Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 2 of 2[ 66 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: GS5 official site updatedTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

ashxu wrote:
Just even a mention would be nice. Maybe a "What happened to your assistant in your rookie days" where Wright would respond "Oh she's the Master of the Fey clan right now so she's pretty busy".

At least acknowledge they exist for gods sake.

Maybe even at a visit to the police station, you can see Gumshoe's coat with a half eaten bowl of Instant Ramen would be nice. It would at least show that they're okay and going on with life.

I guess I just won't understand those folks who long so much for the old crew in AJ.

Maya got acknowledged in his hospital room Phoenix remarks about 'this friend' who keeps sending him Pink Princess and *insert Metal here* Samurai DVD's.

Gumshoe actually appeared...granted in a flashback but his presence was confirmed in the game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Because it was a very bad transition to the new. They just scrapped all of the characters and brought new ones. It left a lot of questions unanswered.
Pierre wrote:
Maya got acknowledged in his hospital room Phoenix remarks about 'this friend' who keeps sending him Pink Princess and *insert Metal here* Samurai DVD's.

Was this in the first case of AJ?

ashxu wrote:
Was this in the first case of AJ?

Turnabout Corner. It's all we really get regarding her current status in Phoenix's life, but it's enough to know they're still on good terms. She's not so busy being Master she can't stop by while he's in the hospital, at least.

Adrian in black wrote:
You know, this is exactly why AJ gets on people's tits. Nothing against Trucy, and I know they had their own little thing going for seven years. But saying she was his "only" light during his dark days is an insult to all those friendships he established/reestablished during those three years. He did so much for his friends, and they reciprocated, and yet once he lost his badge, we're supposed to believe not a single one of them knew how to pick up a phone? It's as though to establish any kind of relationship with Trucy, we were supposed to pretend that none of Phoenix's friends ever existed. And Phoenix, Trucy, Phoenix's friends...they all deserve better than that.

But I just keep telling myself that the people who wrote 4-4 just don't know how to write Phoenix very well (or as well as they could), so maybe they only "revealed" what they thought was important for AJ, and that maybe somebody did talk to him during those dark days. And we did get "noodle stand visit" and "Samurai DVDs" ... sort of. Mention mention mention mention. When Phoenix is down on his luck, that would be the time to make a mention, not seven years down the road, and vaguely, to a rookie attorney who has no reason to care about it. Seriously, they just handled that so badly.

Thank you. AJ was a fine enough game, but in regards to story continuity it was absolute garbage.

They're trying to make us believe that Phoenix was disbarred over accidental false evidence when Edgeworth has presented false evidence before and received no more than a slap on the wrist. Also, why would the Bar Association vote to take Nick's badge anyway? It was very obviously unintentional.

Next, they want us to believe that not only is Phoenix disbarred for seven years, but that he was unwittingly friends with Kristoph. Now I get what they were going for with Kristoph being an "evil Edgeworth" that stood up for him when everyone else turned their back on him just like the school trial, but it doesn't work. For one, Phoenix is older and smarter now. For two, HE KNEW KRISTOPH DISBARRED HIM. They would not be friends and attempting to uphold that charade just makes Phoenix look like an idiot. When you play the MASON sequence, it's revealed he learned Kristoph was Vera's client as early as the first year. So why, then, does it take seven years for his turnabout? You can't expect me to believe he just sat around and didn't get any help from his friends.

Anyone trying to tell me he never saw his friends is simply wrong. Maya would sooner sacrifice herself for Phoenix than let Engarde go free. Edgeworth chartered a private jet when he heard Phoenix was on his death bed. You can't expect anyone to believe these people wouldn't come to his aid when he was wrongfully ruined. It's so blatantly out of character it's impossible.

Gah, sorry, we're way off topic now. I just can't resist a good rant on how AJ basically ruined everything. I can understand them wanting to keep things fresh with a new cast, but they went about it all wrong and now what happened to the old cast is all anyone cares about. A lot of supporters for this say that "their story is done" but that's horrible reasoning. Their story was done. Now it's not again. Their lives are irreversibly intertwined with Phoenix's and where he goes, they follow.

No, I think you hit the nail on the head or at least were close and it was a rather interesting read as I haven't really played AA in awhile.

I think we can all agree the period between the 3rd and 4th game wasn't thought out very well and in turn created (ironically) a lot of contradictions of character and whatnot.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I recall from an interview with Yamazaki and Eshiro last September where Yamazaki put off Maya back in the village, and they'll be leaving it at that.

As important a role that Maya had with Phoenix during the original trilogy, she doesn't have much of a role in this game. GS5 is basically a continuation from GS4 - I can't say how they'd tie up the loose ends from that game, but that's beside the point - in which Maya was simply given a reference and had no ties to Phoenix's business during those seven years. Besides, if Maya gets a major role, Pearl will have to get one too. The two are practically inseparable - or are there those who dare argue otherwise?

I know, the part with how Phoenix said that Trucy was his "only" light during those times of pain is rather poorly written. He could have at least included casual mentions to all those other guys who he worked with several years ago. But I've decided to take that writing as his referring to that one day he lost his attorney's badge, and Trucy just happened to be the only one around. It doesn't mean that he wouldn't have called up Maya and told her about it. Besides, he was at the height of his fame by his last case. It'd be stupid if Maya didn't somehow learn about his situation at some point anyway. Of course, because this is a game revolving around the law and the people who defend it, they don't need to show those moments when Phoenix buries his face in Mia's breasts out of his depression. no, not literally

Okay, it doesn't have to be Mia, but he couldn't have been alone all those years. As wrecked as this judicial system is, even it wouldn't allow a disbarred attorney to become chairman of anything involved in law - needless to say, Chairman of the Proposed Jurist System Committee. or whatever it was Now that Edgeworth is Chief Prosecutor, it suggests a likely possibility that the two of them were rather busy behind the scenes during those years. No wonder Maya wouldn't want to bother Phoenix in that case. When she heard that he'd been in an accident and needed rest, she took that opportunity to shove several stacks of Steel Samurai DVDs in his hospital room. "Well, now that he has the time to watch them, he should take it!" is the mentality the game goes for. no need to worry about Nick's health; he always gets better somehow

It seemed like poor writing at the time, but with the latest evidence presented, now a new possibility has been revealed and we can't declare a proper verdict on the matter.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Quote:
Besides, if Maya gets a major role, Pearl will have to get one too. The two are practically inseparable - or are there those who dare argue otherwise?

So you really think it's unlikely that, after close to a decade, Pearl would not have learned how to be a bit more independant? That she would still be clinging to Maya's apron string like a little toddler? I don't really care about Maya or Pearl, but I doubt that Pearl would continue to be that insecure about things. After all, Pearl would now be 17-18 years old.

C-A

Teenage Pearls is what I want to see the most of all. I really want to see that.

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Besides, if Maya gets a major role, Pearl will have to get one too. The two are practically inseparable - or are there those who dare argue otherwise?

So you really think it's unlikely that, after close to a decade, Pearl would not have learned how to be a bit more independant? That she would still be clinging to Maya's apron string like a little toddler? I don't really care about Maya or Pearl, but I doubt that Pearl would continue to be that insecure about things. After all, Pearl would now be 17-18 years old.

C-A

If not Pearl then Mia would I'm relatively sure.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

C-A

First, inseparable =/= dependent. Pearl has shown time and again that she can be independent when she wants to. Second, I'm talking about how involving the Fey clan at all isn't a wise choice. Whether Maya will continue the role as Master or somehow pass it to Pearl doesn't matter. What does is that it wouldn't make sense for either of them to be dropped off in GS5 for some reason other than a casual visit. In fact, I'd be surprised, but delighted, if the game has a 3D model for Maya only, just for the sake of starring in the credits.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Pierre wrote:
Maya then left sometime before April 2019 (presumably why she didn't show up in his case where he got disbarred).

April 6, 2019

Anyway, we're getting a whole spirit festival case in another strange village with no connection to Feys, I would bet, which seems pretty redundant.... what a waste.

I don't see what this Kurain Master would be so 'busy' doing she never saw Phoenix again. Maya could channel just fine without 'training' at all for months on end. You know her non appearance in GS4 was due to a plot continuity reset, not any plot 'justification'.That's 'why' she's not there, not any in-world reason.

As for Edgeworth return, why was this surprising? It was expected from the GK writers. Now Edgey is the one always put on a bus 'overseas', so arguably had more explanation of 'disappearing'.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

icer wrote:
I don't see what this Kurain Master would be so 'busy' doing she never saw Phoenix again. Maya could channel just fine without 'training' at all for months on end.

Moreover, Kurain got by without a Master for nearly 20 years with Misty out hiding in the woods or wherever. Capcom has no satisfactory explanation for leaving Maya out of the mix. No one's saying the plot has to revolve around her still, but she's an undeniably vital member of the cast and there's a reason "Where's Maya?" was one of the first questions they had to answer when the game was first revealed. She's that important.

Unfortunately, all we got was a dismissive "Maybe she's still training or something, I don't know". What a crock. I can only hope that was a spur of the moment answer because they didn't want to reveal anything.

Now I have to ask, what next after GS5? Will this be the last game or will be see another one 3+ years down the line? Will we ever bloody find out about what happened to everyone?

I like AA but I really don't like Capcom.

nevertalk wrote:
icer wrote:
I don't see what this Kurain Master would be so 'busy' doing she never saw Phoenix again. Maya could channel just fine without 'training' at all for months on end.

Moreover, Kurain got by without a Master for nearly 20 years with Misty out hiding in the woods or wherever.

Fair enough, but Morgan technically took over the duties of a Master during those 20 years, so while there was no Master, the place wasn't falling apart so it didn't matter if she was there or wasn't. And if it's said that Pearl and Maya are so inseperable, it would be impossible for only Maya to show up and leave Pearl behind in Kurain to do the chores.

And Pierre, remember that Maya not training for months did lead to her powers waning. At least, according to 1-4, which might have been a plot-excuse to try to get Phoenix to think for themselves, rather than to bumble until an option appeared that basically said, "I totally get what you mean, Mia" or "Mia, tell me a cryptic answer"

Quote:
Now I have to ask, what next after GS5? Will this be the last game or will be see another one 3+ years down the line? Will we ever bloody find out about what happened to everyone?

Everything will be revealed in Ace Attorney 15: Going for Broke, to be released in 2180!
I'm not saying that the Ace Attorney series needs to die. Just that, well, they shouldn't go and prolong the series, just to answer all of the fans' questions, like did Gumshoe have a coronary due to too much insta-ramen digestion, Desirée and Ron having grandchildren and ending up with extremely unlikely deaths. (Similar to Detective Conan which I wish would end finally, cause some of the ways to kill these people is starting to get really freaking weird, stupid or downright boring, even if the physics behind it is interesting)

C-A

icer wrote:
Anyway, we're getting a whole spirit festival case in another strange village with no connection to Feys, I would bet, which seems pretty redundant.... what a waste.

Yeah, it's been giving me flashbacks to that one case in the manga about a Tengu Spirit... oh, Turnabout vs Divinity or something. It wasn't that great. The artwork was nice though.

But in this case, Turnabout Pandemonium (lit. Turnabout Parade of Monsters) suggests a deeper meaning to the case than first meets the eye. I can tell that it's probably some sort of political conspiracy working behind the scenes, given that a village mayor and a city mayor are supposedly at odds. Even if it's not going to be my favorite case in this game, I'm still quite curious about it.

If anything, I'm curious why Jin would come out for this case. I know that he's been called, but why him in particular? I dunno how high-ranked Detective Ban is, but he always takes on cases like there's no tomorrow. Perhaps it was thanks in part to him?

CatMuto wrote:
Fair enough, but Morgan technically took over the duties of a Master during those 20 years, so while there was no Master, the place wasn't falling apart so it didn't matter if she was there or wasn't. And if it's said that Pearl and Maya are so inseperable, it would be impossible for only Maya to show up and leave Pearl behind in Kurain to do the chores.

I sincerely got the feeling that Morgan's power at Kurain was actually limited, so she wasn't doing the 'duties' as they were. Else why would she even need Pearl to be Master if she was already Master-by-defacto? There'd be work at Kurain, but the Master is the LEADER, not the worker. You got a huge mansion and prestige (before the Misty saga anyway). It's so great people kill over it, not a life sentence of training and endless chores. Maya could just get some other mediums to do the chores. The decline of Kurain was because everyone thought Misty (and the Kurain Chanelling) had been a fraud, not simply because she was absent.

Quote:
And Pierre, remember that Maya not training for months did lead to her powers waning.

Observe, FOR MONTHS. This was when she was really new at anyway (game 1, before her becoming a formal medium not trainee training thing between game 1 and 2.). No reason for her to never appear in a game, let alone 7...8 years. Maya channelled Dahlia just fine when she canonically hadn't trained at all since.... before 2-2? I'm 90% sure. it was ages anyway.
No it wasn't because of the training at Hazakurain, that never went ahead. (And if it had, shows she can recharge in about 2 seconds.)

Look if we never see Maya again it's because they just don't bother returning an 'old' character/plot arc, not because of any real reason in Maya's world. There was this interview/chat with Takumi where people asked 'where' she was in/after GS4, and Takumi was like 'Use your imagination I don't want to limit the infinite possibilities to one' bla bla bla. So the canon is NOT that she went and trained in Kurain in a cave for the next 8 years. She just isn't...considered. Which is a rip off, because you can see people always do just consider her existing, even if they don't care about the character and make up things to 'explain her absence'. You WRITE 'putting them on a bus', you don't just ignore them and leave people to invent the imaginary bus.

No Pearl would NOT have to appear joined at the hip, because... drumroll... Pearl went for many months GOING BACK TO LIVE AT KURAIN while Maya stayed in the city! We saw her a lot, but just because that happened to be one of the days she came to visit with them or something. And well, Pearl grew up. Someone who was a little kid before actually DOES undergo significant character change.

Quote:
The decline of Kurain was because everyone thought Misty (and the Kurain Chanelling) had been a fraud, not simply because she was absent.

In that case, does Kurain technically even need a Master? It's been months since I've played GS, but isn't it said that the Master was mostly just there to be a connection to the higher ranked people in Government and had no other role expect being the influential figurehead?

Quote:
[...] Takumi was like 'Use your imagination I don't want to limit the infinite possibilities to one' bla bla bla. So the canon is NOT that she went and trained in Kurain in a cave for the next 8 years. She just isn't...considered. Which is a rip off, because you can see people always do just consider her existing, even if they don't care about the character and make up things to 'explain her absence'. You WRITE 'putting them on a bus', you don't just ignore them and leave people to invent the imaginary bus.

Which is a huge kick in the nuts, because everybody has their own theory now on where she is and anyone who doesn't have the same theory will nag and yell at them, saying that it isn't canon. Or heck, there are people who don't want to create their own theories on what is happening to the non-appearing characters, because they don't want to form their own opinions. I really don't care about Maya, anymore. I think her and the entire Fey clan for explained enough in T&T and putting her into GS5 would be bad, no matter if she had a small role or a big one.
Maya has a big role in a case, probably as a defendant or witness? People will complain, saying she's stealing the spotlight because she was oh-so-freaking-important in the previous games. Maybe she was in 1-2, 2-2 and 2-4, but in the last one she always felt like nothing more than a plot device to me.
Maya has a quick cameo, as a visitor in the office and is leaving just as Apollo and Kokone are entering? People will complain, saying that she has too little of role. Basically, everybody is unpleasable.

Quote:
No Pearl would NOT have to appear joined at the hip, because... drumroll... Pearl went for many months GOING BACK TO LIVE AT KURAIN while Maya stayed in the city! We saw her a lot, but just because that happened to be one of the days she came to visit with them or something. And well, Pearl grew up. Someone who was a little kid before actually DOES undergo significant character change.

I was the first to bring up that Pearl would most likely have changed over the course of almost 10 years. If they were to bring Maya and Pearl in, practically joined at the hip, I'd be wondering why the developers are shitting into the face of their own created characters.

C-A

icer wrote:
There was this interview/chat with Takumi where people asked 'where' she was in/after GS4, and Takumi was like 'Use your imagination I don't want to limit the infinite possibilities to one' bla bla bla.

Ironic, given how linear the stories have been, but the series as an entity has been undergoing its own development behind the scenes. He knows how limited the games can be and wants to expand, but making a game with multiple endings is a buttload of extra work. Simplest solution: let the fans take care of those plotholes. It's not the best idea, but that's how the team went and did it.
Quote:
Basically, everybody is unpleasable.

Exactly why the team went and did it.

Let's face it: whatever the reason, people just want to see official art of the grown-up Maya and Pearl.

Quote:

I'll repeat it again. My point wasn't on that the two of them are conjoined; it's that given the circumstances around GS5, they have no point in being reintroduced. If they had any significant part of the plot, it'd involve the Fey clan as a whole. Otherwise, it'd just be Maya and Nick hanging around for some random case like in the manga. (As much as I enjoyed reading the manga, they're at the level of tolerable fanfiction.)

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
The decline of Kurain was because everyone thought Misty (and the Kurain Chanelling) had been a fraud, not simply because she was absent.

In that case, does Kurain technically even need a Master? It's been months since I've played GS, but isn't it said that the Master was mostly just there to be a connection to the higher ranked people in Government and had no other role expect being the influential figurehead?

Every group needs a leader of some sort, even if that leader is just a puppet or a figurehead. (Why do you think England still keeps a queen, even though she's not really the one in power?) We can safely assume that over time, the clan branched out enough that each "subset of the whole" has become independent from the original line. In that case, their system of government would seem more like an autonomy.

Thinking about it, we don't know if the clan only consists of those at Kurain. Perhaps there are others that are settled elsewhere across the country. Maybe communications have been tough, so not everyone had known Misty was actually absent for 20 years. They just knew that Misty was still the Master, until Maya officially took the title, or was expected to anyway. "Who it is isn't important; just have someone take the role and we're fine", so to speak. (Then again, spreading the news that the Master is suddenly a 17-18 year old girl from a branch family doesn't do wonders for the clan's image - not that a reasonable explanation wouldn't help.)

Gettin' Old!

icer wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Maya then left sometime before April 2019 (presumably why she didn't show up in his case where he got disbarred).

April 6, 2019

I don't see what this Kurain Master would be so 'busy' doing she never saw Phoenix again. Maya could channel just fine without 'training' at all for months on end. You know her non appearance in GS4 was due to a plot continuity reset, not any plot 'justification'.That's 'why' she's not there, not any in-world reason.

As for Edgeworth return, why was this surprising? It was expected from the GK writers. Now Edgey is the one always put on a bus 'overseas', so arguably had more explanation of 'disappearing'.

Dammit Icer is that from GK2? I enjoy looking for the hidden-nick cameos in those games, it's like where's wally now you took all the fun out of it.

Anyways if it is then the information on court records needs updating because that's where I sourced my information from the timeline.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I'll repeat it again. My point wasn't on that the two of them are conjoined; it's that given the circumstances around GS5, they have no point in being reintroduced. If they had any significant part of the plot, it'd involve the Fey clan as a whole.

Could you elaborate on the term 'as a whole'?
Spoiler: Because the Fey Clan
consists of nobody but Pearl and Maya and Iris anymore, at least the main (important) family. Morgan most definitely got her sentence by then, even Dahlia's took at least 5 years to get executed. And bringing in members of the branch family now would be weird, seeing as how we never knew of them before, we don't care a single thing about them and any cameo of any branch family would be pointless. Or, at least, a sad attempt of making the Fey clan seem more important than it is.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I'll repeat it again. My point wasn't on that the two of them are conjoined; it's that given the circumstances around GS5, they have no point in being reintroduced. If they had any significant part of the plot, it'd involve the Fey clan as a whole.

Could you elaborate on the term 'as a whole'?
Spoiler: Because the Fey Clan
consists of nobody but Pearl and Maya and Iris anymore, at least the main (important) family. Morgan most definitely got her sentence by then, even Dahlia's took at least 5 years to get executed. And bringing in members of the branch family now would be weird, seeing as how we never knew of them before, we don't care a single thing about them and any cameo of any branch family would be pointless. Or, at least, a sad attempt of making the Fey clan seem more important than it is.

C-A

Exactly. Whether or not there are other branch family members that have yet to be introduced isn't related to GS5. But in the off chance (read: fan-conjured dream) that Maya is brought back into the story, there may be a need to introduce more of the clan. And if these new characters get some roles, of course Pearl would have a major role.

I know that the Fey clan is more of a name than a physical group of people, so saying "as a whole" isn't quite relevant here. But after one case that ruined the family's name and another case that restored it, we're now at where we are in the story. Any further issues with the Fey clan are now entirely internal and don't need to involve our familiar attorney. Instead, leave those things in a separate game titled "Maya Fey: Ace Spirit Medium" with Maya as an investigator on all things Kurain. There, Capcom, solved it for you. Oh no what if it actually happens I'm scared now

Pierre wrote:
Dammit Icer is that from GK2? I enjoy looking for the hidden-nick cameos in those games, it's like where's wally now you took all the fun out of it.

Anyways if it is then the information on court records needs updating because that's where I sourced my information from the timeline.

Sorry, I forgot about 'spoilers' figured since it's probably never being released here and all. And the cameo in GK1 was so hard to find you practically had to know about it existing to find it. It is part of the 'canon' timeline like you say, quite important since that's all we have to go on about the time after GS3. But yeah MAYA IS STILL AROUND and it's business as usual with Phoenix. As for PL vs PW, well you can claim it's in a different timeline or something but supposedly it's at least after 3-2, and all this stuff happens like a trip overseas and a trial we never saw (I think?) against Edgeworth in the credits. Why is it not canon? If Takumi's mind rebooted proper continuity for PL vs PW then it clearly can have for GS4 as well.

Then GS5 isn't by Takumi anyway... so continuity in this franchise is an ambiguous mess. After plot and characterisation continuity being explicit in GS1-3, well... yeah.

About Pearl: Look, I think Maya can be intro'd without bringing in the whole Fey Plot entourage again. She's that important. Phoenix can just say she used to be his assistant or something, or she's a 'friend' from his earlier law days... and there are so many weird chars of the day, she could be introduced as a spirit medium, possibly leader of some Kurain Chanelling, if needed (eg. relating to Magatama, which I refuse to believe just evaporated since GS4. Yes GS4. If you had some magic object that let you spot lies, would you throw it out without explanation? So if it's gone since GS4 it's even more illogical than not seeing Maya.)

icer wrote:
About Pearl: Look, I think Maya can be intro'd without bringing in the whole Fey Plot entourage again. She's that important. Phoenix can just say she used to be his assistant or something, or she's a 'friend' from his earlier law days... and there are so many weird chars of the day, she could be introduced as a spirit medium, possibly leader of some Kurain Chanelling, if needed (eg. relating to Magatama, which I refuse to believe just evaporated since GS4. Yes GS4. If you had some magic object that let you spot lies, would you throw it out without explanation? So if it's gone since GS4 it's even more illogical than not seeing Maya.)

Introducing Maya isn't the problem. Making sure she doesn't seem like someone who's thrown in for the heck of it is. I would like to see some involvement from Maya, such as channeling the victim because the killer so happens to be clever enough to hide evidence and the wrong person is arrested, blah blah blah... business as usual, and I don't mind it. What I don't want to see is her brought up for only that purpose, or reduced to Nick's assistant again, since we already have a new character who plays that role. If she's appearing, let it be for a huge plot advancement or something... and not as the defendant. We're done with that joke.

Heck, let her appear for the sake of upgrading the Magatama beyond just detecting lies or secrets... like allowing Nick to envision the witness' or victim's perspectives four minutes before death. (GT reference ftw.) It's not too big a role that she can fit into without bringing up the Fey clan, and it'd give the investigation phases something new to look forward to. (Okay, I know that sounds ridiculous, but I'd be excited over it.)

I WILL accept a major role from her if in one case, Phoenix is somehow prevented from standing in court. With him out of the way, we have some chance to introduce new relations among familiar characters - namely between Maya and Apollo and Athena. (I debate whether Pearl will be needed, though.) It's Phoenix who ties all these characters together, so he has to be at the center of this incident. Why not include a case where he's attacked or arrested or something? And I don't mean "Ouch, that hurt! But I'll be out within a couple days" kind of injury. We need something much more dramatic for this to work. (And of course, Edgeworth would most likely be on the case.)

Pearl has thus far been a side character that's important to the plot, and at one point, acted as a temporary assistant for Nick, but that's it. And it greatly disappoints me. Morgan was right about one thing: She has so much potential for greatness. Capcom, don't toss your beloved characters to the fandom. It's a wild world out there.

icer wrote:
(eg. relating to Magatama, which I refuse to believe just evaporated since GS4. Yes GS4. If you had some magic object that let you spot lies, would you throw it out without explanation? So if it's gone since GS4 it's even more illogical than not seeing Maya.)

Spoiler: Nintendo Direct
We see Psyche-Locks in the new trailer as well as perception. Magatama's back, Pearl's back, Maya's just not introduced yet because they're saving the best for last.

Gettin' Old!

nevertalk wrote:
icer wrote:
(eg. relating to Magatama, which I refuse to believe just evaporated since GS4. Yes GS4. If you had some magic object that let you spot lies, would you throw it out without explanation? So if it's gone since GS4 it's even more illogical than not seeing Maya.)

Spoiler: Nintendo Direct
We see Psyche-Locks in the new trailer as well as perception. Magatama's back, Pearl's back, Maya's just not introduced yet because they're saving the best for last.

Yeah where's there's Pearls....there's Maya.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Law 'Shark'

Having all of the returns spoilt takes away the charm - we don't want that happening here!
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Currently we only know of seven returning characters anyway. There were a lot more in JFA and T&T.
Page 2 of 2 [ 66 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » General » Trial Minutes