Board index » General » Court Docket

Page 56 of 57[ 2256 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

Re: New SmiliesTopic%20Title

Art Person

General Luigi wrote:
[*]SuperAj3, Wooster has discouraged generic happy smileys. The one you made for Athena would just be one of many (see spoiler box below). I recommend using something unique to Athena's animations instead.
[*]As with Athena, SuperAj3, I suggest using something unique to Simon's animations for his smiley rather than a regular scowl. While not as common as a basic smile, we already have a few scowls/emotionless expressions.[/list]
Spoiler: too many generic smiles
:phoenix: :maya: :pearl: :jake: :hobohodo: :trucy: :apollo: :lotta-smug: :kay: :ema: :desiree: :tea-set: :takao:

I see, would Athena playing with her hair, and Simon failing to object be good ones? (I don't know how to make that latter one in the tiny size of a smiley, but I could try?)
Spoiler: Athena animation
As she only does this twice, I'm not sure if it's a spoiler, but it's the only unique animation I can think of for her. (Or her being angry, but I can't picture that as a smiley)

1000% Knight

SuperAj3 wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
[*]SuperAj3, Wooster has discouraged generic happy smileys. The one you made for Athena would just be one of many (see spoiler box below). I recommend using something unique to Athena's animations instead.
[*]As with Athena, SuperAj3, I suggest using something unique to Simon's animations for his smiley rather than a regular scowl. While not as common as a basic smile, we already have a few scowls/emotionless expressions.[/list]
Spoiler: too many generic smiles
:phoenix: :maya: :pearl: :jake: :hobohodo: :trucy: :apollo: :lotta-smug: :kay: :ema: :desiree: :tea-set: :takao:

I see, would Athena playing with her hair, and Simon failing to object be good ones? (I don't know how to make that latter one in the tiny size of a smiley, but I could try?)
Spoiler: Athena animation
As she only does this twice, I'm not sure if it's a spoiler, but it's the only unique animation I can think of for her. (Or her being angry, but I can't picture that as a smiley)

I was thinking about this a little today, and I actually also thought that this would be the best pose for an Athena sprite. I don't think it's a spoiler.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Art Person

Bad Player wrote:
I was thinking about this a little today, and I actually also thought that this would be the best pose for an Athena sprite. I don't think it's a spoiler.

OK then, I was worried it may be a spoiler, I'll try to make it later on then!

Gettin' Old!

The Athena Hair-pull is her BEST animation, go for it. Though I'd say I like Blackquill's desk pound and laughter animation.

Though Apollo and Phoenix both get a multitude of smilies, why can't we include more than one for Athena? :ron:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Art Person

I made the Athena smiley. It took a while to make the hair fit in the boundaries, as at first I have made it too long.

SuperAj3 wrote:
I made the Athena smiley. It took a while to make the hair fit in the boundaries, as at first I have made it too long.

NICE!
:edgey:

SuperAj3 wrote:

omg it's perfect!

I tried to make shocked Bobby and angry Bobby but failed miserably.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Art Person

Thanks!
Sorry to re-hash this. I just wanted to neatly put all of the non-generic smilies toghether that I've made, too see if they're all good.
Spoiler: Smilies
ImageImageImageImageImage

元・超会社員級の管理人

I've finally added several of the DD smilies (actually, I did a few weeks ago.) I've also just fixed a bug that was turning some innocuous words (eg. "justice") into smilies.

Here's to being more on top of this in the future...!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Gettin' Old!

Bolt Storm wrote:
I've finally added several of the DD smilies (actually, I did a few weeks ago.) I've also just fixed a bug that was turning some innocuous words (eg. "justice") into smilies.

While we're actually paying attention to smilies I don't suppose we could look at the drop down menu on the smilies list could we?
Some of the smilies I like are buried pretty far back and I can't remember each page it's on. They used to be sorted by game, which made for easy recollection, hell some were even sorted away as "spoiler" sprites.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ropfa made this a while ago

Also, I thought of an idea for a smilie court records needs; Starbuck sighing

The video game boy; the one who wins

Nooo, please. I'm yawning already just reading that :sahwit:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

元・超会社員級の管理人

Pierre wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

While we're actually paying attention to smilies I don't suppose we could look at the drop down menu on the smilies list could we?
Some of the smilies I like are buried pretty far back and I can't remember each page it's on. They used to be sorted by game, which made for easy recollection, hell some were even sorted away as "spoiler" sprites.

That's actually on the to-do list when I get a spare evening.

That said - it's actually not one of those awful cases where you have to make every change a step at a time in the admin CP panel. Instead, we can upload and download config files that look like this:

Code:
'f_-_phoenix.gif', '26', '22', '1', 'Phoenix', ':phoenix:',
'f_-_edgeworth.gif', '26', '26', '1', 'Edgeworth', ':edgeworth:',
'Udgey-blink-1.gif', '23', '34', '1', 'His Baldness', ':udgey:',
'f_-_maya.gif', '24', '39', '1', 'Maya Fey', ':maya:',
'f_-_pearl.gif', '24', '32', '1', 'Pearl', ':pearl:',
'f_-_karma.gif', '20', '21', '1', 'Von Karma', ':karma:',
'f_-_fran.gif', '24', '26', '1', 'Franziska', ':franny:',
'f_-_godot.gif', '31', '33', '1', 'Godot', ':godot:',
'f_-_sahwit.gif', '20', '24', '1', 'Frank Sahwit', ':sahwit:',
'f_-_redd.gif', '22', '23', '1', 'Redd White', ':redd:',
'f_-_yanni.gif', '30', '30', '1', 'Yanni Yogi', ':yogi:',
'f-_lana.gif', '20', '27', '1', 'Lana', ':lana:',

(Format is 'filename', 'width', 'height', 'can see on posting page', 'mouseover text', 'smilie code').

So if someone's feeling adventurous, I can send them the full version of this list and they can reorder it into something more sane.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

In Justice We Trust

On that note, we are still open to new smileys from AAI and DD. Those games are still underrepresented in the ranks of our emoticon army.
I'll always love you, Max.

Winter Flag Trademark

Umm, Guys. You're forgetting to post a few more smileys:

> Maya (Confident Pose)
> Athena (Shocked)
> Apollo (Sweating)
> Viola (Normal: Smiling Pose)
> Iris (Normal: Smiling, Not Tilting Pose)
> Zak Gramarye Smiley
> Aura Blackquill Smiley

Also, if you people are free, then please click the link below, and solve the problem I face:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30966&p=1292452#p1292452

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

In Justice We Trust

We pretty much rely on volunteers for the production of new smileys, so the smileys you want probably won't be introduced anytime soon. We're also currently hoping to avoid any smileys that have the same expressions as existing smileys. We really only need one instance of a generic smile, yet we've got a whole mess of smileys doing that. Ideas are always welcome, though. Personally, I'd love to see an animated smiley of Aura giving Clonco a solid whack or something similar, so I can agree with at least one of the characters you want added.

As for the issue with Lana's smileys, I contacted Bolt about it a few days ago, but just in case he hasn't done anything about it, I'll see if I can figure out how to take care of the problem (I was only made an Administrator about a month ago, so I don't have all of the new things I can do figured out yet). No promises, though.

Edit: Is it working now?

:lana:

:lanasmile:

Edit: Чёрт возьми.

All right, I've asked Bolt for help, though I might figure out the problem myself before then.

Edit: Huh? It just suddenly started working? Why? Well, uh... I have no clue what specific thing I did made it start working, but I suppose what matters is that it works now.

Winter Flag Trademark

General Luigi wrote:
Edit: Is it working now?

:lana:

:lanasmile:

Чёрт возьми.

All right, I've asked Bolt for help, though I might figure out the problem myself before then.

Hmm... :lana: :lana:
Yep, it worked. Though it would be more appreciable if you change the Smiling Lana's code. When I put the "Smiling Lana" Emoticon, it says {lana} instead of {lanasmile}. However, the Smiling Lana doesn't work till anyone puts {lanasmile}. In any case, thank you. :edgey:

Keep in mind that { is : and } is :
I did this to make sure they don't turn into smileys.

Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

In Justice We Trust

If I had any idea why it suddenly started working, I'd take care of that. It's supposed to say "Lana smiles" when you mouse over that smiley. Maybe the site needs a moment to register the change?

Winter Flag Trademark

General Luigi wrote:
If I had any idea why it suddenly started working, I'd take care of that. It's supposed to say "Lana smiles" when you mouse over that smiley. Maybe the site needs a moment to register the change?

Maybe... :yogi:

In Justice We Trust

That did the trick, apparently. I'm now seeing "Lana smiles" when I run my cursor over the smiley in question.

Winter Flag Trademark

General Luigi wrote:
That did the trick, apparently. I'm now seeing "Lana smiles" when I run my cursor over the smiley in question.

Hey! I see it too! :beef:

Hmm... Let's try the Lana Smilies... :lana: :lanasmile:
Alright, now it works. Works pretty good! Thank you very much for solving the error! This will also solve the problems of the new users who may get confused about the "Lana Smiley" Errors. Anyways, thank you! :will:

Art Person

Sorry for bumping, but I'm in the process of making DGS smilies!
Here's Baroque: Image
I'll make the main 6 characters (Ryu, Susato, Sherlock, Iris, Kazuma and Baroque) for now, and just update this post.

Last edited by SuperAj3 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winter Flag Trademark

I find it very odd to see no GK2 Smilies on Court Records yet even though the fan translation is released.

Art Person

Ace Pointer wrote:
I find it very odd to see no GK2 Smilies on Court Records yet even though the fan translation is released.

I did make one for Shigaraki (Ray Shields) But it seems to have been lost in a post somewhere. (It was of him doing his sarcasta-claps)

I found it on my photobucket: Image

Gettin' Old!

Yeah I'd say we need a big dose of smilies for the new stuff. Then again I remember somewhere hearing a "1 smily per character" rule which disappoints me a little as I like options when it comes to expressing AA emotions. I love Ray's "hug/heeeeey" pose and I love his "woah/Hands up" pose but I have to choose one :sadshoe:

Also the smilies are still sorely missing a category drop down menu for me which they sorely need.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Winter Flag Trademark

Pierre, they're kinda contradicting the rules. Even though it's one character, one smiley rule, there are many character with emoticons that are more than one. :simon:

Gettin' Old!

Ace Pointer wrote:
Pierre, they're kinda contradicting the rules. Even though it's one character, one smiley rule, there are many character with emoticons that are more than one. :simon:

I know that's the case. I just remember the discussion of more smilies for DD coming up and that being the case. You'll notice there's a pitiful amount of DD smilies compared to other games.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

We totally need a smilie of Uncle Ray airquoting. Shimon's (Jonh Marsh) milk squeeze would be cool too. Also, Robin's fake collapse and Shin-na's maniacal laugh. So many possibilities. I wish I knew how to make those things.

Winter Flag Trademark

Ok, I am listing a few GK2 Smilies we may need:

》Hakari Mika. - Determined, Evil Grin, Confident/Sad, Gavel Bang!
》Yumihiko Ichi. - Grin, Crying, Orchestrating , Pointing
》 Bansai Ichi. - Evil grin, Playing with Lighter, Burning Documents (best animation!), Breakdown in Case 4
》Tateyuki Shiga. - Shrugs off, Sweating, Clapping, Smiling.

That's all what I can think for now. :yogi: What do you people think? :pearl:

Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I think that a bowing Edgeworth-smiley would be useful.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

In Justice We Trust

I'll go ahead and add Aura delivering a... what was it? 40.5° karate chop to Clonco's head? to the list of smileys I'd like to see.

Thinking about it, Pierre, I don't recall ever seeing such a rule. I do recall a call for uniqueness, though. Right now, what we want to avoid is any kind of smiley that shows an emotion or expression we've already got. For example, a generic smile. These are just the generic smiles on the first page:

:phoenix: :maya: :pearl: :jake: :hobohodo: :trucy: :klavier: :apollo: :athena:

We don't need more of those.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
I'll go ahead and add Aura delivering a... what was it? 40.5° karate chop to Clonco's head? to the list of smileys I'd like to see.

Thinking about it, Pierre, I don't recall ever seeing such a rule. I do recall a call for uniqueness, though. Right now, what we want to avoid is any kind of smiley that shows an emotion or expression we've already got. For example, a generic smile. These are just the generic smiles on the first page:

:phoenix: :maya: :pearl: :jake: :hobohodo: :trucy: :klavier: :apollo: :athena:

We don't need more of those.

Yeah sorry, looking back that was caveat I missed.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Art Person

I'm all up for making smileys, and provided I can access the poses (whether it be ripped sprites or recorded scenes) I can make them.
I had DGS ones on the list, but I like ideas like of Aura and Clonco or more GK2/DD sprites. When I have time though :shoe:

Ace Pointer wrote:
Ok, I am listing a few GK2 Smilies we may need:
》Tateyuki Shiga. - Shrugs off, Sweating, Clapping, Smiling.:

It seems you missed my post:

Winter Flag Trademark

SuperAj3, that smiley has a contradiction. Shigaraki usually shakes when he claps in the game. The smiley don't shake when it claps.

Art Person

Ace Pointer wrote:
SuperAj3, that smiley has a contradiction. Shigaraki usually shakes when he claps in the game. The smiley don't shake when it claps.

He doesn't shake?:
You can edit the smiley to show me what you mean? :butzthumbs:

Winter Flag Trademark

Mij, look at MBr's sig. There is the clapping Shigaraki Animation. I am using a smartphone to communicate with Court Records... for today. :sadshoe:

In case you want me to edit the smiley, It's going to happen tomorrow because my Modem's out of date. xD

Art Person

Ace Pointer wrote:
Mij, look at MBr's sig. There is the clapping Shigaraki Animation. I am using a smartphone to communicate with Court Records... for today. :sadshoe:

In case you want me to edit the smiley, It's going to happen tomorrow because my Modem's out of date. xD

It's OK, I gotcha! I've fixed it:
I was going off the animations on Ace Attorney Wiki (as CR hasn't updated the GK2 animations page).

I had a bit of time now, so I made a smiley of Susato's fist pump: Image

Also fixed the little error in the Baroque smiley:

Winter Flag Trademark

Hey... These look awesome now! Nice smiley-spriting, Mij! :basil:

Oh! And thanks alot for the Shigaraki Smiley Fix! It now looks better! :gant-clap:

Programmer

I think it is as simple as the character animation itself not shaking. The shake is applied on top of the existing animation elsewhere in the game code.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!
Page 56 of 57 [ 2256 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

Board index » General » Court Docket