Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 79 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: CONFIRMED: Two major AA5 returning characters in FamitsuTopic%20Title

Derper

ZanarkandGabe wrote:
Apollo vs. Edgeworth would be pretty cool. I dont see Edgeworth losing to Apollo tho. Hopefully they have a cool way of implementing him into the story.

Well, he is Chief Prosecutor now so it's very likely he'll get a prominent role in the game even if it's behind the scenes.

Based on what we know so far though, it seems like Phoenix and Edgeworth(if he's the one Phoenix was talking to on his cellphone) are after some group.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

I'M CRYING AND SCREAMING OMG
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

I'm a bit sad that Edgeworth doesn't look a bit more different after 8 years... The glasses and the long coat are both nice touches but neither seem to have any visible presence in-game... Would've been neat if there was a degree of difference that mirrored the difference between the original Edgeworth and the young Edgeworth from flashback cases. Oh well, some people change less when they're older

Show me your moves, Trite!

LuigiHann wrote:
I'm a bit sad that Edgeworth doesn't look a bit more different after 8 years... The glasses and the long coat are both nice touches but neither seem to have any visible presence in-game... Would've been neat if there was a degree of difference that mirrored the difference between the original Edgeworth and the young Edgeworth from flashback cases. Oh well, some people change less when they're older

Actually, if you look at Phoenix's new look (without taking his Apollo Justice outfit into account) he changed almost nothing from his earlier days as well.
This is a sig. Don't you believe me?

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Those are clearly screenshots from a flashback case, guys. Edgey's not wearing his new glasses and Nick's wearing his old suit and... hair.

Yet the fact that there is art of new!Edgey means he won't just appear in flashbacks. They most probably didn't show him in, um, not-flashbacks to avoid revealing what his role in the game is. If that's the case, he won't be making a simple cameo.
Disregard that, my eyesight is balls.

I'm pretty sure he'll be a major character in the game, most probably in a "helping from the shadows" capacity, like Grossberg was for Phoenix in 1-2, except... Useful.

I am also willing to bet we'll see Maya in the game, but they won't reveal it before the game launches, they'll leave it as a surprise. She most probably won't just be making a cameo appearance, but I'm not too certain of that.

This is the first time I WANT them to do fanservice. I want Maya, Larry, Gumshoe, Missile, Meekins, Ema, Klavier, Franziska, Pearl, Mia, EVERYONE. I just want all of them in 3D <3

...specially Mia :hotti:

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

DeMatador wrote:
Those are clearly screenshots from a flashback case, guys. Edgey's not wearing his new glasses and Nick's wearing his old suit and... hair.

I disagree, you can see Phoenix's hair.. tuft.. thingy and the undershirt in his screenshot, meaning it isn't a flashback case.

DeMatador wrote:

Both Edgeworth and Phoenix are wearing their new suits.

Hello court record forums....It's been a long time.

Dropping by to comment on these turn of events

1.Edgeworth is back!! Woot!! But I am also surprised physically he hasn't changed one bit, but then again there are lucky bastards who rarely age even as they get older. I wonder how much his personality has changed....A part of me is still angry the U.S. never got AAI2 but I can ignore that now cause Edgeworth is back.

2.Trucy is back....Cool, if Apollo is gonna play a part it makes sense for her to come back. I'm hoping this "friend" she's with in her story is Pearls.

3. All I want now for this game to be complete is to have appearances from Maya(Duh), Pearls, Gumshoe, Maybe oldbag, Ema, and maybe Franny.

Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

I do hope Maya appears eventually. More and more I'm thinking it'll be cool if we meet Maya as Apollo, and he doesn't know who she is, and Phoenix doesn't know she's around. I think that leads to interesting story developments, and they can be reunited later.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

irishmarcoos wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

I disagree, you can see Phoenix's hair.. tuft.. thingy and the undershirt in his screenshot, meaning it isn't a flashback case.

Lusankya wrote:
Both Edgeworth and Phoenix are wearing their new suits.

Okay, what the hell!? You're both right. I had seen the picture in my phone and I *checked* for their new suits and Phoenix's hair thingy but couldn't see them. Now I read your posts with a wtf face, check the images again... And there they are.

What the actual hell... I really do need my eyes checked. Sorry for sounding so obnoxious :c

Now the questions posed are: how many cases will Edgeworth be the prosecutor in? And most importantly WHERE ARE HIS GLASSES IN THE SCREENSHOT D:

Maybe he likes to flutter his eyelashes in court so on them days he wears contacts.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Bitter Old Man

You know, Phoenix has old suit DLC, it could just be so does Edgeworth... It could also be that Edgeworth has a flashback scene in addition to appearing with the rest of the cast in the present.

Man, the disappointment is really building up for not getting to play this.
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.

Edgeworth is back and officially has glasses. Life is complete.

(Happy about Trucy too, but I was assuming she'd be back, so I'm not as excited.)

Just a fellow PW fan!

So far we have two confirmed defence attorneys/protagonists Phoenix and Apollo, two confirmed prosecutors Jin and Edgeworth, and two confirmed partners Athena and Trucy.

Theory time: What if beyond case two, there's two trials going on in each case? 'Dual destinies' seem to imply that the fate of two parties are intertwined in some way, maybe it's because you need to succeed in both trials to fully solve each case. The cases could have two parts to it, where the first part relies on you playing as one defence attorney trying to acquit whoever you're defending, while the second part relies on you either defending whoever takes the blame afterwards (sort of like how a defence attorney defends their client by pinning the crime on someone else, only to realize they were innocent as well), or possibly playing as prosecution (Edgeworth) to find out who really committed the crime and send them to prison. I could see the latter happening later in the game with Gumshoe as an ally.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

DeMatador wrote:
Now the questions posed are: how many cases will Edgeworth be the prosecutor in? And most importantly WHERE ARE HIS GLASSES IN THE SCREENSHOT D:

Those are his reading glasses. He'll put them on when he needs them.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The cape is self-fluttering

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *_*;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; *sobs*

glassesworth glassesworth glassesworth GLASSESWORTH GLASSESWORTH GLASSESWORTH GLASSESWORTH GLASSESWORTH

EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO OVER HERE AND TOTALLY NOT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE FOR A LITTLE WHILE. *spazzes and dies happy* :edgy:
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I'm not seeing enough cleavage or even a hint of female sex appeal. This is blatant sexism! I'm a disgruntled fan, and I'll be boycotting this game since it's digital only! That'll teach Capcom to give ME a game!
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Blak The Great wrote:
I'm not seeing enough cleavage or even a hint of female sex appeal. This is blatant sexism! I'm a disgruntled fan, and I'll be boycotting this game since it's digital only! That'll teach Capcom to give ME a game!

Quiet, Blak. You don't want to mess with the fangirls. They can get vicious.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Phantom Prosecutor

Edgeworth is growing up to be just like daddy.

Gettin' Old!

Giegue wrote:

The resemblance is actually uncanny.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Whoa, Edgeworth's looking good, both artwork and 3d model (from what I can see of the in-game screenshot)

The cape is self-fluttering

Pierre wrote:
Giegue wrote:

The resemblance is actually uncanny sexy.

Fixed.

There aren't many father-son duos I'd do, but this is definitely one of them. NNRRRGGGHHHH

I hope he doesn't become too much like father, in the sense he pisses off someone with more power than him. There's only a one year age difference between DD Edgeworth and Gregory Edgeworth during DL-6, and I hope Edgeworth sticks around for a very long time. Not necessarily feature prominently, but... you know, not have a tragic end.

I wonder if he's over his earthquake fears by now.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

*DEEP BREATH*

Older Edgeworth. WITH GLASSES. This is just way too awesome!!

The Law 'Shark'

I have literally not been so hyped for a game in a long time...my god, AA5 looks so tremendous!
No words right now can describe how absolutely excited everything has made me about this title!

Oh, and welcome home, Edgeworth - you're gonna make for an interesting appearance!
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Spoiler:
I'm so glad that Edgeworth is back! Especially that he gave him glasses! A ton of fanart has already given him glasses years ago, so I guess Capcom decided that it fit him too well. Although why has his hair not changed after almost 10 years? Why not give him a little ponytail~ :pearl-blush:

C-A

So, if Apollo and Athena are teaming up, could it be possible for a Phoenix/Trucy court team? Because I may die.

Kav wrote:
two confirmed prosecutors Jin and Edgeworth,

You forgot Gaspen Payne.

Poor Payne brothers. They just can't ever get any respect, can they?

Overall, good to see Edgeworth and Trucy back. I'm rather surprised they went straight ahead with Phoenix and Edgeworth battling in court again so soon. I would have thought maybe they would have saved it for a later game. Oh well, as long as there's a good in-game explanation for it, I'm down for it.

Surf's Up!

YES! YES! EDGEWORTH'S BACK! YEAH!

*starts foaming at the mouth*

Art Person

After running the official site through google translate, and giggling at all the horrible translations, I noticed something that if it is correct (information wise, not grammar wise), then Edgeworth is now the Chief Prosecutor! (Sorry if this has already been said and discussed...)

The lovely Google translated sentence says:
Quote:
"He has been top of the Attorney's Office, the Attorney General is now."

今では検事局のトップ、検事局長をつとめている。 (The original sentence if anyone can give a more accurate translation)

Art Person

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, It seems to make a copy of my posts everytime I comment...
(I wish we could delete our posts... :sadshoe: )

SuperAj3 wrote:
After running the official site through google translate, and giggling at all the horrible translations, I noticed something that if it is correct (information wise, not grammar wise), then Edgeworth is now the Chief Prosecutor! (Sorry if this has already been said and discussed...)

The lovely Google translated sentence says:
Quote:
"He has been top of the Attorney's Office, the Attorney General is now."

今では検事局のトップ、検事局長をつとめている。 (The original sentence if anyone can give a more accurate translation)

No, bad Google Translate. Bad.

Ash already mentioned it when the Famitsu article came out. He is indeed Chief Prosecutor now.

Art Person

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Ash already mentioned it when the Famitsu article came out. He is indeed Chief Prosecutor now.

I thought this would've been picked up. I wonder if this means that trials against Edgeworth may work a little differently, if they decide he has more power up his sleeve?

SuperAj3 wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

I thought this would've been picked up. I wonder if this means that trials against Edgeworth may work a little differently, if they decide he has more power up his sleeve?

Well, according to his quote on the official character page, he says that not much has changed besides his title, so I doubt it.

...No, wait. It's Edgeworth. He ALWAYS has something up his sleeves. One of these days, he will be able to fend off an attacker with a pocket knife.

TheIdioteque wrote:
Kav wrote:
two confirmed prosecutors Jin and Edgeworth,

You forgot Gaspen Payne.

Poor Payne brothers. They just can't ever get any respect, can they?

Overall, good to see Edgeworth and Trucy back. I'm rather surprised they went straight ahead with Phoenix and Edgeworth battling in court again so soon. I would have thought maybe they would have saved it for a later game. Oh well, as long as there's a good in-game explanation for it, I'm down for it.

:will: I wonder if this Payne is going to lose his hair as well.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Well, according to his quote on the official character page, he says that not much has changed besides his title, so I doubt it.

...No, wait. It's Edgeworth. He ALWAYS has something up his sleeves. One of these days, he will be able to fend off an attacker with a pocket knife.

I'm still not totally convinced that Edgeworth will be facing off against Phoenix, at least in the classic sense. I know he is seen in the courtroom, but it's possible that he is going against Apollo or Athena (on the off chance's she's playable). I feel like from what the team has done so far in terms of character development, the transition to Chief Prosecutor would make him more like he is in Rise from the Ashes, where he eventually is there to aid Phoenix rather than hinder him. We'll see, but I feel like there must be some special circumstance for getting Edgeworth into that prosecutor's seat.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ADA McCoy wrote:
I'm still not totally convinced that Edgeworth will be facing off against Phoenix, at least in the classic sense. I know he is seen in the courtroom, but it's possible that he is going against Apollo or Athena (on the off chance's she's playable). I feel like from what the team has done so far in terms of character development, the transition to Chief Prosecutor would make him more like he is in Rise from the Ashes, where he eventually is there to aid Phoenix rather than hinder him. We'll see, but I feel like there must be some special circumstance for getting Edgeworth into that prosecutor's seat.

Pardon me, sir. But if you look at the screenshots from the Famitsu article, he ab-SO-lutely addresses Mr. Wright by name, and Mr. Wright does indeed reply to Mr. Edgeworth by name as well. The two gentlemen most definitely hold a courtroom battle at one point, and I must admit that I too am eagerly awaiting that moment to arrive. :tea-set:

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

Pardon me, sir. But if you look at the screenshots from the Famitsu article, he ab-SO-lutely addresses Mr. Wright by name, and Mr. Wright does indeed reply to Mr. Edgeworth by name as well. The two gentlemen most definitely hold a courtroom battle at one point, and I must admit that I too am eagerly awaiting that moment to arrive. :tea-set:

That's interesting! Thanks for letting me know! Well, I hope they do it in a way so that it feels like a valid evolution of their relationship and not just "OMG Edgeworh is here to rain on my parade again!" I guess I feel that if you look at Phoenix's court battles against other prosecutors as a "deathmatch", then his battle with Edgeworth should be more along the lines of "a game of chess". But the AAI team is good at writing "new", post-T&T Edgeworth so that makes me pretty confident they won't screw his appearance up.

Just curious, can you infer anything about their tone from the screenshots? Are they mildly friendly, angry, proper, etc?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ADA McCoy wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

That's interesting! Thanks for letting me know! Well, I hope they do it in a way so that it feels like a valid evolution of their relationship and not just "OMG Edgeworh is here to rain on my parade again!" I guess I feel that if you look at Phoenix's court battles against other prosecutors as a "deathmatch", then his battle with Edgeworth should be more along the lines of "a game of chess". But the AAI team is good at writing "new", post-T&T Edgeworth so that makes me pretty confident they won't screw his appearance up.

Just curious, can you infer anything about their tone from the screenshots? Are they mildly friendly, angry, proper, etc?

Not much, actually. There is one line that Edgeworth apologizes to Phoenix, saying about how "the situation has changed" so that's why he's standing court instead of someone else, like Yugami. He's just acting as his usual calm, collected persona from JFA & T&T. Phoenix isn't surprised to see him.

The suspense is killing, to put it bluntly. It's the kind of intro that fans have been waiting for.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Not much, actually. There is one line that Edgeworth apologizes to Phoenix, saying about how "the situation has changed" so that's why he's standing court instead of someone else, like Yugami. He's just acting as his usual calm, collected persona from JFA & T&T. Phoenix isn't surprised to see him.

The suspense is killing, to put it bluntly. It's the kind of intro that fans have been waiting for.

That's great. My worst fear was that he was going to return to his GS1 characterization.
Page 2 of 2 [ 79 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes