to go to jail for her crimes as an accomplice to murder? I'll take anything - an estimation between 'best case' and worst case', actual fact based on the laws as they currently are, or if the GS4 game gives an answer to that, I don't mind being spoilered on that. Knowing what to expect for Iris is a fact I need for my fanfic writing endeavors.

Actually, Timcampy-chan, I'm currently writing a small (maybe 10k words?) Phoenix/Maya oneshot where they go through that secret Ultra Course Pearly mentioned in the credits. It's going to be quite WAFFy and it deals with Phoenix/Maya compared to Phoenix/Iris among other things as well, so I suspect it might appeal to you. If you are interested, PM me and I'll let you know when it's ready to be posted.

well, that gets most of the responses to other posters out of the way. Now let me get to my own impression of the ending...

Quizer
Ultra Course - A Phoenix/Maya fanfiction by Quizer
Quizer's fanfiction thread - Last update: Inconclusive Evidence Part 1/3 (Jan 07, 2008)
Re: Trials and Tribulations endingTopic%20Title

After the rather disappointing ending in 'Justice For All', the ending for this game truly is everything I could have hoped for. The last trial day was truly epic, and even after having watched the conclusion multiple times now, it still doesn't fail to move me to tears (and I'm a guy who doesn't cry easily over fiction, so that's no mean feat). Let's go through the most awesome scenes.

Mia giving hell to the demon that is Dahlia Hawthorne - like I said, this scene was pure win. I can't imagine that after seeing that scene anyone can still say Dahlia didn't get what was coming to her. Mia probably ruined her entire afterlife for her. Hey, that's a pretty sweet thought right there. Go, Mia, you rule!

Iris revealing it was her who Phoenix had been dating all along - very powerful stuff. I got it pretty quickly right at the beginning, when she said Phoenix and Dahlia had met only twice. Following that thought to its logical conclusion gave me a bad case of the shivers. Her 'Feenie' nickname sounds cheesy like hell, but damn me if it didn't still make me cry. Essentially, they both managed to overcome the way Dahlia had influenced their relationship, which is pretty damn impressive. Too bad Dahlia isn't around for this part anymore, so Mia could have thrown that in her face as well.

(I'm pretty impressed with the producers here, actually. The reactions, music and speech in those last parts of the trial and the ending is timed perfectly to squeeze the last drop of emotion out of those scenes. The way it's all put together is nothing short of masterful.)

I think the whole Godot thing was pretty well done, and I'm quite ambivalent about it all. He was cool, but I was never very attached to him as a character, because let's face it, the way he blames Phoenix for Mia's death is pretty selfish and not a sign of mental fortitude. But I was impressed on how he acknowledged his shortcomings in the end, so I don't feel bad about him either. It takes a real man to admit to your flaws like that. I think the fact that he dies is the best for everyone involved, since he gets to be with Mia! (Still, I think Phoenix and Mia are a kickass team. If only she had lived... *sigh*)

Another thing which really hit me hard (in a good way) and which I haven't seen a comment on yet is Mia's little note of advice which she wrote for Maya. The amount of trust it shows Mia has in Phoenix is staggering and the fact that it is all completely justified... well, let's just say I squeezed out a few extra tears when reading that bit.

The last pieces with Pearl and Maya were great, too. Not quite as epic as the stuff that came before, but the photo of Maya and Mia putting that vase together was pretty badass and had me dry my eyes one last time. I'm thinking, with Maya wearing that charm after that, there'll probably be a few other mementos to end up inside it... *scribbles notes for future fanfics*

The credits with the comments from almost everyone were pretty well done, too. I can't say I particularly missed a comment from Edgeworth or Franziska. Especially since the one from Adrian partly made up for the latter character missing... *chuckles* And they give plenty of inspiration to us fanficcers. Y'all can expect me to post something to build on Pearl's lines in the credits in the near future...

Anyway, I like the way the important issues have been resolved, but the future is pretty much left open. I think (without taking any future games into account) that it looks pretty optimistic. With two powerful spirit channelers, none of the people who have died are really that far away (I can just picture domestic scenes of them all living together at Hazakura temple, like Maya channeling Misty to read a bedtime story to Pearls). I don't think anyone with a bit of imagination and writing ability should have anything to complain about this ending.

looking forward to your comments,

Quizer
Quizer's fanfiction thread - Last update: Inconclusive Evidence Part 1/3 (Jan 07, 2008)

Kisaki-in-training <3

Gin wrote:
HOORAY!! I FINALLY COMPLETE THE GAME! Now I can finally look into all of spoilers tag XD

Case 3-5 start almost as per normal until Phoenix start to accuse Godot as the murderer. I was screaming at Phoenix, "There's not possible way Godot is doing in the mountains, at Inner temple! He has no connection to the case!" I even wanted to kill the game creators, are they running out of suspects already? But as the game went down, so did my heart. No way~!

Maybe I'm still in shock. Ohhh~ I hate it, why make Godot such a kick ass character only to make him a villian. I don't want it this way!! (TT_TT) The part when Godot 'cry', I was going, "AAAWWWWWWWWWW~~~" Poor Godot! I never expect the quote, "A defense lawyer can only cry when the case is truly over." really carry so much weight! The saddest part is Godot will properly be arrest and sentence to death ... NO! I DON'T WANT IT THIS WAY!

OK, excuse me, I'm getting too emotional, still ... the last chat between Iris and Phoenix is cute though, when Iris call him Fennie XD
I cried. I literally cried. ;_;

I loved Godot... and hated Capcom. XDDD We're now in a love/hate relationship. It was so...

Spoiler:
"WTF WHY DID YOU KILL MISTY YOU COULD'VE PREVENTED BUT I COULD NEVER HATE YOU... BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *sob* "
Oh, lord... and the bloody tears... I think he DIED. GOOOODOOOTTT! :sob:*

I know! It was adorable when Iris called Feens (my nickname for Phoenix XD) Feenie. I almost died from the cute. :gant:
Angel and devil, baby. ♥

LegendKitsune: And, actually, I never physically did anything to him. It was only verbal rape.

◕ ◡ ◕

It just didn't feel like the close of a great game series to me. Essentially the same ending as in AA and JFA. I really wanted to see Iris and Pearl interact. It would've been awkward. :godot:

Tie Breaker

Spoiler:
What really pissed me off was what Mia said to Phoenix at the end as "Finally surpassing her." , and then the very next case he takes..
So Mia said you've surpassed her? O RLY? Looks like someone doesn't have a badge anymore. =D

Yeah, I can't think of anything here. Wait, I just did.

Last edited by BurningHats on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do you mind being a little more circumspect about the GS4 spoilers? I for one don't want them. In case you misunderstood the thread label, the spoiler tag there applies only up to and including GS3 spoilers.

Quizer

Tie Breaker

Crap, I thought I had spoilered it all. My bad. :payne:
Yeah, I can't think of anything here. Wait, I just did.

Well, just don't do it again... I noticed getting spoilered a small bit is unavoidable on these boards, but I'd like to keep the specifics out of my brain for now until I can get the game where I live and see for myself - especially seeing as how it doesn't appear to be a particularly promising future for Phoenix. I'm a writer of fanfiction, and inspiration is so hard to get these days, so I need to be careful to preserve my innocence while I write stories about possible futures my imagination supplies me with. You can click on the image of my sig if you want to have a look at one of them.

Sorry if I was a little harsh back there, but that was slightly more blatant than what I'm used to seeing here.

Quizer

Location: In a deadspace pocket deep within the Jel system ...

Spoiler:
Having not read too much spoilerificness about GS Zero 4 aside from the origin of Hobohodo, I do so hope there is some good reason for him to have gotten pwned so badly. Come on, none of the prosecutor-types got disbarred for presenting false evidence ... actually, doesn't it kinda completely go against TT's ending?

What made the ending for me was the fact that you had to take down the defender of Maya despite her pleas and despite your own feelings toward Godot. A little ambiguity never hurt anyone, and makes for a more emotionally-charged experience than taking down obvious evil. Of course, I doubt he is dead of the justice system by this point ... I'm sure the circumstances were taken into account in his sentencing hearing, and unless the laws of the PW world are REALLY messed up, I doubt his crime is even approaching capital murder ._.

What got me was his own work against himself (for?) during the case. Phoenix mentioned it himself - Godot gave hints and spurred him on, and not all were of the trap variety ... and in the end where he practically begged Phoenix to prove him guilty and prove him wrong ... and his reflection at his ways afterwards.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with Quizer here.

Spoiler: GS3
Unfortunately, I got spoiled and saw Dahlia's exorcism sprites, so I expected that. What did freak me out a bit was the sudden appearance of Dahlia's evil-eye in the first case :chinami: It go to the point where it spooked me so much that I had to cover up the screen whenever I saw Dahlia's head turned. Anyone else?

I thought it would've been nice to see what happened to :godot:, maybe Maya-channeling-Mia could bring him some coffee or something.

All in all, my opinion is that Capcom left too many things out, or explained them too quickly. I'll admit, I did shed a few manly tears knowing this great trilogy is coming to an end. Many great moments playing this, like Ron's magical hair.

Also, one thing that puzzled me was at the end when Phoenix said he was going to tell Maya something. Was this something the oh-so-convenient :objection: that interrupted, the fact that he was promoting her, or that he likes her?

Spoiler: GS4
It thought it sucked that fact that Phoenix becomes a hobo who seems that he lost contact with all his friends. All of them save Gumshoe and Ema (I don't consider Mike his friend) and mentioned in the game. I realize the game is supposed to be about Apollo, but they way they crashed Wright's life just seems...wrong.

Quote:
Actually, Timcampy-chan, I'm currently writing a small (maybe 10k words?) Phoenix/Maya oneshot where they go through that secret Ultra Course Pearly mentioned in the credits. It's going to be quite WAFFy and it deals with Phoenix/Maya compared to Phoenix/Iris among other things as well, so I suspect it might appeal to you. If you are interested, PM me and I'll let you know when it's ready to be posted.

The story is ready now, it goes by the name of Ultra Course. All of you guys who like the Phoenix/Maya pairing and were disappointed by the ambiguity in the ending, take a look at this and tell me what you think.

Quizer
GS3 was soo good xD *spoilers*Topic%20Title

Keisan Loire

My dad imported it for me for my christmas, as its not been released in europe yet.
I've just completed it so i thought i'd come on here and say how good i thought it was.
IT WAS AMAZING!!! The characters, the jokes, everything is just soo great :D
Cannon pairings, playing as Mia, playing as EDGEWORTH, EDGWOTH VS FRANZISKA..
it was just epic xD
Also Gumshoe was once again my knight in shining armour :gumshoe:
and how smexy is Godot :godot:
just loved the game :phoenix:

The ending wasn't as good as it coulda been though :sadshoe:
Why didn't Franny give Nick that card? didn't she say at the end of GS2 that she would?
And even though im a big Yaoi fan i soo want Nick and Iris to get together now, it's just soo sweet.
Furthermore i wanted to see them all at Tres Bien woulda been soo good.
I did like Larry's drawings at the end though.

Ok sorry for the rant just had to get that all out of my system
credit for sprite used goes to TheTigress
Please check out my deviantART
http://nexas-kun.deviantart.com/
Re: GS3 was soo good xD *spoilers*Topic%20Title

Yuki Fan~!

me too! Because you found out about Mia's past.

I'll be there, and I'll watch your back

I loved the ending, myself. A couple people mentioned that it didn't have a murderer on the level of evilness of the prior "final bosses" in the series, but I disagree: the real villain in 3-5 is Dahlia Hawthorne.

I also like Iris a lot.
~Link to songs composed for PW Musical (click!)~

Justice For All [Mia]
I'll Be There [Phoenix/Maya]
The Samurai Always Wins [Cody]
Decree of the Prosecutor [Edgeworth]
A Guy You Can Trust [Gumshoe]
It's Gotta Be the Butz! [Larry]
Justice For All - Reprise [Phoenix/Mia]

Let's! Objection!

Quizer wrote:
> Am I the only one that picked up on the fact that Franziska
> didn't give Phoenix the card that Maya drew a picture of him
> on?

Heh, that would have been nice. But actually, I had forgotten all about that before the discussion on this thread reminded me. Maybe the folks at Capcom did so as well. But maybe they didn't because it would have gotten in the way of the new Phoenix/Iris ship...

If I remember 2-4 right, Franny monologued that she'd give the card the next time they meet in court.

Which never happened for all of PW3 :S

Zvarri!

Well, I'm not going to beat around the bush; I knew Misty was going to show up in this case. However, the manner in which she did so I could have never imagined.

The event was forshadowed ever since Case 1-4, with the talk of DL-6. I just knew Misty was going to show up, but I never expected her to die. That was a bit of a shock for me. Also, Dahlia's "Excorcism" scene was probably one of the most entertaining and best coreographed (If I can use that word) scenes I have ever played in a video game. The whole case was like that for me.

The whole third game, especially leading up to the endgame, felt like you were at the end of a very long journey. While reflecting upon this in the last case, thinking of how far you've come and the "tribulations" you have overcome made it only better. It was the culmination of Phoenix's career, nay, his life. It was as though he became a lawyer for the explicit reason that he would be defending in that case. Dahlia, was easily a surprise for me, but I knew who was channeling her as soon as she admitted it. But the scene where you were cross-examining her was so surreal; it was like a bad dream that had become an ugly, haunting, and terrible nightmare that now had to be confronted. Dahlia also brought out another element; The converging of Godot's, Mia's, and Phoenix's intertwined destinies. In reality, Dahlia was the person that brought the three together. Edgeworth's past was already taken care of, but he played no background character in the final case at all; in fact, Edgeworth's growth in character is what allowed Phoenix to even succeed as much as he did. Larry's appearance even made the ending more epic; Larry is a character that you haven't seen since the first game (3-2 aside), which puts a feeling of closure on the game that I really can't describe in words, but I most certainly hope you know what I'm talking about. Not that you're to be blamed if you don't.

And then there's Godot.

Godot; the legendary prosecutor that ties Mia and Phoenix together, the character that was truly pushed into the background until now. Godot was the true hero of the Trials and Tribulations game; not only is he sentenced, but he's sentenced knowing he was unable to save Mia Fey. Tragic, of course. Godot resents Phoenix, hates Phoenix, and knows he will never forgive him. He'd do anything to destroy and humiliate him. Godot continues on this ruthless path until he finally realizes that that person he has hated so much is no-one but himself. In his desperate attempt to protect Mia, in a tragic, futile sort of way, he has buried his own grave. Godot is fully aware of this; it comes to the point where he has accepted his fate. Godot drew a lot of emotion from me, really. Godot, realizing that he was fighting for all the wrong reasons, finds all of the qualities he had wished to possess in Pheonix. Godot smiles, and accepts his fate.

And then, possibly the greatest scene in any video game occurs.

Godot is drinking the last cup of coffee he most likely will ever drink, and comments on it probably being the best one he has ever had in the world. Now free from the invisible guilt that was weighing him down, Godot is free. He shares his coffee with Phoenix, symbolizing this along with his trust for the person he has really known all along. Phoenix sips quietly, and can only contemplate on what Godot has just said. It symbolizes Godot's and Phoenix's intertwined fates. One, the person Godot had believed himself to be all along, and the other, the person he has most despised to be, but has become himself.

And thus, ends possibly the greatest video game ending of all time.

Keisan Loire

Sox its taken ages to post.
Yup it was amazing xD
credit for sprite used goes to TheTigress
Please check out my deviantART
http://nexas-kun.deviantart.com/

What if i don't want a custom title?

Yes. It is so friken win.

Quote:
and how smexy is Godot :godot:

Very.
xxAll credit for my sig goes to Elriel.xx

Legendary Agent

.... That was beautiful, Daramue. Absolutely beautiful. ;-;

I agree with you 100% on the way they wrapped up with Godot. I merely liked him before I finished the game-- now that I did finish, I absolutely love him. He's one of the most fantastic game characters I've come across in a long time (not to mention hot). I absolutely did not suspect him at ALL, the entire case-- I assumed that he was away on a doctor's visit on the first day of the trial, hence the explanation about his condition when you first run into him again. As far as the murder itself, I thought that somehow, Misty had projected herself out of her own body and stabbed Dahlia (the light Maya saw coming from Misty's soul or something...) But the second Maya said "three red lights" I felt my stomach DROP. It all clicked into place-- the lantern writing, the weird square of cleaned-up snow on the ground. I think I actually screamed.

Godot's ending was handled extremely well. It felt horrible taking him down-- Maya didn't want you to, you, the player (or me, at least) didn't want to, but Godot was begging for it by dropping hints and such. By then he knew how twisted he had become and he desperately wanted to be stopped. And just like you said, at the end, the final objection set him free. I don't think Capcom needed to say anything else about his fate-- he had his best coffee ever and was ready for whatever happened.

Though personally, the very thought of him being executed for his crime makes me actually feel ill. I don't think his case (as well as some of the other cases we run into in these games... but that's another topic) would even come close to capital murder. If he died (and he probably did) I want to picture a Sienna doujin-ending, where he just finally succumbed to his condition and went on to make astral babies with Mia for the rest of time. Vaya con Dios, mi amigo guapo. Viva Cafe! :godot:

I was happy the Iris arc settled itself out too. I'm not a huge fan of Iris-- I agree with whoever said she came in too late for me to develop a big attraction to her, and I think her blatantly sweet nature actually gave me diabetes. But the revelation that Feenie's beloved Dollie was actually Iris was a nice touch-- it warmed my bitter black heart, and I needed the pick me up after crying over Godot.

I cried again when we saw Misty's picture. Oh Misty. I think you're a dweeb for running away from your family, and you're not very good at planning ahead for things, but bless your dramatic little heart your daughters are awesome.

And I agree with everyone who says that the whole BRILLIANT PLAN was actually not so brilliant and messed up extremely badly, but you gotta remember, there's a limit to how far we can examine the story from outside. After all, if Godot had burned the letter/someone had told Pearl the whole story/a plothole had opened up and swallowed everyone, there wouldn't be a case 3-5 for us to solve!

All in all, I was extremely satisfied with the ending. It actually blew me away-- I did NOT see it coming, and it's taken its place among the top ten most intense gaming moments I've ever experienced.
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

Maya should have died.
Insert fangirl-ish signature here full of Photoshop glamour.

What if i don't want a custom title?

tuntis wrote:
Maya should have died.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But it would have been interesting.
xxAll credit for my sig goes to Elriel.xx

見たのか・・・!

She should have Dx

I don't get it... :nick-sweat:
Do you dislike her, or do you think the plan was so asinine that she should by rights have been killed?

Quizer
Page 4 of 15 [ 565 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Hazakurain (GS3)