Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 4 of 18[ 693 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next

Re: Gyakuten Kenji 2!!!!Topic%20Title

My childhood right here

This has got to be the most popular topic in history.
In less than 24 hours, it already has four pages.
Now, on a related note... SHELLY DeKILLER IS BACK AND HOLY SKSNSKABSKASH!!! He should be the final case's criminal. Fo' shizzle
Wooh! God of page four!

The cape is self-fluttering

Bullseye wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
Oh, yes. I welcome anything Adrian as long as she doesn't end up being one of the victims *o noooo jinx*. If de Killer is involved, it might also mean Matt Engarde (since he'll be hunting the guy until he's dead, right?), which could point to Adrian making an appearance as well. Or we can hope anyway.

I doubt it. Matt is in prison and he probably was sentenced to Death, so it would be a waist of time for Shelly to look for him.

If anything, Shelly was probably just hired for another job. Maybe we get to catch him this time.

Yes, but you forget... prisoners can escape. At least that was true of Terry Fawles.

It's just a possibility, anyway.

But... looking at the new scans and info, it might just be that de Killer is taking a side job after all.

Ping' wrote:
This is sounding great so far :)
Spoiler:
I'm curious about Edgeworth's "conflicted feelings" personally...
Also glad that De Killer is making an appearance.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I can't imagine that visiting Gourd Lake is going to be a very pleasant experience for Edgey :sadshoe:

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Oh I really, really, really hope they connect the story in with some of what we learned of in AJ. It's just so hard to believe that Phoenix and Edgeworth are wandering around the same place and magically managing to keep missing each other and not even mentioning each others names.

It would so make my life if there was some baby!trucy and hobohodo.

But it'll be super cool no matter what. I was starting to worry that they were done with the lawyer games forever!

Idol of Polar Bears

dullahan1 wrote:
I'm curious myself as to why DeKiller has his arm in a sling. Rough day at work?

Another assassin worthy of being called a rival.

Edgey-poo has "conflicted" feelings? That's a new one, what's next....de Killer "killing" people?

The arm sling de Killer has could be part of his disguise in order to make an alibi for having a broken arm perhaps. But most of all I'm excited for the new overworld sprites that they didn't reuse from the last game. :edgy:

EDIT: Well.... for Edgeworth anyways.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I'm feeding most information into the Courthouse Steps Thread until I have time to update the News page, but here's what we know so far:

-This game is going to focus more on Edgeworth's "human side" more so than ever before. The story will be about him this time instead of Kay and other side characters. Supposedly he will be "conflicted."
-We can expect another batch of GS game returning characters/cameos. Eshiro speculates that fans will be pleased.
-The Chess System is more or less Psyche-Locks without the supernatural element. They haven't said how it will work yet except that it will be easy to use.
-The first case is meant to make you feel like you've been tossed into a final case. It takes place at Gourd Lake
-Edgeworth, Gumshoe, and Kay are back (which you probably noticed just by looking >.>)
-GK2 has been in the works since September of last year and it was realllly hard keeping it a secret. Eshiro cites fan demand as the main reason for them continuing the series.
-Same team as GK1 is working on it
-The Tiny sprites have received a graphic upgrade.

What we DON'T know:
-When the game takes place relative to the timeline.
-A release date. But we should find out at TGS.
ImageImage

The cape is self-fluttering

Croik wrote:
I'm feeding most information into the Courthouse Steps Thread until I have time to update the News page, but here's what we know so far:

-This game is going to focus more on Edgeworth's "human side" more so than ever before. The story will be about him this time instead of Kay and other side characters. Supposedly he will be "conflicted."
-We can expect another batch of GS game returning characters/cameos. Eshiro speculates that fans will be pleased.
-The Chess System is more or less Psyche-Locks without the supernatural element. They haven't said how it will work yet except that it will be easy to use.
-The first case is meant to make you feel like you've been tossed into a final case. It takes place at Gourd Lake
-Edgeworth, Gumshoe, and Kay are back (which you probably noticed just by looking >.>)
-GK2 has been in the works since September of last year and it was realllly hard keeping it a secret. Eshiro cites fan demand as the main reason for them continuing the series.
-Same team as GK1 is working on it
-The Tiny sprites have received a graphic upgrade.

What we DON'T know:
-When the game takes place relative to the timeline.
-A release date. But we should find out at TGS.

Awww. Thanks for the info. Also thanks JapaneseGIRL for the announcements and scans.

The first case feeling like the final case is interesting. I just hope that doesn't mean they're going to blow everything on the first case, because I'd like a full game too =P

I kind of do appreciate the fact that they were keeping the game a secret for a full year. Makes the release date not seem so far away... even if they haven't announced one yet, and even though there's still the English translation to tackle once they do.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

:beef:
Well this certainly came out of nowhere! Here's hoping for some great cameos, and Kay's character can be developed some more.

Because I Can.

*Que the All I do is Win Remix* Well, if I won't get Apollo Justice 2, I'll settle for this. AA:I 1 was great, and I hope some ''past characters''

( :damon: :godot: :shelly: )
Sometimes you just have to say; What the Fudge.
Sprites|Spriting Tutorials

Ahh...Coffee...

Wow, feeling like a final case? Now that's really interesting.

I'm really wondering how the Chess System will work, and by the looks of it, I hope it's just as good as the Psyche-Locks, I really enjoyed that, despite how hard it was to break them.

Croik wrote:
We can expect another batch of GS game returning characters/cameos. Eshiro speculates that fans will be pleased.

Now I really hope that's gonna be true.
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Capcom works fast! The GK2 official site is already up.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutenkenji/2/index.html
ImageImage

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

JapaneseGIRL wrote:

JGIRL had already posted it in page 3, Croiky :P
Though I guess that shows how fast this thread is moving.

Could somebody be really awesome and rip the official art from the site? It's just too epic to let go.

This is great! I've been waiting for a sequel to Gyakuten Kenji! :edgy: Absolutely interesting!
:edgeworth: OBJECTION!

Another thing I hope is more character development for Kay especially, though AAI 1 was focused around her she felt way too underdeveloped and came off as a blatant teenage gal sidekick ripoff that is there because there needs to be.

Oh yeah, I wonder if Edgeworth's Office chessboard gag will appear if the chess system is used on Phoenix......if he appears.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

DeMatador wrote:
JGIRL had already posted it in page 3, Croiky :P
Though I guess that shows how fast this thread is moving.

Could somebody be really awesome and rip the official art from the site? It's just too epic to let go.

lol oops. Gimme a break I'm updating! :sawit:

I'll see what I can grab of the art~
ImageImage

Having a rebuttal with De Killer?

THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME

(Since Phoenix only found one contradiction with ''his'' testimony
to change everything.)

The Real Human Being

Moving on up!

Seeing the official site and new screen shots is making me super excited about the upcoming game. I can't wait for TGS now.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

El Psy Congroo

For some reason if I translate the Japanese site to English with Babelfish it keeps saying "The Sovjet Union". Edgey becomes a commie? :P

I'm in ur forum abusing ur emotes

626b wrote:
For some reason if I translate the Japanese site to English with Babelfish it keeps saying "The Sovjet Union". Edgey becomes a commie? :P
Haha, I tried that too. Not only did I get a lot of stuff about the Soviet Union, I also got something about "after the mosquito mustache tongue" and "encouragement generation back hair". I don't think Babelfish works too well. :keiko: Soviet Union did turn up several times though, so you never know...

EDIT: About the Soviets (of a fictional country?) being involved I mean. Not Edgey being a commie. :oops:
My OTP. WHOOOOOOP YAOI!

Criticus Maximus

My feelings about this are divided.

I mean, sure. GK1 did have pretty good gameplay, and the story was ok, but...they were making this rather than Gyakuten Saiban 5? For what reason? GS5 would probably sell a lot more than GK2. And releasing it as a DS title, a major DS title, when the 3DS is right around the corner doesn't seem like the smartest move to me.

I wonder if Phoenix, or any other GS characters, will make more than just a cameo appearence in this game. I don't have high hopes, but Pearly would be nice...

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

I see Kay returning. I hope she actually
Spoiler:
founded her second Yatagarasu by now. There are two people who'd make perfect members in my opinion: :maya: :notes:. They'd make a great team. Kay steals the stuff, Ema analyzes it and Maya contacts the victims of the people they're on to.

Anyway the words "It focuses on Edgeworth's feelings" just made my day. I mean, that means that they are OBLIGATED to give Phoenix a somewhat bigger role in this game! That lawyer gave Edgey back his moral code, after all! They can't possibly ignore that!

And I still want to see that smiley become reality: :b33r:

Also, a mention of Nick's initial thoughts upon seeing the chess board? Hell yes! That was one of my favorite jokes ever! XD

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

not shocking, eshiro said he wanted to make another one, i just didn't expect news of this so soon

The Magatama of Truth!

Parkur wrote:
eshiro said he wanted to make another one, i just didn't expect news of this so soon

Me neither! We only got AAI at the start of this year practically and well, it would seem more reasonable for Capcom to wait a year or so before announcing another. It sounds heaps more interesting than the last one! I can't wait! Also love Edgy's new pose/picture thing that's on the Official Japanese site! He's so awesome... :bellboy:
Signature thanks to the brilliant SnowWright (thank you so much!)

Wherever you go, I will be there.

The game was in development since last year in September - with Ghost Trick out of the way, this game could be released by the end of the year, and the 3DS comes out next year.

Also, if you ask me, Gyakuten Saiban < Gyakuten Kenji

I don't know why, but I just had more fun with GK.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the mini sprites have gotten a massive visual upgrade?

Signature by Myself
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese

Idol of Polar Bears

I really can't tell the difference between the mini sprites of both games, honestly.

世界中

September just got a WHOLE lot better. Lovin' the official art!

BTW If I can I'd like to help with any translation. I've got about 2 years of Japanese under my belt, so I'm quite new but I'm pretty thrifty with a dictionary. :edgy:

Gettin' Old!

Hmm this is great news.

And they had me going with all the speculation that it was the end of Gyakuten Saiban...I guess I kinda assumed it would mean no more Kenji too but you think this game will go into....lets say unexplored territory? It's venturing into the very vague timeline after Phoenix lost his badge I reckon....

Unless you know they do another lightning fast timeline with 3 flashback cases, two cases occuring within a day and all set only a week after GK1
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

System: Nintendo DS?
Bad move. With the release of the 3DS, no one would buy a normal ds game.
And...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
De...d..ee.dd..eee KILLER!
And Gourd Lake!

I dunno...it has an ''Mario & Luigi RPG'' look...

And has Edgeworth become the chief prosecutor?
They are stealing my idea... :larry:

Because I Can.

Pierre wrote:
Hmm this is great news.

And they had me going with all the speculation that it was the end of Gyakuten Saiban...I guess I kinda assumed it would mean no more Kenji too but you think this game will go into....lets say unexplored territory? It's venturing into the very vague timeline after Phoenix lost his badge I reckon....

Unless you know they do another lightning fast timeline with 3 flashback cases, two cases occuring within a day and all set only a week after GK1

It would be great to see how Edgeworth reacted to the news that Phoenix lost his badge.

Edit: Here's a ''less blury'' version of the magainze. (Little to no difference, though :grey: )
Spoiler: Possible Spoilers

Last edited by GantStare on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GantStare wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Hmm this is great news.

It would be great to see how Edgeworth reacted to the news that Phoenix lost his badge.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
MY IDEA!

But it is still great there's a new Gyakuten Kenji! Can't wait to see more returning people.

/人◕‿‿◕人\

I was very sceptical at first, given how much I disliked the plot of GK1, disregarding the Reveal in case 5 of course, but the information we're getting is making the game sound better and better.

Still; Capcom, if Phoenix isn't in this one, I will smash something. Phoenix as a character is incredibly important to Edgeworth's development, like some people said earlier. I was expecting more references to Phoenix in GK1, given that the ad for the game had Edgeworth saying 'prosecutors are more than perfect records etc', but they somehow managed to skirt round the issue, which was a big copout. Phoenix doesn't have to take over the game like he did in AJ, he just has to be an important side character like Edgey was for the original trilogy..or something. Just, it really doesn't make sense to segregate Edgeworth's story from Phoenix's in this way, when they're obviously heavily connected.

ALSO. I NEED Lawyer!Nick GK sprites. C'mon, he's had the same sprites since like 2001 or something!
~Fanfiction~
"No. Men should die for lies. But the truth is too precious to die for."
-Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

Because I Can.

Hikari wrote:
I was very sceptical at first, given how much I disliked the plot of GK1, disregarding the Reveal in case 5 of course, but the information we're getting is making the game sound better and better.

Still; Capcom, if Phoenix isn't in this one, I will smash something. Phoenix as a character is incredibly important to Edgeworth's development, like some people said earlier. I was expecting more references to Phoenix in GK1, given that the ad for the game had Edgeworth saying 'prosecutors are more than perfect records etc', but they somehow managed to skirt round the issue, which was a big copout. Phoenix doesn't have to take over the game like he did in AJ, he just has to be an important side character like Edgey was for the original trilogy..or something. Just, it really doesn't make sense to segregate Edgeworth's story from Phoenix's in this way, when they're obviously heavily connected.

ALSO. I NEED Lawyer!Nick GK sprites. C'mon, he's had the same sprites since like 2001 or something!

Phoenix was in Kenji.

Spoiler: Very Small Cameo

/人◕‿‿◕人\

I know about that - I'm talking about actually being in it. Edgeworth didn't even notice he was there!
~Fanfiction~
"No. Men should die for lies. But the truth is too precious to die for."
-Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

Because I Can.

Hikari wrote:
I know about that - I'm talking about actually being in it. Edgeworth didn't even notice he was there!

True, true. But if this is another Miles Edgeworth game, I guess we can't expect too much out of Phoenix. Sadly!

Meep? :<

THIS IS SO AWESOME THAT I HAD TO COME BACK FROM THE DEAD TO POST

Holy effing crap, this made my bloody day. It's amazing that they managed to keep the project under wraps for so long without any leaks, too. I'm still sad that AJ2 will apparently never see the light of day, but GK2 looks like it's gonna be awesome. I'm especially looking forward to Edgey's character development if they're going to focus more on him as a human being this time around; as great as GK was, Edgey didn't get much development.

Also looking forward to the cameos. :edgy: (Adrian pleeeeaaaaase! And Palaeno better return or I will be a sad puppy. Hell, maybe some younger AJ characters will appear... hmm!)

Because I Can.

arcane-phoenix wrote:
THIS IS SO AWESOME THAT I HAD TO COME BACK FROM THE DEAD TO POST

Holy effing crap, this made my bloody day. It's amazing that they managed to keep the project under wraps for so long without any leaks, too. I'm still sad that AJ2 will apparently never see the light of day, but GK2 looks like it's gonna be awesome. I'm especially looking forward to Edgey's character development if they're going to focus more on him as a human being this time around; as great as GK was, Edgey didn't get much development.

Also looking forward to the cameos. :edgy: (Adrian pleeeeaaaaase! And Palaeno better return or I will be a sad puppy. Hell, maybe some younger AJ characters will appear... hmm!)

No!!! I want an AJ2, and by all means GK2, but look at all of the huge gaming franchises with loads of games. (Resident Evil, Anyone) (Property of Capcom, I add) I'd love to get some closure in this game about Edgeworth and Kay, and how Edgeworth reacted when Phoenix lost his badge, and possibly a younger Apollo? Anything is possible!

Jammin' like it's 2024

Spoiler: "This isn't going to stay a spoiler for long as it's showing up elsewhere already but..."
De Killer??

Pre-order confirmed.
Does we even do these things anymore?

lol boobs.

dasjfdbgdfsgjasljgsh

YES.
My prayers have been heard.
Who needs AJ, I'd rather have another AAI. |D

This is gonna be amazing. XD

Spoiler: ..I guess?
I hope Lotta doesn't show up since it takes place at Gourd Lake, but I have the very unsettling feeling that she will. -____-

If they give me a big AAI Phoenix sprite though, I will die a happy woman. .___.
I cba to read through the whole thread, but I'm really excited for the music, too. 8D

This just made my month.

"also you meant: Are you from Germany, sorry on the one hand I am not sure about English grammar on the other hand I am a grammar nazi" - Coffee Prosecutor

Hello, Adrian.

*takes deep breath*

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

In all seriousness, though, this is wonderful news. Let's hope for a well-written and nice game.

With alot of Palaeno. HE NEEDS LOVE GOD DAMN IT
Mostly a lurker now. I used to be active once upon a time.
Thank you PandaPrinzessin for the sig and avy, I love them!
Page 4 of 18 [ 693 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes