Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 8 of 15[ 561 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Re: Ace Attorney 6 live stage show at TGS - Apollo, demo fooTopic%20Title

Monkey with a gun

Nurio wrote:
Oooh! Now I get it! You don't want the culprit in the introduction case to be obvious like it has been in almost every game!
...What about AA4, though?

AA4 did it great as well, I was just pointing at AAI2 specifically since it's basically them making the game

Hotdiddykong wrote:
Nurio wrote:
Oooh! Now I get it! You don't want the culprit in the introduction case to be obvious like it has been in almost every game!
...What about AA4, though?

AA4 did it great as well, I was just pointing at AAI2 specifically since it's basically them making the game

Well, for Case 1-1 it made sense, it was nothing but a tutorial and a setting for things. As for 2-1, they probably did it for new fans, who might have started with that game (like I did), but they stopped doing that with GS3. (because we all know Phoenix would NEVER kill someone... kinda wish he would, it would make a neat twist) Okay, they also did it in GK1... eh, 'new' series, needs new tutorial.

C-A

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:
I was thinking back on DD, and wondering if they are going to focus on any plot elements there?

Spoiler:
specifically the country who sent the phantom, and wasnt there some mysterious client or something? I dont really remember.

I know they dropped most of the AJ threads, but DD was the same team so it seems like they might follow up. Honestly, I dont remember enough to know if they were really loose ends that needed explaining or not, though.

I seem to remember them mentioning that, who knows maybe that'll play a part in AA6's story.

I don't think there's any room for that unless the Kingdom of Kurain is involved in the space race somehow. Which seems unlikely. I can't really see how mediums and astronauts can fit together.

And there wasn't any mysterious client.

What did he do this time...?

D.A. McCoy wrote:
I was thinking back on DD, and wondering if they are going to focus on any plot elements there?

Spoiler:
specifically the country who sent the phantom, and wasnt there some mysterious client or something? I dont really remember.

I know they dropped most of the AJ threads, but DD was the same team so it seems like they might follow up. Honestly, I dont remember enough to know if they were really loose ends that needed explaining or not, though.

I'm guessing they probably drop this plot thread. AA6 definitely looks like it's going to have a very different plot, and typically the AA series stay away from late-arrival spoilers.

(DD Spoilers)
Spoiler:
In my opinion, the only plot thread left hanging from DD was the country who sent the Phantom. I'm really doubting we learn this in AA6. It would be a bit insane if this Kingdom of Kurain was the one who sent an international spy to hijack Japan/USA's space program.

Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Great Revival

Of course, Maya was the mastermind behind everything! How did I not notice this...?

Monkey with a gun

To be very specific about DD's one last mystery...
Spoiler:
It was technically a rival country space center that sent the Phantom, and i doubt kurain has a space center, also finding out the Phantom's origins is technically Interpol's job, who knows maybe we'll see an older Lang

Last edited by Hotdiddykong on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Great Revival

Indeed, it is horrifying, but let's not turn this into a DD discussion now.

Monkey with a gun

Oliver wrote:
Indeed, it is horrifying, but let's not turn this into a DD discussion now.

Your right, so i just edited it out since it has no relevance right now.

Great Revival

I don't want Lang as much as Franziska. Lang had his story, but we still know next to nothing about Franziska.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Now that I think about it again, I don't think the "vacation" premise holds much support. Instead, otherwise is implied.

Since Phoenix is in a new country, he'd get a tour guide. He's never been there before. However, nothing in the provided information thus far suggests that he arrived there on vacation. If he had, a simple "He was on vacation when suddenly his tour guide was arrested!" would have sufficed as a description. There's no point hiding it; it's not a super important secret. But then it'd raise the question of why he didn't first choose Hawaii or the Bahamas...

More importantly, there's a bit in the gameplay where Phoenix first introduces himself as a "tourist" before he does as a "defense attorney". Why would he do that if he knew nothing about this country beforehand? He would have no qualms introducing himself as an attorney anywhere else. Now, if someone had earlier warned him not to do that, it would make sense. Then, that person would have to know about the locals' hate of DAs.

Maybe it was Bokto? But he sure seemed surprised to see Mr. Wright at the bench. And even if he did know, he sure didn't like being defended by him. He actually became much less trusting of him after the latter revealed himself to be a DA. I can say this with confidence, since quite a few of the in-game shots from the trailer show Bokto being quite happy and probably oblivious to being around Nick. What does that show? The kid didn't know.

So, who else could have advised him? Perhaps it was someone who had been to that country before and then requested Phoenix head there to help those lost souls with their judicial system. Given our limited resources of info, the only one coming to mind at the moment is Edgeworth. Since he's Chief Prosecutor, he can't just up and leave his office, so he gives Nick something to do. Yeah, I know. It seems unlikely, since when was it ever implied that he visited far-west Asia? Still, it's possible. It's been confirmed (was it by Takumi or someone else in an interview? I forget) that Edgeworth did leave Japan to experience other judicial systems around the world at some point. And a judicial system in a country like this would ring alarms.

Finally, there's the odd coincidence, which probably isn't a coincidence, that the country is named "Kurain". That's motive enough for Nick to take at least some interest in it. That'd also be motive enough for Maya to be excited about visiting it. Whether or not she knows that much about the place, she'd be excited. Granted, the only way she would even know about it is if someone told her directly... or if the history of her clan in fact ties with the history of the country and she somehow finds out about it through history books. Yay, convenient subplot from nowhere! But truth be told, a lot of this stuff writes itself.

tl;dr I believe there's much more to Nick's visit than meets the eye. What do you guys think?
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The Enigma

Nick should have presented...HIS ATTORNEY'S BADGE!

In all seriousness, maybe we'll get more information once we get closer to the release date. And by release date, I mean Japan's release date. Unless Capcom is going to be all wishy-washy with spoilers like they did with DGS.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
It's been confirmed (was it by Takumi or someone else in an interview? I forget) that Edgeworth did leave Japan to experience other judicial systems around the world at some point.

I don't know about an interview, but that was directly said by Edgeworth in GS3.

<Edgeworth>
‥‥理想の審理のありかたを
知るには、学ぶべきコトが多い。
If you want to know how to
run the perfect trial, there's
a lot to study and learn.

<Phoenix>
今、そんなことを
研究しているのか。
Oh, is that what you're
studying about right now?

<Edgeworth>
5カ国の法廷の検事席に、
助手として立ってきた。
I've sat at the prosecutor's
bench for trials in five
different countries now.

There was also a mention of "study the inner workings of another country's judicial system" in GK1.

But I don't think Phoenix came to Kurain specifically to change the system (I don't think he's just a tourist either; I'm guessing there's a reason related to Maya). Since he technically is in the country as a tourist, I don't think there's much to read in the fact that he first introduced himself as a tourist.

On a side note, do you think that in the AA universe, defense attorneys and prosecutors can defend and prosecute in any country they want? It kinda feels that way sometimes...

Great Revival

Jozerick wrote:
On a side note, do you think that in the AA universe, defense attorneys and prosecutors can defend and prosecute in any country they want? It kinda feels that way sometimes...

Well, probably.
I mean, it's not like a lot of things in the series make sense, anyway... *cough* MASON System *cough*

Programmer

Well, there is Interpol, so why not some similar organization for attorneys?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

迷探偵

Jozerick wrote:
<Edgeworth>
5カ国の法廷の検事席に、
助手として立ってきた。
I've sat at the prosecutor's
bench for trials in five
different countries now.

Edgeworth specifically mentions he was only assisting abroad (in the Japanese), so perhaps that means it's not possible (because I imagine that Edgeworth would prefer to act as the prosecutor himself).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

henke37 wrote:

I don't know if there's a proper organization, but there are both international attorneys and prosecutors. And there are also many international courts (the most famous is The Hague's International court, in Netherlands). And I don't think Edgeworth is an international prosecutor (same for Phoenix). So yeah, it doesn't make sense.

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...

Last edited by Slammer on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danchat wrote:
(DD Spoilers)
Spoiler:
In my opinion, the only plot thread left hanging from DD was the country who sent the Phantom. I'm really doubting we learn this in AA6. It would be a bit insane if this Kingdom of Kurain was the one who sent an international spy to hijack Japan/USA's space program.

Spoiler: DD
What does it matter where the damn Phantom came from? He's not likely going to re-appear.

Quote:
I don't want Lang as much as Franziska. Lang had his story, but we still know next to nothing about Franziska.

I only want Fransizka back (and as the assistant) cause I find her fun and want more of her.

Quote:
I mean, it's not like a lot of things in the series make sense, anyway... *cough* MASON System *cough*

Wasn't the Mason System just a simulation of 'connect the dots' but in unnecessarily extravagant fashion? That's not 'doesn't make sense' that's just... computer stuff.

But yes, AA-verse makes no sense. No, a 13 year old would not be able to become a Prosecutor, or any kind of lawyer, in Germany! :tigre:

C-A

tl;dr I believe there's much more to Nick's visit than meets the eye. What do you guys think?

Didn't the info in famitsu say that Phoenix was there 'for a certain goal'?

New~

luck wrote:

Well the Producer did mention something that Phoenix didn't have an enemy, and this will be the time he'll face such one. I'm pretty sure it went something like someone kidnapped Maya and told him to go to Kurain Kingdom to retrieve her back. But anyway, this is bullshit since whatever happened to Kristoph then? HE IS THE 1st enemy Phoenix can get.

Great Revival

D_Albertz wrote:
luck wrote:

Well the Producer did mention something that Phoenix didn't have an enemy, and this will be the time he'll face such one. I'm pretty sure it went something like someone kidnapped Maya and told him to go to Kurain Kingdom to retrieve her back. But anyway, this is bullshit since whatever happened to Kristoph then? HE IS THE 1st enemy Phoenix can get.

Maya is kidnapped...again? Poor Maya...

New~

Oliver wrote:
D_Albertz wrote:
luck wrote:

Maya is kidnapped...again? Poor Maya...

Hello, Master of Kurain holds a special position in government. Everyone must've wanted her. Makes me wonder why Mia can't just become a prosecutor instead...

Great Revival

Either way, she's gone through so much...and...and... MAYAAAAAAAAAAAAA! *pretends to cry for sympathy points*

If Maya were to be kidnapped again, it would prove that everyone ran out of ideas what to do with the series, and should've left it die instead.

C-A

Great Revival

CatMuto wrote:
If Maya were to be kidnapped again, it would prove that everyone ran out of ideas what to do with the series, and should've left it die instead.

C-A

I guess even twice is too much when this is a game about lawyers. :yogi:

It's pretty safe to say he's there for "a reason" of some kind, so either he's there because Maya asked him to because of political reasons, or because Edgeworth asked him to due to law-related reasons, both would explain why he'd decide to go (heck, you could swap the names around and it'd still make sense). I'll echo "vacation" premise not holding much support, namely because he'd need to be there for a couple month (at an absolute minimum) for any sort of plot to fit, and for Apollo to be involved.

As I seem to recall; Wasn't Edgeworth already aware of The Phantom in DD? You'd probably be stretching it to say that could even be remotely related, but I'd figure I'll just throw that in the air.

CatMuto wrote:

Now I want it to happen, simply out of spite of this post.

Bramimond wrote:
Nick should have presented...HIS ATTORNEY'S BADGE!

In all seriousness, maybe we'll get more information once we get closer to the release date. And by release date, I mean Japan's release date. Unless Capcom is going to be all wishy-washy with spoilers like they did with DGS.

It's a sad thing to realize that these people would not know what his attorney's badge is, since former DAs in this country might wear something different. It'd also be a long time since anyone would see a DA's badge anyway.

I'm not sure how Capcom was "wishy-washy" with DGS spoilers, though? They kept a pretty tight lid on them.

Jozerick wrote:
It's been confirmed (was it by Takumi or someone else in an interview? I forget) that Edgeworth did leave Japan to experience other judicial systems around the world at some point.

I don't know about an interview, but that was directly said by Edgeworth in GS3.

Thanks. I think it may have been an interview with the AAI team, actually, but I can't confirm it at the moment.

Quote:
There was also a mention of "study the inner workings of another country's judicial system" in GK1.

To be fair, I don't think Edgeworth would have included Kurain in his list of judicial systems to study, considering how much mystical mumbo-jumbo he'd have to get through first. Nonetheless, he could have definitely stopped by there (preferably with Interpol's permission) to investigate how that mirror really worked and if there was any sort hidden trick to it. Then again, something like that could potentially have gotten him kicked out of the country. Leyfa is princess, after all.

Quote:

Like Ash mentioned, Edgeworth wasn't free to prosecute cases himself, but he certainly seemed to have gotten away with sneaking onto them and playing Sherlock Holmes. (Now if only he had a hat to match.) As for defense attorneys, there is the "Legal League of Attorneys" (note that it specifically refers to DAs) as mentioned from PLvsAA, but just how far they oversee how attorneys take international cases is never explained.

henke37 wrote:

Not likely, and either way, it wouldn't apply to Edgeworth since he had been a district prosecutor all that time, not an international one. That didn't prevent him from going abroad to study up on things, of course, but I doubt there's some international "Legal League of Prosecutors", as Maya once joked.

D_Albertz wrote:
luck wrote:

I say the good producer explained it that way because they couldn't figure out what else for Phoenix to do in Japan. And Krissy is way too long overdue for a return to really matter anymore. Final villains aren't brought back between games anyway, but if he would be, what's he gonna do? Yell at Phoenix from behind bars? Pay for an assassin to take Nick's head using funds that came from nowhere? And don't get me started on any "associates" that would be willing to help him. He's been convicted of murder twice. I'm surprised we haven't gotten confirmation that he's been executed.

As for Maya being kidnapped a second time... I'm with Cat on this one. That is a plot point that has to be used sparingly to be effective. Besides, you'd think as Master now, Maya may be armed or protected by a bodyguard. She's a powerful political figure and she doesn't have one way to defend herself? For shame.

whoknowscran wrote:
As I seem to recall; Wasn't Edgeworth already aware of The Phantom in DD? You'd probably be stretching it to say that could even be remotely related, but I'd figure I'll just throw that in the air.

It could potentially work out if this guy somehow escapes from prison (wtf?) and absconds to Kurain to hide from Interpol, but nah, it wouldn't be cool to bring him back again. Besides, weren't the police tailing down a sniper who shot the Phantom? We never heard from them again. Said sniper could be an assassin who has no particular ties to the country that sent the Phantom and who we haven't been introduced to yet.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I'd love for Kristoph to come back, hes just so creepy and I like that he doesnt really have a motive for what he did. But I cant think of any way he could fit into the (seeming) story of this game.
I still think the "bald" new prosecutor's "hair,hood" shape is similar to Kristoph's, especially the "sharp points", but the butterfly doesnt match and i dont know how that would work and not just be shoehorned in.
oh man iris channeling Kristoph wow im colorblind so insert sarcastic font color here

Do you think we'll get kind of the same timetable that DD got? If I remember correctly, for DD it was:
2007 - "announced"
Early 2012 - production announced
Sept. 2012 - announced, early look, basic backstory
March 2013 - Apollo, prosecutor revealed
May 2013 - new trailer, english localization detailed
May-June 2013 - Japanese PR
July 2013 - Japanese release
August-October 2013 - English PR
October 2013 - English release

So far AA6 has been:
Late 2013 - "announced"
Sept. 2014 - announced, first backstory details.

I dont know how it was with DGS, but im kind of not expecting any big news until next year.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

whoknowscran wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

Now I want it to happen, simply out of spite of this post.

Repeating something is just lazyness. And considering we've already had a repeat of a kidnapping case with Trucy, a third one - with someone who had already been kidnapped before - would be annoying. It's like if you go into the newest movie of an epic series, only to see that they rehash something they've already done in the first movie. It just proves laziness and lack of creativity.

I'm thinking up two stories alongside each other, which technically take place in the same universe. And I'm doing my damndest to not have scenes that are too similar in both stories. I'm trying to make the characters of both 'teams' look different, so they won't be easily mistaken for each other and the themes I want to bring across are also different, so I can avoid placing similar situations.

Where's my huge-ass company, making me rich, huh?!

C-A

The Enigma

It's a sad thing to realize that these people would not know what his attorney's badge is, since former DAs in this country might wear something different. It'd also be a long time since anyone would see a DA's badge anyway.

I'm not sure how Capcom was "wishy-washy" with DGS spoilers, though? They kept a pretty tight lid on them.

Yeah sorry, I posted this last night when I was basically sleep deprived. I probably shouldn't Internet in that state.
So do you think that Kurain did have defense attorneys at one point, but then the idea fell out of popularity when the oracle and the water mirror came into play?
(Ignore what I said about Capcom; as I said, being tired and ended up using the wrong term).
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Last edited by Bramimond on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

A Kirby and AA fan

Bramimond wrote:
Yeah sorry, I posted this last night when I was sleep deprived. I probably shouldn't Internet in that state.
So do you think that Kurain did have defense attorneys at one point, but then the idea fell out of popularity when the oracle and the water mirror came into play?
(Ignore what I said about Capcom; as I said, I was very tired when I posted that and ended up using the wrong term).

It's pretty much a given. I think the point has been made a few times in this thread. Heck, I've made it a few times myself...
They wouldn't have such a distrust in Defense Attorneys if they've never ever had them. And the fact that there's a bench in the courtroom also indicates that there once was someone occupying that bench.

I agree, the kidnapping things been done at least 4 times now.

I really hope they arent just going to make her her old OT personality and can find a new role in the story that isnt assistant, defendant, etc. i think if they play too much on nostalgia it could make it cheap. Im not saying we need to Ema her and totally change everything, but just show that shes grown up and her worldview has changed.

Also, it would be wonderful if she conflicted with Phoenix, not like as the prosecutor but in regards to a sense of morality or "the right thing to do".
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
but just show that shes grown up and her worldview has changed.

Exactly. She can keep her love for ramen/burgers and be a bit teasing, but I'd expect her teasing to be a bit more... subtle? It's been almost a decade since the two have met - or, at least, since Maya has been on-screen - and anyone knows that a person tends to change after almost 10 years. (I can say that I have) I'd see Maya as having matured, well-aware of her role as Master of Kurain now and would, appropriately, hold herself to that positon. Particularly in public.

After all, a character maturing and changing a bit does not automatically mean that they are a completely different person.

Ema, as you mentioned, yes. She was changed a lot and it felt cheap. (And made no sense, if you failed the Forensic Team's test, why not re-take it?)

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Ema, as you mentioned, yes. She was changed a lot and it felt cheap. (And made no sense, if you failed the Forensic Team's test, why not re-take it?)

C-A

I actually really liked Ema in AJ. I think considering Phoenix's role and Takumi's seeming mindset about the franchise it made sense to have a character progress like that. Usually when someone like Ema has had her trauma resolved, she grows up and excels and progresses and gets better when you see them next (like Edgeworth in DD, who is chief prosecutor everyone expected him to be). With Ema, 1-5 is all uplifting, with Lana and Ema hugging and Lana saying "i cant wait to someday work with you when youre a foresnic imvestigator" and then flash-forward and it turns out to be "actually, shes not very good at this. Sometimes we suck at the thing we want to become and our dreams dont come true". I like seeing that sometimes age in AA doesnt just give you a vest or badass glasses and make you more amazing at what you do. But she also ran with it and did her job as a detective, but she wasnt totally into it, which was a good contrast between her and "IM OUT TO PROVE MYSELF SINCE I LOVE MY JOB" Gumshoe. And I enjoyed AJ's agravated, "its going to be one of those days" ema to the intentional Maya clone that was in 1-5.

Having said that, a shift like that wouldnt work for Maya, because unlike Ema (who is a throwaway character to a certain extant) Maya is important enough to Phoenix (and most players) that they want a positive resolution and dont want them to suddenly find out they arent what they thought. With ema it worked because we'd only seen her do basic analysis and you could tell she was obsessed (with all the luminol bottles,etc.) and Maya was always pretty good at channeling. Also, as stated previously, Ema was a maya clone, so AJ gave her a more original character. Maya is the original Maya so it would feel like more of a loss and unless it was justified it would seem like they were doing it for no reason.

I think they wouldnt also due to fan expectations: i think most Maya fans want her to retain her old qualities at least a little bit. I personally dont care really as much as long as I feel the story warrants a change, but I know a lot of people would be upset if they changed her too much, even for valid reasons. (Another example: i like Maya, but I'd be totally fine with having her killed off as long as it felt important to the story and her character arc and was well written and not done just for shock value. Whether a character lives or dies has no bearing on my opinion of the character or the story as long as it seems valid. But I know many fans would never forgive Capcom for killing Maya.

My opinion on the best way to bring back Maya would be to, as you said, retain her basic personality but make it more subtle, have her be a little more calm, a little less awkward, and be more in charge, even if that means sometimes conflicting with Nick's ideas.

Prigovor!

Oliver wrote:
Also, King Payne is confirmed. :meekins:

ALL HAIL GORDON MATTHEW SUMNER FOR THIS FLABBERGASTING PREDICTION OF HIS!!!!!

Great Revival

SirDimQuixote wrote:
Oliver wrote:

You know what? We can call him a Royal Payne.

SirDimQuixote wrote:
Oliver wrote:

Can you imagine how great it would be to have Gordon Sumner as the prosecutor in this game? Think of all the musical numbers! "Attorneyman in Kurain", "Chords of Steel", "Psyche-Lock Around Your Heart", etc. "Spirits in the Material World" wouldnt even need to be altered!
also his testimonies last for like 9 hours

Great Revival

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Can you imagine how great it would be to have Gordon Sumner as the prosecutor in this game? Think of all the musical numbers! "Attorneyman in Kurain", "Chords of Steel", "Psyche-Lock Around Your Heart", etc. "Spirits in the Material World" wouldnt even need to be altered!
also his testimonies last for like 9 hours

Oh my god, yes.

Quote:
Usually when someone like Ema has had her trauma resolved, she grows up and excels and progresses and gets better when you see them next (like Edgeworth in DD, who is chief prosecutor everyone expected him to be).

But that's the thing. Ema isn't progressing at her next thing, she's still obviously very hung up and very bitter about not getting into forensics. She doesn't strike me as having grown up, she comes across as still a teen that is whining over the fact that she lost her favorite toy, which is in a lost & found box, but pretends like there's no way she could possibly retrieve it.

As for Edgeworth, him becoming Chief Prosecutor makes sense. He was a prosecutor to begin with, it's nothing like Ema, who focused on one thing, then went into the complete opposite direction.

Quote:
"IM OUT TO PROVE MYSELF SINCE I LOVE MY JOB" Gumshoe.

He more excelled because he wanted to prove himself to 'Mr Edgeworth' cause he loved him.

Quote:
and Maya was always pretty good at channeling.

Wasn't it first mentioned that she sucked at channeling and only managed to do it after Mia died? That doesn't sound like 'always' to me.

Quote:
i think most Maya fans want her to retain her old qualities at least a little bit

Hence I said that, while I expect her to be more mature - especially in public - and have 'calmed down' a bit, I see no problem with her retaining her love for her favorite foods and excitement over things. (Just, as MoK, she'd try to at least look and act the part in an important, public place)

C-A

Great Revival

I'd love to see Maya trying and FAILING to be serious. "Excuse me, N- I mean, Mr. Wright, can I humbly errr...*starts thinking* request some burgers?"

Maya can be serious when she needs to be. That quality shouldn't change.

I don't care if Maya is re-introduced like she's 19 all over again, as long as when it comes to serious moments, she doesn't act as clueless or lost as she used to. Rather than the cute reply of "We don't have enough information!" I'd appreciate something like "Well, I don't think you'll be get more info by talking with me again, Nick." Sure, throw in a little sass if it helps. It actually makes her more reminiscent of Mia.

No, I don't see Maya acting more refined, since she's not quite like her mother. Maybe she will be when she grows older, but for now, she's still only in her late 20s. No matter what reason Maya has for stopping by this country, she is a tourist, first and foremost! And Nick's wallet will face some arduous tasks... at least, if she can scrounge off of him.

Of course, if she really does come to this country for political reasons and the situation requires that she step forth as a representative of her clan, that will be the ideal moment to show us just how much she's grown. Granted, my clan conspiracy theory is still a theory that needs more empirical evidence, but I truly have no other idea of how they can integrate Maya into this game without shoehorning her in as a surprise cameo. (I'm looking at you, Klavier...)

Page 8 of 15 [ 561 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes