Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 5 of 15[ 561 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

Re: Ace Attorney 6 live stage show at TGS - Apollo, demo fooTopic%20Title

The video game boy; the one who wins

Payne is pretty much the opposite of wow-factor personified, so in that sense it fits.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Redd White X Redd White is my OTP

The person Apollo's facing.......

Is that Juniper Woods?

That looks like Juniper Woods!

I swear to god if that's Juniper Woods...

Spoiler:

That butterfly in the pool, wonder what it means.

Last edited by Kirusean on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

^ The butterfly is the country's symbol. There are butterflies everywhere in the country.

SuperAj3 wrote:
I wonder just how credible the mirror is. I hope it's not like Cat said in it being the all powerful mirror that means no evidence is needed. Although, I kinda think that's how they'll treat it, and it'll be like PLvsAA where Nick needs to use the mirror to his advantage. That's OK, but I'd like them to not be blinded by the mirror and Leifa's presence.

Technically, they're taking the victim's account as the most crucial testimony that could essentially decide the case if there's a lack of evidence. It wouldn't stand in as evidence, as it's still someone's account.

And Nick staring at a pool of water has never been more meta than it has now. How does he use those hitodama to fast-forward or rewind pictures in a pool??
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Kirusean wrote:
Spoiler: Large Image

That butterfly in the pool, wonder what it means.

Put your image into a spoiler tag

I recall reading ages ago, that Asians believe Butterflies to be a symbol of reincarnation. So... that might be it. Either that or butterflies were the form that souls take when they wander the earth...

C-A

It's actually a cultural notion not exclusive to Asians, but yes, it's not surprising that the butterflies would be chosen as the symbol.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Holy crap, I laugh every time I look at those sprites. This series has always been weird, that's right, but they've managed to take it to a whole new level. And my suspicions were right, after all... this new "country" is just an extension of Kurain. They seem to be trying to appeal to the fanbase by reproducing the atmosphere of the first games... this is red flag to me. Not a good thing.

And Maya being the defendant again would be ridiculous. If Maya is really coming back, I'd rather see her in a new role that is totally different from the one she has occupied before. To be honest, I don't want her as the center of attention again, but if she's really in it... they should at least change her connections to the plot. Not present her as defendant again... or even as the assistant, IMO.

About the new butterfly-ish character... yes, I think that they may be someone who is dead and channeled into the courtroom. The thought is absurd, but not impossible. Looks like it, or at least someone with a deep connection to the country's spiritual traditions.
And butterflies are universal symbols of transformation, definitely more associated with metaphysics and spirituality in the East. I'm kind of happy Apollo is not out of the game... it would be strange if the story were only focused on Phoenix after DD being all about the new group dynamics between Apollo, Athena and Phoenix.

dangerousoffender wrote:
And Maya being the defendant again would be ridiculous. If Maya is really coming back, I'd rather see her in a new role that is totally different from the one she has occupied before. To be honest, I don't want her as the center of attention again, but if she's really in it... they should at least change her connections to the plot. Not present her as defendant again... or even as the assistant, IMO.

Ditto. I don't think Maya should re-appear, unless it's a typical, short fanservice moment... akin to Pearl, I guess, in GS5.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

Ditto. I don't think Maya should re-appear, unless it's a typical, short fanservice moment... akin to Pearl, I guess, in GS5.

C-A

I personally don't even like this kind of fanservice, but if it's the better way to shut up fans and say "hey, here's your cookie, the character's going to appear for ten minutes, now you can stop whining about her", so be it.

Gardevoir lover

dangerousoffender wrote:
I personally don't even like this kind of fanservice, but if it's the better way to shut up fans and say "hey, here's your cookie, the character's going to appear for ten minutes, now you can stop whining about her", so be it.

Agreed.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

I'm seriously wondering how they would reintroduce Maya without her looking too similar to Leifa. I mean, the girl's so similar to her, so unless they can't use these similarities as parallels instead, it could be a somewhat poor design choice.

Monkey with a gun

So apparently, word is that this isn't a new payne but rather, its Gaspen again.

Its not confirmed obviously just yet

but the idea that Gaspen ran away into a country without defense attorney's and becomes profitable is freaking hilarious

The Enigma

Spoiler:
Smart of him. He fears the wrath of Edgeworth. As he should.

I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Monkey with a gun

dangerousoffender wrote:
Holy crap, I laugh every time I look at those sprites. This series has always been weird, that's right, but they've managed to take it to a whole new level. And my suspicions were right, after all... this new "country" is just an extension of Kurain. They seem to be trying to appeal to the fanbase by reproducing the atmosphere of the first games... this is red flag to me. Not a good thing.

I honestly don't see this as a bad thing

I like the push that Spirit Mediums isnt locked into Spirit Channeling, but rather multiple ways, with this whole Water Mirror being the central focus.

Its a nice way to re-introduce the whole Spirit aspect from the past without shoving it in your face.

Also people are forgetting that Apollo's text is hinting that the prosecutor is closer to him than it is Wright.

Great Revival

Hotdiddykong wrote:
Also people are forgetting that Apollo's text is hinting that the prosecutor is closer to him than it is Wright.

I thought it was just me...At this point I'm guessing it may be a new character. Maybe to bring Apollo some more back story, to be his own Edgeworth. And he, Clay, and this new character, were friends...but maybe it could have a twist so it wasn't just Phoenix/Edgeworth/Larry's backstory.

I was hoping the prosecutor was a female, since we haven't had one since Franziska

Also when I was watching the livestream, I heard some music that sounded like the Mood Matrix O.o

Great Revival

Lovekitten3000 wrote:
I was hoping the prosecutor was a female, since we haven't had one since Franziska

Also when I was watching the livestream, I heard some music that sounded like the Mood Matrix O.o

Hmm...curious. Do you know a specific timestamp that happened?

Oliver wrote:
Lovekitten3000 wrote:

Hmm...curious. Do you know a specific timestamp that happened?

At around 16:30 of the GS6 livestream video, but maybe it's just generic bg music?

Great Revival

I'll go have a look at it.

Last edited by Oliver on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oliver wrote:
I'll go have a look at it.
Edit: I didn't hear it, but my ears suck, so that's probably it. Also, 666 posts! Now I'll leave the forums forever! :meekins:

Yea it was playing very lightly in the background just before Bokuto's testimony, so it might be hard it hear.

Great Revival

Maybe you mistook the Questioning Theme for it?

Oliver wrote:

@.@ no it was playing while the people were talking right before they showed Bokuto's testimony
at 16:30 of this video https://youtu.be/Lh4A6s_l_Zs

Great Revival

Lovekitten3000 wrote:
Oliver wrote:

@.@ no it was playing while the people were talking right before they showed Bokuto's testimony

Huh...interesting.
I noticed some music...but it sounds completely different to Mood Matrix...Maybe it's just an updated theme...?

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
dangerousoffender wrote:

Agreed.

Thirding thing. But if it appeases whiners... then again, then they'll whine "Why was it only so short? You might as well have not had her in there to begin with!" which... is a lose-lose situation, anyway.

C-A

Great Revival

I agree too...but if they have something to do with the plot, or their character gets expanded upon, I'm fine with them reappearing.

Oliver wrote:
Lovekitten3000 wrote:
Oliver wrote:

Huh...interesting.
I noticed some music...but it sounds completely different to Mood Matrix...Maybe it's just an updated theme...?

Yea to me it sounds like an updated version of the Mood Matrix, Athena confirmed? XD

Great Revival

Yea to me it sounds like an updated version of the Mood Matrix, Athena confirmed? XD[/quote]
...Maybe? I hope so, or a whole games main plot would have been wasted. I bet she'll be the DD Apollo of this game, only being confirmed at the very end.

Yea I doubt they would introduce a new lawyer just for her to appear in one game >_< but I hope they won't do what they did to Trucy

Great Revival

Lovekitten3000 wrote:
Yea I doubt they would introduce a new lawyer just for her to appear in one game >_< but I hope they won't do what they did to Trucy

Well they couldn't take her to another country, and revolutionize their legal system, and leave her to buy souvenirs. She'll either appear or not this game, they can't really pull a Trucy.

Oliver wrote:
I agree too...but if they have something to do with the plot, or their character gets expanded upon, I'm fine with them reappearing.

But that's the thing: they can't really expand on Maya's character anymore. She got three games, with two of them putting heavy emphasis on the Fey clan and having Maya grow. She starts off as a bit of a cryer, but working with Phoenix made her a bit tougher. She learned to deal with things, including her mother's death and took her place as the next Master of Kurain. She had her arc.

It's like giving Edgeworth a third game. It'd be nice, but aside from the realization that it's nothing but pandering to his fans, it would be pointless. He had two games, with the latter heavily emphasizing his desire of being a decent prosecutor and what that exactly entails. His arc is over.

Of course, this would also count for Phoenix, but we know that won't happen, cause he's the main character and they'll squeeze him dry as a splintering bone for as long as they can.

C-A

Great Revival

CatMuto wrote:
Oliver wrote:

But that's the thing: they can't really expand on Maya's character anymore. She got three games, with two of them putting heavy emphasis on the Fey clan and having Maya grow. She starts off as a bit of a cryer, but working with Phoenix made her a bit tougher. She learned to deal with things, including her mother's death and took her place as the next Master of Kurain. She had her arc.

It's like giving Edgeworth a third game. It'd be nice, but aside from the realization that it's nothing but pandering to his fans, it would be pointless. He had two games, with the latter heavily emphasizing his desire of being a decent prosecutor and what that exactly entails. His arc is over.

Of course, this would also count for Phoenix, but we know that won't happen, cause he's the main character and they'll squeeze him dry as a splintering bone for as long as they can.

C-A

I was going to say some of that...but my hand hurt... :oops:

I think the best they can do is making Maya the assistant for one case to appeal to the OT nostalgia and leave it at that. That's probably what would satisfy more people.

luck wrote:
I think the best they can do is making Maya the assistant for one case to appeal to the OT nostalgia and leave it at that. That's probably what would satisfy more people.

I disagree. If they put her in as the assistant for no reason other than nostalgic fanservice, it will piss people off. Including her fans.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
luck wrote:

I disagree. If they put her in as the assistant for no reason other than nostalgic fanservice, it will piss people off. Including her fans.

C-A

Like Pearls and Edgeworth in DD :ron:

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Programmer

I found that Edgeworth made sense. They needed a different prosecutor there, one that didn't mind helping defuse the mess.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Every time I look back at that silhouette now, I can't help but see either a bald monk or a hooded nun... and speaking of "hooded nun", I just had this incredible idea. What if it was a Fey who was prosecutor? A distant cousin, so to speak? It'd actually give Maya a reason to come visit. The Master of Kurain is meant to be a political figure as well as the leader of the clan. And I don't see a reason for her visit to be anything but political.

So, Nick tackles the judicial system as a whole, Maya tackles political relations, and Apollo... is there. What are you doing, Apollo?

Maybe the Wright Anything Agency is just on vacation in Kurain, and the real reason they decide to change the legal system is workaholism.

Somehow, I ended up reading that as "alcoholism". Ridiculous, but it would explain so much.

The Enigma

Oh my gosh..."And then...*hiccup* I point my finger and shout...uhhh...what do I shout again?"
"Nick, go home. You're drunk."
"Alriiiight. Uhhh...which way's home again?" Boom, winds up in Kurain Kingdom. And then he drinks more to forget his mistakes.
I present to you, Phoenix Wright: Wasted Attorney
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Every time I look back at that silhouette now, I can't help but see either a bald monk or a hooded nun... and speaking of "hooded nun", I just had this incredible idea. What if it was a Fey who was prosecutor? A distant cousin, so to speak? It'd actually give Maya a reason to come visit. The Master of Kurain is meant to be a political figure as well as the leader of the clan.

No! No, please, Capcom, Takumi, whoever, stay away from the Fey clan. They stole the spotlight for two of the three games, we are DONE with them. The only revelation you could possibly still make that wouldn't be annoying is... it turns out their powers ARE fake and everyone just suffers from hallucinations when they 'use their powers', which turns out to be nothing but discreetly burning a type of halucinogenic herb.

C-A
Page 5 of 15 [ 561 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes